Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dominion defamation lawsuit against Fox still going strong and causing more headaches! Lachlan Murdoch to be deposed Monday!

Dominion is also seeking to get Rudolph too but hasn't been scheduled yet

they've also forced Pirro to a deposition twice!

Hannity once and they're fighting to get him a second time too

reading the article, the lawyers don't think this will end in settlement and will instead head to trial. Wow

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37April 5, 2023 10:19 PM

lol oops that should read Rupert Murdoch not Rudolph

by Anonymousreply 1December 4, 2022 10:46 PM

I am looking forward to this. I hope it ends like the Alex Jones trial - an enormous sum that Fox has to pay in damages.

by Anonymousreply 2December 4, 2022 10:47 PM

I could not be happier with Dominion's position on settlement ("It ain't happenin'") and the lawyers it has selected to inflict a death of a thousand cuts on the fucking Murdoch hellscape.

by Anonymousreply 3December 4, 2022 10:47 PM

Forza Dominion!

by Anonymousreply 4December 4, 2022 10:50 PM

I hope they get billlions.

by Anonymousreply 5December 4, 2022 10:54 PM

Lachlan has resting evil face.

by Anonymousreply 6December 4, 2022 10:55 PM

He has active evil face too.

by Anonymousreply 7December 4, 2022 11:26 PM

I would LOVE to see deposition tapes of Jeanine Pirro lol we know she has a temper

and lawyers have free range for the most part asking what they want

I bet she got pissed off multiple times that would be delicious viewing

by Anonymousreply 8December 4, 2022 11:29 PM

Off with their heads!

by Anonymousreply 9December 4, 2022 11:30 PM

FOX should be forced to pay through the nose and ass

by Anonymousreply 10December 4, 2022 11:37 PM

Ms. Pirro, is it true that you're a goddamn drunk?

by Anonymousreply 11December 4, 2022 11:38 PM

[quote] I would LOVE to see deposition tapes of Jeanine Pirro lol we know she has a temper

She probably showed up drunk and slurred her way through the deposition.

by Anonymousreply 12December 4, 2022 11:43 PM

Dominion is doing what the Dems, Mueller, Pelosi, Special Counsel, the Attorney General etc couldn't do. ]

Good on them and fuck these twisted Repub trash.

by Anonymousreply 13December 4, 2022 11:45 PM

Rupert Murdoch has been subpoenaed and will be forced into a deposition for Dominion's $1.6 billion lawsuit against Fox News. Here's the best part - its a CIVIL matter, so pleading the fifth won't work for most of their questions.

by Anonymousreply 14December 6, 2022 1:31 AM

I grew up in Westchester in the 1970s and 1980s and Jeanine Pirro was the ADA and was one of the thirstiest people on the local scene. She used to take 1/4 page ads out in the local papers of the era (such as The Standard Star) comprised mostly of her giant headshot and listing all of her accomplishments. When I was 11 or 12 I would read the papers and ask my mother who she was because she presented herself as a celebrity. I read years later that this behavior (as well as sending out her own press releases on Westchester DA’s wire and hogging credit) was extremely divisive within the DA’s office. I’m not surprised she clawed her way up and yes, the word was always that she drank a bit too much. She’s heinous.

by Anonymousreply 15December 6, 2022 1:44 AM

R15 thanks. Did the locals like her?

and now? I mean she really disgraced her reputation with her conduct on Fox

by Anonymousreply 16December 6, 2022 6:14 AM

For r14

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17December 6, 2022 10:56 PM

Is he the one rumoured to be gay, or his brother?

by Anonymousreply 18December 6, 2022 11:05 PM

What a hideous family. How do they sleep at night?

by Anonymousreply 19December 6, 2022 11:09 PM

Well from the looks him, Rupert doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 20December 6, 2022 11:10 PM

I don’t know why more people don’t sue them. The Clinton’s should sue them. The foundation should have sued them.

