Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Boston Is Really Mad That the Royals Are Visiting: " I Didn't Invite These People"

Prince William and Princess Catherine have been looking quite at home while on their trip to Boston for their Earthshot Prize Awards—having stepped out looking radiant in coordinating suits and given a glimpse at their sweet chemistry while watching a Boston Celtics game courtside. But as happy as they seem to be on their visit, residents are apparently not so happy to have them.

While some in Somerville, Massachusetts, are appreciative of the fact that the British royals will bring some positive attention to Greentown Labs, an incubator for startups aiming to tackle the climate crisis with tech-fueled innovation, they are also annoyed about the inconveniences the Wales' visit will cause for the city—traffic, for example.

A main concern on the social channels is how difficult it will allegedly be for residents to get to their local grocery store Market Basket, located on Somerville Ave. A block of the avenue, from Dane Street to School Street, will be blocked during William and Kate's visit to the area today, according to an email city officials sent to residents on Wednesday, The Boston Globe reported.

Both directions of travel, the sidewalks, and parking will also be closed to the public, and the MBTA’s route 87 bus will be temporarily rerouted, the city reportedly said, adding that the move was made "to accommodate security measures for the British Royal visit."

A spokesperson for Market Basket said the store will remain open, with access from the Union Square side, per the Globe. But even the Somerville city councilor is outraged at the possibility of having one entrance to the local supermarket temporarily, partially blocked for the royals' historic visit—their first to the U.S. since 2014.

"Hey, did you know that the royal family is visiting Ward 2 tomorrow? Yeah, me neither until I read it in the press," City Councilor Jefferson Thomas Scott wrote on Twitter yesterday upon the royals' arrival in Boston.

"I didn't invite these people and was unaware of this visit until you found out too," he added. "The City is not handling the Prince and Princess of Wales' itinerary, so the times of these transits and closures ending is unknown."

Scott additionally pointed out that he wasn't sure how many "lookie-loos" the royals would draw, and advised locals to avoid the area where the prince and princess will be altogether. "Also unknown is the number of lookie-loos. I've heard no estimates, but it might draw a crowd. (I hope not.)," he wrote.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105December 5, 2022 5:30 AM

Tee Hee.

by Anonymousreply 1December 2, 2022 12:10 AM

BOOOOO!!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2December 2, 2022 12:18 AM

Jefferson Thomas Scott. What a boor, what a cretin. Oh, didn't you invite them, Jefferson Thomas Scott? The next time we have foreign visitors we'll make sure to consult you, you completely insignificant nonentity.

by Anonymousreply 3December 2, 2022 12:46 AM

Oh Jesus, fucking relax. Yeah, I understand the inconvenience but they sound like babies.

by Anonymousreply 4December 2, 2022 12:59 AM

And yet they'd not bat an eye if all this was happening for Tom Brady. Well, you get the point.

by Anonymousreply 5December 2, 2022 1:18 AM

Of course they are. The US is not Britain. These people should go back to where they came from. They're not wanted here. We don't need these anachronisms taking up space and disrupting lives over here. Go back to London where you belong.

by Anonymousreply 6December 2, 2022 1:21 AM

Throw them in the harbor!

by Anonymousreply 7December 2, 2022 2:43 AM

Bostonians have always been considered pretentious trash. They are living upto their well earned reputation.

by Anonymousreply 8December 2, 2022 11:51 AM

Over the years, posters who live in NYC have complained about unexpected closings due to movie shoots, various dignitaries, who knows why, etc., so even though it's annoyance, NYers can roll with it. I can see being annoyed by the inconvenience, but I guess Boston can't handle this kind of stuff like NYers. Plus, if it was visiting political leaders, the usual suspects would come out of the wood work with their "Lets Go Brandon" signs, but what do you do to act rude and belligerent to royals that won't get you thrown in the slammer? Throw tea in the bay again?

by Anonymousreply 9December 2, 2022 11:58 AM

Why won’t William just go bald? He looks like a buffoon by eventuating the fact he’s balding.

by Anonymousreply 10December 2, 2022 12:06 PM

What were those idiots thinking going to Boston?

