Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Release date is Dec 16.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20December 2, 2022 3:13 PM

Garish, mawkish, loud. I'm sure it'll make a mountain of money.

by Anonymousreply 1December 1, 2022 4:56 PM

the outcry against people complaining about the CGI has been fun. . . as it has with every other recent film.

Which, of course, the people complaining know the tech has evolved but the industry is reacting to them as if they were magats for disliking it.

by Anonymousreply 2December 1, 2022 5:02 PM

Also:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3December 1, 2022 5:04 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4December 1, 2022 5:07 PM

The first one was revolutionary technology-wise. This one just seems unnecessary and impotently unimportant in every way.

by Anonymousreply 5December 1, 2022 5:07 PM

Why did it take him THIRTEEN FUCKIN years to come out with the sequel?

by Anonymousreply 6December 1, 2022 5:07 PM

Stupid movie for children.

by Anonymousreply 7December 1, 2022 5:08 PM

Will there be any tail fucking in this one?

by Anonymousreply 8December 1, 2022 5:09 PM

What happened to the Papyrus font

by Anonymousreply 9December 1, 2022 5:10 PM

r6 He's a well known control freak and budget hog... so, we could probably look at the studios more for the delay.

Though the initial film was supposed to be a stand alone. So, it's not as if they really had a sequel nailed down either.

by Anonymousreply 10December 1, 2022 5:11 PM

Fuck y'all. I'm gonna watch it.

by Anonymousreply 11December 1, 2022 5:12 PM

No interest.

I saw the first one for the effects. Apart from that, it looked like a pre-adolescent boy’s jerk off fantasy.

And BTW: this sequel is reportedly the first of FOUR!

by Anonymousreply 12December 1, 2022 5:21 PM

It will under perform and Cameron will look like a loser.

by Anonymousreply 13December 2, 2022 12:43 AM

R12 Avatar 6 and 7 are planned as well

by Anonymousreply 14December 2, 2022 12:47 AM

There is no buzz for this movie, which in the Cameron tradition 100% repeats the first movie. I hope it hugely bombs and Cam is a laughingstock after. I loved the first movie but I ain't got no interest in seeing 4 other movies repeat it.

by Anonymousreply 15December 2, 2022 12:51 AM

r15 and the moral of the story would be don't kill off sigourney weaver.

by Anonymousreply 16December 2, 2022 1:03 AM

R16 she's back in this one as Jake and Neytiri's daughter. I think she's supposed to be a reincarnation.

by Anonymousreply 17December 2, 2022 1:22 AM

Lots of CGI. Not sure what the story is from that trailer.

by Anonymousreply 18December 2, 2022 1:25 AM

I remember seeing the original and I thought then it was a comic book story but saved with remarkably imaginative visuals. The visuals here seem on a par with what you'd find by putting a dollar in a arcade game you might find in the theatre lobby and no story at all.

by Anonymousreply 19December 2, 2022 1:30 AM

r17 point remains.... playing reborn cgi alien furry takes away from her o.g.

they mind as well have made this a tv series instead... and killed the original film more cheaply like they did with stargate

by Anonymousreply 20December 2, 2022 3:13 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!