Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Biden pushes South Carolina to be the first 2024 Prez Primary!

Biden (and every other Democrat) wants people of color to have an earlier voice in choosing our nominee. This is bad news for Buttigieg.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57December 6, 2022 12:28 AM

South Carolina and Georgia voting earlier makes sense. Iowa should be last just based on their size and relevance.

by Anonymousreply 1December 2, 2022 7:42 AM

They're going to settle on the order today or tomorrow, they were waiting on word from Biden and now here it is. I read Michigan or Minnesota could be among the early ones as well. Nevada might replace NH, although they still have to solve that problem of NH having a law where they have to be the first primary. I hope the candidates just ignore the state if they don't change that.

by Anonymousreply 2December 2, 2022 10:29 AM

The order should be based on which states are most influential in the general election. Georgia, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Arizona should all be early. Putting South Carolina first will lead to unelectable people like Kamala Harris being even more elevated.

by Anonymousreply 3December 2, 2022 10:48 AM

Kamala Harris who famously won South Carolina.

by Anonymousreply 4December 2, 2022 10:52 AM

People of coloreds would never go for a gay guy or a Jewish person.

by Anonymousreply 5December 2, 2022 11:02 AM

Buttigieg got 2% of South Carolina vote last time so he should be thrilled....VIDEO = Pete running away from Black Voters in S.C...He was stupid enough to go to a Living Wage Rally when he OPPOSED a living wage repeatedly as Mayor of Bumkinsville. Watch Pete Run---AWAY from cussing black voters. LoL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6December 2, 2022 11:28 AM

Black voters also went after Bloomberg. They will never support gays and Jews.

by Anonymousreply 7December 2, 2022 11:32 AM

Another Video....Pete being tested. Pete getting cussed out by his own constituents in Hooterville....Calling him a M---F--- to his FACE!!!....LoL...Pete and his little microphone!!....Love this video because it is honest. This is who he is. A wimp.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8December 2, 2022 11:36 AM

It’s not who he is, it’s who (or what) blacks are.

by Anonymousreply 9December 2, 2022 11:43 AM

Buttigieg is never going to happen.

Let’s instead focus on the merits of having South Carolina go first… which are zero.

by Anonymousreply 10December 2, 2022 12:27 PM

R7, you are wrong. Black voters especially Black women love Jewish Georgia Senator, Jon Ossoff. He really built a strong coalition among a diverse group of voters and seem to understand issues that may be unique to different constituents. I believe he will be president one day.

by Anonymousreply 11December 2, 2022 12:27 PM

[quote]Watch Pete Run---AWAY from cussing black voters. LoL

What the fuck, OP, you're in the "slut shamed" thread spouting old racist "black welfare queen" stereotypes, but you're over here pretending to be on the side of black voters?

You're also on the Tucker Carlson thread defending Pete, but over here slamming him in multiple replies.

You're such a terrible troll. I don't know what we did to deserve shitty little trolls like you.

by Anonymousreply 12December 2, 2022 12:32 PM

Buttigieg need to slap some faces viciously

by Anonymousreply 13December 2, 2022 12:37 PM

OP, you should also know that your sockpuppets are painfully obvious to spot.

If Muriel isn't going to get rid of all your accounts, and it's likely he won't, then the least you could do is work harder at trolling. This is pitiful.

by Anonymousreply 14December 2, 2022 12:46 PM

r12 He's actually everywhere if you look him up on the ignore list. And I mean EVERYWHERE. Like, a full quarter of posts and replies on DL is just him. Unhinged.

by Anonymousreply 15December 2, 2022 1:02 PM

[quote] People of coloreds would never go for a gay guy or a Jewish person.

[quote] Black voters also went after Bloomberg. They will never support gays and Jews.

[quote] Black voters especially Black women love Jewish Georgia Senator, Jon Ossoff. I believe he will be president one day.

Unfortunately R5 R7 have far more realistic worldviews than R11. Both homophobia and anti-Jewish bigotry are rife in the black community. far more ingrained than is publicly discussed. It might help to remember that Ossoff, elected in 2021, is the first Jewish senator elected in the "Deep South" since 1878.

A Jew will never be elected President of the United States. Ever. Especially a Jew with relatives in Israel, as Ossoff has.

by Anonymousreply 16December 2, 2022 1:16 PM

[quote]A Jew will never be elected President of the United States. Ever.

You do know that the word "ever" contains millennia in it, right? Like, tens of thousands of years? And much, much more on top of that -- trillions upon trillions of years, actually. None of these distinctions we have today will matter when enough time passes, should the US still be around as a political entity that has presidential elections.

by Anonymousreply 17December 2, 2022 1:29 PM

[quote] None of these distinctions we have today will matter when enough time passes, should the US still be around as a political entity that has presidential elections.

