Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Amber Heard files appeal, refuses to pay Johnny Depp

How will that turn out?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38December 21, 2022 9:44 PM

An article from two years ago in which Amber complains about cleaning Johnny's ass after benders.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1December 6, 2022 9:32 AM

can you imagine her reaction if it was the other way around?

by Anonymousreply 2December 6, 2022 9:33 AM

Hey, why not appeal? Johnny bought up bots slamming her all over social media which the non-sequestered jury ate up with a spoon. The trial was a joke.

by Anonymousreply 3December 6, 2022 9:36 AM

All this railing against 'powerful men'! Does she have any money, or is another 'powerful man' funding this for her?

I wish they'd both fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 4December 6, 2022 9:38 AM

The judge wouldn't let her submit relevant medical evidence. The courtroom had Johnny stans planted as observers. The jury wasn't sequestered, and bots were posting lies on social media (including faked docs) and making entire videos of manipulated courtroom footage to "prove" Amber was lying.

Let's not forget the juror who lied about who they were to get a seat on the case.

by Anonymousreply 5December 6, 2022 9:42 AM

Her lawyers using the UK trial again is fucking stupid. They should really stop doing that. Amber was never on trial there.

by Anonymousreply 6December 6, 2022 9:44 AM

I hope Johnny wins again on appeal, which I would expect.

by Anonymousreply 7December 6, 2022 9:45 AM

Amber wil FAIL again.

by Anonymousreply 8December 6, 2022 9:46 AM

[quote] “The resulting jury verdict against Heard on all of Depp’s claims cannot be reconciled with the jury verdict against Depp on Heard’s counterclaim,” said Heard’s appeal from just before Thanksgiving. To find in favor of Depp, the jury must have concluded that Depp did not abuse Heard and that Heard knowingly lied in accusing him of abuse,” the dense document says. “But, to find in favor of Heard, the jury must have concluded that Heard told the truth about being a victim of domestic abuse by Depp. Accordingly, the verdict against Heard cannot stand.”

Also this is wrong. The judgment against Depp was actually against his old lawyer talking about how Heard and friends staged evidence for the police. Had nothing to do with Depp or him abusing Heard.

Anyway, she won't win since her arguments are dumb.

by Anonymousreply 9December 6, 2022 9:50 AM

[quote]she won't win since her arguments are dumb

The legal minds of Datalounge, ladies and gentlemen!

by Anonymousreply 10December 6, 2022 9:52 AM

Neither come off as winners, and both are intent on a "scorched earth" solution.

For me, it has lost its entertainment appeal a long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 11December 6, 2022 10:11 AM

Even if she loses the appeal, could she file a different lawsuit against Johnny for publicly humiliating and smearing her with his paid bot team on social media?

by Anonymousreply 12December 6, 2022 10:12 AM

Depp Truther Dead: The grandma who started the petition to have Amber fired from AquaMan fell into a diabetic coma and is now having a Pirates marathon at that great multiplex in the sky.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13December 7, 2022 3:03 AM

Amusing, I had her blocked on Twitter, r13. I generally don't block unless the account in question is being obnoxious while always showing up in search results. She spent a lot of time yelling at people. What a waste of a life.

by Anonymousreply 14December 7, 2022 3:15 AM

This isn’t going to help her in the court of public opinion. She’s already a loser there.

by Anonymousreply 15December 7, 2022 5:25 AM

There's little reason for her to refuse to pay him. She can't pay him. She doesn't have that kind of money.

by Anonymousreply 16December 7, 2022 11:05 AM

They were both as equally as bad as each other. The trial was entertaining, but the continued Depp Vs Heard war is boring now. The Depp supporters are psychotic and used the Depp trial to post misogynistic bile about women on Twitter and YouTube. Many of them, when I checked, had called for Depp to be arrested when he cracked a joke about Trump. So they're not all Depp fans. Tbh, I'm more interested in Marilyn Manson being taken to court, but I think that's not going ahead now.

by Anonymousreply 17December 7, 2022 6:03 PM

She settled.

R10 I'm gonna sue you for doubting my legal mind R9

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18December 19, 2022 3:40 PM

[quote]They were both as equally as bad as each other.

