Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Left-Wing Voices Are Silenced on Twitter as Far-Right Trolls Advise Elon Musk

ELON MUSK CLAIMS to be “fighting for free speech in America” but the social network’s new owner appears to be overseeing a purge of left-wing activists from the platform.

Several prominent antifascist organizers and journalists have had their accounts suspended in the past week, after right-wing operatives appealed directly to Musk to ban them and far-right internet trolls flooded Twitter’s complaints system with false reports about terms of service violations.

As the Los Angeles City Councilmember Mike Bonin noted on Twitter, the suspended users include Chad Loder, an antifascist researcher whose open-source investigation of the U.S. Capitol riot led to the identification and arrest of a masked Proud Boy who attacked police officers. The account of video journalist Vishal Pratap Singh, who reports on far-right protests in Southern California, has also been suspended.

Among the other prominent accounts suspended were the Elm Fork John Brown Gun Club, an antifascist group that provides armed security for LGBTQ+ events in North Texas, and CrimethInc, an anarchist collective that has published and distributed anarchist and anti-authoritarian zines, books, posters, and podcasts since the mid-1990s.

All four accounts had been singled out for criticism by Andy Ngo, a far-right writer whose conspiratorial, error-riddled reporting on left-wing protests and social movements fuels the mass delusion that a handful of small antifascist groups are part of an imaginary shadow army called “antifa.” In a public exchange on Twitter on Friday, Musk invited Ngo to report “Antifa accounts” that should be suspended directly to him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71December 3, 2022 6:00 AM

Well, that is totally surprising!!

Not.

by Anonymousreply 1December 2, 2022 12:56 AM

I'm shocked!

by Anonymousreply 2December 2, 2022 12:57 AM

Bull shit. This biased reporting on Musk has become tired and obvious.

The far left had captured twitter and much of the internet media and they can't stand that now they can't control Twitter.

People who threaten others - and I mean threaten and not misgender - and coordinate their violence via twitter (which is what Antifa and TRAs openly do) are going to be gone. Good riddance,

by Anonymousreply 3December 2, 2022 12:59 AM

Take your delusional verbal diarrhea back to Truth Social, Rumble, Gab, Daily Stormer or whatever right wing shit sewer you crawled out from, R3.

by Anonymousreply 4December 2, 2022 1:01 AM

Absolutely, R3.

OP, your high indignation is silly.

by Anonymousreply 5December 2, 2022 1:24 AM

Oh, a sock puppet!! What is this, a right wing Punch and Judy show?

by Anonymousreply 6December 2, 2022 1:26 AM

[quote]R3: Bull shit. This biased reporting on Musk has become tired and obvious.

STFU, Andy.

by Anonymousreply 7December 2, 2022 2:37 PM

Should I be surprised I already have 3 on ignore?

by Anonymousreply 8December 2, 2022 3:01 PM

R4, I guess we can add Twitter to that list now.

by Anonymousreply 9December 2, 2022 3:02 PM

[quote] Among the other prominent accounts suspended were the Elm Fork John Brown Gun Club, an antifascist group that provides armed security for LGBTQ+ events in North Texas

I don’t know about the Texas branch, but the John Brown Gun Club was patrolling the Seattle autonomous zone in 2020 where multiple people were shot and killed by makeshift “police” over the span of a few days.

by Anonymousreply 10December 2, 2022 3:02 PM

Nazis are flocking back to Twitter as anti-fascists are being banned.

So much for free speech.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11December 2, 2022 6:02 PM

This post here is just Left wing propaganda. Stay strong, people

by Anonymousreply 12December 2, 2022 6:07 PM

Lost on your way to Truth Social, retard @R12?

by Anonymousreply 13December 2, 2022 6:10 PM

Andy Ngô is fighting cancel culture by… getting Twitter accounts cancelled.

