Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Deep Underground World Cup 2022 Thread

We've been locked out again.

Continue here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249December 10, 2022 8:31 PM

Link to the last part:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1December 1, 2022 1:28 AM

I was surprised to see Aussies calling their team the Socceroos. We aren't the only soccer country?

by Anonymousreply 2December 1, 2022 1:28 AM

This isn’t over yet? It’s like a week plus of SuperBowls.

by Anonymousreply 3December 1, 2022 1:31 AM

R3 It's barely getting started.

by Anonymousreply 4December 1, 2022 1:34 AM

You could try paying $19.99.

by Anonymousreply 5December 1, 2022 1:39 AM

Thanks for that bracket chart, OP. I was looking for something like that, it makes it easier to folow.

by Anonymousreply 6December 1, 2022 1:44 AM

[quote]I was surprised to see Aussies calling their team the Socceroos. We aren't the only soccer country?

Australia has its own version of football (Aussie Rules?) so I guess that's why they call it soccer too

by Anonymousreply 7December 1, 2022 1:23 PM

Who are the underdogs here? The Jamaican bobsled Winter Olympics of the World Cup?

by Anonymousreply 8December 1, 2022 1:27 PM

OP, you're probably getting "locked out" because you have a non-US IP addy. I have a US IP addy and can continue to post on the previous thread linked at R1.

by Anonymousreply 9December 1, 2022 1:36 PM

Yeah the alt thread gets locked during prime time. Just like every thread. So far it hasn't been targeted for lockout for non payees exclusively. Probably will if the posts pile up. This one can be a backup to the alt thread.

by Anonymousreply 10December 1, 2022 1:50 PM

Designated backup then. Thanks R9.

by Anonymousreply 11December 1, 2022 2:06 PM

Can’t we send a Gay blimp to drop leaflets over the field fighting homophobia?

by Anonymousreply 12December 1, 2022 2:09 PM

R12 You want to be in that blimp when it's shot out of the sky by a surface-to-air missile fired by outraged Qatari soldiers?????

by Anonymousreply 13December 1, 2022 2:18 PM

Wasn’t the problem with the Hindenburg was that they used Hydrogen gas? Just use one of the non flammable gasses.

by Anonymousreply 14December 1, 2022 2:26 PM

R14 This is a surface-to-air missile. That's gonna put a BIG FUCKIN' HOLE in the blimp. All that "non-flammable" gas is going to escape, the envelope (which holds the gas) will collapse and the blimp and whoever is in it will hit the ground *splat*.

by Anonymousreply 15December 1, 2022 2:31 PM

OK than maybe a drone operated blimp!

by Anonymousreply 16December 1, 2022 2:32 PM

R16 Drone-operated?? Then who's going to toss the leaflets?

by Anonymousreply 17December 1, 2022 2:40 PM

Radio operated trap doors.

by Anonymousreply 18December 1, 2022 2:48 PM

R18 Bravo solution. But the blimp will be shot out of the sky with the surface-to-air missle long before it gets into position to drop the leaflets out of the trap door.

by Anonymousreply 19December 1, 2022 2:51 PM

R18 Lemme know when you're ready for the foolproof solution.

by Anonymousreply 20December 1, 2022 2:53 PM

I bet you were the one at Stonewall talking people out of throwing bricks!

by Anonymousreply 21December 1, 2022 3:18 PM

Poor Canada😭

by Anonymousreply 22December 1, 2022 3:26 PM

R21 I was the one talking people out of dropping bricks from a blimp, due to the possibility that they'd miss the cops and hit the gays. I said throw 'em, better chance of hitting your target.

by Anonymousreply 23December 1, 2022 3:26 PM

Homing pigeons.

by Anonymousreply 24December 1, 2022 3:30 PM

Gay homing pigeons.

by Anonymousreply 25December 1, 2022 3:45 PM

Germany is out! team is too old. just like belgium.

by Anonymousreply 26December 1, 2022 8:24 PM

The fucking whore reporter interviewing pulisic is wearing a leather jacket in fucking hot weather!

by Anonymousreply 27December 1, 2022 8:24 PM

Honestly, I'm glad Germany got kick out of the competition mostly because I can't stand Neuer and his fake-ass activism. He wants everyone to come out of the closet, except for him. (cause he's so damn terrified of losing not fans, but millions of $ in sponsors).

by Anonymousreply 28December 2, 2022 12:01 AM

not being funny but this Japan goal ball curvature thing is exactly what happened to Stonesy’s goal the other night. It defo was over the line this is a fix

by Anonymousreply 29December 2, 2022 12:30 AM

Sorry has Luis Enrique been giving lap dances to the German players bc I can’t understand why else they went so hard to keep Spain in the competition

by Anonymousreply 30December 2, 2022 12:31 AM

It was in Germany's interest to score as many as possible. If Spain had scored another goal and got the draw, Germany and Japan would have been on equal points but Germany would have gone through on goal difference.