Boston is the cradle of the American Revolution against the ENGLISH, and has the largest Irish population in the United States. Good Lord, they’re only here in the US because the ENGLISH starved and oppressed them out of Ireland! Then they went to a #BostonCeltics game! Also IRISH!

Then they went to a BLACK CHURCH, and got read for filth by a BLACK WOMAN PREACHER about the history of colonialism, racism, and all their family’s crimes against humanity. What did they think would happen?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11December 2, 2022 12:10 PM

William and Kate are so cheesy and BLATANTLY fake as fuck. Going to a black church. As if they give a shit about black people. That minister saw them for what they are, fake phonies.

We have our own problems in America. We don't need these two clowns coming here and involving themselves in anything racial. They have another trip planned in America next year. This was enough.

Again, we have our own problems in America. We don't need them bringing their damned soap opera over here. They've spread so much hate in their own country. They need to leave America out of this.

Those two trouble makers should be going to Wales. Those two cunts are now the Prince & Princess of Wales and couldn't even be bothered to give a send off to Wales football (soccer) players when they went to the World Cup playoffs. William was too busy giving a nice send off to the English players.

by Anonymousreply 12December 2, 2022 12:19 PM

I get you R12, but Bostonians still sound like babies.

by Anonymousreply 13December 2, 2022 1:07 PM

[quote]if it was visiting political leaders, the usual suspects would come out of the wood work with their "Lets Go Brandon" signs

Do you know anything about Boston? It's hardly a Trumper bastion. You sound confused.

Americans don't want these people in our country. They're parasites, and don't belong here, draining our resources and upending our lives so they can go on some stupid tour that accomplished nothing and certainly does no good for the average American. They're self-centered celebrities with a PR agenda, nothing more. Keep that shit in the UK, we don't need it here.

by Anonymousreply 14December 2, 2022 1:09 PM

R11 My husband and I discussed this last night. I'm three quarters Irish American. Some of my family were starved to death by England during the Irish Potato Famine. Others were chased out of Ireland before it became independent for fighting for said Irish independence. All of my family came over into Boston Harbor. When I heard the Earthshot awards were going to be presented in Boston, I just shook my head. They couldn't have picked a worse place for William and Kate to be. I stopped reading your twitter post when it got too "sugary" but the first part of it absolutely made sense. Boston is a perfect blend of the Irish, who have their reasons for hating Britain, and the "my fourth great grandfather fought a revolution to get rid of these people". Stevie Wonder could have seen this coming.

by Anonymousreply 15December 2, 2022 1:23 PM

[quote]And yet they'd not bat an eye if all this was happening for Tom Brady. Well, you get the point.

It's not the same thing and you know it. William and Kate are not American and are not really foreign dignitaries on line with the King or the Prime Minister. They really shouldn't be getting any kind of special treatment, like road closures and special treatment.

by Anonymousreply 16December 2, 2022 1:31 PM

OP = Another Faux "Black" Princess

by Anonymousreply 17December 2, 2022 1:32 PM

Can't blame them for being pissed about the inconvenience these fairly non-important people are causing.

by Anonymousreply 18December 2, 2022 4:40 PM

Note to self: Never visit another black church ever again.

by Anonymousreply 19December 2, 2022 6:23 PM

Banned in Boston..

by Anonymousreply 20December 2, 2022 7:25 PM

I’m neutral with all these people, but it seems like the media is trying to do a hatchet job on their visit. The DM, who I thought was pro RF, was spinning really negative stories. Booing at a sporting event and complaining about traffic seems like par for the course.

by Anonymousreply 21December 2, 2022 7:33 PM

Did anybody find it off that they were traveling their way through Boston at the same time as Macron and wife were having a state dinner at the White House and they were not invited? Isn’t that awkward timing?

