Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

“Malibu” by Miley Cyrus is such a positive, feel good song

It has such a positive aura to it. It’s a song that always makes me smile and feel good, and you can hear the happiness in her voice. I love it so much.

The Outro lyrics always get me and I sing along, out loud.

“We are just like the waves that flow back and forth

Sometimes I feel like I'm drowning

And you're there to save me

And I wanna thank you with all of my heart

It's a brand new start

A dream come true

in Malibu”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10December 7, 2022 4:01 PM

But is it a bop?

by Anonymousreply 1December 7, 2022 3:26 PM

I like it

by Anonymousreply 2December 7, 2022 3:29 PM

I disagree. The lyrics are boring. Look at 2:03 in the video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3December 7, 2022 3:31 PM

R3 how is a song “boring”? If you can only appreciate songs about doing drugs and fucking whores, ok, but that’s you.

by Anonymousreply 4December 7, 2022 3:33 PM

The story behind it is kind of depressing. Her ex husband, who was a surfer, convinced her to build a marital home in Malibu. Then she left him.

by Anonymousreply 5December 7, 2022 3:34 PM

R5 she left him because she felt she had to be someone she wasn’t with him. He wants a good girl to bring home to mom, which is why she cleaned up her act so much during this era and became “wholesome”.

But that didn’t last long and she ditched him to continue being “herself”

by Anonymousreply 6December 7, 2022 3:39 PM

Fuck you

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7December 7, 2022 3:42 PM

R5 someone on here once explained it differently. I can't remember all the details but it was said because he is a surfer, he wanted one of the houses directly at the beach but she said "no" like a dyke.

by Anonymousreply 8December 7, 2022 3:43 PM

R6 is that "being herself"?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9December 7, 2022 3:54 PM

So sick of this person

by Anonymousreply 10December 7, 2022 4:01 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!