Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Weasel is trying to Weasel his way back....

Will Smith had a special forcefield around him at the premiere of Emancipation: his family.

The actor, making his first red carpet since his Oscars meltdown, was surrounded by family at Regency Village Theatre in L.A. on Wednesday. Jada Pinkett Smith was on his arm while all three of his children — Trey, 30, Jaden, 24, and Willow, 22 — were by his side.

Will stars in Emancipation, directed by Antoine Fuqua, about an enslaved man who escaped a Confederate army labor camp. The Apple Originals film also stars Ben Foster and Charmaine Bingwa.

Will didn't shy away from the spotlight on the carpet despite the scandal. He and Jada were not to be missed in large part due to her white show-stopping Stephane Rolland gown that ruffled out behind her.

At one point, Will planted a kiss on Jada's bald head as she leaned into him. The 2022 Oscars drama, which saw Will storm the stage and slap presenter Chris Rock, stemmed from Rock making a joke about how Jada could have a role in a G.I. Jane sequel because of her bald head. Rock was apparently unaware Jada has alopecia. In one of Will's subsequent apologies, he said "a joke about Jada's medical condition was too much for me to bear and I reacted emotionally."

Will's mother-in-law, Adrienne Banfield Norris — who co-hosts Red Table Talk with Jada and Willow — was there as well to support the family. She attended along with her husband Rodney, but posed for photos with her daughter.

According to the Hollywood Reporter, Will received cheers from the "crush of photographers" as he arrived on the red carpet. He replied playfully, "What's the deal? What's the deal?" — though presumably knew his first red carpet since the drama would be a big one.

Will then spent a "spent a good chunk of time posing for photos with the cast" as well as Apple executives, the outlet reported. He then made his way down the red carpet, "generously giving time to each outlet."

Will also smiled as he signed autographs for fans lining the street outside the theater.

The last time the Smiths were all on the red carpet together was March 27 at the Vanity Fair Oscars party. The night was a mix of high-highs and low-lows. While Will won the Best Actor Oscar for King Richard, it was eclipsed by his outburst earlier in the evening. In addition to storming the stage to hit Rock, he returned to his seat and preceded to curse him out. Nonetheless, the show continued, Will got a standing ovation for winning his Oscar and he and his family went out to celebrate at the after-party, where he danced to one of his famous hit songs.

Will later resigned from the Academy, which subsequently banned him from the Oscars for 10 years.

The Oscar winner issued several apologies, which received mixed reception, and kept a pretty low profile until returning to the spotlight for this movie. Leading up to it, he attended small screenings — often with friends and supporters. He also made a cheery visit to his former high school, along the road of his redemption tour.

Earlier this week, he sat for his first late-night TV interview since the drama. Chatting with The Daily Show's Trevor Noah, he admitted he "lost it" on Oscars night, blaming years of bottled emotions, dating back to his childhood witnessing his father abusing his mother.

In press leading up to that, Will said he would "completely understand" if audiences aren't ready to see him on the big screen again after the Oscars incident. However, he said his focus is on the team that made the film, saying they "have done some of the best work of their entire careers, and my deepest hope is that my actions don't penalize [them]."

While Will is banned from the Oscars, he's still eligible to be nominated for Best Actor for this project.

On the red carpet Wednesday, he told Extra, "This is definitely a freedom movie … the power of faith, the power of family. It's history, but I think it captures it in a way that feels modern… It's not 'eat your vegetables'… It's a real cinematic spectacle."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36December 2, 2022 11:43 PM

Creepy ass family.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1December 2, 2022 3:20 AM

I've reverted to my original opinion of him from The DJ Jazzy Jeff days when I believed he was an unbearable, arrogant prick and sticking with it for good this time.

by Anonymousreply 2December 2, 2022 3:21 AM

I can't believe this much press showed up for his crappy premiere.

Fuck all of them!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3December 2, 2022 3:21 AM

Playing up the Alopecia angle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4December 2, 2022 3:21 AM

Jada looks like one of the zombies from I Am Legend in the photo R1 posted

by Anonymousreply 5December 2, 2022 3:22 AM

Jada, the no-neck look does not work when one has a big old cue ball for a head.

by Anonymousreply 6December 2, 2022 3:23 AM

Sorry to contradict you, op. Smith is obligated to promote this project. Unfortunately no one cares about the project and only wants to discuss his public meltdown.

by Anonymousreply 7December 2, 2022 3:25 AM

[quote]he admitted he "lost it" on Oscars night, blaming years of bottled emotions, dating back to his childhood witnessing his father abusing his mother.

