Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Let's Be Progressive Tesla Owners Trying To Justify Their Cars

It's been sort of funny to see-- they all bought them thinking they were doing something great for the environment but now that Musk has become a MAGA hero, driving a Tesla can feel like wearing one of those red baseball caps-- an endorsement of Musk and everything he stands for.

Right now I'm hearing a bunch of "if it keeps up we're going to sell it" shit along with fake concerns for "the workers" who the Tesla owner now feels badly for because they were so clearly bullied and psychologically abused.

by Anonymousreply 11December 3, 2022 3:56 PM

The people who drive them are shitty drivers slaloming dangerously in traffic. Sudden cuts in front of cars.

by Anonymousreply 1December 3, 2022 12:42 AM

r1, agreed.

I live in the liberal, eco-conscious SF Bay Area where Teslas have become the status car and the luxury car of choice. And they're made here. Also, the dream car for many of my friends who are obsessed with cars and driving. They've surpassed the BMW for the sub-population of "slaloming" (perfect term!) obnoxious drivers.

I think my progressive, Tesla-owning friends and neighbors must be embarrassed and didn't see this coming. Bet new sales will start to plunge around here. It seems like service and support will start to plunge, given how Space Karen is treating his staff and customers. Watch for a shift of new EV sales to other manufacturers. Liberals are the market who drive EV sales. This will not end well for Tesla.

by Anonymousreply 2December 3, 2022 1:27 AM

Seriously R2

It would be a very funny SNL skit to have a fake commercial from one of the other EV manufacturers about how their CEO is not a crazy right wing wingnut

by Anonymousreply 3December 3, 2022 1:39 AM

I was in the market for a new car and wanting to go electric. I was looking at Tesla but now no way. They would have to pay me to drive one.

by Anonymousreply 4December 3, 2022 1:54 AM

I wonder how gay Andrew Neighbors is justifying driving one and all his videos showing it off. “My New Tesla!😍”

by Anonymousreply 5December 3, 2022 1:55 AM

At least my Tesla was built by Jews.

by Anonymousreply 6December 3, 2022 2:28 AM

Was *NOT

by Anonymousreply 7December 3, 2022 2:28 AM

I meant Zionists. It was NOT build by Zionists.

by Anonymousreply 8December 3, 2022 10:04 AM

THEY SHOULD RENAME THE COMPANY FROM TESLA TO TOAST.

by Anonymousreply 9December 3, 2022 10:44 AM

In Florida, Tesla’s were bursting into flames spontaneously after the cars had any contact with salt water. The cars have to be left in a huge empty area with the cars far apart. They can repeatedly burst into flames even after the fires are out out. Creepy! Useless! And driven by assholes!

by Anonymousreply 10December 3, 2022 2:31 PM

I also sense the Tesla-shame, and rightly so. Elmo has always been an asshole, but now... ugh. I would sooner buy a Lada.

Tesla will be toast when Toyota and, to a lesser extent, Ford and GM get their acts together. I suspect it will be acquired for mere pennies per share as Elmo's final fall from grace.

by Anonymousreply 11December 3, 2022 3:56 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!