R17 How privileged you are to be completely ignorant of Jew hatred, its history and its inculcation into every country/culture on Earth. Especially the US. If you have a modicum of knowledge, you would realize that "Ever" is an applicable measure of time.

by Anonymousreply 18December 2, 2022 1:39 PM

South Carolina never votes Democratic in the general. Why should their voters have priority in the Democratic primary. It should be by some combination of 1. Votes Democratic in general as a rule and 2 Number of votes. Therefore New York State and California go first. Or a super primary in which all states which went Democratic in the last presidential election go first on the same day. Then a later day for loser states like W Va and South Carolina.

by Anonymousreply 19December 2, 2022 1:59 PM

[quote]Therefore New York State and California go first.

Why should solid-blue states pick ultra liberal candidates that have no chance of success in the swing states? And New York especially has a long history of picking awful candidates.

by Anonymousreply 20December 2, 2022 2:07 PM

R3 was right that it should be the swing states that go first. It doesn't matter if you can win in New York or California if you can't win in Arizona, Michigan, or Pennsylvania. Those are the places where we need to determine who's most electable.

by Anonymousreply 21December 2, 2022 2:53 PM

Black people didn’t like Pete Buttigeg because he did nothing to disprove he wasn’t a racist.

It’s always crazy when white people accuse black people of bigotry when it’s clear they don’t like racist people.

by Anonymousreply 22December 2, 2022 2:59 PM

R22 Doesn't make any sense at all. It helps when you're not frothing at the mouth...........

by Anonymousreply 23December 2, 2022 3:03 PM

Joe Biden is from the Old School, always talking about people of color and forgetting all the other minorities out there. He's giving the edge to the Republicans and others who are sick and tired of all this Woke nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 24December 2, 2022 3:05 PM

[quote] Black people didn’t like Pete Buttigeg because he did nothing to disprove he wasn’t a racist.

How does one prove that? The bigger issue is that no one ever pointed to anything to prove Buttigieg *was* a racist. Instead, the media just created a narrative that black people didn't like him, which became a self-fulfilling prophecy.

by Anonymousreply 25December 2, 2022 3:08 PM

R16, you are wrong about Ossoff. He has national recognition. He campaigned in several states in support of Democracts who ran in November. Check out his followers. He is loved by women. Ossoff is the one.

by Anonymousreply 26December 2, 2022 11:25 PM

R24, black people in South Carolina saved Biden's nomination. Black people overall have been tirelessly loyal to Democrats. There is always those like you who take us for granted.

by Anonymousreply 27December 2, 2022 11:29 PM

R12 = I WILL defend Pete against Tucker. I don't care what you say. Shame on you. Go back to FOX.

by Anonymousreply 28December 3, 2022 12:50 AM

There is no Democratic party without the bloc voting by black people. Black voters should be given first opportunity to select the candidate of their choice.

by Anonymousreply 29December 3, 2022 12:55 AM

[quote]There is no Democratic party without the bloc voting by black people.

I mean Democrats would also be in the permanent political wilderness if they didn't maintain their margins with white, Latino, or even AAPI voters, not to mention women, youth, LGBT, Jews, college-educated voters, nonreligious voters....

In other words, it's just as accurate to say that there's "no Democratic Party" without any part of the coalition.

by Anonymousreply 30December 3, 2022 1:07 AM

Never had I ever imagined on DL there would be a lowlife scumbag who preferred lowlife scumbag Tucker to Pete. Never. I was so wrong.

by Anonymousreply 31December 3, 2022 1:07 AM

I don't think Ol' Joe's going to want to spend his 80s in the White House. But he'll keep up the ruse til Trump is behind bars. Then announce he can't continue due to health concerns.

I think he's done an awesome job. And he got rid of Trump. As a Catholic- can he be nominated for sainthood?

by Anonymousreply 32December 3, 2022 1:10 AM

Anyone who hates Pete Buttigieg as much as you do is a 'prefect' example of Black Homophobia as well as a crackpot. Be gone or we will dump a bucket of water on you!!!

by Anonymousreply 33December 3, 2022 3:00 AM

Hey Op, thanks for all the free publicity that you give me! It's full steam ahead........!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34December 3, 2022 3:02 AM

Pete craves attention. Who else would go on Low Rated Drew Barrymores show? Pete is the employee who finds EVERY EXCUSE to not work. Every manager knows what I am talking about.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35December 3, 2022 3:08 AM

R35 You know Nothing about Nothing. Give it up!!!

by Anonymousreply 36December 3, 2022 3:30 AM

R36 = Chasten. Home alone. Wondering why Pete is always working late and smells like the Congressional Gym when he comes home.

by Anonymousreply 37December 3, 2022 3:48 AM

Illinois should be first!

by Anonymousreply 38December 3, 2022 4:00 AM

Dems are shitting the bed by not trying to make the two western states Nevada and Arizona, responsible for making Joe Biden the president and giving the Dems the Senate again, more of a conversation.

South Carolina is a republican state in no danger of becoming blue. Nevada and Arizona have turned blue or are in the process of becoming blue. I know Joe is faithful to the Southeast, but North Carolina, Virginia, or Georgia would make more sense over South Carolina.

by Anonymousreply 39December 3, 2022 6:41 AM

Lol, so stupid. Primary candidates are going to jump all over each other to see who can shout reparations the loudest or crow about white privilege.

