Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Prince Harry was 'persistent' in seeking photo of Lilibet with late Queen, but she REFUSED!

How disgusting. Why wouldn’t she take a photo with her great-granddaughter?

Did she fear it would be used for marketing purposes she had no control over?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80December 9, 2022 11:00 AM

By then she, as well as everyone else in the Court and government, knew the game that the couple were at.

And fuck you, cunt, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1December 6, 2022 10:31 PM

These people are so sad.

by Anonymousreply 2December 6, 2022 10:33 PM

Seem kinda harsh...

But Betty had a lifetime of conditioning to obey the little "Gray Men" who run the BRF

by Anonymousreply 3December 6, 2022 10:34 PM

“Did she fear it would be used for marketing purposes she had no control over?”

Yes.

Just look at what happened recently. They wanted a photo op with Kate (and William) and made her look like a villain in their Netflix commercial.

They’re pulling a LaToya.

by Anonymousreply 4December 6, 2022 10:37 PM

I wonder if they got any candid shots, like with a phone camera.

by Anonymousreply 5December 6, 2022 10:42 PM

Klan Grannie obsessive-compulsive shitpost #23,299,109

by Anonymousreply 6December 6, 2022 10:43 PM

No. Besides the Queen's equerry, none ither than Lady Susan Hussey was kept in the room close by for the brief meeting, to cock block any Sussex nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 7December 6, 2022 10:47 PM

The BRF equerries didn’t want a dark grandchild to show.

by Anonymousreply 8December 6, 2022 10:50 PM

HMTQ knew that he didn't want the photo out of any sentimental love for her but merely in order to use her to make money via featuring it on Netflix / his treacherous book.

Must have been an awful feeling for her to know that while meeting her great grandchild, which should have been a purely happy event.

by Anonymousreply 9December 6, 2022 10:57 PM

R8 what dark child? Both kids are white like a sheet.

by Anonymousreply 10December 6, 2022 11:00 PM

R8 is even too dumb to get the degree of relationship right. Harry's spawn are the late Queen's great-grandchildren, you idiot.

by Anonymousreply 11December 6, 2022 11:02 PM

[quote] none ither than Lady Susan Hussey was kept in the room close by for the brief meeting, to cock block any Sussex nonsense

Pretty interesting in light of the latest developments . . .

by Anonymousreply 12December 6, 2022 11:04 PM

Isn't it just, r12.

With each new detail, it becomes increasingly clear that the Marlene Headley episode was a Sussex set up.

by Anonymousreply 13December 6, 2022 11:16 PM

Liz knew they'd sell any pics to make $$$$. After all, she was the one Harry was constantly calling to give him money. She'd tell him to ask his father and then he'd bitch Charles wouldn't take his calls. When Liz asked Charlie why, his response "because I am not a bank".

Had Charles coughed up $100 million like they wanted, we would have been spared so much of their shit.

by Anonymousreply 14December 6, 2022 11:47 PM

It’s nice to know the queen was still sharp enough to thwart them. The deft excuse and the insistence on the presence of a third party show how well she could still handle matters

by Anonymousreply 15December 7, 2022 12:00 AM

R15 the Old Girl kept that steel-trap mind and awareness to the end. That if nothing else about her is deeply admirable.

by Anonymousreply 16December 7, 2022 12:03 AM

I remember when Tony Blair had his last, somewhat unexpected, child, the Queen Mother almost insisted on being photographed with him, knowing the child could look back at having met a public figure from almost a century before her. But, then, the Queen Mother knew the Blairs wouldn’t trade on the photo.

by Anonymousreply 17December 7, 2022 12:09 AM

Maybe she was actually legitimately pissed off about the name ...

by Anonymousreply 18December 7, 2022 12:18 AM

She would have readily posed with a little "Sha'Nique,", but the name "Lilibet" was just too much for her.

by Anonymousreply 19December 7, 2022 12:23 AM

R19, maybe they should have talked to the bearer of the special nickname before using it... just a thought.

by Anonymousreply 20December 7, 2022 12:24 AM

R3 Elizardbeth gives orders to the other Reptilians . Get your conspiracy theories right.

by Anonymousreply 21December 7, 2022 12:29 AM

I wish somehow the photo could have been taken of the Queen and Lilibet but without giving it to Harry and Meghan. Then the BRF could give Lilibet the picture when she was an adult.

