Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I knew this guy wasn't guilty. But he was fired any way and his career ruined because of her lies.

***No charges filed in gang rape case involving former Bills punter Matt Araiza***

Former Buffalo Bills and San Diego State University football punter Matt Araiza will not be charged in connection with the alleged gang rape of a minor, the San Diego District Attorney’s Office announced Wednesday.

Araiza was one of three now-former Aztec football players named in a civil lawsuit. Zavier Leonard and Nowlin “Pa’a” Ewaliko will not be charged either, according to the statement.

The office said sexual assault experts, district attorney prosecutors and investigators all analyzed evidence in the case, which included 35 witnesses, DNA results and 10 search warrants.

“Ultimately, prosecutors determined it is clear the evidence does not support the filing of criminal charges, and there is no path to a potential criminal conviction,” the office said. “Prosecutors can only file charges when they ethically believe they can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt."

The now-18-year old woman alleged that Araiza, then 21, had sex with her in the yard of a house near the San Diego State campus on Oct. 17, 2021. Araiza allegedly then brought her inside the house, where she says she was raped by Araiza, Leonard and Ewaliko.

The lawsuit says the woman, then a minor, immediately reported the alleged rape to friends and then to police the next day. Araiza was never arrested or charged following that complaint, and the allegation wasn’t revealed publicly until the filing of the civil suit in August.

After San Diego police investigated the allegations for nine months, it was not recommended that charges be filed when the case was submitted, the District Attorney’s Office said Wednesday.

Araiza set an NCAA record in his senior season with a 51.19-yard punting average, and became known by the nickname “Punt God.” He was selected by Buffalo in the sixth round of the NFL draft and cut within two days of the lawsuit's filing. Leonard was cut by the Aztecs, and Ewaliko left the team weeks later.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25June 22, 2023 1:02 PM

Believe all women.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1December 8, 2022 3:52 AM

It doesn’t mean he didn’t do it, they just didn’t have the evidence. That said, I guess he can get back in the NFL if they choose to sign him. It’s quite unbelievable (and disgusting) how the Browns sign Deshaun Watson and paid him millions. So this guy may have a chance.

by Anonymousreply 2December 8, 2022 4:18 AM

Matt Araiza should sue this liar for millions.

She dragged his name through the mud, people posted all kinds hateful shit, and ruined his career and life.

She needs to pay.

by Anonymousreply 3December 8, 2022 4:19 AM

^ and we gays should all give him incredible blow jobs too!

by Anonymousreply 4December 8, 2022 4:30 AM

R2 35 witnesses and 10 search warrants couldn’t conclude he’s innocent?

by Anonymousreply 5December 8, 2022 4:33 AM

I hate when people say that we must believe the victim when we don’t even know that there was a victim.

by Anonymousreply 6December 8, 2022 4:34 AM

I don't know the details about this, but they obviously had sex with her. Talk about bad judgement. It doesn't mean they deserved it, but it does mean, they knew having sex with her could risk their careers, and they did it anyway.

Let's say it was completely consensual - Any woman that would consent to have sex with 3 men, has mental problems. No man should ever go near a woman like that. Any man with half a brain cell should run away from a person like that and never go near them again.

by Anonymousreply 7December 8, 2022 4:39 AM

Matt, forget all those vindictive, unstable women...

just lie back and let yourself feel better than you ever imagined you could feel

by Anonymousreply 8December 8, 2022 4:39 AM

You are presumed innocent until proven guilty, not presumed guilty until proven innocent.

Treating every allegation as credible does not mean treating it as proven.

by Anonymousreply 9December 8, 2022 4:45 AM

The typical story is girl is cool with one guy, has consensual sex with him then guy somehow has some weird kink and calls up his friends after doing the deed, thinking she will go along. Just reminds me of the derrick rose rape case.

by Anonymousreply 10December 8, 2022 5:22 AM

Years ago my junior college baseball team was accused of gang raping a drunk girl. Another girl broke it up & called the police. I worked in the DA’s Office at the time, & the Da refused to press charges, saying it was unwinnable & unprovable, even though it did happen. The DA lost her next election & the incoming DA reopened the case, but ultimately couldn’t file charges either. He too said he knew the crime had been committed but the case couldn’t be proved to a jury.

I bet it’s the same situation here. Stop defending this guy just because he’s hot.

by Anonymousreply 11December 8, 2022 8:03 AM

He’s no innocent.

by Anonymousreply 12December 8, 2022 8:51 AM

Nah, you didn't OP. You figured that he was innocent because he's "hot." GTFOH

by Anonymousreply 13December 8, 2022 9:59 AM

No charges pressed does not mean innocent OP.

by Anonymousreply 14December 8, 2022 10:36 AM

What happened with the civil suit?

by Anonymousreply 15December 8, 2022 10:39 AM

He’s ugly as fuck , all of his facial features are within a nanometer of eachother

by Anonymousreply 16December 8, 2022 10:52 AM

[quote] I bet it’s the same situation here. Stop defending this guy just because he’s hot.

[quote] No charges pressed does not mean innocent OP.

[quote] He’s no innocent.

This is what's wrong with women and the "#metoo" movement.

"I bet he did it" is not a presentation of fact.

Personal opinion is not a presentation of fact.

A Defense Attorney in some random OTHER similar case "re-opening" that case, is NOT a presentation of fact in THIS case.

Women are out of fucking control.

You cannot keep making these false, unproven, unsubstantiated, and in most cases UNTRUTHFUL accusations against men.

You are ruining their lives, ruining their careers, and ruining their reputations, based on YOUR LIES which are later shown to actually BE lies.

And then then just waltz off, with no consequences.

Meanwhile, the man's life is ruined.

Well fuck you #metoo bitches.

I will never believe another woman who makes these kinds of claims, unless they have 100% proof to back it up.

NEVER again.

by Anonymousreply 17December 9, 2022 3:07 AM

[quote]r17 I will never believe another woman who makes these kinds of claims, unless they have 100% proof to back it up. NEVER again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18December 9, 2022 5:49 AM

He's a Mexican, so he must be a rapist.

by Anonymousreply 19December 9, 2022 5:59 AM

Araiza is interviewed on the newest edition of Real Sports on HBO.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20June 21, 2023 7:10 PM

[quote] Matt Araiza should sue this liar for millions.

What "millions" does she have exactly from her minimum wage job?

by Anonymousreply 21June 21, 2023 8:11 PM

I mean...he'd STILL get it, but he could use some facial hair. Not bad looking at ALL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22June 22, 2023 10:10 AM

What about another hot college footballer, charged with pedo stuff?

by Anonymousreply 23June 22, 2023 10:16 AM

He is suing her attorney.

by Anonymousreply 24June 22, 2023 12:58 PM

R17: you always were a misogynist and you always will be.

by Anonymousreply 25June 22, 2023 1:02 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!