by Anonymousreply 31December 2, 2022 12:48 AM

I am so sad Germany is out. Neuer and Kimmich are so hot.

by Anonymousreply 32December 2, 2022 4:24 AM

I cannot believe my fave team lost to fucking Japan😭 At least Spain will now get an easier match next round. Morocco is worse than Croatia. Should be a winnable match. Though with all the favorites flopping and the underdogs winning, who knows what will happen.

by Anonymousreply 33December 2, 2022 5:11 AM

R31 I seriously wonder if Spain lost on purpose. I mean... when Japan was up a goal, did they really try? They knew they were through and Germany had been eliminated.

by Anonymousreply 34December 2, 2022 5:12 AM

R34 hmmm yeah, maybe Spain wanted to drain out the fear of loss in a match that ended up not mattering, to prevent a bottling of actual consequence in the imminent knockouts. Like ‘bad rehearsal, good performance’.

by Anonymousreply 35December 2, 2022 12:30 PM

The way the tabloids and magazines profile the WAGs is always so funny. Cruel, if you can read between the lines, but funny. One thing the English do so well is caustic snobbish humour.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36December 2, 2022 1:06 PM

Like clockwork, the alt thread got too popular and is now locked.

Bummed I couldn't post during yesterday's madness. Japan winning against superpowers Germany and Spain and losing to minnow, Costa Rica, has to be one the greatest world cup stories.

by Anonymousreply 37December 2, 2022 1:22 PM

Of course, Spain didn't want to lose! For about 5 minutes, they were out of the cup. When Costa Rica was up 2-1 against Germany and Spain was losing, the latter two would have finished 3rd and 4th in the group.

No one would have picked Japan and Costa Rica to advance and Spain and Germany going home. The Germans did Spain a favor but the couldn't reciprocate. All the Germans needed was Spain to draw.

by Anonymousreply 38December 2, 2022 1:27 PM

[quote] The Germans did Spain a favor but they couldn't reciprocate. All the Germans needed was Spain to draw.

No recip...not hot

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39December 2, 2022 1:50 PM

Ooft scored by someone no one’s ever heard of too, insult to injury

by Anonymousreply 40December 2, 2022 2:12 PM

I must be fucked in the head because I actually think Suarez is hot😂😍

by Anonymousreply 41December 2, 2022 2:13 PM

This world cup is so weird... all the top teams flop and the weaker teams advance from the group stages. Germany... out. Belgium... out. Spain: through but number 2 in their group, behind fucking Japan!

by Anonymousreply 42December 2, 2022 2:30 PM

Yay! Uruguay again!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 43December 2, 2022 2:31 PM

Who is that goal scorer on team Uruguay? He has scored 2 and I've never heard of him before!

by Anonymousreply 44December 2, 2022 2:33 PM

Incredible drama already in Group H, Ghana missed a penalty and now Uruguay are winning, the only goals they've scored in the World Cup so far. South Korea have equalised with Portugal but need to win to have a chance.

by Anonymousreply 45December 2, 2022 2:33 PM

I would love for Portugal to lose, just to see Ronaldo's face.

by Anonymousreply 46December 2, 2022 2:36 PM

I still can't believe Japan won group E ahead of Spain. Once again Spain is in trouble because they don't score enough goals.

by Anonymousreply 47December 2, 2022 2:42 PM

With the exception of Costa Rica I mean...

by Anonymousreply 48December 2, 2022 2:43 PM

I'm rooting for Costa Rica, Mexico, Canada, Uruguay, Argentina, Ecuador and Spain.

by Anonymousreply 49December 2, 2022 2:45 PM

Zzzzzzzzzzzz

Zzzzzzzzzzzz

Zzzzzzzzzzzz

by Anonymousreply 50December 2, 2022 2:47 PM

[quote]Wake me up when the knockout round starts

I think it starts tomorrow: USA vs Netherlands & Argentina vs Australia

by Anonymousreply 51December 2, 2022 2:58 PM

R51 Ta mate!!

by Anonymousreply 52December 2, 2022 3:01 PM

If Benty is seriously injured we might as well relegate Spurs now and save everyone the time

by Anonymousreply 53December 2, 2022 3:11 PM

Suarez should watch Bones and All. He would see his kin cannibals.

by Anonymousreply 54December 2, 2022 3:12 PM

Darwin shithousing during a decision....we (LFC) are so proud

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55December 2, 2022 3:12 PM

Uruguay shit housing per usual. Can't stand them.

by Anonymousreply 56December 2, 2022 3:14 PM

Spain DELIBERATELY lost to Japan to avoid meeting favourites Brazil in the World Cup quarter-finals, claims Real Madrid and Mexico legend Hugo Sanchez... after their shock defeat knocked Germany out

by Anonymousreply 57December 2, 2022 3:24 PM

Japan's controversial goal against Spain was RIGHT to be given as a video released by FIFA conclusively proves the ball did NOT cross the line during the build-up - after pundits and fans were left in disbelief that the goal was given

by Anonymousreply 58December 2, 2022 3:28 PM

R57 I told you upthread I suspected exactly this. No way Japan would usually beat Spain.

