Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Prescription poop is here: FDA approves fecal slurry for unshakeable diarrhea

[quote]It's a win for those with C. diff and a milestone for microbiome-based therapies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15December 2, 2022 9:19 PM

Stealth scat thread.

by Anonymousreply 1December 2, 2022 10:38 AM

An important thread that will get bombarded with fecalphobes.

by Anonymousreply 2December 2, 2022 10:39 AM

Erna, it’s not meant to be taken orally!

by Anonymousreply 3December 2, 2022 10:40 AM

Then what the fuck good is it?

by Anonymousreply 4December 2, 2022 10:42 AM

The Frenchie lab worker holding the poop bag in the photo is like yep, this is what I do for a living, just shoot me.

by Anonymousreply 5December 2, 2022 1:30 PM

Well shit on that!

by Anonymousreply 6December 2, 2022 1:41 PM

Unfortunately, it's hard to take serious, because it's just so gross, but I have heard good things about it for treatment of diseased intestines. It's a good thing to get options for illnesses you have to live with all your life. It's a drain on the medical system, society, and makes life difficult for individuals.

by Anonymousreply 7December 2, 2022 1:54 PM

Do they pay the donors? Or are they in an adjacent room paying for a high colonic?

by Anonymousreply 8December 2, 2022 1:57 PM

Yep, stool transplants from healthy family members have been shown to be incredibly effective against chronic conditions. They're now trying to turn that into pill form, so it won't be as invasive.

by Anonymousreply 9December 2, 2022 1:58 PM

Pill form is a definite step up. Can I get it over the counter?

by Anonymousreply 10December 2, 2022 2:01 PM

Can I get liquid caps.

by Anonymousreply 11December 2, 2022 2:04 PM

That’s my kink!

by Anonymousreply 12December 2, 2022 2:10 PM

Wasn't there a story a few years ago, about a woman's depression improving after having to have a fecal transplant?

by Anonymousreply 13December 2, 2022 8:39 PM

I had some suspect Vietnamese food for lunch and could donate a couple gallons of my home brew.

by Anonymousreply 14December 2, 2022 8:46 PM

R14 “Oh! Sum Ting Wong!”

by Anonymousreply 15December 2, 2022 9:19 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!