Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Appeals Court Shuts Down Special Master

And really scolds Judge Aileen Loose Cannon

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61December 3, 2022 2:13 PM

Drip.

Drip.

Drip.

by Anonymousreply 1December 1, 2022 10:26 PM

poor ol Dump is just sinking in a cesspool this week, huh?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2December 1, 2022 10:27 PM

From the NY Times:

[quote]Notably, the order on Thursday was handed down by a panel composed of three Republican judges — two of them, Andrew L. Brasher and Britt Grant, put on the bench by Mr. Trump himself. During a hearing on Nov. 22, the panel telegraphed its deep skepticism of the legality of the unusual intervention by Judge Cannon, who was also appointed by Mr. Trump.

by Anonymousreply 3December 1, 2022 10:28 PM

Judge Aileen Loose Cannon should be disbarred.

by Anonymousreply 4December 1, 2022 10:28 PM

[quote]Drip.

[quote]Drip.

[quote]Drip.

Still waiting for the...

[quote]GUSH

by Anonymousreply 5December 1, 2022 10:29 PM

That Judge Cannon is really looking like an idiot. This is from Politico:

[quote]A panel of the Atlanta-based 11th Circuit Court of Appeals ruled unanimously that a district court judge erred both by granting Trump’s request to block investigators’ access to the records and in her decision to appoint a special master to assess Trump’s claims that some of the documents could be protected by executive privilege or other legal doctrines.

by Anonymousreply 6December 1, 2022 10:31 PM

Crucify her! Her blood be on our heads!

by Anonymousreply 7December 1, 2022 10:34 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8December 1, 2022 10:38 PM

[quote]That Judge Cannon is really looking like an idiot.

She's an apparatchik, not a judge, and she's fully proud of that. In fact, some have been speculating that her "verdict" was actually her angling for a job in a future Trump or DeSantis administration.

by Anonymousreply 9December 1, 2022 11:18 PM

This process will be studied in law schools for decades to come. By giving Trump his initial request it's just one less ground for appeal. As I used to say back in my jury trial days as a Prosecutor: "Ladies and Gentlemen, go back and take all the time you need to find the Defendant guilty." This is a process not an event.

by Anonymousreply 10December 1, 2022 11:23 PM

Trump needs to announce Marjorie Taylor Greene as his VP. He needs a donation boost asap!

by Anonymousreply 11December 1, 2022 11:30 PM

Gets more special treatment than a 5 year old at bumper bowl….

by Anonymousreply 12December 1, 2022 11:42 PM

Donald, suicide is your only way out. All I ask is that you jump off the roof of Trump Tower and have it televised.

by Anonymousreply 13December 1, 2022 11:49 PM

^^^^^^PAY PER VIEW, of course….

by Anonymousreply 14December 2, 2022 1:34 AM

Can this be appealed any higher up, or is this it?

by Anonymousreply 15December 2, 2022 2:18 AM

They can appeal it to the Supreme Court but I bet they wouldn’t touch it.

by Anonymousreply 16December 2, 2022 2:19 AM

What an embarrassment for all involved in this - especially Cannon.

by Anonymousreply 17December 2, 2022 2:25 AM

Agree with r16.

I have zero regard for Alito, Roberts, Thomas, Barrett and Gorsuch. They're corrupt phonies.

Still, I believe they have no desire to rescue Trump.

Trump is an albatross. Excepting his most fervent, moronic supporters, they all, including, Melania and his children, wish he'd drop dead.

by Anonymousreply 18December 2, 2022 2:26 AM

It was a full panel kick in the cunt for one of Trump's most famous "unqualified" candidates for the bar. Pity Gym Jordan didn't get an appointment before Trump got the boot.

by Anonymousreply 19December 2, 2022 2:50 AM

This Aileen Cannon bitch will never be disbarred or impeached. No one has even tried to disbar Guiliani and that Kraken lady, so I doubt they'd go after this cunt either.

by Anonymousreply 20December 2, 2022 3:56 AM

Apparently the ruling is sending the case back to Cannon and ordering her to dismiss it. The court is forcing her to clean up her mess.

by Anonymousreply 21December 2, 2022 4:34 AM

[quote]As I used to say back in my jury trial days as a Prosecutor

Pfft.

by Anonymousreply 22December 2, 2022 4:39 AM

R13. Haven't we suffered enough?

by Anonymousreply 23December 2, 2022 4:52 AM

From CNN:

quote;

The appeals court took aim at the idea, hinted at in her order appointing the special master, that Trump deserves special treatment because he is a former president.

“It is indeed extraordinary for a warrant to be executed at the home of a former president – but not in a way that affects our legal analysis or otherwise gives the judiciary license to interfere in an ongoing investigation,” the court said.