by Anonymousreply 59December 2, 2022 3:43 PM

I fucking KNEW IT. All my favorite teams lose. Now Uruguay.

by Anonymousreply 60December 2, 2022 3:48 PM

Fuck you Korea!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 61December 2, 2022 3:49 PM

Suarez is crying!

by Anonymousreply 62December 2, 2022 3:49 PM

Yes! Come on Korean lads!

by Anonymousreply 63December 2, 2022 3:49 PM

If everything holds as is, SK are thru and Uruguay are out! Cry more cannibal!

by Anonymousreply 64December 2, 2022 3:51 PM

Not Korean but tears. Come on Ghana, hold on.

by Anonymousreply 65December 2, 2022 3:55 PM

Shit housing doesn't pay off! Fuck off Uruguay. And after the game, they are harassing the ref.

by Anonymousreply 66December 2, 2022 4:05 PM

Suarez is such a Mary.

by Anonymousreply 67December 2, 2022 4:06 PM

korea wil have brazil,lol

by Anonymousreply 68December 2, 2022 4:07 PM

Uruguay might have been a tougher opponent for Brazil.

by Anonymousreply 69December 2, 2022 4:12 PM

Uruguay would have been a shit housing extraordinare against Brazil. It's true, South Korea would not match them in that department.

by Anonymousreply 70December 2, 2022 4:17 PM

At least Ghana got some measure of satisfaction.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71December 2, 2022 4:19 PM

Please lock this thread, manager.

These lazy, cheap cunts are worse than the soap queens, and they make my crotch sweat.

Even worse than usual.

by Anonymousreply 72December 2, 2022 4:20 PM

Dude pepe is 39 and looks ancient. this is what happens when you field an old team.

by Anonymousreply 73December 2, 2022 5:08 PM

Ronnie's assist on the Korean goal was wonderful. Even he didn't want Uruguay to advance.

by Anonymousreply 74December 2, 2022 5:18 PM

ghana did what we wanted germany to do yesterday, going down in flames but taking the opposition with them

they had the bitterness, the pettiness, the cuntiness, the spite, the hand in unlovable hand spirit that the krauts lacked. slay

by Anonymousreply 75December 2, 2022 5:54 PM

Not a fan of SK really, but seeing Sonny Heungmin so happy really touched me. Can see why everyone babygirls him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76December 2, 2022 6:37 PM

Making Kai Havertz accept the POTM award and pose with it was brutal.

Chelsky ratboy he may be, but even so he doesn't deserve that kind of cruelty. Just let the lad slope quietly back off to his hotel for a good cry and wank over gifs of TAA, will you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77December 2, 2022 6:41 PM

Making the semifinal losers play for 3rd place is the worst. You know no one wants to play. Just one more game for ad money.

by Anonymousreply 78December 2, 2022 6:56 PM

R71 FIFA blocked that video lol

by Anonymousreply 79December 2, 2022 6:59 PM

Sorry to be ageist like but Dani Alves is eligible for a 60+ bus pass omg get him off the pitch

by Anonymousreply 80December 2, 2022 7:07 PM

dusan grabbing his dick in celebration like sir do you need help with that or something que te pasa

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81December 2, 2022 7:13 PM

South Korea heart-throb Cho Gue-sung is forced to turn off his phone at the World Cup after attracting 1.6million new Instagram followers when a video of him just SITTING ON THE BENCH went viral!

It marks a meteoric rise for a man who described himself as 'insignificant', with almost no information about his private life having been made public - except for the fact that he already has a girlfriend (sorry ladies, and fellas.)

by Anonymousreply 82December 2, 2022 7:45 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83December 2, 2022 7:45 PM

omg that stupid cunt took off his shirt. he already has a yellow card. so now he gets another yellow. DUMB CUNT

by Anonymousreply 84December 2, 2022 7:52 PM

Yeah, I mean the chances of Cameroon advancing are slim but still...to pick up a 2nd yellow is stupid. You need at minimum another goal and you've left your teammates to play a man down.

by Anonymousreply 85December 2, 2022 7:56 PM

If Switzerland scores another, Brazil will be in second place in their group. I don't think it'll happen at this point, though.

by Anonymousreply 86December 2, 2022 7:56 PM

Any dick slips caught on camera?

by Anonymousreply 87December 2, 2022 7:59 PM

Cameroon #13… why helLO

bleached hair on a hot guy....idk can’t explain it. it’s just an insta cock for me

by Anonymousreply 88December 2, 2022 7:59 PM

You know what would be wild? What if the USA makes it to the final?

