Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Pantone Color of the Year 2023

[quote]In a cultural moment shaped by countless challenges, Pantone’s color of the year for 2023 is a bold shade of red that speaks to the strength and vitality needed for forging a more positive future. PANTONE 18-1750 Viva Magenta, a vibrant and nuanced shade of crimson red, is a study in balances: drawing on both warm and cool tones, the color’s origins are grounded in nature with an electrifying hue that can be found in both the physical and virtual spheres, speaking to the diversity of our contemporary world.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30December 5, 2022 12:43 AM

Melania was ahead of her time with her red holiday trees at the White House.

by Anonymousreply 1December 2, 2022 4:46 AM

It's all bullshit, here is what they announced last year - color of the year 2022, have you seen that in 2022? No, obviously no one cared!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2December 2, 2022 4:53 AM

Love it.

Melanie didn’t have anything in this shade. Get real.

by Anonymousreply 3December 2, 2022 5:10 AM

Stick to shampoo!

by Anonymousreply 4December 2, 2022 5:12 AM

I don't like this shade of red.

by Anonymousreply 5December 2, 2022 5:24 AM

I dig the 2022 periwinkle, my sheets are that color so I guess I am in fashion.

by Anonymousreply 6December 2, 2022 5:25 AM

Pantone really is bullshit.

As a child, I could never remember the difference between fuschia & magenta, so I just thought of the vowels in the two words: fUschia has more pUrple, while magEnta has more rEd.

Of course, this is DL, and everyone already knew that at birth. Carry on.

by Anonymousreply 7December 2, 2022 5:45 AM

Melania is one of those rare people who live up to all of their criticisms and perceived shortcomings.

by Anonymousreply 8December 2, 2022 6:19 AM

Makes me think of taffy.

by Anonymousreply 9December 2, 2022 6:21 AM

Or raspberry sorbet.

by Anonymousreply 10December 2, 2022 6:21 AM

I prefer Benjamin Moore’s Raspberry Blush, I guess 2023 is seeing red, or reds as the case might be.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11December 2, 2022 7:24 AM

Not to be outdone, Farrow & Ball have BAMBOOZLE!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12December 2, 2022 7:29 AM

I think its ugly and looks like the color that medical text books use when drawing the spleen.

by Anonymousreply 13December 2, 2022 7:30 AM

Magenta is a revolting color.

by Anonymousreply 14December 2, 2022 7:33 AM

Might be a challenge to integrate that colour into home decor. Perhaps as a throw pillow...

by Anonymousreply 15December 2, 2022 7:35 AM

R7: "Fuchsia." Not intuitive, but correct. After a German botanist named Fuchs.

by Anonymousreply 16December 2, 2022 8:09 AM

Looks like the kind of red that can't be matched among different materials.

by Anonymousreply 17December 2, 2022 8:11 AM

[quote]looks like the color that medical text books use when drawing the spleen

Hot.

by Anonymousreply 18December 2, 2022 8:15 AM

I know I'd seen this color before.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19December 2, 2022 8:17 AM

This is a gorgeous shade of red. Melania's stuff was all Crayola brand Magic Marker red, nothing like this.

I don't know that anyone really cares about Pantone's color of the year beyond it being something light and fun to talk about online, which is fine, but also I feel like last year's awful color (and I say that as someone who usually likes shades of periwinkle) was destined to be ignored.

by Anonymousreply 20December 2, 2022 8:49 AM

Very true r17, I think this would have to be matched with complimentary colors of the same tone. It's got a gray tone underneath that borders on a smoky purple and that's going to make it difficult to use with anything but neutrals.

by Anonymousreply 21December 2, 2022 8:51 AM

Cam we have The Sexiest Man Alive photographed in a Viva Magenta jockstrap before I decide if I like the color?

by Anonymousreply 22December 2, 2022 8:56 AM

Its a pretty color, especially paired with yellow ochre.

by Anonymousreply 23December 2, 2022 8:56 AM

And then applied, r23, to the chien-chauds!

by Anonymousreply 24December 2, 2022 12:11 PM

What are you talking about R24?

by Anonymousreply 25December 2, 2022 12:16 PM

R2 Dear, just because that color didn’t trickle down into some tragic causal corner clearance bin yet for you doesn’t mean it has had no impact.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26December 2, 2022 2:35 PM

[quote] "Magenta is a revolting color."

R14 = Blanche Devereaux

by Anonymousreply 27December 2, 2022 6:04 PM

[quote] "Fuchsia." Not intuitive, but correct. After a German botanist named Fuchs."

Thanks. I'm usually perfect, but not this time! Seriously though, I'll remember it this way, R16.

by Anonymousreply 28December 2, 2022 6:10 PM

R25, That's a ketchup and mustard combo, like for hot dogs!

by Anonymousreply 29December 2, 2022 8:21 PM

Is it grape or aubergine?

by Anonymousreply 30December 5, 2022 12:43 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!