Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

HLN Robin Meade FIRED

Robin Meade, anchor of HLN “Morning Express” since 2001 has been FIRED - and the show cancelled

In its place HLN will simulcast CNN "This Morning" in a cost cutting move

In addition HLN will no longer air any live programming - everything aired will be CNN documentaries that can be aired over and over again Ad nauseam.

by Anonymousreply 3December 2, 2022 5:33 PM

I know this Chris Licht is suppose to be some short of wonder kid but I haven't seen a move yet that makes me more likely to watch CNN more, only less. Reliable Sources was a Sunday morning staple for me and then I would watch Fareed Zakaria, since they cancelled Reliable Sources I haven't bother to watch Fareed Zakaria once. I would watch Don Lemon from time to time in the evenings but he brings nothing to the morning show.

I know he was put in there to make changes but I don't see these changes helping their ratings. HLN might as well not even be on my cable system, I haven't watched in ages, I have been watching CNN International a bit more but just because they show less commercials.

by Anonymousreply 1December 2, 2022 4:54 PM

Fewer!

by Anonymousreply 2December 2, 2022 4:59 PM

I guess the endless ads for various pharmaceuticals will remain and possibly be given more airtime than actual programming.

by Anonymousreply 3December 2, 2022 5:33 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!