Can you imagine?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89December 2, 2022 8:35 PM

Hopefully it's the type of flu that isn't too serious but gives them painful diarrhea.

by Anonymousreply 90December 2, 2022 8:46 PM

R82 Gue-sung also hurled a "fuck off and die" SAID IN PORTUGESE at Ratnaldo as the latter left the pitch. King shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91December 2, 2022 8:55 PM

^PortugUese, sorry

by Anonymousreply 92December 2, 2022 8:56 PM

So we have our Round of 16 contenders.

How is it looking for your bias? Who were you happy to see advance from Group? Which matches in Round of 16 are you looking forward to the most? What further twists do you predict this insane tournament has in store?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93December 2, 2022 9:01 PM

I could see Switzerland upsetting Portugal, also the USA sneaking past the Netherlands if De Jong and some others are too sick to play. Argentina only got a little more than two days to recover from the last game so fatigue may factor against Australia given how they rely on some of the older players but they should win.

by Anonymousreply 94December 2, 2022 9:16 PM

Dread playing either France or Poland (especially after the last England/Poland clash at the Euros, jfc that took a year off my life), but I don't have too much concern about Senegal.

There again, the chaotic and aggressive and risky way these African teams have been playing so far, I'm not 100% that we'll crush them, or do it without at least a bit of damage. It seems that their freestyle and spirit is throwing off any considered professional strategy by superstar Western teams. If Gareth goes uber-defensive as I imagine he will, this fixture is going to look like a man chiseling away at a very big immovable fucking rock (a slab, if you will) to beat a timer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95December 2, 2022 9:22 PM

Brazil NT fuck off and die

but dios mio are their WAGs and female fans sexy. like i'm already a femcel who can't look in mirrors but this is just depressing now. our fitter women (Brit) look like farmyard animals compared

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96December 2, 2022 10:15 PM

R84 if you say you wouldn’t take your shirt off if you scored at the fucking World Cup you’re LYING

anyway the ref smiled and highfived him after he did it. says it all really

by Anonymousreply 97December 2, 2022 10:59 PM

And yet all the other goal scorers in this world cup have managed to keep their shirts on.

by Anonymousreply 98December 2, 2022 11:04 PM

Let the man celebrate by taking off his shirt, they defeated Brasil.

by Anonymousreply 99December 3, 2022 12:28 AM

The United States is the only team that has not allowed a single goal in open play through the group stage

by Anonymousreply 100December 3, 2022 1:47 AM

Goddamnit we're gonna win, aren't we?

by Anonymousreply 101December 3, 2022 3:45 AM

The USA is going to have an upset win against the Dutch, then lose to Argentina.

by Anonymousreply 102December 3, 2022 4:01 AM

How's the guy who got kicked in the nuts?

by Anonymousreply 103December 3, 2022 7:31 AM

FINALLY!! The knockout round, where they actually start playing rather than going through the motions.

I know they haven't a fucking chance in hell but . . .

AUSSIE! AUSSIE! AUSSIE!!!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104December 3, 2022 8:05 AM

R103 Pulisic took a ball to the cuntbone, actually. He’s fine, he sends his love.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105December 3, 2022 11:40 AM

Christian Pulisic was hit in The Netherlands.

by Anonymousreply 106December 3, 2022 11:52 AM

The Dutch team are shitting themselves rn

by Anonymousreply 107December 3, 2022 12:01 PM

R101 not if you meet England again in the semis.

Your team may be better educated, more spirited, more heroic, more mature and professional etc. But our mad lads are chaotic and feral and raised on the bloody milk of this game from the cot. For you, this is about starting something, proving a point and ‘being the best’ in the world stage; for us, this is about ending something, beating *ourselves*, clawing at a very ancient and primal dream, and fulfilling a prophecy. You do not realise how deep this goes. It’s religious for this deranged rainy island.

Besides which, you will be limited to outmatching us only on pace and stamina, as you simply can’t play mind games on men without minds.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108December 3, 2022 12:08 PM

Agility would certainly be an issue. These are men who grew up dodging paedophiles left and right- the slow ones didn't make it. Stamina too, since they don't find soccer boring and may actually enjoy the game.

Our sunny optimism would carry us through, if only because the Lions would find it so demoralizing. They'd become hopelessly depressed in the face of our wholesome good spirits and fall apart as we smile our way to victory ✌️

by Anonymousreply 109December 3, 2022 2:11 PM

Maybe the USA comes back in this match but the Dutch are just so much better on fundamentals and tactics.

by Anonymousreply 110December 3, 2022 2:22 PM

The Netherlands are just letting the USA have possession. They know the Americans are poor at finishing chances and don't have a real scorer. They also see that the USA are not switching quick enough on counterattacks. They are letting the USA do all the work.

by Anonymousreply 111December 3, 2022 2:36 PM

I need the Dutch goalkeeper inside me quite deeply. 6 ft 8 inches.

