Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

BLAZING SADDLES IT DEAD TO ME!!! (not!)

Cancel culture is now going after the comedy classics! Fuck these bitches!

"Is it twue what they say about Bwack men! It's twue, It's twue!!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49February 9, 2024 1:25 AM

They cut his response: "Miss, you're sucking my elbow."

by Anonymousreply 1December 8, 2022 4:27 AM

No one canceled the movie, OP. You and Whoopi are just making straw man arguments to rail against cancel culture, which is really funny since "cancel culture" is a term invented by Republicans and Republicans want to cancel Whoopi

by Anonymousreply 2December 8, 2022 4:30 AM

What in wide-wide world of sports is a-going on here?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3December 8, 2022 4:34 AM

There was a disclaimer on HBO.

There’s been more outrage about that than the movie. No one is canceling the movie or anything.

by Anonymousreply 4December 8, 2022 4:37 AM

AS A MAN, HAVE YOU NEVER SAT AROUND A CAMPFIRE EATING BEANS????

by Anonymousreply 5December 8, 2022 4:37 AM

OP type like Mongo.

by Anonymousreply 6December 8, 2022 7:53 AM

As long as they left in the best line:

To Cleavon Little: They said you wuz hung!

Cleavon Little: And they wuz right!

by Anonymousreply 7December 8, 2022 7:55 AM

This opinion columnist thinks the left would embrace a remade film and that the right would object. Obviously, he hasn't been paying attention to what is going on...................

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8February 7, 2024 6:22 PM

Bunch of Kansas City faggots.

by Anonymousreply 9February 7, 2024 6:26 PM

When I became sexually active about 7 years later, I felt I had to test this hypothesis. And honey, it's twue, it's twue.

by Anonymousreply 10February 7, 2024 6:26 PM

[quote]No one canceled the movie, OP. You and Whoopi are just making straw man arguments to rail against cancel culture

If the movie were remade today with the same. script, what do you think the reaction would be?

by Anonymousreply 11February 7, 2024 6:36 PM

In the Post article, they mention Whoopi saying that she has a clause in her will forbidding any unauthorized biopics.

How can she control if someone makes a movie about her without her estate’s permission? If that were possible there would be NO unauthorized biographies.

by Anonymousreply 12February 7, 2024 6:37 PM

But, you're a nigger.

by Anonymousreply 13February 7, 2024 6:39 PM

If the movie were remade today, it would be hailed as groundbreaking for having an intelligent Black protagonist outsmarting a town of stupid, racist white people. MAGATs would call for Mel Brooks to be hung in the public square, R11

by Anonymousreply 14February 7, 2024 6:39 PM

I’ll disclose right off the bat that I’ve never actually sat down and watched BS.

I have, however watched plenty of clips of it and Madeline Kahn’s “I’m So Tired” number.

From what I gleaned I thought BS is satirizing and ridiculing bigotry and stereotypes.

by Anonymousreply 15February 7, 2024 6:43 PM

[quote]From what I gleaned I thought BS is satirizing and ridiculing bigotry and stereotypes.

That will fly over the head of today's young audience, where everything is taken "literally".

by Anonymousreply 16February 7, 2024 6:47 PM

The Blazing Saddle is dead to me! 🐴 🏳️‍🌈

by Anonymousreply 17February 7, 2024 7:17 PM

I thought the camaraderie between Gene Wilder and Cleavon was forced. How come Richard Pryor wasn’t in this?

by Anonymousreply 18February 7, 2024 10:27 PM

R18 Pryor wrote the Mongo character. Can't remember why he didn't play the lead.

by Anonymousreply 19February 7, 2024 10:29 PM

[quote] No one canceled the movie, OP. You and Whoopi are just making straw man arguments to rail against cancel culture, which is really funny since "cancel culture" is a term invented by Republicans and Republicans want to cancel Whoopi

STFU, you Fascist commie moron.

by Anonymousreply 20February 7, 2024 10:31 PM

Screenplay by Mel Brooks, Norman Steinberg, Andrew Bergman, Alan Uger and Richard Pryor.

by Anonymousreply 21February 7, 2024 10:36 PM

[quote] In the Post article, they mention Whoopi saying that she has a clause in her will forbidding any unauthorized biopics.

[quote] How can she control if someone makes a movie about her without her estate’s permission? If that were possible there would be NO unauthorized biographies.

The answer: she cannot prohibit such films. She can only prohibit her estate cooperating with them. Once she's dead, she's fair game.

