Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

FX’s A Christmas Carol

First one I ever really liked. Guy Pearce as Scrooge!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5December 13, 2022 3:30 AM

Awful.

by Anonymousreply 1December 1, 2022 10:36 AM

It had some really nice visuals, but was a pretty bland retelling outside of that. I would like to see something grittier, a fresh new spin, a reinterpretation, but still set in the same time period.

by Anonymousreply 2December 1, 2022 10:41 AM

Did they woke it up?

by Anonymousreply 3December 1, 2022 11:06 AM

R3 No, they didn't do that. But they adapted it where Scrooge was given to the headmaster of his boarding school "for payment" in return of payment for the school. That's why he never went home for Christmas. And he had a sister in this one that stopped it after their father died but he was already numb to the world. Also, Scrooge made a terrible deal with Mrs. Cratchett (who needed money for Tiny Tim's surgeries 7 years prior) - implying he wanted sexual favors from her for the money- but when she got ready to get down to it he just said he had no use for that anymore, but wanted to see what the currency of faithfulness was. And it's Mrs. Cratchett that summoned the ghosts.

by Anonymousreply 4December 2, 2022 2:55 PM

I'm watching it now. I'm no prude, but somehow [italic]A Christmas Carol[/italic] with the F-word doesn't seem right.

by Anonymousreply 5December 13, 2022 3:30 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!