OK then.

by Anonymousreply 14December 2, 2022 6:12 PM

Sad last days... 😂

by Anonymousreply 15December 2, 2022 6:14 PM

Maybe one of the fascist trolls could explain what “crime” Chad Loder is guilty of.

by Anonymousreply 16December 2, 2022 6:15 PM

r16 He posted about Ngo's friendship with convicted pedophiles:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17December 2, 2022 6:53 PM

"Elon Musk has unbanned the guy who runs The Daily Stormer"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18December 2, 2022 7:00 PM

You're telling me that Elon Musk might be a white supremacist?? You don't say!

by Anonymousreply 19December 2, 2022 7:02 PM

Kanye also got suspended again for posting a swaztika today.

by Anonymousreply 20December 2, 2022 7:12 PM

R11, you have the freedom to call everyone who disagrees with you a “nazi.”

If you don’t like it, then try living in Russia or China or North Korea or Iran.

by Anonymousreply 21December 2, 2022 7:27 PM

If it'll bring about Musk's doom any quicker I'm all for it.

by Anonymousreply 22December 2, 2022 7:29 PM

[quote] you have the freedom to call everyone who disagrees with you a “nazi.”

Why are you embarrassed by that swastika armband you're wearing and being a delicate snowflake about it? If it fits, you're a Nazi, simple as that. Wear your chosen label as a badge of (dis)honor.

by Anonymousreply 23December 2, 2022 7:33 PM

The people shrieking about Elon Musk and his acquisition of Twitter NOW are the same ones who said Twitter was under no legal obligation to permit free speech or encourage diversity of opinion BEFORE. Now that a few cracks are finally appearing in their precious, ideological echo chamber, they’re losing their goddamned minds, lol!

I, for one, won’t miss a few, silly Antifa accounts whose contribution to meaningful discourse amounts to little more than, “Put the fash against the wall after you curb stomp them!” Good riddance. They’re an embarrassment to grownup liberals anyway.

by Anonymousreply 24December 2, 2022 7:33 PM

How to tell us you're alt-right, R24, without telling us you're alt-right.

"Liberals"? Yeah, and I'm the Queen of Japan.

by Anonymousreply 25December 2, 2022 7:36 PM

Replies like R24 are fucking hilarious. "Antifa?" Seriously? You're not a "liberal."

by Anonymousreply 26December 2, 2022 7:43 PM

"Can you buy Twitter and then delete it, please!? xx" Riley allegedly texted Musk on March 24. "America is going INSANE"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27December 2, 2022 7:49 PM

[quote]The people shrieking about Elon Musk and his acquisition of Twitter NOW are the same ones who said Twitter was under no legal obligation to permit free speech or encourage diversity of opinion BEFORE

Even if so, these people would be totally correct, as nobody is insisting that Musk is now LEGALLY OBLIGED to allow left-wing accounts. That's not the criticism that is being made -- it's that he's a liar and a hypocrite. He bought Twitter under the promise of turning it into a free speech square, not the Proud Boys' playground.

by Anonymousreply 28December 2, 2022 7:53 PM

But we don't exist.

BOO!

Colorado Springs Anti-Fascists @COSAntiFascists

@NYCAntifa

@TorchAntifa

@afainatl

@IGD_News

@CVAgainstFash

@RoseCityAntifa

@COMutualAid

@FrontRangeAFA

centraloregonantifascist.noblogs.org

Berkeley Antifa @berkeleyantifa

Antifa Sacramento @AntifaSac_

ANTIFA Philadelphia @PhillyANTIFA

DC Antifascist Action @DC_AFA

Miami Against Fascism @MIAagainstFash

PNW Youth Liberation Front, Antifa’s youth organization

An Antifa activist from North Carolina on free speech:

“The idea that freedom of speech is the most important thing that we can protect can only be held by someone who thinks that life is analogous to a debate hall. In my opinion, ‘no platforming’ fascists often infringes (sic) upon their speech, but this infringement is justified for its role in the political struggle against fascism.”

Antifa aka Marxists do not value free speech or the First Amendment and they never will. Free Speech exposes them for what they are: totalitarian nazis who want to impose a Marxist ideology on the US and other countries.

