Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Duchess of Sussex signs off final podcast with pointed quote: 'What didn't you do to bury me?'

“What didn’t you do to bury me?,” the Duchess of Sussex has asked as she signed off the final episode of her podcast series with a pointed quote.

She finished the twelfth episode of her Spotify podcast, Archetypes, by reading out the quote by Greek poet Dinos Christianopoulos: “What didn’t you do to bury me? But you forgot that I was a seed.”

It brings an end to her series, during which she has interviewed dozens of guests about the archetypes - or “limiting beliefs'” - that women hold, saying she has “learned so much about them and also myself”.

The Duchess concluded the episode by saying: “I feel seen, I had never considered that in using my voice, that I would feel seen, but I do.

“Many moons ago I heard a quote that I will share with you today because as we talk about labels, tropes and boxes that some may try to squeeze you into and roles and stereotypes that are attributed to you that don't quite fit the full person that you are, this [quote] is what I wanted to leave you with.”

She added: “To that point my friend, keep growing and I’ll see you on the flip side. As ever, I’m Meghan.”

Meanwhile, she also revealed that Prince Harry advised her men should appear on the last episode of the Archetypes podcast to “broaden the conversation” about gender.

Until now, her Spotify podcast has exclusively featured interviews with women, something she said was “by design” so that women could be “heard and understood”.

However, she admitted that “at the suggestion of my husband,” the conversation and effort had to “actively include men” to challenge the “labels, tropes and limiting beliefs” that women hold.

Meghan invited Trevor Noah, Andy Cohen and Judd Appatow to feature on the final episode of the series, calling them “thoughtful men” who are behind “some of the most successful movies and TV shows”.

She said: “Until now, outside of a quick pop-in from my husband in the first episode, this show has featured exclusively women’s voices - and that’s by design.

“It’s important to us that women have space to share their authentic, complicated, complex and dynamic experiences…But through that process it also occurred to me, and truth be told at the suggestion of my husband, that if you really want to shift how we think about gender…that we had to broaden the conversation and we have to actively include men in that conversation and certainly in that effort.”

The Duchess added that to tackle the archetypes - or “limiting beliefs” - she has discussed in the series, that “it has to be larger than just conversations with women”.

“I thought for this final episode, wouldn’t it be interesting to sit with some men, hear their thoughts, and see what they think of Archetypes.”

Speaking to Andy Cohen, the American TV host and executive producer of Bravo's late night talk show Watch What Happens Live, the Duchess revealed that while filming Suits, she had asked to be on his show but was turned down.

“I was such a huge fan and…I was so eager to be on your show because I was such a [Real] Housewives fan at the time, and I just couldn’t get booked, Andy. So thanks for being here with me,” she told him.

Cohen responded he “had that feeling,” saying: “Oh my god, if it turns out that Meghan Markle actually expressed an interest to be on Watch What Happens Live - it is now the biggest blunder in 13 years of the show.”

She then said she “didn’t want to embarrass him” by bringing the incident up, but “thought it was funny to try to remember how things were”.

“Though I couldn’t at the time get on the couch to talk to Andy on his late night show - I was certainly well aware of his other big creation. The Real Housewives franchise,” she added.

Cohen asked: “The million dollar question is do you still watch the Housewives?”

The Duchess said that she “stopped watching the Housewives when my life had its own level of drama that I stopped craving [other peoples’]”.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106December 7, 2022 11:27 AM

[quote] Meghan invited Trevor Noah, Andy Cohen and Judd Appatow to feature on the final episode of the series, calling them “thoughtful men” who are behind “some of the most successful movies and TV shows”.

Andy Cohen?

Seriously?

by Anonymousreply 1November 29, 2022 1:35 PM

It’s time to put this to bed and move on with your life Meghan and Harry. We feel you, but give us a rest, please. You now have the opportunity to build a non-royal life…walk the walk already.

by Anonymousreply 2November 29, 2022 1:38 PM

Sourced from randompretentiousquotes.com.

by Anonymousreply 3November 29, 2022 1:48 PM

[quote]She finished the twelfth episode of her Spotify podcast, Archetypes, by reading out the quote by Greek poet Dinos Christianopoulos: “What didn’t you do to bury me? But you forgot that I was a seed.”