I don’t mean to say they should be invited to a French themed event, I mean why wander aimlessly around Boston at the exact same time as a VIP event at the WH. It’s kind of distracting. In the past, when Charles was PoW and Diana was his wife, the couple themselves were invited to the WH. These two seem kind of second class in comparison. Did I miss something? Haven’t been keeping up with this.

Just the fact that they are recently named Prince and Princess of Wales might be worth a fuss, it seems. But these two have a talent for bad time and place.

by Anonymousreply 22December 2, 2022 8:27 PM

Apparently they did meet Biden briefly in Boston.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23December 2, 2022 8:30 PM

William was a layover on the way to a fundraiser. What an honor!

by Anonymousreply 24December 2, 2022 8:33 PM

R21, the British press is infamous for ravaging the royals and has been for decades, well before Diana ever came on the scene. Prince Philip hated the media. It's hilarious and beyond ironic to see Megstans slam the British press for supposedly hounding Meghan on behalf of the royal family, when the British press has always hounded the royal family.

This doesn't mean the press is against the institution of the royal family or that it's republican. The press simply sees the royals as a good source of gossip and clickbait. The royals are an easy target.

by Anonymousreply 25December 3, 2022 11:40 AM

R22, that the Earthshot event and Macron's state visit were on at around the same time is a matter of scheduling. Macron was on a state visit to the US, with the focus on French-US relations. Why on earth should the future UK head of state be invited to an event the purpose of which is to underline French-US relations? Why the fuck should William and Kate go to Washington when the point of their trip to the US is specifically to be in Boston, where the Earthshot prize winners are being announced? Especially as Biden was also going to Boston anyway.

by Anonymousreply 26December 3, 2022 11:50 AM

Nice try OP.

This was a desperate attempt to offset what the cameras clearly showed: a rapturous reception, excited crowds, a star-studded gala, Biden, JFK's daughter and her children . . .

And by the way, they WERE invited. The Prince and Princess of Eales don't just drop in. The entire programme is planned on advance with the approval of the US State Deparyment down to the municipal governments of small cities and towns.

The title of the piece alone shows ignorance and a petulant attempt to suggest wrongdoing

Next time the author of the piece visits Britain, someone shoukd ask who invited them.

In the case of the Walses, there is a ready answer that OP and the person who asked the question somehow overlooked:

The United States State Department

The Governor of Massachusetts

The Mayor of Boston

Harvard University

And the municipal fathers of Simerville, MA.

That clear it up?

by Anonymousreply 27December 3, 2022 11:59 AM

^*Wales (not Eales)

And

Somerville (not Simervale)

by Anonymousreply 28December 3, 2022 12:00 PM

It’s weird to me their environmental awards are not held in Commonwealth countries. Why not Canada?

by Anonymousreply 29December 3, 2022 12:06 PM

R22 No, actually.

In case you forgot, this was all supposed to happen earlier and then the Queen died.

And surprisingly, it is quite possible for a government the size of America's to greet two foreign dignitaries within a few days DC and Boston are not on opposite sides of North America. And Biden spent no more than half an hour on the entire matter.

It's really not anyone's fault that the Walses are a tad more glamorous to focus on than Macron or that the Queen died . . .

Maybe the Sussexes, in making sure the eyes of the world were riveted on bow the Walses carried themselves under the shadow of the Sussex's malicious timing, was really in cahoots with Britain's Foreign Office and the ENTIRE THING WAS A PLOT TO SCREW US-FRENCH RELATIONS!!!!!

Yeah, that must be it.

by Anonymousreply 30December 3, 2022 12:10 PM

r29, Exactly...with so many commonwealth countries to choose from - why go to Boston of all places for their bullshit awards? Just ridiculous! Go home!

by Anonymousreply 31December 3, 2022 12:10 PM

R31 Jesus. Because the US wanted to be associated with a high level project like this and there Americans amongst the winners?!

