Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tasteful Friends - Consider This $2M Kansas Manse Built for an Osmond-sized Family

Parts of the property are tastefully done, but I can't get past the signs that they clearly have a brood of positively Farrow-esque proportions. And what do you think of the use of turquoise as an accent color in all spaces? Artful or overdone?

Given the clues, it's possible this property is/was owned by an athlete from Kansas City's professional soccer team.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27December 7, 2022 11:43 AM

I want to light every single piece of cabinetry in that house on fire.

by Anonymousreply 1December 6, 2022 3:53 PM

All that dead grass landscaping is beautiful!

by Anonymousreply 2December 6, 2022 4:19 PM

$2 million for a house in Kansas?!! What am I missing? Is it on 10 billion acres of farm land?

by Anonymousreply 3December 6, 2022 4:29 PM

Obviously these owners need to read how upgrade their lives by getting rid of all color and clearing the counters.

by Anonymousreply 4December 6, 2022 4:29 PM

[quote]Given the clues, it's possible this property is/was owned by an athlete from Kansas City's professional soccer team.

That explains a sign in one of the rooms that says "Manhappiness." The words above it are apparently "Kansas State" (and I assume "Manhappiness" is the presumably inaccurate nickname for Manhattan), making it a sports sign. I was baffled for a second.

The best sign in the house is the one that says "FAMILY" above the terlet.

by Anonymousreply 5December 6, 2022 4:40 PM

Hideous. There are no redeeming qualities other than that it is a continent and a half distant from me.

by Anonymousreply 6December 6, 2022 4:46 PM

The turquoise is the least of its problems

I see barn doors, multiple, word art, and shiplap on the ceilings. And acres of griege which I have to say the turquoise gives the eye relief from. And its a tacky McMansion

R6 is right, although its not as hideous as some other houses I've seen on here

by Anonymousreply 7December 6, 2022 5:12 PM

Yes, R1, that awful pickled, gray, barnwood is what I call Gulag Chic. My brother sent me photos of it and I said it looks the cum shot of a guy who could only reach orgasm by setting himself on fire. I saved the day and they went with a beautiful warm oak finish instead.

by Anonymousreply 8December 6, 2022 5:32 PM

What's in all those storage cabinets, I wonder. Guns? Doomsday supplies? Chainsaw-mounted dildos?

by Anonymousreply 9December 6, 2022 5:35 PM

Every styling cliche from HGTV all in one BIG bundled mess of a house, but I think the thing that bothers me the most is that you can see every tacky square foot of it right from the front door

by Anonymousreply 10December 6, 2022 5:41 PM

Revolting. Uninspiring mess.

by Anonymousreply 11December 6, 2022 5:42 PM

Are they allergic to grass?

by Anonymousreply 12December 6, 2022 5:55 PM

The owner is somehow involved in the Kansas City professional soccer team, KC Sporting. One of the kid's bedrooms is decorated with KC Sporting colors and emblems (pic 47), and the gym (pic 93) has a number of Major League Soccer scarves displayed.

by Anonymousreply 13December 6, 2022 6:05 PM

If I did Kansas, it would be Johnson county or Lawrence. Anything else is literal violence!

by Anonymousreply 14December 6, 2022 6:16 PM

R14 Spring Hill is just across the county line from Johnson County. You get all the same access to Costco, but with half the taxes and none of the Schvartzes or Democrats!

by Anonymousreply 15December 6, 2022 6:21 PM

Why is there a grand staircase to..... a suite of dormered shitty rooms under the roof.

by Anonymousreply 16December 6, 2022 6:46 PM

I mean, I guess the yellow-striped grass is a different look…

by Anonymousreply 17December 6, 2022 7:21 PM

I guess these folks’ religion forbids window treatments.

by Anonymousreply 18December 6, 2022 7:37 PM

It's huge but somehow manages to look cramped and cluttered.

by Anonymousreply 19December 6, 2022 7:40 PM

Other than the kitchen appliances, everything else should be lit on fire.

by Anonymousreply 20December 6, 2022 9:16 PM

So many questions:

1. How many Mormon families lived here?

2. How can you still sell a house with a swimming pool AND diving board?

by Anonymousreply 21December 6, 2022 10:07 PM

Everything about it looks so unpleasant. No warmth, no coziness (forget about whimsy). And I can't see how that can be changed with that particular ghastly open floor concept.

by Anonymousreply 22December 7, 2022 7:55 AM

The gap between the scale of the house and its quality is breathtaking. The siding even looks like vinyl and none of the furniture or cabinetry would look out of place in a motel.

by Anonymousreply 23December 7, 2022 8:00 AM

It seems to have been boulot in a wooded area but all trees near the house have been obliterated for some reason. I guess to show off the lovely landscaping.

by Anonymousreply 24December 7, 2022 8:03 AM

I'm embarrassed by the interior.

by Anonymousreply 25December 7, 2022 11:33 AM

You could buy that place in Aberdeenshire Scotland for less and have a truly great house.

by Anonymousreply 26December 7, 2022 11:40 AM

Depressing. It's a hodgepodge of styles with too much gray.

by Anonymousreply 27December 7, 2022 11:43 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!