Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Movies when actors just gave up and said fuck it

Sean Connery - Zardoz

by Anonymousreply 14December 5, 2022 8:22 AM

I love Zardoz. What a trippy flick; Connery and Rampling were great. And that iconic outfit!

by Anonymousreply 1December 3, 2022 6:29 AM

My favorite movie!

by Anonymousreply 2December 3, 2022 6:59 AM

Richard Burton: Bluebeard. Set in Austria in the 1930s, Baron Kurt von Sepper is a World War I veteran fighter pilot with a reputation as a "ladykiller" and a frightening blue-tinged beard. In public the Baron carefully maintains his image as a war hero, a seemingly devout Catholic and a patriotic member of the Fatherland Front, but the Baron has two dark secrets he is keen to hide. All of his previous wives have died in mysterious circumstances, victims of the Baron's sexual inadequacy and he exploited the chaos of the Austrian Civil War to instigate a pogrom against a Jewish community.

Roger Ebert gave the film two stars out of four and wrote, "There is no longer any novelty in watching the sad disintegration of Richard Burton's acting career." Gene Siskel of the Chicago Tribune gave the film one star out of four and wrote that the scenes of sadism "are designed to pander to people who enjoy seeing women abused"

by Anonymousreply 3December 3, 2022 7:04 AM

Marlon Brando and his caftan in The Island of Dr. Moreau.

by Anonymousreply 4December 3, 2022 7:16 AM

Dame Judi Dench in “Cats.”

by Anonymousreply 5December 4, 2022 12:45 AM

Cunt Scratch Fever

by Anonymousreply 6December 4, 2022 12:45 AM

Sir Ian McKellen in “Cats.”

by Anonymousreply 7December 4, 2022 12:48 AM

Cunts

by Anonymousreply 8December 4, 2022 12:49 AM

The director of Zardoz is the legendary John Boorman. The best films are often the result of actors who recognize insane genius directors and say "fuck it, i'll see where this goes."

We need directors like Boorman to take wild swings. Even when they strike out, it usually ends up more interesting than anything else you could buy a ticket for on the same weekend.

by Anonymousreply 9December 4, 2022 1:09 AM

The cats in Cats.

by Anonymousreply 10December 4, 2022 1:16 AM

Gene Hackman in Superman IV.

by Anonymousreply 11December 5, 2022 8:00 AM

Elizabeth Taylor in almost everything during the late 60s/early 70s. All money grabs..

by Anonymousreply 12December 5, 2022 8:07 AM

Russell Crowe in Les Misérables

by Anonymousreply 13December 5, 2022 8:18 AM

Robert Downey Jr. in Mr. Willoughby's Christmas Tree.

If you play a drinking game where you down a shot every time his facial expression reads as "how the fuck did I get myself into this mess" you'll still only be half as trashed as he was while he actually made it.

by Anonymousreply 14December 5, 2022 8:22 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!