What are you, twelve?!

This was all done in tandem with your very own fucking eagerly participating State Department.

Grow the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 32December 3, 2022 12:18 PM

[Quote]This was all done in tandem with your very own fucking eagerly participating State Department.

Aha! We've found the culprits. The White House banquet for Macron was also kind of an embarrassing mess.

by Anonymousreply 33December 3, 2022 12:23 PM

R11, it was good that they went to that church. They’re going to have a greater understanding of true black culture in the US versus media narrative.

by Anonymousreply 34December 3, 2022 12:30 PM

Boston is a heavily populated and congested city already. They don’t have the grid street system of NY. It highly negatively impacts citizens ability to get somewhere. Much of the MBTA is above ground in the street further Impacting the issue. It’s a tough city to drive through and around already....not babies but highly stressed. Plus not admirers of RF. They are accepted but not many care or stand in line for celebrities.

by Anonymousreply 35December 3, 2022 12:34 PM

Aww...HB is one of Meghans go to PR outlets. Hehe. We see your jealousy Rachel!

by Anonymousreply 36December 3, 2022 12:46 PM

Since there is a clear tie in between the Earthshot Prize and the JFK speech containing the challenge to put a man on the moon and return him safely before the decade (1960s), having the 2nd year of the awards scheduled for Boston made complete sense.

That, together with the support of the JFK Library for the Earthshot Prize.

From what I've read, this initiative is a very positive one and should be something that is respected and encouraged.

And yet, too much of the press coverage seemed to focus on the superficial publicity during the Wales' visit.

Too bad.

Not enough focus on the importance of supporting and encouraging those who are actually working on finding ways to help our planet recover from the damage we have done.

by Anonymousreply 37December 3, 2022 1:11 PM

Earthshot was 100% successful, with crowds turning out in pouring rain and wziting for hours. More congrats to the winners (and loved seeing Princess Di's enerald necklace)!

by Anonymousreply 38December 3, 2022 1:16 PM

I love mouth breathers like R31 who think positive environmental efforts are "bullshit awards." Oh well..

by Anonymousreply 39December 3, 2022 1:20 PM

^ should be "return him safely before the decade is over"

by Anonymousreply 40December 3, 2022 1:27 PM

Earthshot is well-intentioned and the overall event was successful. But hosting the event in Boston didn’t require the superficial bullshit that has nothing to do with climate change. William should’ve just co-hosted an event with Caroline Kennedy.

by Anonymousreply 41December 3, 2022 1:32 PM

After the BLM protests Americans recalibrated their ideas about Englishness. Out-of-touch Peggee and Kate show up to "collect prizes" for their history of flying to places in expensive clothing. People who were just indifferent before are now hostile. They want reparations, they're pissed about that Black princess thing. The BRF comes across as a sick bunch of arrogant, perverted grifters. Demanding fealty won't be working in the future here.

by Anonymousreply 42December 3, 2022 1:44 PM

R35 Oh, so where did those packed crowds standing in the pouring rain Wednesday night screaming and cheering when the Waleses appeared come from? Mars?!

Jesus, you people are just DESPERATE to try to tell us that what we saw on camera was an optical illusion.

Boston got in on this because it was a hugely prestigious event with international significance.

Fuck, when the Queen came to NYC (nothing if not a congested area!) in 1977 they reversed traffic on fucking Lexington Avenue - that is FIFTY-NINTH STREET, STRAIGH UP MIDTOWN - to go in the opposite direction so the Queen could exit from her limo curbside outside Bloomingdales, and celebrities were fighting tooth and nail to get invites to the WH dinner.

What planet are you from, Mars? San Francisco isn't congested? Houston isn't congested? Chicago isn't congested

You should see what happens in midtown when Biden comes to the UN.

