Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tasteful Friends, it's only faintly Second Empire

And it's in Indiana.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10December 2, 2022 6:51 PM

I love the front view; that attached garage at the side is a disaster.

by Anonymousreply 1December 2, 2022 5:42 PM

How on earth can you attribute Second Empire to a building constructed in the US...after the fall of the Second Empire in France?

A better description would be 'gaudy nouveau-riche'

by Anonymousreply 2December 2, 2022 5:44 PM

WHO THE FUCK PUTS PANED WINDOWS INTO A MANSARD ROOF! The house is basically ruined. Pity.

by Anonymousreply 3December 2, 2022 5:48 PM

Tacky gingerbread house architecture.

by Anonymousreply 4December 2, 2022 5:51 PM

All that horrid Victoriana wallpaper gives me a headache. I hate that overly decorative period.

by Anonymousreply 5December 2, 2022 5:55 PM

Miss in Action - grand staircase.

by Anonymousreply 6December 2, 2022 5:58 PM

This side of the house surely once had a kind of carport or overhang on this pathway which lead to the stables (and later garage) but it's been removed. There's also a bricked-up window over there and signs in the yard of decorative features that have been removed. I'm wondering if they lost a little bit of their original lot at some point; the house to the left of the pathway looks like it was originally part of this property, but doesn't seem to be anymore. Whatever happened, that left side of the house has had modifications that really mess with the building's symmetry. You can't NOT see that something is missing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7December 2, 2022 6:04 PM

Aruba, Jamaica….

by Anonymousreply 8December 2, 2022 6:06 PM

I lived in Kokomo, Ind for 4 terrible months! I believe this house is in a neighborhood called Silk Stockings (or a similar fancy name). Only decent place in the terrible town. I lived in a carriage house in that neighborhood with two insane lesbians living in the former stable below me.

I worked at the town newspaper when Ryan White was a paperboy for it. The town made that kid’s life miserable.

by Anonymousreply 9December 2, 2022 6:49 PM

"I lived in a carriage house in that neighborhood with two insane lesbians living in the former stable below me."

I smell a sitcom!!

by Anonymousreply 10December 2, 2022 6:51 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!