If you haven't figured this out by now then you are a full-blown idiot. Or as they call it, a useful idiot.

by Anonymousreply 29December 2, 2022 8:02 PM

Blah,blah,blah

by Anonymousreply 30December 2, 2022 8:07 PM

To be honest , I agree with Musk . If you're tweets aren't criminal in content or outright inciting violence (and no , misgendering someone is not literal genocide) then I don't see a reason to kick somebody off twitter .

by Anonymousreply 31December 2, 2022 8:07 PM

[quote] I agree with Musk . If you're tweets aren't criminal in content or outright inciting violence (and no , misgendering someone is not literal genocide) then I don't see a reason to kick somebody off twitter

WTF are you babbling about? Musk is suspending accounts over their speech.

[quote]In a public exchange on Twitter on Friday, Musk invited Ngo to report “Antifa accounts” that should be suspended directly to him.

What's your angle, R31? You seem a bit full of shit when it comes to actual facts.

by Anonymousreply 32December 2, 2022 8:10 PM

Twitter has lost 50 of its top 100 advertisers since Elon Musk took over, report says

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33December 2, 2022 8:10 PM

I support free speech just like Musk. Free speech for Nazis and other fascists. Leftist and Antifa should be banned immediately. That's freedom of speech.

by Anonymousreply 34December 2, 2022 8:11 PM

Twitter is not only reinstating Nazi accounts, it's also telling people to go follow them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35December 2, 2022 8:27 PM

You know why R24 and the other trolls like it are such fucking morons? Musk is the one who claimed to be all about "absolute free speech" and he is now proving that was BULLSHIT just like every other fucking thing about the right-wing assholes who shriek about "censorship," meanwhile, it's fucking REPUBLICAN governors enforcing censorship in their states.

Twitter never claimed to be about "absolute free speech" and they always had their own set of rules. You never had a right to a god damned twitter account nor did you have a right to say whatever the fuck you wanted, yet Muskrat is the asshole who came along and claimed he believed in a free-for-all. So you're a fucking imbecile for not comprehending why he has been called out.

Is it that your head is so far-right up your own ass you can't see that it's his glaring hypocrisy being called out?

by Anonymousreply 36December 2, 2022 8:45 PM

Don't use the platform. The platform is being deleted by the owner as he's been told to.

by Anonymousreply 37December 2, 2022 8:48 PM

[quote]How to tell us you're alt-right, [R24], without telling us you're alt-right.

He tipped his hand at "Antifa."

by Anonymousreply 38December 2, 2022 9:17 PM

That's the thing, R38 - they reveal themselves too quickly and too easily. It takes all the fun out of toying with them.

by Anonymousreply 39December 2, 2022 9:28 PM

Always been like this.

My account was perm banned during the 2016 election for defending myself against a death threat. And yet their account is still active.

Ive tried to appeal it and they say no everytime stating I was involved in targeted harassment.

by Anonymousreply 40December 2, 2022 9:32 PM

R14 that shake he was hit with years ago should of been a brick or five

by Anonymousreply 41December 2, 2022 9:35 PM

R14 that shake he was hit with years ago should of been a brick or five

by Anonymousreply 42December 2, 2022 9:35 PM

R25 You can believe it or not, but I’m a machine Democrat, hometown Chicago, who voted a straight D ballot in the midterms. Also voted for bond initiatives to support seniors, libraries and schools because I’m a bit of a bleeding heart that way.

And you may be a queen, but not of Japan. They have an Empress, ma'am.

R26 But I “identify” as a Democrat! Who are you to deny my lived experience? That’s EXACTLY what a far-right, nazi fascist would do!

R28 I’m no Elon fan boi, but the people pitching hissy fits about him are “totally correct” about hardly anything. They’re just butthurt they won’t be able to silence and banish their Twitter critics quite so easily anymore.

