Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I finally get Madonna…

Ok hear me out. Yes I was a major fan and yes I’ve been disillusioned with her recent antics but it just hit me: she is a genius.

If you have never experienced age discrimination then you will have no idea why she is doing what she is doing. You would not get the inspiration and why this is so bold and punk rock.

She is once again ahead of her time and basically the essence of her current form is an expression of fighting back against age discrimination and putting it in the face of everyone and making them see that they are wrong.

She didn’t back down or give in. She is fearless and I’m sure there is someone who can espy all this better but once I felt the sting of going from a twink to a man I was forced to suffer the indignities for which she challenges.

And that was just a taste of what older people go through.

I hope someone can articulate this better for me bit LONG LIVE MADONNA. THE QUEEN OF ROCK AND ROLL.

by Anonymousreply 42December 11, 2022 5:34 AM

The part in les Mis that goes like this:

There was a time when men were kind When their voices were soft And their words inviting There was a time when love was blind And the world was a song And the song was exciting There was a time Then it all went wrong

Does anybody know if she is singing of going from a young woman to an older women?

by Anonymousreply 1December 8, 2022 5:40 AM

You are delusional. Almost as delusional as Madonna? No. Not that delusional.

by Anonymousreply 2December 8, 2022 5:40 AM

Madonna is so ahead of us all. I want to go out with leather gloves on and a bustier.

by Anonymousreply 3December 8, 2022 5:42 AM

I think she should put out another album.

by Anonymousreply 4December 8, 2022 5:43 AM

She is not ahead or revolutionary. In fact, she is profoundly timid. To be truly bold today would be to accept ones aging face and body… to accept oneself as no longer a viable sexual creature and move into a more enlightened place of grace and widsom.

Instead, she has manifested her own internalized ageism and sexism and is fighting authenticity with every fiber of her being.

She is a tacky, stupid bitch.

by Anonymousreply 5December 8, 2022 5:46 AM

that’s what everybody wants her to do. I’m not saying she is for everybody but I get her message and what she is doing is in fact revolutionary. Its a stand against the status quo.

It’s saying that she doesn’t want to be tucked away in a nursing home. She is saying it for the people who can’t say it.

She is showing the rest of us we can resist that in other ways, maybe without the bejeweled grill. But we don’t have to accept being put out to pasture at a certain age.

She’s the anti-baby Jane. She is doing this from a place of power and prestige. She is not doing this from a place of desperation. She is doing this FOR baby Jane (Betty D.).

I don’t see this as a personality disorder. It’s holding a mirror up to society as all punk rockers do.

by Anonymousreply 6December 8, 2022 5:53 AM

Funny how Madonna's rebellion always must include being sexually appealing to very young people. If she was really confident, she truly wouldn't care if anyone wants to fuck her anymore.

by Anonymousreply 7December 8, 2022 6:00 AM

OP Your meds are in the fridge next to Madge's. Please make sure you both take them.

by Anonymousreply 8December 8, 2022 6:14 AM

OP = Madonna!

by Anonymousreply 9December 8, 2022 6:24 AM

I'll have what OP's having.

by Anonymousreply 10December 8, 2022 6:26 AM

Ya bunch of haters.

by Anonymousreply 11December 8, 2022 6:31 AM

No, OP. It's pathetic.

The problem is she is trying to appeal to the 20 year olds. Have you ever seen her with a partner her own age? Usually, her bfs are still in their 20s and they're most likely there for her fame, wealth and lifestyle. Her psyche is stuck and has not grown but remains at her former glory in the 90s. She peaked a long time ago and it's about time to accept it and get on with life. Doesn't she realize her own mortality? You can't take it with you when you're gone. She needs to face aging gracefully and stay off of social media. Why can't she just sit back and enjoy her life instead of trying to do the same rebellious thing she did in the 90s?

by Anonymousreply 12December 8, 2022 6:37 AM

[quote]Its a stand against the status quo….It’s saying that she doesn’t want to be tucked away in a nursing home. She is saying it for the people who can’t say it.

For women of wealth, fighting the ravages of aging with bad plastic surgery [bold]is[/bold] the status quo. Trying to hold on to your youth because you’re afraid of getting old (and dying) is something we all do for a time in our lives if we’re lucky to live that long. It’s just that for some of us that time of desperation is more pathetic and lasts longer than for others.

by Anonymousreply 13December 8, 2022 6:39 AM

It’s such a fine line between genius and moronic.

by Anonymousreply 14December 8, 2022 6:39 AM

She's not punk, she's just not coping particularly well with aging, like so many before her. However, in true Madonna fashion, she's doing it spectacularly.

by Anonymousreply 15December 8, 2022 7:02 AM

This is how classy women age. Interview with Charlotte Rampling, who refuses to get plastic surgery. Also some interesting insight into the sexism in Hollywood.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16December 8, 2022 8:15 AM

Eh.

She's just a drunk, pill popping mess who can't cope with the reality of aging.