In fact, since she's very much a public figure someone could make an unauthorized biopic about her now (just as Peter Morgan did for Elizabeth II). She could sue for libel, but she'd have to prove libel to win. And after she dies, her estate cannot sue for libeling her. You cannot libel the dead.

by Anonymousreply 22February 7, 2024 10:37 PM

r18 his past drug usage made him uninsurable....lucky for us. Cleavon Little was a far better actor.

by Anonymousreply 23February 7, 2024 11:49 PM

They (the studio) have made an edit to the "French Connection" R2 that removes a somewhat "offensive" section. Movies these days receive very little physical release (DVDs), so the streamable digital release is going to become canon, and will be subject to the insane whims of the day. This is a very real problem.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24February 7, 2024 11:58 PM

Off topic, but Clevon Little was so handsome and sexy! God, he was gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 25February 8, 2024 12:01 AM

R25 here - I misspelled his name. It's Cleavon.

by Anonymousreply 26February 8, 2024 12:04 AM

Blazing Saddles will be September attraction in Fathom's big screen classic series.

Get your tickets now.

by Anonymousreply 27February 8, 2024 12:20 AM

Woke-ism isn't trying to "cancel" Blazing Saddles.

No one is.

This is phony outrage from ignorant white Karens and Kens.

by Anonymousreply 28February 8, 2024 12:37 AM

You’ll have to excuse my mother she just found out she has the same hairdresser as Whoopi Goldberg

by Anonymousreply 29February 8, 2024 1:02 AM

HBO Max Adds “Proper Social Context” Intro to ‘Blazing Saddles’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30February 8, 2024 1:11 AM

Nice try, r28.

by Anonymousreply 31February 8, 2024 1:14 AM

I love Blazing Saddles which was making fun of bigotry. The Blacks in the movie were far smarter than the white people.

Airplane wouldn't be made today either.

by Anonymousreply 32February 8, 2024 1:59 AM

The party of "hey look over there!"

by Anonymousreply 33February 8, 2024 2:10 AM

Gene and Richard had a more genuine chemistry.

by Anonymousreply 34February 8, 2024 5:05 AM

Someone should cancel Whoppi Dogdoo

by Anonymousreply 35February 8, 2024 5:10 AM

"...a laurel, and hardy handshake, to our new... n-gger."

by Anonymousreply 36February 8, 2024 5:17 AM

[quote]I thought the camaraderie between Gene Wilder and Cleavon was forced. How come Richard Pryor wasn’t in this?

He was too ugly. The character was written as suave and handsome.

by Anonymousreply 37February 8, 2024 9:15 AM

I could loosen my second sphincter for Cleavon!

by Anonymousreply 38February 8, 2024 11:18 AM

If you click the link about internet trolls trying to cancel Blazing Saddles it takes you to an article that makes no mention of anything like that happening - it seems like HBO put the disclaimer on the film preemptively.

by Anonymousreply 39February 8, 2024 11:59 AM

Didn’t Madeline Kahn get an Oscar nomination for this part?

by Anonymousreply 40February 8, 2024 12:24 PM

[quote] I thought the camaraderie between Gene Wilder and Cleavon was forced. How come Richard Pryor wasn’t in this? He was too ugly. The character was written as suave and handsome.

Gene Wilder wasn't even supposed to be in it. Oscar winner Gig Young was cast, shot some scenes and was so drunk on the set, Mel fired him and Wilder agree immediately to step in.

by Anonymousreply 41February 8, 2024 12:24 PM

R40, yes she was, and earlier nominated for Paper Moon.

by Anonymousreply 42February 8, 2024 12:50 PM

Gig Young!! Boy was he out of his element! Cannot even imagine him in that role. He didn’t really do much after They Shoot Horses. He’s was good in Lovers and Other Strangers.

by Anonymousreply 43February 8, 2024 5:19 PM

I played Blazing Saddles at my mom’s memorial gathering - it’s absolutely what she would have wanted.

by Anonymousreply 44February 8, 2024 5:41 PM

Nobody is cancelling Blazing Saddles. Another Republican rumor.

by Anonymousreply 45February 8, 2024 5:47 PM

Nobody is cancelling Blazing Saddles, but the someone decided we needed a "Proper Social Context” disclaimer as an intro.

by Anonymousreply 46February 8, 2024 6:38 PM

It's a little ridiculous how "a few randos on twitter" seem to constitute society today.

by Anonymousreply 47February 8, 2024 6:54 PM

The story is December 2022. Did something new happen?

by Anonymousreply 48February 8, 2024 7:06 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49February 9, 2024 1:25 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!