Then they’re going to have to win a majority of the people they pissed off early in their campaign

by Anonymousreply 40December 3, 2022 6:59 AM

R40, WTF are you going on about. Sure there are some black folk who care about reparations but most care more about restoration of the Voting Rights Act.

R30, I never implied that voters outside of Black people were not important. Again, the diverse group you mentioned is the coalition Ossoff is building. What I am saying is that Democrats must find a way to to balance take care of the needs of all their constituents. They must not ignore issues important to Black people out of fear of alienating other groups. Further they must also concentrate on issues that appeal to Democrats across the Board. Ossoff truly understands this.

by Anonymousreply 41December 3, 2022 8:45 AM

The plan is to change the first states every 4 years so this is just for show. Biden 2024 gets to try it out to pander to SC that have him his come back and then it changes.

by Anonymousreply 42December 3, 2022 9:24 AM

I voted for Biden. But the fact that Dems are stepping aside for him without a primary challenge is scary. He is 80 years old. Do we Democrats really want to take a chance on Great Grampa Biden living until Election Day 2024? Kamala isn't exactly the political powerhouse I thought she was going to be. I am very nervous about the GOP taking the White House again.

by Anonymousreply 43December 5, 2022 9:42 AM

Wouldn't swing states like Georgia and Arizona going first be a better call?

by Anonymousreply 44December 5, 2022 9:44 AM

The next Democrat is going to be Newsom because he looks the part. I am convinced that's how Reagan was elected, how Biden was elected and how Clinton was elected. They just looked like a perfect cast for a president. I dont believe that most DL users - me included - have any idea what a candidate's focus is at. I'll take a stab in the dark and assume it's not something like "I want people to thrive!" It's probably much more contractual, insular and selfish - or they'd never have climbed to where they are.

by Anonymousreply 45December 5, 2022 10:59 AM

Newsom looks sleazy to me.

by Anonymousreply 46December 5, 2022 11:21 AM

Newsom wants it bad but would never win. How is he going to play with swing voters in Wisconsin? I don't see it, he would be a very weak candidate.

by Anonymousreply 47December 5, 2022 12:16 PM

Nevada, Arizona, Georgia, Pennsylvania, and Michigan should be the first five. I’m not sure why this is even a question. If you can’t win in those five states, you can’t win the general election. Period. The electable candidates shouldn’t have to waste endless money competing in states like SC and Iowa against primary candidates who are unelectable.

by Anonymousreply 48December 5, 2022 2:32 PM

Illinois should be first. It’s diverse with black and Hispanic voters. It has a major is city with rural farm land and very developed suburban areas. It’s Midwest, and IL produced two great presidents. IL should start the primary season because it has the most balance of demographics, mirroring the nation.

And again, when we send someone to the WH they leave the nation in a better situation. US owes IL.

by Anonymousreply 49December 5, 2022 4:09 PM

This isn't complicated. Biden is in serious debt to black voters in South Carolina and Jim Clyburn for saving his Presidential run. He owes them this. We can always change it again after 2024.

by Anonymousreply 50December 5, 2022 4:16 PM

[quote] This is bad news for Buttigieg.

Obsessed much, OP? No Democrat is going to primary Biden if he chooses to run again.

by Anonymousreply 51December 5, 2022 5:00 PM

He sounds serious. I know every POTUS wants to be a 2-termer, but will his body and mind agree? Campaigns are brutal, he'll be even older/slower... and he can't use Covid to scale things down this time.

by Anonymousreply 52December 5, 2022 5:27 PM

R12 is off her psych medicine again. She is the poster that claimed Elon Musk spends most his days on Datalounge…

by Anonymousreply 53December 5, 2022 6:39 PM

South Carolina is better than Iowa and New Hampshire, but shouldn't a state that is likely to have a majority of its citizens vote the Democrat in the General Election a better choice? Why is a majority Republican state getting the first choice on who is the Democratic nominee?

by Anonymousreply 54December 5, 2022 6:47 PM

I followed the Dem primaries for the first time in 2019/2020. I couldn't believe the amount of time and money candidates wasted on fucking Iowa - a tiny all-white state full of Republicans. Their caucus was an absolute joke. New Hampshire's even whiter so why the fuck are these 2 the first primaries? They should make purple states the first primaries to see which candidates appeal to Dems: Arizona, Nevada, Pennsylvania, Georgia - hell, why not Florida? South Carolina is overwhelmingly red so the black population is not large enough to affect elections.

by Anonymousreply 55December 5, 2022 6:52 PM

It's fine with me either way. I'm fed up with politics. I just don't care about it.

by Anonymousreply 56December 5, 2022 6:57 PM

R45 = Clinton did not "look the part". He came off as a Hillbilly from Arkansas. The only reason he won (the first time) was because Ross Perot shaved Bush votes, costing Bush the election. But for the most part Clinton was a good president and earned his reelection.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57December 6, 2022 12:28 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!