by Anonymousreply 22December 7, 2022 12:32 AM

There’s a stinkfish purveyor at R21.

by Anonymousreply 23December 7, 2022 12:45 AM

The BRF are leaking stories to try and get ahead of the documentary. Word in uk tabloid backrooms is Kate should be panicking. Also Piers and 3 youtubers who feature as well as their liason within uk tabloid staff. It allegedly shows proof of collusion. As well as corrupt officials. Uk tabloids have been put on standby.

by Anonymousreply 24December 7, 2022 12:47 AM

Whatever the rights and wrongs the Royal family will win.

The Harkles are incredibly naive to believe otherwise, even Diana was losing ground against them before her death.

by Anonymousreply 25December 7, 2022 12:56 AM

[quote]Whatever the rights and wrongs the Royal family will win.

Admit it, you were masturbating when you wrote that.

by Anonymousreply 26December 7, 2022 12:58 AM

If Charles doesn't last long, then it will be William and Catherine that they will have to plead with for pictures. That will be so sweet.

by Anonymousreply 27December 7, 2022 1:00 AM

[quote]Besides the Queen's equerry, none other than Lady Susan Hussey was kept in the room close by for the brief meeting, to cock block any Sussex nonsense.

Just having "the Queen's equerry" and "cock" in the same sentence made this thread worthwhile.

by Anonymousreply 28December 7, 2022 1:10 AM

r24, Sussex stinkfish, you've never been near a tabloid "back room" in your life, and you never will be.

Kate has zero to worry about no matter what lies your lying idols tell. As ever, she is going to come out of this smelling of roses while the Harkles continue to cover themselves with shit of the kind that can never truly be washed off.

by Anonymousreply 29December 7, 2022 1:10 AM

Too bad Kate's husband has to get his satisfaction elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 30December 7, 2022 1:16 AM

Between the long time she took to make a public response about Diana's death and the refusal to have her picture taken with her great-granddaughter, this cold bitch deserves to rot in hell.

by Anonymousreply 31December 7, 2022 1:17 AM

Interesting that the soon to be fired Lady Susan was the one the queen asked to remain as a witness to the meeting with H&M.

by Anonymousreply 32December 7, 2022 1:20 AM

That is just nasty.

Harry was the Queen's grandson. She would never refuse to have her picture taken with his daughter.

He and his wife may have their faults (and I believe they're grifters), but the title of this thread is a made-up story and is just plain nasty.

by Anonymousreply 33December 7, 2022 1:20 AM

I believe a casual family photo of the late queen with Archie and Lilibet was taken, but by a royal aide holding the iPhone (and with it the copyright).

by Anonymousreply 34December 7, 2022 1:35 AM

It’s almost as if the Queen knew that there was a grifting cunt attempting to use her grandchild & great-grandchild to grift her.

by Anonymousreply 35December 7, 2022 2:45 AM

Honestly, what fucking crust! They excoriate his family on an international broadcast…while his grandfather was dying…and expect this!

They creepily name the kid after the Queen’s private nickname and repeatedly try to shake her down for money. Good for the queen for refusing the request.

by Anonymousreply 36December 7, 2022 2:48 AM

R4, what's a LaToya? Thanks

by Anonymousreply 37December 7, 2022 5:21 AM

I thought Meghan was a Proud Black Woman. Why didn't she give her children Proud Black Names?

by Anonymousreply 38December 7, 2022 5:24 AM

Why don't you fuck yourself? With a huge black dildo.

by Anonymousreply 39December 7, 2022 5:39 AM

R33. She wasn’t his grandmother any longer. She was his profit opportunity and she knew it. The Queen’s. behaviour deserves nothing but admiration. Many families stop speaking to their children for less than what those two did.

by Anonymousreply 40December 7, 2022 6:10 AM

R24

The BRF have nothing to panic about. This docuseries isn't going to change anyone's opinion. Its been four years. Everyone has made up their mind. And H&M can't say whatever they want about the BRF because they'd get sued, so it'll just be more cryptic suggestions and innuendo that'll keep the drama alive and people guessing, but nothing solid and tangible. It's the same thing. Again.