You're not like a gay poet who got ostracised from the Greek society over his confessional poetry, you're just a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 4November 29, 2022 1:52 PM

Twelve episodes and not one person had a quiet word in Megs ear that she spent her entire tedious podcast misusing the word "archetypes". Wonder why?

by Anonymousreply 5November 29, 2022 1:54 PM

She is such a victim!

by Anonymousreply 6November 29, 2022 1:56 PM

r5 Did she really? That's hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 7November 29, 2022 2:01 PM

[quote] What didn't you do to bury me?

I'm curious who she's referring to, when she says "YOU."

by Anonymousreply 8November 29, 2022 2:02 PM

She's so ridiculous How can anyone take her seriously?

by Anonymousreply 9November 29, 2022 2:09 PM

[quote] I'm curious who she's referring to, when she says "YOU."

The whole world, pretty much.

by Anonymousreply 10November 29, 2022 2:14 PM

Sent a squad of paparazzi. But, in time dear, in time.

by Anonymousreply 11November 29, 2022 2:18 PM

So she ended her flop of a show with 3 of the biggest douches in entertainment today. Where was Harry's ass at? Tied up in Oprah's basement like Mr. Barbrady trying to learn to read? I've come to the conclusion.... Nevermind.

by Anonymousreply 12November 29, 2022 2:24 PM

The whole thing would have been outsourced to a research and writing team, with questions formulated for her. You don't seriously think Betty Brazen is familiar with Greek poets do you?

by Anonymousreply 13November 29, 2022 2:30 PM

What a windbag and, yes, "Archetypes" is the wrong word for her theme. What a dumb ass.

[quote] Meghan invited Trevor Noah, Andy Cohen and Judd Appatow to feature on the final episode of the series, calling them “thoughtful men”

Again, Andy Cohen? He's done a lot to pigeonhole women as "housewives," constantly bitching and arguing amongst themselves, etc.

by Anonymousreply 14November 29, 2022 2:39 PM

She doesn’t understand what archetype means.

by Anonymousreply 15November 29, 2022 2:45 PM

It's funny how she keeps telling people "I was the smart one" when she was growing up, and yet she doesn't seem very smart.

by Anonymousreply 16November 29, 2022 2:48 PM

That’s actually a nice quote. But Andy Cohen??? Seriously?

by Anonymousreply 17November 29, 2022 2:52 PM

Maybe she's referring to street smarts?

by Anonymousreply 18November 29, 2022 2:52 PM

R17 I think she takes what she can get.

She thinks she’s A-List but can’t get any A-listers on the show.

by Anonymousreply 19November 29, 2022 3:01 PM

There's another kind of royalty in L.A. and another set of rings to kiss. So Andy Cohen it is.

by Anonymousreply 20November 29, 2022 3:06 PM

She's insufferable and a legend in her own mind.

Trevor's parents, Cory's parents and the mother of the lawyer who supposedly paid her off to annul the marriage and go away must all roar with laughter at King Charles. Charles is stuck with that viper for life while they are FREE.

by Anonymousreply 21November 29, 2022 3:07 PM

[quote]It's funny how she keeps telling people "I was the smart one" when she was growing up, and yet she doesn't seem very smart.

She thinks she can convince the listener that she’s not just beautiful, she’s smart, as she has actually never been regarded for her beauty instead of her intellect in her circle - the way you all regard her beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 22November 29, 2022 3:08 PM

What did I tell you bitches? She's a right spoiled cunt.

by Anonymousreply 23November 29, 2022 3:09 PM

We didn't cremate you, Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 24November 29, 2022 3:10 PM

Stow it Megs, and call your father.

by Anonymousreply 25November 29, 2022 3:15 PM

"I feel seen." What a halfwit. There's not a single thought in her head that isn't a cliché.

by Anonymousreply 26November 29, 2022 3:19 PM

Her next career move will be to jump on the metoo bandwagon.

by Anonymousreply 27November 29, 2022 3:25 PM

I'm too busy being a Humanitarian to call my father.

by Anonymousreply 28November 29, 2022 3:36 PM

Why on earth would Andy Cohen DO this? For the anecdotes?

She is the kind of woman he’d cast on one of his shows, though. Maybe he’s making the contact so he can get her cheap when she’s a broke and vindictive divorcee ready to spew.

by Anonymousreply 29November 29, 2022 4:07 PM

🙄 🙄 🙄

by Anonymousreply 30November 29, 2022 4:09 PM

I want everyone to take time today to reflect on what they have done to her.

by Anonymousreply 31November 29, 2022 4:39 PM

Some seeds grow into weeds and have to be hacked out of the soil.

by Anonymousreply 32November 29, 2022 4:45 PM

Persecution complex.

