Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Family of fallen Capitol Police officer refuses to shake hands with McCarthy, McConnell at medal ceremony

Politics Family of fallen Capitol Police officer refuses to shake hands with McCarthy, McConnell at medal ceremony

By Scott MacFarlane

Updated on: December 6, 2022 / 3:21 PM / CBS News

The family of Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick — his mother, father and brother — refused to shake hands with Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell and House Republican Leader Kevin McCarthy at a Congressional Gold Medal ceremony honoring the police departments that worked to save the U.S. Capitol during the riot on Jan. 6, 2021.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20December 8, 2022 12:39 PM

And??

by Anonymousreply 1December 7, 2022 12:29 AM

I love it when these things happen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2December 7, 2022 12:31 AM

Can you blame them??

by Anonymousreply 3December 7, 2022 12:32 AM

These days, Broadway sensation Lea Michele will be ignoring Jessica Lange on the red carpet.

by Anonymousreply 4December 7, 2022 12:35 AM

Good for them. Show McCarthy and McTurtle what principles are.

by Anonymousreply 5December 7, 2022 12:36 AM

What bigots, they obviously don’t like Mcs.

by Anonymousreply 6December 7, 2022 12:45 AM

Good for them. Those 2 assholes are traitors who should be ashamed to stand on stage

by Anonymousreply 7December 7, 2022 12:45 AM

They both deserve every snub.

by Anonymousreply 8December 7, 2022 12:53 AM

True American heroes

by Anonymousreply 9December 7, 2022 12:58 AM

They should have kicked him In the nuts instead.

by Anonymousreply 10December 7, 2022 12:58 AM

I would have told him to go die in a grease fire.

by Anonymousreply 11December 7, 2022 1:02 AM

McLosers.

by Anonymousreply 12December 7, 2022 1:07 AM

Nice! I would’ve done the same!

by Anonymousreply 13December 7, 2022 1:09 AM

Actually, I would have had a hard time not saying things I would regret later. Good for them for showing the restraint needed.

by Anonymousreply 14December 7, 2022 1:13 AM

In any traditional society, McConnell and McCarthy would be publicly shunned and shamed at every turn. They should be treated as pariahs.

by Anonymousreply 15December 7, 2022 1:44 AM

Snubbing them was a much kinder response than what I would have said.

by Anonymousreply 16December 7, 2022 1:56 AM

Good for them. Why shake hands with these sniveling cowards who couldn’t be bothered to do or say the right thing after you just risked your life to save them?

by Anonymousreply 17December 7, 2022 2:39 AM

Kick those two in the nuts? It's more like grab them in the pussy.

by Anonymousreply 18December 7, 2022 4:03 AM

They have backbone.

Those politicians do not deserve their reflected glory.

by Anonymousreply 19December 7, 2022 7:51 AM

A picture is worth a thousand words. I woke up thinking about that video cllip.

Mitch's clueless expression.

Wonderful the event occured the week the Republicans lose the Senate.

by Anonymousreply 20December 8, 2022 12:39 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!