Oh, please. He reacted the way he reacted because he saw the night as his coronation, and Rock had the temerity to make a joke at the expense of his wife. Rock also made a joke at the expense of married nominees Penélope Cruz and Javier Bardem, and (like the GI Jane joke) it wasn't a very good one, but they politely chuckled and smiled it off. Because they're professionals and adults.

by Anonymousreply 8December 2, 2022 3:26 AM

What an attractive family.

by Anonymousreply 9December 2, 2022 3:28 AM

Bottled emotions? Pissy drunk?

by Anonymousreply 10December 2, 2022 3:30 AM

On Trevor Noah show = "Daddy beat Mommy".... "My 9 year old nephew asked me why I hit that man"....(((insert fake tears))))

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11December 2, 2022 3:31 AM

A CUCK AND BALDY story

by Anonymousreply 12December 2, 2022 3:34 AM

Ditto R2 especially in light of his phony performance in R11’s clip

by Anonymousreply 13December 2, 2022 3:40 AM

Black privilege.

by Anonymousreply 14December 2, 2022 3:45 AM

Another unnecessary racist comment

by Anonymousreply 15December 2, 2022 3:46 AM

Willow looks evil. Jaden looks medicated.... Jada looks conniving... and Will has that perpetually fake and dumb smile plastered on his face.

The only normal one is Trey, and that's because someone else raised him.

by Anonymousreply 16December 2, 2022 3:52 AM

R15 Guess what? We can laugh about racism. We can poke at claims of racism. We can laugh at racists' stupidity. No words and thoughts are taboo. Fragile is no way to go through life.

by Anonymousreply 17December 2, 2022 3:55 AM

Adams Family

by Anonymousreply 18December 2, 2022 3:58 AM

Mel Gibson did worse

by Anonymousreply 19December 2, 2022 3:59 AM

That's fucking embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 20December 2, 2022 4:01 AM

Mel Gibson also basically lays low, does his crazy thing, and doesn't ask for mainstream acceptance.

by Anonymousreply 21December 2, 2022 4:02 AM

I think Willow looks fierce ! I like her music too. The rest of them i couldnt care less about.

by Anonymousreply 22December 2, 2022 4:11 AM

"Mel Gibson also basically lays low, does his crazy thing, and doesn't ask for mainstream acceptance."

Because he expects mainsteam acceptance as a privileged white man.

I think it's hilarious that you're comparing these two and think one of them comes out ahead.

BTW, Gibson still works. His movies are straight to streaming kind of affairs but he's still working.

Is Smith? He's obligated to do this. There's way too much money on the line and I'm sure if this movie has any kind of success he'll be forgiven sooner rather than later.

But if not, at some point Smith'll be doing straight to streaming shit as well.

Personally, I'd rather never hear about either of these assholes again.

by Anonymousreply 23December 2, 2022 5:11 AM

Mark Wahlberg is a large part of why Mel Gibson still works. Over and over again he keeps propping up Gibson with jobs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24December 2, 2022 6:08 AM

[quote] Because he expects mainsteam acceptance as a privileged white man.

R23 Gibson is well aware that Jew hatred is culturally entrenched in the US, and there is little social censure for publicly spewing Jew hatred. That he has no worries public ostracism or employment. In this instance, neither privilege nor race play a part.

Smith knows that his violent actions will be socially excused, rationalized and justified. That he will continue to have employment opportunities and public visibility. In this instance, both privilege and race play a part.

by Anonymousreply 25December 2, 2022 7:15 AM

reviews are in the 50% on rotten tomatoes

A real slap in the face you could say.

by Anonymousreply 26December 2, 2022 7:28 AM

Hollywood has never looked more sincere!

by Anonymousreply 27December 2, 2022 10:28 AM

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 28December 2, 2022 6:24 PM

Fuck him.

Fuck her.

And fuck the two younger self-proclaimed geniuses.

As for the eldest, I don't know her.

$cio trash.

by Anonymousreply 29December 2, 2022 6:34 PM

R29 you’ve managed to capture the essence of DL

by Anonymousreply 30December 2, 2022 9:11 PM

Jada is quite tiny....and she's wearing heels in that photo.

by Anonymousreply 31December 2, 2022 9:16 PM

Did Jada parachute into that shot?

by Anonymousreply 32December 2, 2022 9:20 PM

He should be in prison.

by Anonymousreply 33December 2, 2022 9:24 PM

Balda looks like an evil little garden gnome.

by Anonymousreply 34December 2, 2022 9:38 PM

I would have been mad, too, and punched a guy on international television, validating racial stereotypes that still feed racism, if someone made a joke about MY wife being balled.

Presumably by her girlfriend's fat white fist.

by Anonymousreply 35December 2, 2022 10:28 PM

He should be in prison or on probation.

by Anonymousreply 36December 2, 2022 11:43 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!