To create that “special exception,” the 11th Circuit wrote “would defy our Nation’s foundational principle that our law applies ‘to all, without regard to numbers, wealth, or rank.’”

/quote

That ladies and gentlemen in most polite legalese is how you smack down a lower court's ruling.

Appeal panel basically is telling off Judge Cannon for inserting a certain bias into matter brought before her that has no basis in legal facts. This just isn't a verbal slagging off, but part of a written record that will remain for eternity.

by Anonymousreply 24December 2, 2022 6:07 AM

r21 That's pretty standard procedure, they aren't paid to do her job after all.

by Anonymousreply 25December 2, 2022 10:32 AM

Aileen got quite a kick in the cuntbone

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26December 2, 2022 10:56 AM

Ruh roh!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27December 2, 2022 11:02 AM

[quote]As I used to say back in my jury trial days as a Prosecutor: "Ladies and Gentlemen, go back and take all the time you need to find the Defendant guilty." This is a process not an event.

That’s how we know you’re lying. As a prosecutor, these instructions would not come from you. They would come from a judge.

Why do people lie about shit like this? Embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 28December 2, 2022 11:07 AM

The repubs....McConnell, SCOTUS conservatives....a growing number of the GOP re: trump........"We don't know him.".

by Anonymousreply 29December 2, 2022 11:21 AM

A three judge kick in the cunt for an unqualified Trump nominee.

by Anonymousreply 30December 2, 2022 11:25 AM

quote] these instructions would not come from you. They would come from a judge.

You're embarrassing yourself, r28.

The Judge instructs the jury on the elements of the criminal law. The Judge would instruct the jury that the Prosecutor(s) has the burden of producing the evidence on each and every element, and persuading the jury "beyond a reasonable doubt" the evidence admitted for their analysis meets that burden.

If the evidence does not, they must acquit the defendant.

That's a short description of jury instructions. Sometimes, depending on the alleged violations, jury instructions can be very long.

And lol! Any Judge who would tell a jury

[quote] "Ladies and Gentlemen, go back and take all the time you need to find the Defendant guilty."

would be in blatant violation of their duty to remain fair and impartial.

It's legitimate, if not the best way to put it, however, for a Prosecutor to, at closing argument, say those words and request the jury to take all the time they need to do examine the evidence.

I believe you r10.

by Anonymousreply 31December 2, 2022 11:52 AM

Giuliani has had his law license suspended in NY R20. He can’t practice. There are hearings in October for disbarment, where he will most likely be permanently disbarred.

by Anonymousreply 32December 2, 2022 5:07 PM

Sorry that was incorrect R20, the hearings haven’t happened yet. He has however, still lost his license in NY.

by Anonymousreply 33December 2, 2022 5:10 PM

Poor Trump…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34December 2, 2022 5:12 PM

I hadn't heard that about Rudy R32. That is good news that disbarment is on the horizon. But it does show how really, REALLY bad you have to be to get suspended/disbarred.

by Anonymousreply 35December 2, 2022 5:43 PM

Everyone associated with Trump eventually turns into a steaming pile of shit. Judge Cannon is nothing but a hack and a fool.

by Anonymousreply 36December 2, 2022 6:03 PM

[R28] A Judge would never, ever say that. You're embarrassing yourself. Leave the conversation to the adults in the room, please.

by Anonymousreply 37December 2, 2022 6:38 PM

She didn’t even have jurisdiction.

by Anonymousreply 38December 2, 2022 6:41 PM

Having an appellate court order a lower court to dismiss a case that never should have been taken in the first place, is grabbing the judge by the pussy, professionally. She needs to be reprimanded as a warning to all future judges doing Trump's work and not The People's.

by Anonymousreply 39December 2, 2022 7:50 PM

Judge Cannon's youth and inexperience ALMOST make me sympathetic to her. Trust, me I have some experience in judicial circles and this is a humiliating experience for her.

I've always thought, too, since she issued that very bad decision, that, if viewed on her behalf in the best speculating light, she may have been afraid to dismiss the case, as she should have.

Trump's supporters are dangerous, as was made obvious on January 6th, 2020.

Still, when you issue a decision that allows the violating of the seperation of powers, and places Trump above the law, it really call into question your ability to apply the law to the facts.

by Anonymousreply 40December 2, 2022 8:02 PM

She is an arrogant Federalist Society piece of shit.

BOO FUCKING HOO

by Anonymousreply 41December 2, 2022 8:05 PM

All three judges were Republican appointees, two by Trump himself.

by Anonymousreply 42December 2, 2022 8:12 PM

I Once Had a Special Master

by Anonymousreply 43December 2, 2022 8:19 PM

My money is on Trump appealing.