This juvenile nonsense, and a pathetic attempt to paint Boston as some sort of victim of royal privilege, when in fact warm crowds welcomed the future King and Queen Consort of Great Britain at an internationally important event around climate change that honed Boston's importance.

No matter where they went, this sort of bullshit would have been pulled out of your arse because you fucking hate them and you can't STAND the fact that contrary to people being angry, they were lined up to see them.

The only think William and Kate could do to make you and the mob here happy is to contract fatal cancers and die.

Go back under your slimy rock. Maybe when you grow up something will have occurred to you about international relationships, visiting foreign dignitaries, high-profile uban events that of necessity can't occur in an empty plain, and nonsensical denials of any such realities.

You hate them because they're royal, English, and despite all attempts by the Sussexes, they made a success of the visit, carrying themselves with dignity, charm, and grace, whilst the Sussexes, as one Aussie reviewer put it, released photographs of themselves that looked like nothing so much as a very annoying life insurance ad, and exposed themselves for the spiteful, narcissistic, vengeful, self-obsessed phonies they are.

Eat it.

by Anonymousreply 43December 3, 2022 2:02 PM

[quote]In case you forgot, this was all supposed to happen earlier and then the Queen died

"In case [we] forgot?" Seriously? Americans don"t follow these people. We don't hang on their every word and don't find their every movement and action endlessly fascinating. We aren't interested in them because they hold zero interest for us. They're ridiculous figureheads held in place by mawkish sentimentality and rigid, centuries-stale social norms. Stop assuming everyone shares your weird interest in a silly old British family.

by Anonymousreply 44December 3, 2022 2:16 PM

I have that insane, sad frau on ignore R44. Hard to believe she actually thinks Americans would know the activities of these people.

by Anonymousreply 45December 3, 2022 2:47 PM

R43 LOL. Please continue, fangurl.

by Anonymousreply 46December 3, 2022 2:58 PM

Boston is the Man Baby town I guess. As NY Irish, the Boston Irish sound to me like louts.

I wouldn’t go out and wave or shakes hands with them — they’re just people after all — but for the same reason I would boo them or shout insults at them. Crude, boorish, nosepicking behavior.

by Anonymousreply 47December 3, 2022 3:11 PM

Jesus fucking Christ with the autocorrect!

I WOULDN'T boo them etc.

by Anonymousreply 48December 3, 2022 3:12 PM

I spent 3 1/2 of the most miserable years of my life in Connecticut. I never met such snotty, pretentious assholes (with nothing to be snotty about) in all my life. I always used to tell people, "I didn't leave Connecticut; I ESCAPED." Oh, the stories I could tell! Living there is what prompted me to move to St. Petersburg, FL. I had made up my mind that I wanted to live somewhere that, when I looked out my window, I was absolutely certain I was not in New England.

So my opinion is, what the hell do you expect from New Englanders? As far as I'm concerned, anything north of NYS can drop into the ocean.

by Anonymousreply 49December 3, 2022 3:32 PM

New England is fine, R49. Old England is the one that can fuck off for eternity. You can go with them since you worship them so fervently.

by Anonymousreply 50December 3, 2022 5:31 PM

We already have a bald eagle as our national bird.

by Anonymousreply 51December 3, 2022 5:43 PM

R42 Kate and William flew in on a commercial flight. Her gown at the gala was a $100 rental. The jewellery wasn't bought but dates back to the early 20th century. The choker belonged to Queen Mary, wife of George V.

This is juvenile bullshit

And it's Harry and Meghan whi keep using private jets. In one of their "arty" "true life" photos you can see Meghan crying with a Hermes blanket in the frame.

Let's see you all complain next week when someone representing no one but herself flies into NYC also sporting jewels and gowns - notbto GIVE OUT an award, but to get one . . .

