Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

‘Scream 6’ teaser trailer

New York. New Rules.

Looks stupid. I’ll watch anyway.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32January 22, 2023 11:46 PM

Yeah NO. Wes continues to spin in his grave over this nonsense, and I'm assuming Kevin Williamson didn't write this one either? What separated the Scream franchise from others was the brilliant and funny dialogue( especially the first one) which is why the latest one was so painful to watch. Poor dialogue(too Metta for my taste) plus stiff acting and the unsessary killing of an OG survivor, and the worse Ghostface motive of all time, the movie felt 'off' and spinning around with no direction. And why move to new York of all places? Scream died with Wes craven but it's only money grubbing studio executives who haven't realized it.

by Anonymousreply 1December 14, 2022 4:18 PM

I hope Jenna's character gets killed off.

by Anonymousreply 2December 14, 2022 4:40 PM

"Scream 5" was horrible. The franchise's meta humor doesn't quite work anymore since we're in an age when most media is kind of meta and self-aware now.

The third film should have been the last one.

by Anonymousreply 3December 14, 2022 5:31 PM

Why have a trailer in front of a trailer? I miss going into trailers not knowing what it’s about and then the crowd goes wild when Ghostface appears and they realize it’s a new Scream movie. The trailer in front spoils it.

by Anonymousreply 4December 14, 2022 6:38 PM

R4 that was the 90s.

by Anonymousreply 5December 14, 2022 7:35 PM

It has a Jason Takes Manhattan vibe.

by Anonymousreply 6December 14, 2022 8:01 PM

Wes Craven, Kevin Williamson, Marco Beltrami, Neve Campbell, Courtney Cox, David Arquette, Skeet Ulrich, Matthew Lillard, Rose McGowan, Jamie Kennedy, Henry Winker, AND Drew Barrymore all made Scream so unique and fresh.

Nothing ever hold a candle to the original.

by Anonymousreply 7December 14, 2022 8:08 PM

I'm a sucker for horror, even if it's satire. I'll watch, but agree with whoever said Jenna Ortega should die first. I'm so sick of her.

by Anonymousreply 8December 14, 2022 10:00 PM

Scream 5 was painful. I tried so hard to like it while I was watching but it didn’t take long for me to tell people I didn’t like it.

by Anonymousreply 9December 14, 2022 10:07 PM

I was so bored by Scream 5 that I didn't pay attention at all. I thought the Mexican sisters were actually lesbian lovers.

HORRIBLE movie.

by Anonymousreply 10December 14, 2022 10:09 PM

Scream history tells us they love two killers, one male and one female. I think it's going to be Dermot and Liana Liberato or Devyn Nekoda. Devyn gives me major Amber vibes.

by Anonymousreply 11December 29, 2022 1:26 AM

It wasn't even filmed in New York and of course all the POC characters survive.

by Anonymousreply 12December 29, 2022 1:33 AM

There was a Scream 4 and 5?

by Anonymousreply 13December 29, 2022 1:34 AM

R13: There was a Scream 4 and it was a masterpiece compared to “Scream 5.” Scream 5 for some stupid reason was called Scream and it was an amateur student horror film at best. New characters are unlikable, lamest motive, obvious killers, etc. I guess they’re now going the Saw route with the Scream VI logo.

by Anonymousreply 14December 29, 2022 1:39 AM

I guess they’ve decided to forgo humor and white people.

by Anonymousreply 15December 29, 2022 4:24 AM

“Looks stupid. I’ll watch anyway.” OP: Kudos. You have defined this moment in culture.

by Anonymousreply 16December 29, 2022 5:54 AM

Scream 5 was so bad to me, I didn’t recognize one of the killers as the end.

by Anonymousreply 17December 29, 2022 6:55 AM

Full trailer was released earlier today. I think one of the annoying sisters will be killed off in this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18January 20, 2023 4:49 AM

I didn't like Scream V, but this looks kind of interesting. The trailer shows way too much.

by Anonymousreply 19January 20, 2023 4:56 AM

Yeah it looks better than Scream 5 but I hate the new cast.

by Anonymousreply 20January 20, 2023 5:08 AM

R18: I don't care which one it is. They're both talent free bitches.

by Anonymousreply 21January 20, 2023 3:19 PM

Courtney's botox qualifies as a Ghostface mask.

by Anonymousreply 22January 20, 2023 3:20 PM

I think it's obvious the killers are going to be Dermot Mulroney and either Liana Liberato or Devyn Nekoda.

by Anonymousreply 23January 20, 2023 3:23 PM

R21 I agree, they are both shit actresses. The entertainment industry is working hard to make Jenna Ortega happen. But, she's bland and thought that Wednesday show on Netflix was crap.

by Anonymousreply 24January 20, 2023 3:28 PM

R24: I think she'll get another good project or two and then her career will go down the shitter.

by Anonymousreply 25January 20, 2023 3:40 PM

The issue is Jenna Ortega isn’t leading lady material. They wanna make her the new IT latina girl but she lacks leading lady appeal in any way. There are people saying she’s Gen Z’s answer to J Lo and Salma Hayek (Gen X) or Ana De Armas (Millenial), because Gen Z needs a latina leading lady, but this girl will never have a career like those other women.

by Anonymousreply 26January 20, 2023 3:56 PM

It looks stupid. They really didn’t need to set this in NYC. They’re taking it to cheesy camp territory now.

by Anonymousreply 27January 20, 2023 3:58 PM

R26: It does make you wonder: whose cock is she sucking?

by Anonymousreply 28January 20, 2023 5:18 PM

I think Jack Champion is going to be one of the killers.

by Anonymousreply 29January 21, 2023 3:18 AM

They gave away too much in the trailer.

by Anonymousreply 30January 22, 2023 11:16 PM

[quote] It does make you wonder: whose cock is she sucking?

I wonder about this as well. She's so bland and not attractive. She comes from a family with a six siblings. She's probably supporting her family and I wouldn't be surprised if it's revealed later on that she has asshole stage parents.

by Anonymousreply 31January 22, 2023 11:27 PM

Do you think it's a coincidence that Jenna looks like Neve Campbell?

by Anonymousreply 32January 22, 2023 11:46 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!