Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Christina Applegate

We're always cunts about everyone here but I want to say something nice.

I really have a massive amount of respect for Christina Applegate and for finishing her show. She's done some interviews where I just felt a need to be supportive. She's dealing with a lot and still did great work.

I don't care if she's fat now.

That's all.

by Anonymousreply 34December 30, 2022 4:51 PM

I appreciate her candor and honestly while she deals with all she does.

by Anonymousreply 1November 30, 2022 8:26 PM

I've always liked her. Hoping all the best for her.

by Anonymousreply 2November 30, 2022 8:30 PM

She's great. I hope she can continue to work in the entertainment industry, while dealing with her MS.

by Anonymousreply 3November 30, 2022 9:55 PM

Christina is such a kind soul. With all the crap she’s gone through it’s amazing she grew up to be so lovely. Did anyone see the episode she did of Who Do You Think You Are? for her father?

She talked a few years ago growing up on assistance with her mother as a kid. She was the breadwinner for the family. She credits Ed O’Neill and Katey Sagal for raising her and if there’s anything good about her it came from them. She went through her mother’s breast cancer diagnosis and treatment while on Married… with Children and they rallied around her. She’s lucky to have so much support. I’ve never heard one bad word about Christina. Those who know her absolutely adore her.

And OP, she said she’s aware she’s gained 40 lbs.

by Anonymousreply 4November 30, 2022 10:01 PM

Here’s the episode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5November 30, 2022 10:02 PM

I’ve always liked her no-nonsense attitude. She seems pretty down to earth and not “Hollywood” at all.

by Anonymousreply 6November 30, 2022 10:33 PM

OP, you're a cunt, accept it.

by Anonymousreply 7November 30, 2022 10:36 PM

I’ve always loved her, even though I haven’t always liked the shows in which she’s appeared. She’s like an eternally cool older sister…nothing can tarnish her shine.

I wish her the best.

by Anonymousreply 8November 30, 2022 10:39 PM

“I’m right on top of that, Rose!”

by Anonymousreply 9November 30, 2022 10:42 PM

Kelly Bundy is an icon!

by Anonymousreply 10November 30, 2022 10:43 PM

She’s brilliant on “Dead to Me.” I’m watching Season 3 now.

by Anonymousreply 11November 30, 2022 11:42 PM

I have always really liked Applegate. I have never heard anything bad said about her.

by Anonymousreply 12November 30, 2022 11:47 PM

She's fat now? Didn't know, frankly don't care. I love her old/young/fat/skinny and anything else you can conjure up. I want her to be healthy and to live forever.

by Anonymousreply 13December 1, 2022 12:01 AM

Don’t forget she also had breast cancer and a double mastectomy in her 30s. She’s been through a LOT.

I wish her nothing but good things.

by Anonymousreply 14December 1, 2022 12:09 AM

Love Christina. Great person, great actress. She just exudes goodwill. She's consistently good.

I love the fact that she won an Emmy for a guest role on Friends, which is fitting because she is a superior actress to all six of the main stars.

by Anonymousreply 15December 1, 2022 12:19 AM

OP here - I didn't mean I was judging her weight gain, but it's been mentioned to death in recent articles. I just meant I don't care, I don't know why it's such a matter to fuss about.

Sorry, was trying to post on my phone and should have said something that explained it a little better.

by Anonymousreply 16December 1, 2022 1:14 AM

I remember that Who Do You Think You Are...I ugly cried at that one

by Anonymousreply 17December 1, 2022 1:18 AM

Dead To Me is great. She's great. Been watching since Married With Children.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18December 1, 2022 1:33 AM

It amazed me how much she looked like Amy Schumer in the final season of Dead to Me. I love Christina. I wasn't the biggest fan of Married With Children, especially the later season when Kelly would walk in and bounce, and the audience would hoot. I am glad that Ed and Katie gave her stability, and I have enjoyed her throughout her career - even Samantha Who?

She has had a tough road with cancer, and MS, but she has kept a good attitude through it all, and I hope to see her in something new, now that Dead to Me is DEAD TO ME.

by Anonymousreply 19December 7, 2022 3:16 AM

I love her. Married With Children wasn’t my cup of tea, but I loved her in Samantha Who and Dead to Me. She makes me laugh, and I bet she would be a hoot to have a few drinks with. She’s smart and grounded.

I know her health is bad, but I hope she is able to continue to work. She’s a real talent, and deserves her success.

by Anonymousreply 20December 7, 2022 3:23 AM

She will be always forever be “Dead to Me”!

by Anonymousreply 21December 7, 2022 3:36 AM

I hated the Kelly Bundy character and I think she actually overplayed the dumbness.

I did see Who Do You Think You Are and she seemed like a decent person.