I ask you, do you really believe Musk’s ultimate goal is turn Twitter into a cesspool of white supremacy, homophobia and neo-fascism? REALLY? Because according to the Twitter-addled, self-righteous, crybully brigade? He already has…

R36 Maybe try not to use so many variations of “fuck” in your posts? Your socks are showing. Don't you ever get tired of talking to yourself?

by Anonymousreply 43December 2, 2022 10:31 PM

So, r43, are you OK with Andy Ngô directly telling Elon Musk to cancel certain accounts belonging to HIS critics?

by Anonymousreply 44December 2, 2022 10:38 PM

R31 is a Russian cunt troll.

by Anonymousreply 45December 2, 2022 10:44 PM

The trollina @R43, cleared her cookies or is using a VPN. As we said, you showed us your hand WAY too early. And, the usual: the lady doth protest too much, methinks.

by Anonymousreply 46December 2, 2022 10:44 PM

[quote][R36] Maybe try not to use so many variations of “fuck” in your posts? Your socks are showing. Don't you ever get tired of talking to yourself?

You're a typical, deflecting coward. You can't actually respond to the actual criticism of Musk. You said something very stupid and can't defend it. You're using Twitter's old policies to defend Musk's glaring hypocrisy when it comes to "free speech"

"Fuck you" is all you deserve.

by Anonymousreply 47December 2, 2022 10:50 PM

I very much doubt that Kanye’s suspension will be permanent.

by Anonymousreply 48December 2, 2022 10:52 PM

Well, at least the trolls no longer use that old chestnut: "A lifelong Democrat here, voted for Hillary and Obama (twice!) BUT", followed by some basic right wing talking points.

by Anonymousreply 49December 2, 2022 10:54 PM

R44 I imagine Elon Musk is hearing an onslaught of appeals right now from people who feel they were wrongly suspended by Twitter under the previous management. I've personally witnessed countless smart, entertaining, perfectly reasonable people banned over the years just because they asked hard questions or failed to properly toe the party line.

Not too familiar with Ngô or his Twitter enemies. The guiding principle should probably be: tolerate offensive speech, ban incitement to violence.

by Anonymousreply 50December 2, 2022 10:58 PM

[quote] Not too familiar with Ngô or his Twitter enemies.

Sure, Jan.

by Anonymousreply 51December 2, 2022 11:03 PM

There is a core group of people on the left and the right who live their lives on Twitter and they all tend to know each other and spend all their time beefing with each other.

If I use Twitter on my phone and don't click on the "Explore" tab I don't see any of that crap -- just my usual feed which is non-political.

On a browser it's much tougher as the "What's Happening" crap which is all about Nazis and Hunter and Elon and all other sorts of insanity is front and center.

by Anonymousreply 52December 2, 2022 11:08 PM

I think it's time for Elon's mommy to take him home...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53December 2, 2022 11:17 PM

[quote][R36] Maybe try not to use so many variations of “fuck” in your posts? Your socks are showing. Don't you ever get tired of talking to yourself?

So you take issue with someone using "fuck," but bigots and racists should be allowed to run amok.

It's interesting where you seem to take issue with words. I'm sure if I endlessly agreed with your hypocrisy and used "fuck," in doing so, you wouldn't point out my use of the word.

by Anonymousreply 54December 2, 2022 11:22 PM

[quote]R50: Not too familiar with Ngô or his Twitter enemies. The guiding principle should probably be: tolerate offensive speech, ban incitement to violence.

Really? Then Andy Ngô should be banned.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55December 3, 2022 1:03 AM

R54 Not at all. Where are you getting that? The clever and judicious use of profanity can be a joy to behold!

My “issue” is the Twitter obsessive whose limited vocabulary and juvenile writing style make his various sock puppets almost instantly recognizable. Stupid fuck needs to go outside and touch grass instead of shitting up the DataLounge with his weird Elon Musk fixation everyday.

by Anonymousreply 56December 3, 2022 1:28 AM

[quote]Stupid fuck needs to go outside and touch grass instead of shitting up the DataLounge with his weird Elon Musk fixation everyday.