Emphasis on the 8 inches.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112December 3, 2022 2:36 PM

Netherlands 2-0

by Anonymousreply 113December 3, 2022 2:47 PM

After this tournament the USA needs to spend all their energy on finding a number 9

by Anonymousreply 114December 3, 2022 2:54 PM

they are not good enough

by Anonymousreply 115December 3, 2022 3:04 PM

The US has many issues but the coaching is horrible

by Anonymousreply 116December 3, 2022 3:23 PM

the netherlands look measured, controlled and tough. they could go far in this tournament

by Anonymousreply 117December 3, 2022 3:42 PM

The US are laughably bad in the attack, even when they have extended control of the ball

by Anonymousreply 118December 3, 2022 3:47 PM

You'd struggle too with bruised testicles.

by Anonymousreply 119December 3, 2022 4:45 PM

Soccer legend Pele 'is moved to end-of-life care' in hospital, as doctors stop chemotherapy with his body not responding to it in his fight against bowel cancer

by Anonymousreply 120December 3, 2022 4:49 PM

predictions for Argentina/Australia. I think another 3-1 scoreline

by Anonymousreply 121December 3, 2022 4:56 PM

What kind of armband is Lionel Messi wearing?

by Anonymousreply 122December 3, 2022 6:02 PM

Pele dying during the World Cup would be a huge bummer.

by Anonymousreply 123December 3, 2022 7:23 PM

Pele dying would make the Brazilian team even more hysterical then before their 1-7.

by Anonymousreply 124December 4, 2022 1:06 AM

The Dutch played a phenomenal match. Deserved every point. On 'em!!

Missed the Argentina/Oz match. Didn't want to watch another slaughter. 2-1. Wasn't that bad, but . . .

by Anonymousreply 125December 4, 2022 4:38 AM

I think if the brazil wins, then they will dedicate their win to him. they will want to do it for him. He's won 3 world cups! he's the best!

by Anonymousreply 126December 4, 2022 5:43 AM

pele on instagram---------

pele  My friends I want to keep everyone calm and positive thinking. I'm strong, very hopeful, and following my treatment as usual. I want to thank the whole medical and nursing team, for all the zeal I've been receiving. I have a lot of faith in God and every message of love I receive from you, coming all over the world, keeps me full of energy. And watch Brazil in the World Cup too! Thank you so much for everything. 🙏🏾

by Anonymousreply 127December 4, 2022 6:48 AM

Supermodel Giroud scores for France.

by Anonymousreply 128December 4, 2022 2:45 PM

It seems Lewandowski has done nothing but miss penalties lately. His conversion rate used to be extremely high.

Mbappé and Giroud had a very intense celebration.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129December 4, 2022 6:25 PM

I thought theyr were going to kiss

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130December 4, 2022 6:28 PM

Hendo!

by Anonymousreply 131December 4, 2022 6:39 PM

have been saying for the last year that I need Hendo inside me but now i'm furiously googling his house address sorry Mrs. Hendo

by Anonymousreply 132December 4, 2022 7:04 PM

Damn, England Vs France is gonna be epic!

by Anonymousreply 133December 4, 2022 8:01 PM

Lucky Mbappe at R129.

by Anonymousreply 134December 4, 2022 8:37 PM

Never been more jealous of Bellingham than I was tonight....sweating

Can anyone decent at lipreading tell what Hendo said to him here after to goal?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135December 4, 2022 11:17 PM

bravo??

by Anonymousreply 136December 4, 2022 11:33 PM

This is what Ross Kemp sounds like when I have my way with him

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137December 4, 2022 11:56 PM

LOL R136 why would he say that? He's a young British man from the Northeast

by Anonymousreply 138December 4, 2022 11:57 PM

[quote]Can anyone decent at lipreading tell what Hendo said to him here after to goal?

He's saying either "I fucking love you" or "I fucking love this."

by Anonymousreply 139December 5, 2022 8:10 AM

not sure how much longer Japan can withstand this pressure from Croatia.

by Anonymousreply 140December 5, 2022 2:33 PM

nevermind

by Anonymousreply 141December 5, 2022 2:45 PM

Japan not taking the easy route: Germany, Spain, Croatia, potentially Brazil or Portugal. Maybe the could win it. 🏆

by Anonymousreply 142December 5, 2022 2:53 PM

Croatia's very close to getting their second goal and winning the match

by Anonymousreply 143December 5, 2022 3:24 PM

does it go into extra time and penalty shoot out if it's tied?

by Anonymousreply 144December 5, 2022 3:32 PM

R144 yes

by Anonymousreply 145December 5, 2022 3:39 PM

Penalty shootout!!!

by Anonymousreply 146December 5, 2022 4:33 PM

damn poor Japan. terrible penalty shots from Japan. so weak. they must be tired.

by Anonymousreply 147December 5, 2022 4:39 PM

so sad, Japan lost. was rooting for them.