For stabbing the in laws who gave her everything she now has in the back to make her greedy petulant envious arseopk good.

by Anonymousreply 52December 3, 2022 5:49 PM

[quote]r52 For stabbing the in laws who gave her everything she now has in the back

The only positive her racist in-laws posses is their money, so at least she got some benefit, passing through.

If they’d stayed their kids would grow up dodging pens hurled by King Baby, not to mention the racist houndings, so it’s all-in-all safer this way.

by Anonymousreply 53December 3, 2022 5:56 PM

Low IQ there.

by Anonymousreply 54December 3, 2022 6:56 PM

[quote] Living there is what prompted me to move to St. Petersburg, FL.

This poster MUST be commended for their sterling taste in choosing a place to relocate.

by Anonymousreply 55December 3, 2022 7:27 PM

"Living there is what prompted me to move to St. Petersburg, FL."

Are you 80 years old?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56December 3, 2022 8:11 PM

Guess Meghan is bored today. Don't you have some Dollar Store frames to wrap in bubblewrap, dear?

by Anonymousreply 57December 3, 2022 8:18 PM

Boston once again showing itself to be one of the most hateful cities in the country. Boston & Philly are the top two IMO.

by Anonymousreply 58December 3, 2022 8:43 PM

How dare the ro-YALS come to BAH-ston!

by Anonymousreply 59December 3, 2022 9:04 PM

R58 Dataloungia is not far behind at times!

by Anonymousreply 60December 3, 2022 9:05 PM

What is all this weird William and Kate hate and even weirder Boston hate? Who the fuck are you losers?

Boston, as a city, exists on several levels. If you're never invited to the upper levels then you basically don't ever have to deal with them. You may not even know they're there. The thing is, to the people that matter in Boston, it's lovely to have a visit from William and Kate. To the kids at the schools they visit and the projects they support, it's a very nice thing.

They rest of you don't matter.

by Anonymousreply 61December 3, 2022 9:35 PM

The way the BRF trolls always turn it around to Meghan is so telling.

This has *nothing* to do with Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 62December 3, 2022 10:01 PM

What is with all this William and Kate WORSHIP? Fuck off, R61. This isn't RoyalistLounge. It's the royals and their worshipful minions who matter least of all. Congratulations on having your head so far up your ass you worship irrelevant, parasitic anachronisms.

by Anonymousreply 63December 3, 2022 10:04 PM

[quote]Boston, as a city, exists on several levels. If you're never invited to the upper levels then you basically don't ever have to deal with them. You may not even know they're there.

It's very telling that the posters here keep referencing Bostonians as blue-collar Irish louts, as if that's the whole city. As if the entire population of Boston is like the Wahlberg family. Nothing could be further from the truth. There are many different kinds of Bostonians, and a huge number of them have nothing to do with the type of Bostonians that posters here keep referencing.

by Anonymousreply 64December 3, 2022 11:38 PM

r49 the problem wasn't Connecticut, the problem was YOU.

by Anonymousreply 65December 3, 2022 11:39 PM

FFS so many of you Americans are so parochial.

by Anonymousreply 66December 3, 2022 11:45 PM

r66 many are. This is a prestigious international event, that's why William and Kate were there.

by Anonymousreply 67December 3, 2022 11:49 PM

R62, the Royal DL threads have turned that way since Meghan. There was an influx of BRF fans who always think if one doesn’t worship W&K you’re pro Meghan. Some anti posters are Meghan fans, but I agree with you, not everyone who says something less than fawning is pro Meghan. I think she and Harry are two attention hungry douchebags.

I also think Kate and William were decently received during their visit, certainly better than the Caribbean, but I also believe the BRF is not that popular in the States and William and Kate are bland.

by Anonymousreply 68December 3, 2022 11:51 PM

The British Royal family are not celebrities- that’s where clueless people including Markle continue to get it wrong.

by Anonymousreply 69December 3, 2022 11:57 PM

Don't blame the English. There hasn't been an English dynasty since 1066. The Germans and the Scots are to blame. Kate and Wills should never have come here, full of Romans.

by Anonymousreply 70December 4, 2022 12:06 AM

And yet you don’t understand the difference between “British” and “English”, R70, which pretty much invalidates whatever argument you were attempting to make.

