Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Meghan Trainor's 'Made You Look' hits Number 1!

How excited are you right now?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21December 2, 2022 7:02 PM

While it may have hit #1 on that particular UK chart, it’s currently at #24 on the latest Billboard Hot 100. Catchy song, and she seems like a nice lady. Glad she’s got another hit.

by Anonymousreply 1December 1, 2022 4:47 PM

Pop music is dead. TikTok has destroyed anything decent.

by Anonymousreply 2December 1, 2022 4:50 PM

This song is so fucking annoying. Kohl’s background music.

by Anonymousreply 3December 1, 2022 4:51 PM

OP, I don't think that's the official UK chart. They release the official chart every Friday.

by Anonymousreply 4December 1, 2022 4:54 PM

This fat ugly country bitch keeps pretending she's hot and urban and has men lusting after her but she tells them all no. For years now. Reeks of insecurity.

by Anonymousreply 5December 1, 2022 4:57 PM

One has to admire her persistence and perky inexhaustible drive, if nothing else.

I sincerely mean that, too, it's not DL cuntery. If I had her energy and relentless drive to keep getting on the charts and the radio and on social media platforms, despite what a million people had to say negatively about my work or my talent or my looks, I'd have 80s Madonna clout and moolah by now. Alas, I like many other artistic types am overly sensitive, neurotic, self-deprecating, and frankly a bit lazy.

by Anonymousreply 6December 1, 2022 4:58 PM

It’s weird because it sounds exactly like “Lips Are Movin’”.

by Anonymousreply 7December 1, 2022 4:59 PM

R5 She knows her audience.

by Anonymousreply 8December 1, 2022 4:59 PM

This provides a glimmer of hope to other fat chicks.

by Anonymousreply 9December 1, 2022 5:13 PM

r2

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10December 1, 2022 5:49 PM

r2

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11December 1, 2022 5:51 PM

Her new song is cute. I like the nod to girl groups. She sure had more sass than Trailer Swift.

by Anonymousreply 12December 1, 2022 7:34 PM

Sexy!

by Anonymousreply 13December 1, 2022 11:58 PM

I’m so sick of pop music. Can we move on to another genre already? Yuck.

by Anonymousreply 14December 2, 2022 12:01 AM

Her look and sound are right out of 1963.

Is she channeling Lesley Gore?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15December 2, 2022 12:19 AM

To all the posters saying she’s morbidly obese, I’m really not seeing that. She looks fine, a healthy weight and fit enough, just a bit sturdy and quite soft of body. Not every pop star can or should have to look twiggy and model-thin like TSwift or ripped and lean like P!nk, neither should they need to be actually obese and grotesque like Lizzo. Meghan has a normal, natural body size and shape that she clearly feeds but also exercises. It might be the best thing about her being famous.

The problem here as I see it is that her pop music and her style is tacky, garish and doesn’t stand out or have anything interesting to say. As other posters have pointed out, her sound is just recycled retro-bubblegum with little done to update it or make it new, and then dolled up in gaudy shiny Barbie/Drag Race dress-up. There’s something very limited and childlike and lowest denominator about it.

All she’s doing in this song in particular is name dropping corporate brands, some of whom have been known to use s lave lab0ur and to pollute and to discriminate against customers & employees. Not to mention, she’s selling an unattainable lifestyle of empty materialism to her fanbase (low level office Frauen, stay home Moms and flyover kids, presumably?) That’s what’s disgusting and ought to be lambasted.

by Anonymousreply 16December 2, 2022 12:47 PM

She has lost weight but she still is homely.

by Anonymousreply 17December 2, 2022 3:05 PM

She hasn’t evolved musically.

But, this stupid song has been stuck in my head all morning.

by Anonymousreply 18December 2, 2022 3:06 PM

I realize now that I’m older the radio is for parents and “average” people going to work. This is who the song is for.

This song is for white parents to listen to with their kids. And they all dance badly in the kitchen to it.

It’s for moments like this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19December 2, 2022 3:16 PM

her husband scares me.

by Anonymousreply 20December 2, 2022 4:06 PM

Unfortunately for Meghan, she only made it to #2 at the official UK singles chart. OP's chart is just some radio show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21December 2, 2022 7:02 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!