No matter how many times you say this, it still isn't true.

by Anonymousreply 19December 19, 2022 3:48 PM

She settled and is allowed to talk about it and admitted zero guilt. This is a significant win for her, as it should be.

by Anonymousreply 20December 19, 2022 4:03 PM

She just dropped the appeal. The judgement still stands.

by Anonymousreply 21December 19, 2022 4:12 PM

I.e. Depp graciously agreed not to destroy her by taking every red cent she has, which is the direction this was heading.

by Anonymousreply 22December 19, 2022 4:42 PM

I'm disappointed that this mess has been used as a soapbox for anybody. They're both sick and deranged and deserve eachother. Let psychos torment eachother and be thankful you're not part of it.

by Anonymousreply 23December 19, 2022 4:46 PM

She's still being sued by her insurance.

by Anonymousreply 24December 19, 2022 4:59 PM

Da dyke whore got her "secret DNA baby daddy" to pay off Depp!!

U think Da dyke whore was fucking twitter because he is soooo nice?-

by Anonymousreply 25December 19, 2022 5:01 PM

One of her insurance companies is paying.

by Anonymousreply 26December 19, 2022 5:05 PM

If she's called the whole thing off (and actually Depp was the one who agreed to this, Amber herself was about to plunge off the cliff into abject, eternal poverty), the rift with the ins. co(s) will be straightened out as well. Amber here got *very* lucky this time. AND she's still out there "stating her truth"...stupid bitch.

by Anonymousreply 27December 19, 2022 5:08 PM

Her appeals attorneys were pathetic. The H&R Block of the law field. No wonder she settled.

by Anonymousreply 28December 19, 2022 5:22 PM

Hopefully she can now pay the Children's Hospital.

by Anonymousreply 29December 19, 2022 7:01 PM

The way she STILL paints herself as THE victim and the one who oh so bravely battled against an unfair system that vilified her just because she’s a self-labelled “survivor” is some fucking bullshit. Anyone who watched her actual testimony as it happened, live and unedited saw exactly what she is. She’s nothing but an abusive liar and a TERRIBLE actress as her performance on the stand proved.

by Anonymousreply 30December 19, 2022 7:14 PM

Only it is true, R19. They both cheated on each other. Depp also cheated on Vanessa with Heard. They both verbally abused each other. They both sent abusive texts to third parties in which they wished death and violence on each other. They were both violent to each other. Neither party was innocent and both parties were caught out lying in the trial. Oh, and they both edited evidence. The audios Depp supplied had been edited and the pictures Heard supplied had been edited. Yet, he's made out to be a victim when they're both guilty as sin.

by Anonymousreply 31December 21, 2022 5:40 PM

The best thing Johnny and Amber could do for themselves is stop this NOW. Never ever mention anything regarding this case again and their careers might actually recover. Depp has a lot of connections and Heard is still beautiful. But I don't think they understand how unsympathetic the average person is with the way this is dragging on. They think everyone is either a sanctimonious Amber defender found in the mainstream media or a " Johnny is a victimized little boy" twitter poster. The average person sees right through both of them.

by Anonymousreply 32December 21, 2022 5:53 PM

She is a cunt, but to be fair, Depp is also disgusting pig person and no doubt an abusive narcissist himself. A lot of people called her and her family out for "grifting" but I don't necessarily believe that's what was going on. They met each other when she was quite young and it seems clear to me that he love-bombed her hard. I don't believe that she or her family were intentionally "preying" on poor little didn't-know-better benevolent Johnny like his supporters claim. It always seemed to me that Depp was consciously playing Daddy Warbucks with her and her family, because it put him in a position of high control. Even if it was sleazy of them to take it, it was a way for him to power trip and manipulate her. Could she have left? Sure. But toxic relationships like this are emotionally complicated and never that simple. I really don't like her, but in some ways I feel worse for her than I do for him in this entire situation.

by Anonymousreply 33December 21, 2022 6:13 PM

She was a whore, darlin'.

by Anonymousreply 34December 21, 2022 6:34 PM

Amber "Pledge/Donate" Heard was outted as a liar and grifter. She never loved Johnny any more than Elon, who she called a placeholder.

Fortunately, she'll fade into obscurity because she won't get hired for anything now.

by Anonymousreply 35December 21, 2022 8:22 PM

R35 Back when The Lone Ranger came out, Johnny pledged he'd buy land back for Native Americans. He didn't do it, and they complained publicly.

by Anonymousreply 36December 21, 2022 9:36 PM

I read yesterday that Amber settled with Johnny. She agreed to pay $1M, which he would donate to charity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37December 21, 2022 9:38 PM

This will end like Duel in the Sun.

by Anonymousreply 38December 21, 2022 9:44 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!