Yet another clueless American.

by Anonymousreply 71December 4, 2022 12:26 AM

The Boston merchants weren't disappointed.

by Anonymousreply 72December 4, 2022 12:40 AM

R65, that's always what they say when you call them out on their shit. You Yankees (and I mean that in the New England sense of the word, because I myself am from Pennsylvania) are the biggest assholes I have ever met. And the stories I could tell would curl your fellow DLers' hair. But hey -- there's no point in it. You'll never admit it, even to yourselves.

Strangely enough, people in California (even Palm Springs!) loved me. I wish I could afford to live there.

by Anonymousreply 73December 4, 2022 12:41 AM

R13 Have you been to Boston? Have you ever driven in Boston?

It’s not New York City, there’s no grid. It’s full of loops and turns and one ways and two ways that look like one ways with parking on both sides of the street.

It’s absolute chaos so any ruckus is going to be insane trying to get anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 74December 4, 2022 12:46 AM

R15 Get over it. The potato famine was so long ago and you going to blame the current royals for it? Your ancestors must have hated Ireland so much that they escaped to come to the US.

by Anonymousreply 75December 4, 2022 12:50 AM

R64 Boston is always stereotyped as South Boston, which has even been gentrified in the last decade. There’s more to Boston than South Boston.

I’m right outside of Boston and I’ve never in my life met people who go to the packie and say wicked pissah and etc, etc.

Only in movies.

by Anonymousreply 76December 4, 2022 12:52 AM

Why did I wait so long to block this know nothing. Lesson learned bye

by Anonymousreply 77December 4, 2022 1:24 AM

[quote] You Yankees (and I mean that in the New England sense of the word, because I myself am from Pennsylvania) are the biggest assholes I have ever met.

No, you're probably just a cunt.

I've traveled throughout the US, including spending extended periods in the South and I have to say that Connecticut and the rest of New England as well as New York State are practically utopias compared to a lot of other places in this country. Much of the US is quite bleak.

by Anonymousreply 78December 4, 2022 3:46 AM

[quote]r69 The British Royal family are not celebrities

Then why are they constantly on the cover of People magazine, etc?

Dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 79December 4, 2022 3:57 AM

You have to admit, Will and Cathy are boring fucks. Whatever life they had in them is now gone. In all the pictures they look miserable.

by Anonymousreply 80December 4, 2022 4:02 AM

He’s not aging well. At all.

by Anonymousreply 81December 4, 2022 4:28 AM

Wills, either buzz it all off or get you a good wiglet.

by Anonymousreply 82December 4, 2022 4:38 AM

R80, she looks more out of it than he does. He conversates better than she does and is more at ease with the public. She seems uncomfortable and not wanting to be at these events. I don’t blame her, but she’s getting the better end of the deal. Diana was more natural in the role and make it look easy.

by Anonymousreply 83December 4, 2022 5:00 AM

Lighten up Boston. It's not like they're black.

by Anonymousreply 84December 4, 2022 5:17 AM

R42 that's not true.Very few Americans feel as you describe.

by Anonymousreply 85December 4, 2022 5:51 AM

R67, this was a prestigious international event precisely because it's an event founded and organised by William.