I was actually really excited about this show but now I'm burnt out. It's same old, same old. Nothing will change. There isn't a moment of closure for this rift, it'll only end through a slow descent of eventual disinterest from the public as the Wales kids get older and new celebrities create drama.

by Anonymousreply 41December 7, 2022 6:30 AM

The tolerance of the Royal Family for Harry and Meghan is astonishing. My father and mother would have told me to fuck off years before if I had tried to blackmail them into giving me money and trashed them to filth to everyone they knew. I'm not sure if Charles deeply loves his son no matter what he does or is intolerably stupid. I lean towards the latter.

by Anonymousreply 42December 7, 2022 6:31 AM

Any more info about Harry asking QE2 for money? Hadn’t heard that before.

by Anonymousreply 43December 7, 2022 6:31 AM

Obviously no one can verify it but it would be quite surprising if they didn’t have money worries.

by Anonymousreply 44December 7, 2022 7:01 AM

The US visit solidified that W&K will be fine and, for me at least, snuffed out most of my interest in this drama. The reception of the PPoW was exactly what you'd expect for royals, proving that a large group of Americans will always be fascinated with the fairytale of the BRF. Meghan and Harry can have their celebrity functions and friends because it really is two different worlds.

by Anonymousreply 45December 7, 2022 7:06 AM

She didn't want to be photographed with the downfall of her pure bloodline. No darkies for the Queen of Whiteness.

by Anonymousreply 46December 7, 2022 7:11 AM

T46. You’ve posted this idiocy several times. Give it up.

1). Even the hardest core racist would have trouble realising the child had African ancestry.

2). Even if the Queen were a raging bigot, she would realise the child is irrelevant to the dynasty thanks to the low positon of Harry and his children in the line of succession. Harry’s marriage to Meghan isn’t going to put a king or queen of African descent on the throne.

There’s no evidence that the queen was a bigot or mind bogglingly stupid.

by Anonymousreply 47December 7, 2022 7:19 AM

r43 it was broken by the Sun last week

by Anonymousreply 48December 7, 2022 7:43 AM

The Queen was sick and dying and 96 years old! She needed to rest! He could've shown up before she was languishing?? Am I wrong?

by Anonymousreply 49December 7, 2022 7:46 AM

She was photographed in the not greatest shape with the last PM of her reign. She was not going to give her worthless shit for a grandson and his grifting wife the opportunity to exploit her for more filthy sources of income. They have a very high standard of living to maintain while profiting greatly from their various charities and their endless hectoring of a monarchy which has supplied them with enough fuel and resources to live lavishly and in very self-congratulatory hypocritical comfort.

by Anonymousreply 50December 7, 2022 11:22 AM

[quote]But reports have suggested this request was denied by the Queen as she had had a bloodshot eye at the time.

Clearly, none of you retards bothered to read the entire article.

by Anonymousreply 51December 7, 2022 1:38 PM

I shall be the African Queen.

by Anonymousreply 52December 7, 2022 3:06 PM

That was her excuse. She clearly could have had a picture with them from the side with the good eye if she really wanted one.

R51 is the naive retard. Of course unless both eyes were bloodshot from going on an all-night bender.

by Anonymousreply 53December 7, 2022 7:37 PM

r51 She had a very visibly bloodshot eye in her picture with Boris Johnson and with Liz Truss on the PM handover day and that didn't stop her from being visibly photographed with it.

I won't bother to link because it's too much of a pain in the ass to link pictures on here now that the DM and twitter are both partially banned. But go and look.

The last public photo ever taken of her shows her smiling with a visibly bloodshot eye. She wasn't shy of being seen with it on important occasions.

In other words, she denied Harry his money shot, in full knowledge that it was just that: a money shot.

by Anonymousreply 54December 7, 2022 8:12 PM

If Harry really attacks the royals in his reality TV show and book, I'm thinking he may wind up in big trouble with the State Dept. His immigration status here has to be more than loopy: being married to a US citizen does not give right of abode. He's probably here on a diplomatic passport, avoiding paying taxes, etc. Now if he continues to antagonize the royals and Charles who is Head of State of our closest ally, I'm presuming he'll get his ginger ass kicked out. I think Biden meeting with William should have been a clear symbol to Harry that he's a nobody as far as the US government is concerned.