Yes, that would certainly turn him into a reasonable person.

by Anonymousreply 57December 3, 2022 1:40 AM

Didn't DL predict Twitter would go from one extreme to the other? From banning people for stating that men aren't women ("transphobic violence") to pro right wing nonsense under Musk, it seems they never get it right. I can't even view posts past a certain point on Twitter without logging in anyway so I gave up on it years ago.

by Anonymousreply 58December 3, 2022 2:06 AM

R41, wtf is wrong with you? How to show you're a POS without a full confession.

[quote] So, [R43], are you OK with Andy Ngô directly telling Elon Musk to cancel certain accounts belonging to HIS critics?

He didn't do that. Musk said he would delete accounts coordinating violent attacks and inciting violence. Musk asked for examples of those accounts and that behavior on Twitter. Ngo showed Musk accounts that did exactly that. Antifa has been using Twitter to coordinate violent actions and attacks on people and places for years. Twitter is one of their venues for organizing.

We get rightfully angry here when the Ts lie about gay history and the gay rights movement. Why is it okay to lie about other things? Stop revising history, even recent history.

by Anonymousreply 59December 3, 2022 2:10 AM

If the people behind the banned accounts have been involved with violence, as alleged, they deserve to be banned.

by Anonymousreply 60December 3, 2022 2:20 AM

R55 Read the article you posted. Don’t really want to get into the finer points of political street brawling in Portland because 1) I don’t care about it and 2) see #1.

Your article contained no direct evidence that Ngô has ever encouraged anyone on Twitter to commit violent acts, just accusations that his rhetoric is inflammatory. It did however state, “Ngo [sic] made headlines in mid-2019 after getting viciously attacked by Antifa at a protest in Portland, Oregon.” That’s a verbatim quote.

Oddly enough, the attack on Andy Ngô is the only reason I know his name! If it had never happened, I would probably still be blissfully unaware of him.

by Anonymousreply 61December 3, 2022 3:16 AM

Andy Ngo is a lying piece of shit who should be whipped in public.

by Anonymousreply 62December 3, 2022 3:18 AM

Another sock puppet/VPN? You're really persistent.

by Anonymousreply 63December 3, 2022 3:18 AM

[quote]Musk said he would delete accounts coordinating violent attacks and inciting violence.

Chad Loder, for example, never did any such thing. He was posting about Twitter's security breach at the time he was banned. That's why he was banned.

by Anonymousreply 64December 3, 2022 3:42 AM

Chad Loder is also a sedition hunter, helping authorities track down violent 1/6 seditionists. Maybe that’s why Ngô told Musq to ban him.

by Anonymousreply 65December 3, 2022 3:59 AM

Yeah, Chad seems like a charmer, alright. They is a real gentleman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66December 3, 2022 4:35 AM

Ashli Babbitt broke into the U.S. Capitol during an attempted coup d’etat.

She deserved what she got.

by Anonymousreply 67December 3, 2022 4:40 AM

r66, your "free speech but not for people I don't like" stance is duly noted.

by Anonymousreply 68December 3, 2022 4:48 AM

She had a hot ass, but she couldn’t live forever.

My loss.

by Anonymousreply 69December 3, 2022 4:55 AM

^^I’m obviously I’m the wrong room. I’ll myself out.

by Anonymousreply 70December 3, 2022 4:56 AM

R68 What are you on about? If Chad (lol) really is innocent of organizing illegal activity via Twitter, then Musk made a mistake and they’s account should be reinstated immediately!

This may come as a shock, but people like me - who genuinely believe that free speech is essential to democracy - actually want fools like Chad to keep on running their mouths. It can take some time, but eventually they pile up the bullshit so high that only their most devoted sycophants will continue to deny the stench. Just look at what happened to Donald Trump!

For whatever reasons, some posters in this thread want to present Chad Loder as a blameless and upstanding citizen. Let’s just say…I still have my doubts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71December 3, 2022 6:00 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!