Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Leonardo DiCaprio’s transformation into Jimmy Cagney is complete

From Killers of the Flower Moon

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11December 7, 2022 12:14 AM

He took a turn down Russell Crowe Avenue, and has now completed the journey from hunk to bloated character actor

by Anonymousreply 1December 6, 2022 11:26 PM

Heś to tall. Cagney was 5´5´

by Anonymousreply 2December 6, 2022 11:29 PM

My first crush was Jimmy Cagney and no im not 110

by Anonymousreply 3December 6, 2022 11:31 PM

Leo may have an Italian dad but he's 100% a Bavarian peasant.

by Anonymousreply 4December 6, 2022 11:34 PM

Ummmmm, no, OP.

Cagney was agile and sprightly even in his roles as thug heavies.

Leo MAYBE resembles Cagney in Jimmy's final role in [italic]Ragtime.[/italic]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5December 6, 2022 11:37 PM

He so wants that 2nd Oscar. Of course they will give it to him.

by Anonymousreply 6December 6, 2022 11:37 PM

I don’t get him and it just doesn’t matter anymore.

by Anonymousreply 7December 6, 2022 11:46 PM

He was hot 20 years ago. Now he is just a star in the Daily Mail's pursuit of Dad Bods on the Beach.

by Anonymousreply 8December 6, 2022 11:52 PM

He needs to play Orson Welles in his biopic.

by Anonymousreply 9December 7, 2022 12:08 AM

I don't know much about him as a person, but I do like many of his performances although he tends to overwork that muscle in between his eyebrows a little too much. It seems like a wise choice to become a character actor. If he'd tried to stay the pretty twink he was in Titanic, he'd probably be desperately searching for relevance with some reality show by now. He was smart to branch out early on and play different types of roles. Other actors should take note.

by Anonymousreply 10December 7, 2022 12:14 AM

The title reminds me of The Flower That Drank the Moon, the fake art film in GHOST WORLD.

by Anonymousreply 11December 7, 2022 12:14 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!