Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Should I not have invited my son’s cousins to his first birthday party?

My husband and I got married 3 years ago. I've always wanted children. Sadly, carrying a pregnancy would be impossible because, duh, we’re men. That's why we had to go for other options and decided on surrogacy.

My husband's sister already had 3 sons (ages 10, 8, 3) and agreed to be our surrogate for a very fair monetary compensation. I never liked her but it was a very kind thing she did for us. Unfortunately, due to complications she ended up passing away on the same day our beautiful boy was born. Next week is his birthday and of course I invited his cousins and their father. Note that I didn't force them to accept the invite in any way or ask for any gifts.

I didn't get a reply, instead the father called my husband and was furious. That made my husband mad at me. Apparently I wasn't supposed to invite them? Which he never mentioned by the way. We already had a fight about celebrating our son's birthday on his actual birthday (my husband wanted to pick another date but I'm not about to let my son feel guilty for something that wasn't anyone's fault). Besides, I feel like it would've been worse if I HADN'T invited them. Should I not have bothered inviting these ungrateful cunts?

by Anonymousreply 8December 2, 2022 8:53 AM

God. This is such an epic failure.

by Anonymousreply 1December 2, 2022 8:11 AM

Oh, who cares?

by Anonymousreply 2December 2, 2022 8:13 AM

0/10

by Anonymousreply 3December 2, 2022 8:15 AM

Why should they be grateful to you for killing their mother and then trying to make them cut cake and smile about it? I feel sorry for your son.

by Anonymousreply 4December 2, 2022 8:21 AM

Did you get married and have a kid so at least so you could have stupid Frau drama like this?

by Anonymousreply 5December 2, 2022 8:25 AM

Yes, you should have invited them. And if this story is true, you should be in those kids lives, other than inviting them to a party. Why is their Dad so mad about this? Why is your Husband so mad? Clarify.

by Anonymousreply 6December 2, 2022 8:33 AM

Get a blog.

Get a mug to cradle while you “write” and stick a fucking candy cane in it.

by Anonymousreply 7December 2, 2022 8:36 AM

What crawled p your ass R7?

by Anonymousreply 8December 2, 2022 8:53 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!