Narcissists do not age well.

by Anonymousreply 17December 8, 2022 8:21 AM

M A D O N N A

by Anonymousreply 18December 8, 2022 8:49 AM

Madonna is to Gen Z what Rod Stewart was to Generation X- a relic from a bygone time who your parents might dress as for a costume party.

by Anonymousreply 19December 9, 2022 6:44 PM

Meh. I loved Madonna’s music. What would be revolutionary would have been for the old broad to reinvent herself as a legend trying something new. Her music, look and behavior never changes.

Give us a Grand Dame. Try something other than a plastic hooch turning out dance music.

by Anonymousreply 20December 9, 2022 6:51 PM

I forgot to add one more tip for Madonna. Have a sense of humor about yourself. She is the most humorless person.

by Anonymousreply 21December 9, 2022 6:57 PM

Queen of Rock and Roll? Bitch, please!

by Anonymousreply 22December 9, 2022 6:58 PM

OP you make up a lot of stupid threads. I hope your life becomes less desperate.

by Anonymousreply 23December 9, 2022 6:59 PM

Her incessant instagram posts reminds me of the 'drunk girl at a party' character on Family Guy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24December 9, 2022 7:02 PM

Madonna is too insecure yet egotistical to be revolutionary. She is clinging to long lost youth and sex appeal in a desperate attempt to remain relevant. That shows weakness, not strength. She does not have the courage to age with grace.

by Anonymousreply 25December 9, 2022 7:33 PM

Op is another boring Madonna stan

by Anonymousreply 26December 9, 2022 7:38 PM

Madonna stans are beyond embarrassing. Middle aged men coming to the defence of some grifter who pretended she gave a shit about anyone other than herself.

She treats people like dirt, has poached off better talent and hasn't done a thing of any interest in well over a decade, if not longer. But yeah, go ahead and claim her to be something she's not.

by Anonymousreply 27December 9, 2022 7:45 PM

Nice try OP. I would suggest Madonna is more afraid of and unaccepting of aging than almost anyone. Isn’t it kind of obvious, the physical changes, the clothes. I’m older than her and trust me- I know some people think I’m a goner and irrelevant. But most don’t and for the most part I’m grateful to be healthy and still having a good time. I don’t care what people who don’t know me think. Does Madonna appear in any of her Instagram post anything but angry? Does she smile or laugh (at herself). Never.

by Anonymousreply 28December 9, 2022 7:49 PM

You can stop posting about her already.

Check yourself into an institution.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29December 9, 2022 7:50 PM

Madonna sadly reminds me of an aging prostitute who has no other means of income. She aged out of her profession long ago but is forced to still play the game that she can longer win and doesn't belong in anymore. She is no longer sexually attractive or desirable but she aggressively and pathetically pretends otherwise, fooling no one except herself. Just a very sad ending.

by Anonymousreply 30December 9, 2022 7:59 PM

But she does have 'bank'. It's the attention she can't live without, not the money.

by Anonymousreply 31December 9, 2022 8:01 PM

R31- Yes, like a junkie desperate for a fix and there is never enough for very long so she has to constantly seek more. I have often wondered if she has ever been truly happy.

by Anonymousreply 32December 9, 2022 8:04 PM

Punk rock is not as oversexualised. Filtering your images until you conform with a caricature of a sex doll is does not seem very punk rock to me.

by Anonymousreply 33December 9, 2022 9:03 PM

No way I'd be rich and have a saggy bloodhound face. I'd have it all sucked, cut and tucked.

by Anonymousreply 34December 9, 2022 9:30 PM

She can be as sexual as she wants. Helen Mirren (among others) has managed to grow into an age-appropriate public sexuality. Madonna still fails to grasp the distinction between embodying one's sexuality as a public figure, and performing a predatory sexuality divorced from any other discernable humanity. Ageism is a reality. This isn't that.

by Anonymousreply 35December 9, 2022 9:36 PM

[quote]I finally get Madonna

Then could you please take her somewhere?

by Anonymousreply 36December 9, 2022 9:38 PM

R16 Charlotte gave a lot of non answers in that. Partly because English isn't her first language anymore but also because those old actress broads can't pretend or even fathom not fucking for roles.

It's so bizarre that acting is one of those careers where you have to engage in sex and swap bodily fluids with someone you don't like or aren't attracted to, in order to get a job. Why is it so normal in show business?

by Anonymousreply 37December 9, 2022 11:34 PM

She's been a Fall Risk for a while now

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38December 9, 2022 11:43 PM

It's obvious she's doing what she can to get attention. Í just can't fathom needing that much attention. I don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 39December 10, 2022 2:38 AM

Was it only 10 years ago when she made a surprise appearance at a Drake concert, started making out with him and he was wiping his mouth out with disgust. She should have gotten the message then.

by Anonymousreply 40December 10, 2022 5:16 AM

I don't want to F* her. I just want to age her.

by Anonymousreply 41December 10, 2022 6:00 AM

Grace Slick’s sentiments on aging pop stars:

“I don’t like old people on a rock n’ roll stage. I think they look pathetic, me included. You can do any number of things in the music business aside from trying to look like you’re 25. To me it’s embarrassing.”

by Anonymousreply 42December 11, 2022 5:34 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!