Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

'Rogue wave' strikes Antarctic cruise ship, leaves 1 dead and 4 injured

[quote]A passenger on an Antarctic cruise died and four others were injured after their Viking ship was struck by a "rogue wave," the cruise line said.

[quote]The incident happened on Tuesday around 10:40 p.m. local time while the Viking Polaris ship was sailing toward Ushuaia, Argentina, Viking said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5December 4, 2022 2:50 AM

I had no idea South America was that close to Antarctica.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1December 2, 2022 9:56 PM

I'm curious how the one passanger died.

I'm surprised because modern cruise ships seem so tanky these days. The Titanic is tiny compared to modern ships.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2December 2, 2022 10:03 PM

R2 Maybe heart attack?

by Anonymousreply 3December 2, 2022 10:08 PM

[quote][R2] Maybe heart attack?

I could see that. Can you imagine being in one of those damaged rooms when a freezing cold wave comes crashing through the window.

The alternatives would be the force of the wave violently tumbled him around causing injuries or worse, he was washed off the ship and into the frigid water and died of hypothermia.

by Anonymousreply 4December 2, 2022 10:41 PM

All sound brutal and terrifying. ^^^

by Anonymousreply 5December 4, 2022 2:50 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!