I hope she finds some promising treatment. I’m glad she’s not hiding away. Others with MS can be inspired by her living her life unapologetically.

by Anonymousreply 22December 7, 2022 3:41 AM

She's on Whore Island!

by Anonymousreply 23December 7, 2022 3:41 AM

Delightful on the underrated “Samantha Who?” and outstanding on “Dead to Me” — she mails each and every acid zinger as well as the pathos underneath.

I wish I’d had the opportunity to see her onstage in “Sweet Charity”. Wonder if she has any tales to tell about Neil Simon, since he became quite the character in his later years!

by Anonymousreply 24December 7, 2022 5:59 PM

Dead To Me is one of my favorite series ever. She and Linda Cardellini are brilliant together, and the writing is top notch. Good for her for finishing the project.

by Anonymousreply 25December 29, 2022 6:39 PM

I have never heard a single bad word about Christina Applegate. She is very well-liked in the Industry.

by Anonymousreply 26December 29, 2022 6:40 PM

Here was a TV sitcom actress making her Broadway debut in Sweet Charity. During the out of town tryout she BROKE her ankle. Rather than bowing out, she asked the producers to wait for her recovery. She got out of the cast, did a shitload of rehab, went back into rehearsals. With modified choreography to accomodate the injury she opened on Broadway with a cast and crew of over 100 who only got their jobs because of her name above the title. Lots of strength and courage there.

I can’t help but think of Jenna Elfman backing out of Nine when Jane Krakowsky’s contract ended. One fights back from adversity out of a sense of responsibility and the love of the work. The other one stiffs the production and staff. Where is Jenna now?

by Anonymousreply 27December 29, 2022 7:44 PM

[quote] I hated the Kelly Bundy character and I think she actually overplayed the dumbness.

Fuck you.

by Anonymousreply 28December 29, 2022 8:06 PM

I've really enjoyed Christina's work on Jesse and Samantha Who? Not so much on Married... With Children, but I'm glad her costars provided her with support and stability. She really does come off as a kind, grounded person in interviews. Here's hoping her health remains as good as possible and she's able to enjoy her life and career.

by Anonymousreply 29December 29, 2022 8:07 PM

Christina actually revealed that her and her mother lived on welfare when she was young. She seems close to her mother but she says that Katey and Ed are her true parents. They raised her and supported her through some of the darkest moments of her life. “Married with Children” is still her home away from home. She based Kelly Bundy on a real girl in a rock documentary. I can’t remember the name but I saw it. Christina tapped into that perfectly.

by Anonymousreply 30December 29, 2022 8:09 PM

I hope she writes a book. Has she shared details of what those darkest times were, [R30]?

by Anonymousreply 31December 30, 2022 5:20 AM

I saw her in SWEET CHARITY in Chicago. The choreography stunk but what she was given to do, she did well. What I remember most is during “The Rhythm of Life” the contrast between Oscar and Charity. Oscar is attempting to get into the whole scene, Charity at times being pushed, pulled and conjoled but picking up the vibe. There was a moment during when both Oscar and Charity start to pick up the “rhythm”in their own fashion .On the cast recording, you hear O’Hare singing off key while attempting to dance without any sense of rhythm.. Then a couple of the chorus girls take up the vocals with Christina joining in, totally in the same groove , which ended with a big note finish. It was so perfectly executed, It was a very interesting moment with the contrast between the two characters and perfectly played . You realized that Charity was someone very special a free spirit , and that she had no business being with Oscar. She was so fucking charming. If you didn’t love the character before that, you did then. And of course knowing the show,it was one of the few moments that really worked.

I think she was really handicapped by the choreography being so lackluster although that was only of the problems with the production. Afterwords my friend and I commented that it’s a shame, like many of these revivals/revisals which do not live up to the original productions. And commented that she probably could have done the Fosse choreography. I’ve seen other ladies do it who are not the best dancers but they still managed to execute other aspects of the character well. And hers was a rather unique approach to the role. Where others play the vulnerability behind a perceived toughness, Applegate had an innate sweetness and charm that came across We were very disappointed in how that production played out for her but as other posters noted, you got the sense that she not only wanted to do it, but was a total professional. Unlike that Beanie creature.

I’ve never really watched MARRIED WITH CHILDREN but when I did I liked her.Seeing her in CHARITY And the way that whole thing played out made me a fan.

by Anonymousreply 32December 30, 2022 1:50 PM

She was great as a homeless teen hooker in STREETS.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33December 30, 2022 2:33 PM

She was the perfect actress for the married with children "kelly" . She was great fun to laugh at and with , that takes a great actress to pull that off as well as she did.

by Anonymousreply 34December 30, 2022 4:51 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!