Maybe Meghan will enjoy being an A list celebrity in Botswana.

by Anonymousreply 55December 7, 2022 8:38 PM

Are Oprah and Serena still her best friends or have those relationships cooled?

by Anonymousreply 56December 7, 2022 8:42 PM

We'll find out when we see if they are in the documentary, r56.

by Anonymousreply 57December 7, 2022 8:54 PM

r55, The US has special visas for famous people of any stripe, so he's not necessarily on a diplomatic visa.

Anyway the UK certainly doesn't want him back, so my guess is that the Foreign Office will happily pull whatever diplomatic strings necessary to help keep him in California.

His visa situation is in no danger whatsoever - for which I am sure the BRF is very grateful.

by Anonymousreply 58December 7, 2022 9:07 PM

There are meant to be family members interviewed in documentary. Apart from Doria and Eugenie, who could they call on for that?

by Anonymousreply 59December 7, 2022 11:04 PM

Just in from the DM. People who are confirmed will not be participating:

"Like a father" - David Foster

Elton John & David Furnish

The British Editor of Vogue who gave Meghan the cover and who recently complimented the PoW as "definition of dignified elegance".

Oprah - who is said to have felt this matter is a family issue to be resolved amongst them

The Obamas

Interestingly it is said Omid Scobie is also confirmed to not be participating

None of the Royals including Princess Eugnie who is said to be closest to the couple and Fergie, who might have, but has just been invited back to Sandringham Christmas after 20-something years

The only wild card is Doria, but she is not 100% confirmed

by Anonymousreply 60December 8, 2022 12:22 AM

They've got Bouzy the fake 'bot detector' who doxxes people on Twitter. Charming.

by Anonymousreply 61December 8, 2022 12:28 AM

I'm so glad Bouzy made the mistake of going on this show. Journalists had been politely avoiding investigating him and his network of human and computerised bots, but I suspect they'll become more interested in his very "mysterious" backstory from now on.

by Anonymousreply 62December 8, 2022 12:31 AM

Why would the Obamas appear in this shitshow in the first place?

And of course Covid Scabies, or whatever that moron's name is, won't appear. He's just Meghan's desperate mouthpiece. She wouldn't spit on him if his plastic face were on fire.

by Anonymousreply 63December 8, 2022 11:54 AM

I just read Meghan is close to Samantha's daughter. Yet still screwed her out of a royal wedding invitation because it fucking wouldn't look good!

Fuck you Aunt Meghan!

by Anonymousreply 64December 8, 2022 12:17 PM

But the niece (Samantha's daughter) claims in the Netflix show that she was "banned" by BP from attending the wedding! Because of her proximity to her mother. Uh, what? BP didn't interfere in that guest list, that was all Harry and MEGHAN's doing.

Sorry dear, but Auntie Meghan was too busy inviting the likes of the Clooneys, Oprah, and Serena Williams to be bothered to find you a seat. She also didn't want you there because of the reminder of your mom, Samantha, in public. Tough toots I guess.

by Anonymousreply 65December 8, 2022 3:10 PM

And she also didn't want you there because you're POOR!

by Anonymousreply 66December 8, 2022 3:41 PM

[quote]It’s almost as if the Queen knew that there was a grifting cunt attempting to use her grandchild & great-grandchild to grift her.

They didn't trade on the photo they have of the Queen with Archie, and they released the first photos of Lilibet for free, so I fail to see the alleged logic behind the continuous claims that they just wanted a photo with the Queen so they could sell it.

by Anonymousreply 67December 8, 2022 3:55 PM

[quote]But the niece (Samantha's daughter) claims in the Netflix show that she was "banned" by BP from attending the wedding! Because of her proximity to her mother. Uh, what?

So, the documentary was too difficult for you to understand?

The Palace told them that they wouldn't be able to explain why Ashleigh was there but her mother wasn't, so it was recommended that Ashleigh not attend.

Ashleigh herself confirmed this but I'm sure you guys have some crazy conspiracy theory about how Ashleigh, an immigration attorney, was bribed into doing this or something.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68December 8, 2022 4:09 PM

Well they certainly weren't worried about people talking about the fact that nobody from Meghan's side of the family apart from her mother was there so why would they care if this kid was there and not her mother?