He knows the SC will refuse to hear it. He just wants a pretext to attack the SC in the most Trumpian, insulting way possible.

It would be delicious if started disclosing what he really knows about Kavanaugh.

by Anonymousreply 44December 2, 2022 8:19 PM

You guys are delusional. There is nothing of importance out there about Kavanaugh. It would have come out by now.

You live in a fantasy world only slightly less fantastic that the Qanon people.

by Anonymousreply 45December 2, 2022 8:24 PM

[quote] It would have come out by now.

Bwahahahaha! Sure, r45

The US Senate Judiciary Committee's motion to table the confirmation vote was for one week only. And it prohibited an FBI investigation as has been done in other instances.

Facts. You know those things that Repugs like you avoid?

And hell, I WISH I had the luxury that your Qanon friends enjoy.

That is, I'm overwhelmed by the actual; reality itself. I don't have the room in my mental and emotional capacity to conjure and entertain made-up conspiracy shit, but, they do.

I envy that. But, I'll stick to reality-based living.

by Anonymousreply 46December 2, 2022 8:31 PM

Pls.

The most they could get on Kavanaugh is that he was a boozy, handsy student. Big whoop.

by Anonymousreply 47December 2, 2022 9:09 PM

Trump knows to keep appealing and holding it up in the courts until he drops dead

by Anonymousreply 48December 2, 2022 9:16 PM

Anyone who resorts to using the over-used, cliched word 'delusional' has nothing of importance to say.

by Anonymousreply 49December 2, 2022 9:17 PM

Says the delusional one.

by Anonymousreply 50December 2, 2022 9:25 PM

r47, Hmmmm...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51December 2, 2022 10:00 PM

[quote]The complaints themselves were characterized as largely coming from statements and testimonies in hearings, not his conduct while serving on the bench.

Whatevs. What's the big secret?

by Anonymousreply 52December 2, 2022 10:11 PM

The ruling is absolutely humiliating. She should leave the bench. I don’t understand how it ever came to her in the first place. She had zero authority in the matter. She was told flat out she had no jurisdiction. She should have NEVER been involved in the first place. She should be impeached.

by Anonymousreply 53December 2, 2022 10:40 PM

R53, Trump shopped judges.

by Anonymousreply 54December 2, 2022 10:41 PM

Of course he did, R54. Always looking for any weakness in the system to corrupt.

by Anonymousreply 55December 2, 2022 10:43 PM

R31:

I was not commenting on the sufficiency of the instruction itself. The whole thing is a fiction that only happened in your imagination. My point was that a prosecutor does not instruct the jury on anything. That is the role of the judge, not the prosecutor.

I empathize with your need to deflect in this situation, though. I mean, how insecure do you have to be in order to PRETEND to have a professional credential that you do not actually possess? And how stupid do you have to be to try to establish your own credibility with a ridiculous statement that only proves that you don't know what you are talking about?

If someone is embarrassed here, it isn't me!

by Anonymousreply 56December 3, 2022 8:14 AM

First of all, r56, I'm not r10.

I don't have to "pretend" to be anything other than what I am. I don't have to deflect anything.

I, at r31, responded to your incorrect, or, if viewed in the best possible light, sloppily written post, at r28.

If there is one thing in my "imagination", it is that I wonder if, at a certain point, you'll write a cogent post.

Now, Trump-Lover, put that in your bong and smoke it.

by Anonymousreply 57December 3, 2022 12:01 PM

R10 here enjoying the bickering between R28 and R31. No Judge instructs a juror to find a defendant guilty. Thanking jurors for the time is standard in closing arguments. Until the deliberations begin jurors are on the Court's timeline, with little control. Once that jury door closes it's their show. Informing them that they can take all the time they want before finding someone guilty is to show respect for the process. I spent 20 years in the field as both a Prosecutor and defense attorney. I have no need to fake credentials.

by Anonymousreply 58December 3, 2022 12:18 PM

The Well, the whole think was silly to begin with. Someone made a comment as a prosecutor he would ask a jury to convict his client—he would ask it in a light hearted humorous way, probably in his summary. Other posters misunderstood the post, and it turned into a kerfuffle. No Trumpsters here, just a misunderstanding. Let’s bury the hatchet andl get on with our gleeful posts about Dump’s downfall.

by Anonymousreply 59December 3, 2022 1:17 PM

R10 here, completely agree with R59. I have had a pathological hatred of Trump since December 17, 1987 the first time I saw him on Donahue.

by Anonymousreply 60December 3, 2022 1:25 PM

Paging Mrs. Garrett

Mrs. Edna Garrett, to the Discourtesy Phone, please.

by Anonymousreply 61December 3, 2022 2:13 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!