There is a long list.

by Anonymousreply 21December 6, 2022 11:11 PM

Can someone give me the Cliff's notes on what this is about?

by Anonymousreply 22December 7, 2022 12:13 AM

R22 so Dominion is suing Fox because after the 2020 election multiple hosts and guests kept defaming Dominion by saying Dominion committed fraud by rigging the election via its voting machines for Biden over Trump. Dominion claims to have enough evidence to know Fox not only lied but knowingly lied. Most defamation cases get dismissed right away but the judge has let this proceed this far which is unusual. Also unusual for defamation cases to not end in settlement and instead head to trial which appears to the be the path here. Fox has reason to be quite worried and it's delicious

by Anonymousreply 23December 7, 2022 5:21 PM

Only thing better than seeing Murdoch/Fox forced into bankruptcy and off the air would be seeing the key on-screen players individually humiliated publicly, silenced forever and forced to publicly admit they knowingly lied and knew Trump lost the election. I'm thinking of Hannity, Bartaromo, Lou Dobbs, and Sidney Powell as a good start. All of them are traitors and deserve much worse.

by Anonymousreply 24December 7, 2022 5:43 PM

R24 what's bothered me in the past about lawsuits Fox has settled is that they largely avoided having to publicly backtrack. They may have made a statement one time quickly on a show but it should have been every hour for 24 hours. For example they quietly settled a huge amount of money with the family of Seth Rich but the viewers never heard that. They just know Fox stopped talking about "Hillary having him killed for spilling her secrets"

by Anonymousreply 25December 7, 2022 5:54 PM

If I was cheering for Team Dominion any harder, I'd be wearing a jersey emblazoned with their company name and have a tacky "man cave" dedicated to their victory over FOX and the vile Murdochs.

by Anonymousreply 26December 7, 2022 5:56 PM

[quote]knowingly lied

This is the part I'm most concerned about since I can't imagine the presenters directly admitting it when that kind of thing they do for their job every day - but if a jury gets to decide they may have the common sense to know that Fox would have known that's what they were doing... but assuming people working at Fox did not directly admit it, Fox could argue that they were merely reporting what they were told.

by Anonymousreply 27December 8, 2022 1:23 AM

WTF is that double-talk word salad supposed to mean, R27?!?

by Anonymousreply 28December 8, 2022 1:39 AM

R28 Sorry, badly written?

Basically to prove a defamation case it has to be shown that Fox knowingly lied.

Fox are probably going to argue that they didn't and were just reporting.

by Anonymousreply 29December 8, 2022 1:43 AM

Claiming lies are facts is not just reporting

They may argue that, and probably will, but it won’t work

by Anonymousreply 30December 8, 2022 1:53 AM

Yes, my hope that a jury with common sense will see through that (it is normally why defamation cases are so hard to win). Obviously, I haven't seen the evidence Dominion have and if they're playing hardball in refusing a settlement, that seems encouraging. Fox were peddling these lies for weeks on end so there's going to be a lot of footage.

by Anonymousreply 31December 8, 2022 1:56 AM

R16 I don’t know that she herself was liked as much as her image and message. She came across like a ball buster, unwavering, serious as a heart attack, tough on crime, avenging angel-type. Never smiled. She handled a lot of domestic violence and child abuse cases and at that time women in that role were not the norm. She also had exceptionally good timing because domestic violence cases were moved from family court to criminal court while she was the ADA.

by Anonymousreply 32December 8, 2022 2:19 AM

Rupert only sleeps four hours a night, enabling him to work more than the average person. He is estimated to be worth USD17B, but how long until the Karjenners surpass him as a group worth more?

by Anonymousreply 33December 8, 2022 5:06 AM

[quote]Wow

[quote]"Essentially, the court is granting Dominion summary judgment on everything but actual malice, which will go to trial."

[quote]Between this, Finland to NATO, and you know, that indictment, one hell of a week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34April 5, 2023 4:58 AM

[quote]Well from the looks him, Rupert doesn't.

You just can't feast upon the blood of the living during the daytime. It's just not done.

by Anonymousreply 35April 5, 2023 5:01 AM

Who is the beautiful tranny whose hand Lachlan is holding?

by Anonymousreply 36April 5, 2023 5:11 AM

More good news!

"Breaking: The judge overseeing the Fox-Dominion trial says Rupert and Lachlan Murdoch could be forced to testify in person.

Other high-profile Fox employees expected to testify: Tucker Carlson, Maria Bartiromo, Sean Hannity, Jeanine Pirro and Bret Baier."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37April 5, 2023 10:19 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!