Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Indiana Jones 5 trailer

Looks like shit. The blinds about it being awful are probably true.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34December 2, 2022 7:27 PM

Jesus. I never thought they could out-suck "Crystal Skull," but they clearly have.

by Anonymousreply 1December 1, 2022 8:34 PM

Nice to see John back. Have they ever been to sea before? Phoebe looks annoying, already.

by Anonymousreply 2December 1, 2022 8:40 PM

Yes they were on the Nazi submarine in Raiders.

by Anonymousreply 3December 1, 2022 8:47 PM

I thought the exact same, R2 but then I remembered when Jones went underwater or wherever he was hidden away during that submarine ride to the island where they opened up the ark.

Now I’m remembering when he was fighting that dude that had the Cross of Coronado, he was technically at sea.

Not gonna lie, it’s nice to see him again in that role.

by Anonymousreply 4December 1, 2022 8:49 PM

R3 Well, not really adventure on sea. And thanks. Should I watch Crystal Skull? I missed it, after hearing about the aliens, so is it important to canon?

by Anonymousreply 5December 1, 2022 8:56 PM

Definitely one trailer that doesn't make me want to rush out and wait in line for the movie.

by Anonymousreply 6December 1, 2022 9:29 PM

Streaming within a month.

by Anonymousreply 7December 1, 2022 9:44 PM

[quote]bring back karen allen cunts

I ALWAYS knew she had more than one.

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 8December 1, 2022 9:46 PM

So what year is this set in 1975? Does he save Nixon?

by Anonymousreply 9December 1, 2022 11:31 PM

I liked Crystal Skull. I'm going to reserve judgment on #5 until more is revealed. Not a good trailer though.

by Anonymousreply 10December 1, 2022 11:36 PM

I never understood the hate for the last one (too much CGI and Shia aside). This one doesn't seem all that amazing so far from the trailer but it's nice to see a de-aged Harrison Ford.

by Anonymousreply 11December 1, 2022 11:37 PM

DL fave Cate Blanchett was really, really bad in the last one. Not even good campy.

by Anonymousreply 12December 1, 2022 11:50 PM

So are Marion and Mutt dead?

by Anonymousreply 13December 2, 2022 12:03 AM

I don't think Karen Allen is returning sadly

by Anonymousreply 14December 2, 2022 12:31 AM

They should bring back that little Asian boy from the Goonies.

by Anonymousreply 15December 2, 2022 12:33 AM

Ke Huy Quan who played Short Round.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16December 2, 2022 4:08 AM

Phoebe's career will probably be fine after this, but only because God is dead and this isn't a just world.

by Anonymousreply 17December 2, 2022 5:07 AM

I think it looks good.

by Anonymousreply 18December 2, 2022 5:11 AM

R17 I'll have you know my wife has a LOVELY career with her little boutique. She went from showing tits in that swimming pool to maybe selling two bracelets a week, all while my income from "Bob's Burgers" keeps the lights on.

by Anonymousreply 19December 2, 2022 4:09 PM

This is bordering on elder abuse…why is he still doing these roles?

by Anonymousreply 20December 2, 2022 4:35 PM

Dial? Is it about soap?

by Anonymousreply 21December 2, 2022 4:40 PM

Looks like another bloated CGI mess like Crystal Skull.

by Anonymousreply 22December 2, 2022 4:43 PM

There's apparently heavy use of CGI to "de-age" Harrison's face for the scenes where he's meant to be younger than 80 years old.

by Anonymousreply 23December 2, 2022 6:11 PM

[quote]DL fave Cate Blanchett was really, really bad in the last one. Not even good campy.

I love Cate Blanchett, but she was obviously just there to collect a paycheck in the last Indiana Jones movie. She clearly didn't give a fuck.

by Anonymousreply 24December 2, 2022 6:43 PM

It is too bad that they can't make a good story into a decent film. Nope, everything was a nod or wink to an earlier film. Fuck this moneygrab, and I was a huge fan of the first and third films.

I liked Temple of Doom as a kid, but it is just terrible rewatching as an adult. Kate Capshaw was positively embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 25December 2, 2022 6:48 PM

I thought Crystal Skull was screamingly bad, but this looks worse.

by Anonymousreply 26December 2, 2022 6:50 PM

R23 ummmmm talk about stating the obvious

by Anonymousreply 27December 2, 2022 6:50 PM

R25 That's true, but she was a lot more fun in the sack than Amy Irving

by Anonymousreply 28December 2, 2022 6:51 PM

I hope he dies a violent death because this time we're all rooting for the Nazis.

by Anonymousreply 29December 2, 2022 6:53 PM

Does that explain his casting of Michelle Williams as his ma, then?

by Anonymousreply 30December 2, 2022 6:55 PM

R30 Spielberg is either fucking Michelle Williams, or he badly wishes he were.

She's become his Helena BC, or his Frances McDormand. She's in everything he does lately!

by Anonymousreply 31December 2, 2022 6:57 PM

[quote]I liked Temple of Doom as a kid, but it is just terrible rewatching as an adult. Kate Capshaw was positively embarrassing.

Kate Capshaw gave one of the worst performances I have ever seen, one of the most egregious cases of "yeah, she's fucking the director" in film history. She was just putrid.

Temple of Doom was such a letdown after Raiders of the Lost Ark, which was excellent. They redeemed themselves with The Last Crusade, which was also excellent. WEHT that Irish actress who played the Nazi bitch? She was gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 32December 2, 2022 7:00 PM

Alison Doody. She's still gorgeous, but she married rich and doesn't have to act anymore.

She gave it the full Jami Gertz!

by Anonymousreply 33December 2, 2022 7:02 PM

What amazes me about film now is the lack of attention to details. We have all these computer generated resources but apparently no-one notices things like bad toupees, obvious switches to stunt doubles, and lighting on main characters inconsistent with the CGI surroundings. It's also obvious they're nervous about having Phoebe in the film as she doesn't say a thing in the trailer. Her presence does indicate that it will most likely be annoyingly and obviously woke.

by Anonymousreply 34December 2, 2022 7:27 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!