Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Let's Be: People on Public Transit

We're the British tourists thanking the driver as we get off the bus.

by Anonymousreply 28December 3, 2022 10:00 PM

I'm the young punk who won't get up for the two old ladies standing in front of him, one of who has a cane.

by Anonymousreply 1November 30, 2022 6:01 PM

We're the very numerous assholes who've never been taught that subway stations/bus stops are NOT:

1. Public gambling halls 2. Neighborhood social centers 3. Public bathrooms 4. Backdrops for your "art" i.e. graffiti 5. Drug distribution centers 6. Playgrounds/baby sitters for bored, frustrated teenagers 7. The neighborhood town dump

by Anonymousreply 2November 30, 2022 6:11 PM

i’m the inevitable person who sits gobbling takeout food with their bare hands after touching numerous fecal coated surfaces.

by Anonymousreply 3November 30, 2022 6:18 PM

It's just common courtesy to thank the driver, OP; plenty of New Yorkers do so.

by Anonymousreply 4November 30, 2022 6:37 PM

[quote] We're the British tourists thanking the driver as we get off the bus.

I do that in D.C. Especially when I ring for a stop.

Don't you thank the flight attendants when you disembark a plane? Courtesy - so cheap and easy.

by Anonymousreply 5November 30, 2022 6:55 PM

I'm the guy in the suit and tie whose license was suspended over a DUI yet who tells everyone he's taking the bus because his car is in the garage.

by Anonymousreply 6November 30, 2022 11:34 PM

Ugh R6.

That cut DEEP.

I'm the person who falls asleep and misses his stop and then has to get off and back on the other direction.

by Anonymousreply 7November 30, 2022 11:37 PM

I'm the old lady with her shopping trolley you're sitting uncomfortably next to because you haven't got the nerve to plunk yourself down next to the cute guy on the other side.

by Anonymousreply 8November 30, 2022 11:40 PM

R7 I'm your cousin. When travelling I always miss my stop too, because I refuse to ask anyone where I should get off. Would make me seem like a stranger in those parts.

by Anonymousreply 9November 30, 2022 11:46 PM

I'm the manspreader on the subway. Male and proud of it!

by Anonymousreply 10November 30, 2022 11:59 PM

I'm the guy who didn't pay his fare. Driver didn't say a thing. They never do.

What's it to you? Fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 11December 1, 2022 4:04 AM

You never see me. You don't know I'm there. Not until.you're walking away from the bus and check for your wallet.

I am the pickpocket.

by Anonymousreply 12December 1, 2022 4:24 AM

I'm the inevitable crazy person babbling shit.

Others sit there silently hating me, but don't say anything.

by Anonymousreply 13December 1, 2022 4:44 AM

I’m the spilled monster drink rolling, leaking neon, rolling, rolling.

by Anonymousreply 14December 1, 2022 5:40 AM

I’m the group of jiggling, big-booty women in thong bikinis, twerking and sliding on a greased-down tarp as our BFs upload videos to WorldStar of us cavorting and having simulated sex with a blind passenger’s German shepherd.

by Anonymousreply 15December 1, 2022 5:55 AM

I'm the cunt sitting three seats away who has her phone on speaker the entire time, listening to music way too loud or else shrieking back and forth with the cunt on the other end of her phone.

by Anonymousreply 16December 1, 2022 11:55 AM

I’m the bus driver. I know my union rights. I floor the accelerator to run lights, stomp so hard on the brakes that riders wince, and eyeball what gets put in the fare box. I’m a fat fuck that hates everyone, and never have to answer to mistreatment to passengers because union.

by Anonymousreply 17December 1, 2022 12:09 PM

I'm the cunt beside you watching annoying videos with the sound on. I should be shot in the head.

by Anonymousreply 18December 1, 2022 12:20 PM

[quote]one of who has a cane.

Oh, dear.

Plus it's a cunt who doesn't understand the R1 position.

by Anonymousreply 19December 1, 2022 12:31 PM

I'm the blind guy with the dog fumbling my way upstairs to the top deck. What can I say. He likes the view!

by Anonymousreply 20December 1, 2022 1:56 PM

I'm the guy in Lycra getting on the bus with my bike. You pretend not to look. But I caught you.

by Anonymousreply 21December 1, 2022 3:46 PM

I'm the busker letting my guitar echo off the tile walls of the tube station. Why do people walk by me so fast? Some even glare. Alright, I may be no McCartney, but my Yesterday is pretty good if I do say so.

by Anonymousreply 22December 2, 2022 3:54 AM

I'm the homeless man riding the night bus to stay warm all winter. Don't mind me. I brought a sleeping bag. But watch that bottle. It's not filled with tea.

by Anonymousreply 23December 2, 2022 2:59 PM

I’m the inevitable poker faced black youth blasting tinny rap music from my cracked phone, disturbing an otherwise fairly quiet subway car and silently DARING you to ask me to lower the volume. . I won’t use headphones because somehow I’ve deluded myself into believing you’re all impressed with both my incredible technology and choice of music, even though every other passenger including the musty- smelling homeless guy trying to sleep on an entire seat owns a cell phone. Your ride WILL be negatively affected by my desperate attempt at aggression, I promise you. I WILL BE SEEN AND HEARD.

(My equally repellent white counterpart is the chunky young man in a badly painted black matte BMW with tinted windows and a modified muffler. His car alarm is always going off because he cannot afford to correctly maintain his car).

Along with litter and public urination, we generously provide a significant part of what makes city life uglier than it has to be!

by Anonymousreply 24December 2, 2022 3:18 PM

I'm the circle jerk.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25December 2, 2022 3:35 PM

All these freaks! I'm the only normal person on the bus.

by Anonymousreply 26December 2, 2022 5:19 PM

[quote]It's just common courtesy to thank the driver, OP; plenty of New Yorkers do so.

Same here in L.A., and probably everywhere else.

by Anonymousreply 27December 3, 2022 9:42 PM

I’m the accidental brush of a bus conductor's hand that sends a jolt of longing straight to your groin.

by Anonymousreply 28December 3, 2022 10:00 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!