Now it's Brazil and S. Korea

by Anonymousreply 148December 5, 2022 4:44 PM

I didn't think much of South Korea's chances, but they're being despatched very easily. I still think they're the most likely winners.

by Anonymousreply 149December 5, 2022 6:31 PM

I mean Brazil are the most likely winners, of course.

by Anonymousreply 150December 5, 2022 6:32 PM

Sad to see Japan go out failing so badly at penalties. Antithesis of their never say die attitude. They really shit the bed at the end.

The Koreans on the other hand have had their ass handed to them. Brazil look unbelievable. I hope SK can eke out a goal or 2 for consolation. Sucks that concaaf and Asia are completely out of the cup.

by Anonymousreply 151December 5, 2022 7:16 PM

Ok, SK got one.

by Anonymousreply 152December 5, 2022 7:46 PM

all these supposed ‘greats’ are penalty merchants that can’t score from open play send tweet

by Anonymousreply 153December 5, 2022 7:58 PM

Alisson subbed off for Weverton…

Ederson can’t even get play time over a guy named Weverton.

by Anonymousreply 154December 5, 2022 8:00 PM

I can't believe Dani Alves has actually played two games at the World Cup and could easily have scored when his career seemed over and done with long ago.

by Anonymousreply 155December 5, 2022 8:07 PM

right then....anyone got any pointers for taking out Mbappe? before or after the weekend match, either way

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156December 5, 2022 11:58 PM

Argentina NT are on a whole other level. Look what De Paul just casually told to the press...

[quote] Otamendi is an animal on the pitch but in the room he's a teddy bear. He's a beauty, he turns my ipad off, he covers me with the sheet, it's beautiful. Then he goes out on the pitch and murders you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157December 6, 2022 12:19 AM

R157 haha. that's cute

by Anonymousreply 158December 6, 2022 12:36 AM

Portugal is on fire!

by Anonymousreply 159December 6, 2022 7:15 PM

ok who edited the Bounou wiki lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160December 6, 2022 11:45 PM

My prediction that Switzerland might cause problems for Portugal was so wrong. They should have parked the bus like Morocco did against Spain but then I suppose they thought they'd be in with a chance if Portugal were as bad as they were in the group stages. Without Ronaldo, Portugal look like a genuine threat.

by Anonymousreply 161December 6, 2022 11:53 PM

Spain got 0 penalty kicks and lost to Morocco with 3 ??

WTF? Was this as unexpected as I would have thought? (I don't watch bec it's boring, but I vaguely follow it)

by Anonymousreply 162December 7, 2022 12:05 AM

I though Japan was poor at penalty kicks. Spain was even worse!!!

by Anonymousreply 163December 7, 2022 12:12 AM

Yes, it's the only upset of the first round of knockouts. Spain's problem is that they don't really have good strikers and are low on creative players so when the opposing team plays ultra defensively they don't have many resources. As for the missed penalties, 0 scored is terrible. Why Busquets was chosen, I don't know, he is not known for either penalties or scoring. I don't know why Pedri didn't take one instead. Ferran Torres would have been a good penalty taker but he was substituted.

by Anonymousreply 164December 7, 2022 12:13 AM

Cheers R139! Was bugging me all weekend but now I can enjoy the celebration even more fully ;)

by Anonymousreply 165December 7, 2022 12:38 AM

I bet Casablanca is wild tonight!

by Anonymousreply 166December 7, 2022 4:39 AM

amazing how much time WC games fill. at a loose end tonight tbh

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167December 7, 2022 5:15 PM

Seriously, what am I supposed to do with my time with yet another day without any games? Work?

by Anonymousreply 168December 8, 2022 5:01 AM

France beat Poland FOUR one. That overhead kick resulting in a goal by Giroud that was disallowed was sheer artistry!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169December 8, 2022 5:14 AM

R169 ugh nooo can’t watch the Frogs be good, it’s making me feel sick😖😞🙈🔫

by Anonymousreply 170December 8, 2022 7:44 AM

R170 I have one word for you: Waterloo

by Anonymousreply 171December 8, 2022 7:48 AM

R171 true!👏

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172December 8, 2022 7:56 AM

If we beat France it’s solely down to Big Dave the England camp Cat #5.5 and if we lose to France it’s the fault of every player on both teams that I don’t like so write that down

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173December 8, 2022 11:38 PM

i'm hoping for a Portugal - Brazil final so Brazil can knock out their former Imperial overlords

by Anonymousreply 174December 8, 2022 11:45 PM

England is toast tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 175December 9, 2022 1:14 AM

I'm hoping 1-1 for most of the Frogs/Poms match. Then in the 88th minute, Giroud kicks another one of those tres magnifique overhead goals. And this time it's allowed.

by Anonymousreply 176December 9, 2022 10:30 AM

This is not what I expected!!! Penalties again!

by Anonymousreply 177December 9, 2022 4:43 PM

Brazil lost!!

