Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Guess what didn't happen...

You'll never guess.

At least some of you wouldn't.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52February 6, 2023 7:28 PM

Congratulations to everyone who didn't believe that the christofascist Proud Boys had "shot up" a power station in rural Moore County, North Carolina in an effort to stop a drag performance for children.

Something violent happened at the power station and the power is out, but that's all anybody knows right now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1December 5, 2022 12:24 AM

If I had to guess... let's see... looking at the evidence here...

1. Given that the main group responsible for random acts of terrorism directed at public utilities in the U.S. are anarchist activists... and

2. Anarchist activists immediately coordinated after the attack to spread an implausible rumor that their political opposition was responsible for the attacks...

...I think the people responsible for the attack are anarchist activists who have easily demonstrated ties to the activists who originated the drag show rumor on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 2December 5, 2022 12:27 AM

Uh... lots of stuff did not happen.

by Anonymousreply 3December 5, 2022 12:30 AM

Who knows, but there really are people in the right-wing lunatic fringe who are crazy and violent enough to actually shoot up a power station "... to protect the children" from a harmless drag show.

And each and every one of them has a secret stash of sexy women's underwear in size Men's XXL, which their own children have found.

by Anonymousreply 4December 5, 2022 12:55 AM

I thought you had results from that shit I smeared on a stick and mailed to some gastroenterologist.

You’re the internet wizard, Fucko; do I have ass cancer?

by Anonymousreply 5December 5, 2022 1:44 AM

Somebody did indeed shoot at two separate power stations.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6December 5, 2022 4:06 AM

^They will end up finding a connection, mark my words.

by Anonymousreply 7December 5, 2022 4:07 AM

Well, if Andy Ngo says it, then I'm going to believe the exact opposite.

by Anonymousreply 8December 5, 2022 4:44 AM

[quote] 2. Anarchist activists immediately coordinated after the attack to spread an implausible rumor that their political opposition was responsible for the attacks...

R2, one of the very first comments about the attack was actually by a woman who organized anti-mask and anti-vaccine protests and subsequently led over a 100 people to DC for 1/6.

Her post said, “The lights are out in Moore County and I know why.” She has been, by her own account, already been visited by the sheriff at least once concerning this domestic terrorist attack.

by Anonymousreply 9December 5, 2022 5:00 AM

OP has posted at least 25 times on multiple threads that this story is fake, he's very upset that people are talking about it.

He's also in the "driving factory" [sic] thread calling all drag queens pedos.

OP needs to swallow some batteries.

by Anonymousreply 10December 5, 2022 5:09 AM

Shitposting is all that thing does.

by Anonymousreply 11December 5, 2022 5:11 AM

And R2 I can guarantee you that the sheriff of Moore County (thirty-year LEO, former chairman of the Moore County Republican Party, open supporter of Trump in 2016 and 2020) is not taking his investigative leads from Charlotte Clymer or and other “anarchist activists.”

by Anonymousreply 12December 5, 2022 5:12 AM

R9 is right.

There were power stations and substations shot at deliberately so the power would go out. They were shot by different groups, the best we can tell, because they were done at about the same time.

The local far-right militia lady Emily Grace, known to have been involved in January 6th coup attempt, immediately posted that she knew why the power was out, minutes later posted a photo of the drag show building with its power out and gloated about that, and had previously posted the flyer about the drag show, saying it should be stopped.

In comments, Emily also said to someone that it was fine that the power being out might kill people because innocents will go to heaven so that's not a problem for her.

The police visited Emily that night to question her about what she knew, and she apparently went into a lengthy screed about God protecting children by making the power go out.

