Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tasteful friends......."Black, queer, woman...dreamer....and..introvert" reflects on the Beauty of Blackness

No, not Montecito.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34December 2, 2022 9:26 PM

I am unconvinced by this proposition..

by Anonymousreply 1November 30, 2022 8:35 PM

I’d be convinced if there was a big black duck waiting in the bedroom.

by Anonymousreply 2November 30, 2022 9:12 PM

I’ve seen many “queer women” in my lifetime, and believe me, there is nothing beautiful about them.

by Anonymousreply 3November 30, 2022 9:18 PM

Why is she "designing" a rental apartment? You are just supposed to live there.

I hope the building got an ample security deposit.

by Anonymousreply 4November 30, 2022 9:24 PM

It’s my entire personality.

by Anonymousreply 5November 30, 2022 9:26 PM

This ego shit is out of control

by Anonymousreply 6November 30, 2022 9:26 PM

How exactly does this apartment “reflect blackness?” Aside from that giant picture up on the wall of a black woman, the rest of the apartment looks like it could easily be a white person’s apartment, or anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 7November 30, 2022 9:28 PM

Is there chicken frying in the kitchen?

by Anonymousreply 8November 30, 2022 9:29 PM

Maybe all of the furniture was stolen.

by Anonymousreply 9November 30, 2022 9:37 PM

I bet she also has a big ass budget weave. Ghurl! You is in too deep.

by Anonymousreply 10November 30, 2022 9:39 PM

I bet she would be a hoot at my Gone with the Wind party. Remember, knife under the bed will help cut the pain. Especially on that 'first' time.

by Anonymousreply 11November 30, 2022 9:41 PM

There's no humor there

by Anonymousreply 12November 30, 2022 9:52 PM

Everyone these days has such a victim mentality.

by Anonymousreply 13November 30, 2022 9:55 PM

That's ok if you have like one friend over at a time. Only a sofa and that big ottoman that someone couldn't relax on. That should be a cushy arm chair.

And the dinette chairs look uncomfortable.

So I think it looks impractical, unless you're always alone - and even then, get more comfortable chairs so you could use the table as a desk or laptop surface.

by Anonymousreply 14November 30, 2022 10:02 PM

My favorite aspect of this entire post is that they're trying to convince readers that Oakland, California is somehow supposed to be aspirational. Rental or otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 15November 30, 2022 10:17 PM

R15 I live in the Bay Area, and to be fair, there are parts of Oakland that are very nice. But (I’m sure you know this already) those are not the parts that are mostly black.

by Anonymousreply 16November 30, 2022 10:19 PM

She lost me with that virtue signaling, frau art "exist, resist, indigenize & decolonize"

Yeah. Looks real authentic. Actually it looks like Amazon, Wayfair & Pottery Barn just like a lot of other staged apartments. I'm not sensing the blackness.

by Anonymousreply 17November 30, 2022 10:20 PM

I like the picture of the Fished-eyed Fool over the TeeVee.

by Anonymousreply 18November 30, 2022 10:27 PM

You have a thing for Daffy, R2?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19November 30, 2022 10:29 PM

So is this how people talk now?

by Anonymousreply 20November 30, 2022 10:45 PM

I’m getting the feeling that blackness, like transness, is all in the mind and whatever you want it to be.

by Anonymousreply 21November 30, 2022 10:46 PM

R8, no.

Fish don't fry in the kitchen. Beans don't burn on the grill.

by Anonymousreply 22November 30, 2022 10:47 PM

[quote] "exist, resist, indigenize & decolonize"

I know these are verbs but what do they mean?

Inane slogans like these need a noun or two.

by Anonymousreply 23December 1, 2022 2:11 AM

Imagine being her landlord.

If she perceives the slightest grievance in her tenancy or relationship with that landlord, she'll be down on them with BLM like a ton of bricks.

by Anonymousreply 24December 1, 2022 5:30 AM

[quote]Fish don't fry in the kitchen. Beans don't burn on the grill.

She's movin' on up! To Oakland!

by Anonymousreply 25December 1, 2022 4:58 PM

What an insufferable thread.

JFC.

by Anonymousreply 26December 1, 2022 5:29 PM

She shooo do luv dat home of hers!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27December 1, 2022 6:23 PM

Is Jesus relevant to this thread, R26?

by Anonymousreply 28December 1, 2022 8:03 PM

R16, I also noticed that she doesn't have living room furniture grouped for conversation. It's a set-up for a couch potato. The website also took pains to keep most of her treadmill out of the picture. Reserving floorspace for exercising is the only justification I see for the furniture placement. It's also a very small table that only accommodates four people.

It's not a bad space but it's cold and empty except for the bedroom, where I bet she spends 90 percent of her time.

Apartment Therapy has showcased worse apartments.

by Anonymousreply 29December 1, 2022 8:13 PM

a suitable house for Ngozi Fulani?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30December 1, 2022 9:09 PM

I love how she's taken ownership of the colour white. She covers the walls of her rooms with it but then, in a gesture of defiance, hangs images of Black women on top. White has now become subservient to black, both in tonal value and social construct.

She's reclaiming her identity as a fierce Black woman and using literal colours to achieve this.

by Anonymousreply 31December 2, 2022 5:42 PM

[quote] fierce Black woman

'Fierce' things belong in cages.

by Anonymousreply 32December 2, 2022 8:01 PM

[quote]I love how she's taken ownership of the colour white. She covers the walls of her rooms with it but then, in a gesture of defiance, hangs images of Black women on top

This is the dumbest shit I’ve read all year.

by Anonymousreply 33December 2, 2022 9:05 PM

R33, wanna buy London Bridge?

I'm selling it real cheap.

by Anonymousreply 34December 2, 2022 9:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!