Face it that it was another shitty move on Meghan's part. She doesn't want people to see poor relations. A bride invites who she fucking wants. That's why they're called bridezillas.

by Anonymousreply 69December 8, 2022 4:21 PM

So why then did the Queen want no pictures of her and Lilibet? You don't find that in the least bit curious? Jeez people are dumb.

by Anonymousreply 70December 8, 2022 4:27 PM

The Queen allegedly got a photo of her and Lilibet together - but it was a PRIVATE photo, snapped by a colleague who was present, on their iPhone. Smart move! She got her personal photo with her namesake great-grandkid, but got to keep it PRIVATE.

by Anonymousreply 71December 8, 2022 7:48 PM

r68: what part did YOU not understand? The "Palace" didn't tell them ANYTHING. The "Palace" didn't interfere with their personal guest list or family invitations. Unless they were inviting A third world dictator, they got to invite who they wanted. There was no 'recommendation' from BP re Ashleigh or any other distant Markle relation; in fact, if you believe the rumors at the time, Charles and BP were deeply concerned about the optics of not having the bride's father and family present at such a public wedding. But they went along with what H&M wanted - it was THEIR wedding.

This was all down to Meghan, and also to Harry. They made the decisions about who came and who didn't. Meghan was upset about the situation with her Dad, and embarrassed by her sister and half-brother (which I don't blame her for), and decided to cut our her paternal relatives. That included Ashleigh, unfortunately.

Ashleigh didn't lie in the documentary, but repeated the disingenuous excuses that Meghan fed her at the time. She probably knew better, but its Netflix and a lot of $$ on the line for her aunt.

by Anonymousreply 72December 8, 2022 7:54 PM

I find Dan Wootton insufferable at times, much like his pal and colleague Piers Morgan. But damn if he isn't spot on in his assessment of Meg's treatment of her father, and her continued surgical removal of him from her life in the series....I wouldn't agree with calling Tom Markle "delightful", but the rest is truth:

"But most painful is Netflix being used to justify Meghan cutting all contact with her delightful father Thomas, despite admitting earlier in the show: 'I was a daddy's girl my whole life and I was with him a lot.'

It's left for Harry to callously declare: 'She had a father before this. And now she doesn't have a father. And I shouldered that, because if Meg wasn't with me, then her dad would still be her dad.'

Excuse me Harry, Meghan very much does still have a father – a father who lives a few hours from you in a humble Mexican village where he continues to recover from a stroke that nearly ended his life earlier this year.

The crime which has got him forever banished for good? Setting up a few paparazzi pictures, something Meghan has seemingly done herself in the past.

My conclusion from this unpalatable and ugly affair is that entering the world of Harry and Meghan is like joining some sort of woke cult."

by Anonymousreply 73December 8, 2022 8:00 PM

This is one of those relationships where they turn to each other to affirm the worst in themselves. Very sad that Meghan no longer has a relationship with her father, even sadder when she used to speak of how close they were. A healthy loving husband would not encourage icing out a family member for a stupid screw up.

by Anonymousreply 74December 8, 2022 8:37 PM

So Harry is Meghan's substitute father, and Meghan is Harry's substitute mother. That is one messed up relationship.

by Anonymousreply 75December 8, 2022 10:52 PM

I share Harry's anger and disgust at the hierarchy he was born into. It's an outrage he isn't treated as the equal of every other Briton.

by Anonymousreply 76December 9, 2022 4:35 AM

R74, Meaghan is quite capable of icing her father without any encouragement from Harry. That's on her. I would never marry someone with such dodgy family relationships - that's on him.

by Anonymousreply 77December 9, 2022 6:13 AM

Their meanness just doesn't stop once they're revealed?

by Anonymousreply 78December 9, 2022 6:28 AM

[quote] The Palace told them that they wouldn't be able to explain why Ashleigh was there but her mother wasn't, so it was recommended that Ashleigh not attend.

I don't believe this. The whole Royal family was said to be "baffled" as to why Meghan would not invite her own father and family to her wedding. Despite everything, they believe in family. I believe the Queen pleaded with her to make up with her family if only to stop the embarrassing press.

by Anonymousreply 79December 9, 2022 6:34 AM

[QUOTE]The BRF are leaking stories to try and get ahead of the documentary. Word in uk tabloid backrooms is Kate should be panicking

This sounds like insane Harkles manufactured bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 80December 9, 2022 11:00 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!