These are all established facts. Could some drunken rednecks have shot up a couple of power stations for the lulz and she just decided to lie about what happened? Possibly, but you'd have to explain to me how drunken rednecks managed to coordinate shooting multiple power stations at once.

by Anonymousreply 13December 5, 2022 5:13 AM

Yeah, I'm gonna guess that some of the local constabulary were actively involved in this.

by Anonymousreply 14December 5, 2022 5:14 AM

Were they in drag?

by Anonymousreply 15December 5, 2022 5:15 AM

R13, the fact the she was able to lay hands on a picture of the drag venue so quickly after the lights went out tells me that they had someone stationed there so the attackers would know when the operation had succeeded in cutting power to downtown Southern Pines or if they needed to shoot out other substations.

by Anonymousreply 16December 5, 2022 5:22 AM

Meghan & Harry were definitely a part of this.

by Anonymousreply 17December 5, 2022 5:25 AM

That quisling Andy Ngo is such an embarrassment.

by Anonymousreply 18December 5, 2022 5:26 AM

Absolutely, r16. I also think that the gun/pawn shop being looted so soon after the power went out is an indicator that a lot of people had advanced warning about this.

by Anonymousreply 19December 5, 2022 5:26 AM

R19, there was no looting at any stores. One woman was detained at the Walmart in Aberdeen but charges haven’t been filed.

by Anonymousreply 20December 5, 2022 5:38 AM

There have been reports that a single gun/pawn shop and also a Walmart had incidents where people were taking advantage of the power outages. WRAL and other news have reported the Walmart incident, and this local who seems to have a lot of info has also said it's been reported.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21December 5, 2022 6:11 AM

Chicken butt?

by Anonymousreply 22December 5, 2022 6:20 AM

R21, I’m going by the statements of the Moore County Sheriff. I really don’t think some random guy on Twitter who says they heard something is a basis for saying gun shops were looted.

The Sheriff said that he had deputies at several gun shops making sure nothing happened but any reports of break-ins are conspicuous only by their absence.

by Anonymousreply 23December 5, 2022 11:50 AM

[quote]Given that the main group responsible for random acts of terrorism directed at public utilities in the U.S. are anarchist activists...

In a thread about asserting fiction as fact. Ironyproof. Go to bed, Mattfatso, you’re drunk.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24December 5, 2022 12:06 PM

Tony, I get that you work really hard on your confrontational better-than-you persona and it's really important to you, but you should actually look stuff up first sometimes.

From the local paper:

[quote]10:30 p.m. Saturday:

[quote]Heavy police presence was around several gun shops and Wal-Mart in Aberdeen around 10:30 p.m. after reports of looting. One woman was detained in front Wal-Mart and police were conducting a headcount of employees outside of the store.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25December 5, 2022 12:14 PM

Two things happened. In Ohio, we saw armed militia guys parading and harrassing people because of Drag queen story time at the library. But in Moore County North Carolina, we saw domestic terrorism. Taking out the power grid is a huge deal. WTF is the FBI? Where is the urgency? They need to pretend it was BLM who did this. Man they would have been locked up by now.

by Anonymousreply 26December 5, 2022 12:42 PM

R25, I live in the area and all of the local news outlets across all platforms are desperate for more angles to cover. If there was confirmed looting, 36 hours now after it was supposed to have happened, it would have been covered complete with interviews with the shop owner. That hasn’t happened. Two hours after the attack rumors were flying on Twitter and Facebook. The Pilot, the paper you quote from, mentioned these as “reports”. Reports that did not turn out to be true.

by Anonymousreply 27December 5, 2022 1:12 PM

[quote]I’m going by the statements of the Moore County Sheriff

Just post the damn link to the sheriff saying there hasn't been any looting, Tony.

by Anonymousreply 28December 5, 2022 1:19 PM

Good news, r26, the FBI has joined in the investigation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29December 5, 2022 1:31 PM

Another attack this morning.....

by Anonymousreply 30December 5, 2022 1:31 PM

What the fuck is r30 talking about? Anyone know?

by Anonymousreply 31December 5, 2022 1:34 PM

R28, at 21:15 the Sheriff talks about “the only incident we had”, at a Walmart in Aberdeen, in which one person snuck into the closed store.