This is what happens when they disrespect their rivals by dancing!

by Anonymousreply 178December 9, 2022 4:48 PM

Brazil goes home. Croatia is through to the semis. Shazam!

by Anonymousreply 179December 9, 2022 4:50 PM

This is fucking sad, I picked Brazil to win the world cup!

by Anonymousreply 180December 9, 2022 4:51 PM

Do not ever get into a penalty shootout with Croatians.

Brazil just had to defend for 15 minutes and they couldn't get that right. They are too football savvy to be naive. But perhaps the mentality to go forward, to show off a bit prevented them from just sitting back and defend. When you have a one goal lead in extra time, you should have more defenders in your half than your opponents have attackers.

by Anonymousreply 181December 9, 2022 4:55 PM

C'mon Netherlands! beat argentina!!!

by Anonymousreply 182December 9, 2022 4:55 PM

This timeline had better not be preparing for Ronaldo to win the World Cup, I swear.

by Anonymousreply 183December 9, 2022 4:58 PM

I'm pulling for Morocco to win. I wouldn't mind though if Portugal it all. I'm also thinking England will have another heartbreaker.

by Anonymousreply 184December 9, 2022 5:05 PM

Dance more cunts

by Anonymousreply 185December 9, 2022 5:06 PM

Dancing is a Brazilian expression of joy, if you know any they will samba through any happy occasion.

I like the team it’s probably the most complete team in terms of great players not stuck on a bench but it did warm my heart to see Modric pull it off one last time.

by Anonymousreply 186December 9, 2022 6:57 PM

netherlands are such fucking chokers.

by Anonymousreply 187December 9, 2022 7:55 PM

omg such fucking DRAMA!!!!

by Anonymousreply 188December 9, 2022 8:03 PM

Brazil out and Argentina continuing was my nightmare scenario. Goddamnit.

by Anonymousreply 189December 9, 2022 9:02 PM

Two great matches, and I'm happy to see Neymar looking sad.

by Anonymousreply 190December 9, 2022 10:45 PM

yo Ney...sunny innit

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191December 9, 2022 11:43 PM

Just watched the Netherlands-Argentina penalty shootout, and it was so tense I'm glad I didn't watch it live. Emi Martinez was the hero once again and Lautaro Martinez redeemed himself for all the previous misses.

by Anonymousreply 192December 9, 2022 11:48 PM

telling me Roy Keane stormed home two weeks early because he got in a fight on air with Graeme Souness....screaming this is so funny and peak Keano. ofc he fucking did that

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193December 10, 2022 12:02 AM

In the 2nd half I was telling my dad that if by some miracle Netherlands tied the game, they must score the comeback goal before the extra time ends, cause something tells me the Dutch would lose on the penalties round. . He didn´t trust me, lol...

by Anonymousreply 194December 10, 2022 12:27 AM

R176 we won't be told a word of it by a man wearing wooden jewellery who barbeques for Christmas. Not seemly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195December 10, 2022 12:48 AM

MURDER AT THE WORLD CUP!

I HOPE YOU GUYS ARE ENJOYING THE MATCHES

by Anonymousreply 196December 10, 2022 4:21 AM

The English ref at the Brasil/Croatia match and his yellow card jones. I'm surprised he had enough to go around.

by Anonymousreply 197December 10, 2022 6:12 AM

R197 they’re not like that in Prem, dunno what his problem was

by Anonymousreply 198December 10, 2022 11:39 AM

can’t lie yeah the way aguero hangs around with the argentina squad reminds me of them kids that would get excluded but still be hanging around the school gates at 3pm

by Anonymousreply 199December 10, 2022 11:47 AM

Go Morocco!

by Anonymousreply 200December 10, 2022 4:32 PM

A is there a separate thread for England and France?

by Anonymousreply 201December 10, 2022 4:32 PM

I'm so happy the narcissistic rapist is gone. Spend your Christmas to find another job cunt!

by Anonymousreply 202December 10, 2022 4:47 PM

R202 ee’s DEAAAAAD, ee’s dead ee’s dead ee’s deeaaaad, ee’s deaaaad, ee’s deaaaaad!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203December 10, 2022 5:09 PM

On to more important news: England’s no. 1 Jordan Pickford is on his fiftieth cap today🎉

Congrats Pickers, you’ve done us proud lad!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204December 10, 2022 5:18 PM

In beating Portugal, Morocco set two Mundial records:

First African country to go through to the semi-finals in Mundial history.