Ask People magazine that, r79. People magazine's choices are nothing to do with the royals themselves (although there are a couple of ex-royals who try desperately hard to get featured on and in People and other magazines).

by Anonymousreply 86December 4, 2022 10:56 AM

LOL William and Kate look anything but miserable. The Harkle stans are hilarious. You do realize that normal adult couples don't clutch at themselves in public like two 12-year old, right?

by Anonymousreply 87December 4, 2022 12:22 PM

The fawning stans flipping out over these inbred leeches' visit is hilarious. It's Janbot-level obsession.

by Anonymousreply 88December 4, 2022 1:12 PM

R52 You want to talk about the emperor's new clothes?

by Anonymousreply 89December 4, 2022 1:14 PM

Just an American here who has followed the Royals most of my life, and will continue to do so. So glad that Haz and his godfather Andrew have been bumped from tbe Counselors of State possibility, and wait to hear that H's lawsuit to force taxpayers to fund his security will he turned away, fingers crossed. Liked and support Prince William's environmental efforts, and believe Catherine is a fine partner.

by Anonymousreply 90December 4, 2022 2:50 PM

Sure, you're American R90.

by Anonymousreply 91December 4, 2022 2:52 PM

R90 you are not American. No American would say Haz.

by Anonymousreply 92December 4, 2022 4:53 PM

I use Haz all the time and I'm American.

by Anonymousreply 93December 4, 2022 5:08 PM

The correct term is Hal. Not Haz.

by Anonymousreply 94December 5, 2022 12:22 AM

R83 Kate smiles, wears clothing that fits her and engages in conversations easily. You seem to have difficulty processing social cues.

by Anonymousreply 95December 5, 2022 12:26 AM

No American would say Hal either.

by Anonymousreply 96December 5, 2022 12:26 AM

R96 Anne Boleyn was not American.

by Anonymousreply 97December 5, 2022 12:29 AM

I’m gobsmacked that the winners of the Earthshot prize were not invited to the ceremony to reduce the carbon footprint but attended via Zoom.

Which, ok, but Ellie Goulding and David Beckham crossed the Atlantic but the winners and nominees couldn’t network together?

It’s weird.

by Anonymousreply 98December 5, 2022 12:47 AM

R98 That's because this is all an empty PR stunt for the royals and their celebrity "friends."

Of course R86 claims it's a special event because William says it's special, which nicely illustrates that the royal allure is all smoke and mirrors, self-directed and manufactured by the royals themselves, and eagerly celebrated by a sycophantic fan base consumed by adoration.

by Anonymousreply 99December 5, 2022 12:54 AM

Someone upthread is all “congratulations to the winners!” - well who the fuck are they?!

If this is how Earthshot is playing it, it needs to be downsized TV/streaming event or simply held in Britain every year. Put the hosting costs into making proper documentaries about the winners and make that the focus.

I assume that can’t happen because the whole thing is being funded by Bloomberg who requires a black tie event - so bite the bullet and book flights for the winners to attend in person so they can meet like minds and enjoy Chloe x Halle in person.

Because it looks like an for William to hang with Catherine O’Hara and for Beckham and Goulding to flail around for those Knighthoods.

I still think it should be hosted in a different Commonwealth country each time.

by Anonymousreply 100December 5, 2022 1:32 AM

Was there a Biggest Cunt That Ever Cunted award given out?

Because Kate Middleton would be good for that.

by Anonymousreply 101December 5, 2022 1:47 AM

No one claimed Boleyn was American.

by Anonymousreply 102December 5, 2022 2:01 AM

R100, I read that. So they flew in celebrities, but not actual winners? Even if Bloomberg is footing the bill, doesn’t it defeat the purpose? I thought they were literally presenting awards. Since the winners all appeared via zoom, they could’ve held it anywhere. Having a ceremony and it being in the US makes no sense. They also did a bait and switch with Billie Eilish. She was the most current artist they booked, but I also read she appeared via Zoom. So many young girls probably unknowingly waited outside for her.

by Anonymousreply 103December 5, 2022 4:31 AM

You bet Svetlana is learning about America from this thread.

by Anonymousreply 104December 5, 2022 4:34 AM

R101 I assumed Sugars would find their way here displaying their limited intellectual capacity.

by Anonymousreply 105December 5, 2022 5:30 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!