While I don’t understand why I need to carry the burden of proving a negative, I have a feeling if one attempted theft at a WalMart merited discussion, the looting of a gun shop would have also been mentioned during the first and only press conference held by the Sheriff.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32December 5, 2022 1:59 PM

The truth will come out, whatever it is. No need for me to get outraged before I know the fact. But it is concerning that it's so easy to do this.

by Anonymousreply 33December 5, 2022 2:06 PM

As of midnight, NBC was saying they still didn't have confirmation of whether looting had happened or not.

The sheriff said in your video r32 that Walmart was the only call they answered in Aberdeen, but I don't know if that means that was the only theft call they had at all. There's more than one town in Moore County, and maybe he wouldn't bother saying "Yeah Jed Dumbasserton broke into Karl's Gun 'n' Frisbee in Pinebluff and helped himself to some ammo."

The difference here is that I was speculating and I provided links to the information I had, while you whined, insulted, moved goalposts, and demanded everyone just believe you because you said so.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34December 5, 2022 2:19 PM

The cops are in on it

by Anonymousreply 35December 5, 2022 2:33 PM

R35 is right. Apparently the Monroe County sheriff went to the home of a suspect and P?RAYED with him... no fingerprints, no searching for a weapon or checking for GSR.

by Anonymousreply 36December 5, 2022 3:20 PM

Sheriff Ronnie Fields with terrorist Emily Rainey back in 2020:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37December 5, 2022 3:25 PM

I assume it's Emily he prayed with, I didn't watch the entire press conference. Her Facebook post seems to imply that it could have been her.

by Anonymousreply 38December 5, 2022 3:26 PM

Did the shooters run out of eyeliner?

by Anonymousreply 39December 5, 2022 7:42 PM

So what actually happened?

by Anonymousreply 40December 6, 2022 11:57 PM

DL won't let me link the Charlotte News Observer?

Here's the latest, a.k.a. nothing. Apparently there are no suspects and the sheriff's office has said that firearms were used to damage electrical equipment and that the perpetrators "absolutely knew what they were doing."

I'd imagine they'd have to be, given it's not obvious to me how you could knock out a power grid with a gun.

by Anonymousreply 41December 7, 2022 12:20 AM

Here's the link, just tinker with it:

newsobserver DOT com/news/local/article269656061.html

by Anonymousreply 42December 7, 2022 12:24 AM

Let's try the Fayetteville Observer this time.

State Senator Tom McInnis confirms that no one was shot and that the gunfire targeted electrical equipment.

He announced this afternoon an intention to increase criminal penalties for damage to electrical infrastructure. The current maxim sentence in North Carolina is two years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43December 7, 2022 1:15 AM

I got put on a timeout for two days because of this thread and that still didn't work, assholes. Not Mur, the cunts who threaten her all the time. Fuck you!

by Anonymousreply 44December 7, 2022 5:54 PM

Guess what actually happened.

by Anonymousreply 45December 7, 2022 5:57 PM

R45 That's a lot harder lol.

by Anonymousreply 46December 7, 2022 6:27 PM

Maybe Ginni Thomas supplied a bus load of saboteurs?

by Anonymousreply 47December 7, 2022 6:36 PM

Maybe it isn't anything that would fit neatly into anyone's political prejudices.

by Anonymousreply 48December 7, 2022 7:16 PM

Home-grown right-wing terrorists who have done the same coordinated attacks before.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49December 7, 2022 7:22 PM

No they haven't, cuckoo bird. Please get a grip on yourself.

by Anonymousreply 50December 7, 2022 8:12 PM

[quote] That quisling Andy Ngo is such an embarrassment.

r18 Many Vietnamese-Americans are right wing for obvious reasons i.e. their families fled Vietnam after the war to escape the Communists.

But who is Ngo a "quisling" against? It's in his group's interest to attack the left.

by Anonymousreply 51December 7, 2022 8:20 PM

No progress on this, unsurprisingly. The FBI is offering a reward.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52February 6, 2023 7:28 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!