First Muslim country to go through to the semi-finals in Mundial history.

by Anonymousreply 205December 10, 2022 5:18 PM

38 minutes to the England/France match. I'm betting we watch the boys chase each other around the field for 120 min. Then the match is decided by penalty shootout.

by Anonymousreply 206December 10, 2022 5:22 PM

Nope, France will score and win.

by Anonymousreply 207December 10, 2022 5:44 PM

I honestly don't know who to cheer for. I kind of think France will win but would be happy with either advancing. Just hoping for a good match

by Anonymousreply 208December 10, 2022 5:49 PM

I think we will see multiple goals

by Anonymousreply 209December 10, 2022 5:49 PM

England and France. Hopefully good match.

by Anonymousreply 210December 10, 2022 5:52 PM

No. Not today. Not this way😞

by Anonymousreply 211December 10, 2022 6:17 PM

That was a foul on my Prince Buk

by Anonymousreply 212December 10, 2022 6:17 PM

I want Giraud and Hendo deep inside me.

by Anonymousreply 213December 10, 2022 6:18 PM

France scored beautifully

by Anonymousreply 214December 10, 2022 6:18 PM

What a strike!

by Anonymousreply 215December 10, 2022 6:19 PM

Delusional England fans think have a chance against the French.

by Anonymousreply 216December 10, 2022 6:19 PM

R213 can have Giroud and the rest of his rancid slimy scaly team. Hendo is MINE

by Anonymousreply 217December 10, 2022 6:21 PM

France just looks on a different level

by Anonymousreply 218December 10, 2022 6:21 PM

The man marking tho… Shaw coming in hot against Dembele… fucking hot

by Anonymousreply 219December 10, 2022 6:24 PM

[quote]R213 can have Giroud and the rest of his rancid slimy scaly team. Hendo is MINE

Fine. Luke Shaw is mine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220December 10, 2022 6:25 PM

H spursy skills finally proving useful

by Anonymousreply 221December 10, 2022 6:26 PM

Correct fucking call. Kane wasn't even playing the ball anymore. He was waiting for a foul.

by Anonymousreply 222December 10, 2022 6:27 PM

R216 we do have a chance even now in the thick of it. No one said it was a big one or a good one, but we have one.

by Anonymousreply 223December 10, 2022 6:27 PM

Lloris is unreal tbf and it makes me vom saying it.

Why wasn’t anyone there to toe poke one in just then?

by Anonymousreply 224December 10, 2022 6:30 PM

Bukayo & Phil need some help abeg you. They’re just little boys😞

by Anonymousreply 225December 10, 2022 6:31 PM

Receding hairline whistle blowing jobsworth prick ref

by Anonymousreply 226December 10, 2022 6:34 PM

number 14 ponytail twat needs to choke on moule frites from Auchan

by Anonymousreply 227December 10, 2022 6:37 PM

YES HENDO CLATTER THEM FOR US SEXY

by Anonymousreply 228December 10, 2022 6:38 PM

everyone trying the Netherlands rolling short pass on free kicks. Portugal tried it too

by Anonymousreply 229December 10, 2022 6:41 PM

getting a little chippy

by Anonymousreply 230December 10, 2022 6:48 PM

these threads get quiet when England is down 🤣

by Anonymousreply 231December 10, 2022 6:53 PM

I will lose interest if France goes thru. I'm not interested in any of the countries remaining...

it was so rigged for Argentina. The refs were fans of Messi

by Anonymousreply 232December 10, 2022 7:03 PM

England just equalized! Fuck yeah!!!

by Anonymousreply 233December 10, 2022 7:14 PM

french team has a good looking kit. Love the red socks.

by Anonymousreply 234December 10, 2022 7:16 PM

as a neutral for this match I am loving this

by Anonymousreply 235December 10, 2022 7:18 PM

[quote] Emi Martinez was the hero once again

I love that crazy man.

by Anonymousreply 236December 10, 2022 7:32 PM

the ref has been pretty bad this match

by Anonymousreply 237December 10, 2022 7:34 PM

The french cunts are falling down too easily. Henderson runs past Giroud and barely touches him, and the cunt falls down and waves his hands

by Anonymousreply 238December 10, 2022 7:36 PM

Giroud can do anything he wants, what a beautiful hunk of man.

by Anonymousreply 239December 10, 2022 7:43 PM

England missed a pk shot. Harry over shot it

Doesn't look good for England.

by Anonymousreply 240December 10, 2022 7:46 PM

this match is making me a nervous wreck, and i'm not invested in either team

by Anonymousreply 241December 10, 2022 7:46 PM

what was that by mason mount? 🤣

by Anonymousreply 242December 10, 2022 7:48 PM

That’s harsh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243December 10, 2022 7:53 PM

Mbappe slapping Giroud repeatedly was hot.

by Anonymousreply 244December 10, 2022 7:54 PM

I hope to see Croatia or Morocco win WC. I do not want Argentina or France to win!

by Anonymousreply 245December 10, 2022 8:04 PM

Brexit part 2

by Anonymousreply 246December 10, 2022 8:10 PM

Nice field goal from Kane. 🏈

by Anonymousreply 247December 10, 2022 8:15 PM

Whoever thought England would beat France was kidding themselves.

by Anonymousreply 248December 10, 2022 8:23 PM

Did Varane's bulge make an appearance in this game?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249December 10, 2022 8:31 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!