Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

TAR, Blanchett, Farrell win first big Critic’s Prizes of the year from NYFCC.

Cate’s gunning for that 3rd Oscar.

A complete list of the NYFCC’s 2022 winners follows.

Best Film: Tár Best Director: S. S. Rajamouli, RRR Best Actor: Colin Farrell, After Yang and The Banshees of Inisherin Best Actress: Cate Blanchett, Tár Best Screenplay: Martin McDonagh, The Banshees of Inisherin Best Supporting Actor: Ke Huy Quan, Everything Everywhere All At Once Best Supporting Actress: Keke Palmer, Nope Best Animated Feature: Marcel the Shell with Shoes On Best Cinematography: Claudio Miranda, Top Gun: Maverick Best First Film: Aftersun Best Foreign Language Film: EO Best Nonfiction Film: All the Beauty and the Bloodshed Special Award: Jake Perlin Special Award: dGenerate Films Special Award: Jafar Panahi

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13December 6, 2022 2:19 PM

I don't think she'll win the Oscar but she deserves to. One of the Michelles will probably win.

by Anonymousreply 1December 2, 2022 11:49 PM

Cate will get a lot of pushback from angry lesbians for the portrayal of a wicked sapparic sister.

Plus all those really gratuitous sex scenes

by Anonymousreply 2December 2, 2022 11:57 PM

I’m sick of white woman privilege. Enough of Cate. Give the Oscar to Michelle Yeoh.

by Anonymousreply 3December 3, 2022 12:05 AM

Tar was a bore

by Anonymousreply 4December 3, 2022 12:20 AM

I haven't seen Colin Farrell's movie but I've always considered him to be one of the most underated actors out there. I like his hot intensity and the way his face transforms when he genuinely smiles. If he wins the oscar I won't be disappointed.

by Anonymousreply 5December 3, 2022 11:02 PM

^the role is very charming but I don't think he did anything that special.

by Anonymousreply 6December 3, 2022 11:04 PM

Lest we forget, here's his big gorgeous hairy Irish pinga, out for us all to enjoy! Give him all the awards! That Brendan Fraser never showed us the goods.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7December 3, 2022 11:13 PM

Does Cate scissor a sister in her movie?

by Anonymousreply 8December 3, 2022 11:16 PM

No scissoring, but she does threaten an 8 or 9 year old bully with staking and death if she doesn't stop bullying her Tar's daughter.

by Anonymousreply 9December 3, 2022 11:21 PM

*yawn*

NYFCC and LAFCA are both so pretentious.

Then again, they are two pretentious critics awards... in two pretentious cities... in two pretentious states, so what do you expect?

by Anonymousreply 10December 6, 2022 8:15 AM

R5 The Banshees of Inisherin was one of the best films of the year and Colin Farrell is absolutely amazing in it. His character arc is a complete thought; from innocence to despair. It’s a brilliant performance.

by Anonymousreply 11December 6, 2022 9:05 AM

It seems it’s going to be Colin’s to lose. It seems that pretty much everyone hates The Whale, no matter what Brendan Fraser is doing in it.

by Anonymousreply 12December 6, 2022 12:46 PM

Tar is absolutely brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 13December 6, 2022 2:19 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!