She thinks she's Rosa Parks or Joan of Arc.

Insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 33November 29, 2022 4:53 PM

I need to make a good vinaigrette to go with her word salads.

by Anonymousreply 34November 29, 2022 4:59 PM

Only 12 episodes? What a lazy bitch she is.

by Anonymousreply 35November 29, 2022 5:12 PM

Her goal was clear.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36November 29, 2022 5:15 PM

If she could just be quiet and stop talking to the media about her and Harry’s rift with the BRF. I’d be throwing myself into producing documentaries about things that move and inspire people…she has all of the tools and connections to do just that. Give interviews only, ONLY about your projects. She starting to remind me of JLo.

by Anonymousreply 37November 29, 2022 5:20 PM

Thrive, Sparkle! I hope all the hate fuels her.

by Anonymousreply 38November 29, 2022 5:29 PM

Defiant!

Fighter!

Icon!

by Anonymousreply 39November 29, 2022 5:45 PM

I love the way Andy humors the cunt by claiming it was his biggest error and regret that he didn't book her on his show when she was a fucking nobody. He has to be trolling Smeg.

by Anonymousreply 40November 29, 2022 6:02 PM

Please stop posting her botoxed, juviderm-filled smug face.

by Anonymousreply 41November 29, 2022 6:06 PM

Hilarious that she finishes up Archetypes with the guy that gave us the Real Housewives franchise. And she admits that he desperately tried to get on his show. So now she has him on HER show.

In other news, a big UK cop has revealed that she got a lot of serious threats, and some of the senders were prosecuted.

by Anonymousreply 42November 29, 2022 6:58 PM

What didn't you do to bury ME?

by Anonymousreply 43November 29, 2022 6:59 PM

Narcissistic Personality Disorder Archetype!

by Anonymousreply 44November 29, 2022 7:01 PM

Is "Humankind: Be Both" the new "Live, Love, Laugh"?

by Anonymousreply 45November 29, 2022 7:02 PM

Has reached the point of self-parody.

by Anonymousreply 46November 29, 2022 7:03 PM

Her time with the Royals was so awful that she's done nothing but talk about it for God knows how long.

Move on, Megs. You'll be happier if you do.

by Anonymousreply 47November 29, 2022 7:07 PM

Lol R43.

You win the thread.

by Anonymousreply 48November 29, 2022 7:08 PM

I had to stop listening to the podcast because there was something off putting about her interview voice. It's like a smooth jazz or adult contemporary DJ. Maybe an NPR weekend host who has to fake interest and become fake best friends with the frau audience.

by Anonymousreply 49November 29, 2022 7:11 PM

Way back when MM and Harry were dating, Wendy Williams said that MM applied for a job on the WW show (back when it was hot). WW was really mean, talking about MM, and it seemed like WW was a hater. I wonder what Wendy's observations were. Could be that WW didn't even experience MM's personality and was just being bitchy.

by Anonymousreply 50November 29, 2022 7:18 PM

It’s funny because people would assume Meghan would roll her eyes at the idea of Wendy Williams and Andy Cohen. That she was above them.

All because she married a Prince. This was a typical Hollywood girl who’s been stepped as a “humanitarian world leader” because she married a guy.

It doesn’t get anymore sexist than that. A true testament that marriage is still about social hierarchy and politics.

by Anonymousreply 51November 29, 2022 7:46 PM

Andy is cruel to troll her like that. He would never have booked her pre-Harry.

by Anonymousreply 52November 29, 2022 8:05 PM

What will her next podcast series be? She's been criticized by the sorts of people she admires for complaining too much in this pod-cast series and not focusing on anything other than her perceived victimization. But it's not clear if she has anything else to talk about.

On the other hand, she did get very high ratings for the podcasts, at least for the early episodes.

by Anonymousreply 53November 30, 2022 12:09 AM

Those were fake r53.

by Anonymousreply 54November 30, 2022 12:33 AM

Lmao r12! I'm dying! Haha...

by Anonymousreply 55November 30, 2022 12:34 AM

R55, yep, Harry is part of Oprah's book club now. " Go Dog Go" is Harry's favorite book.

by Anonymousreply 56November 30, 2022 1:34 AM

Wasn't she supposed to interview her good friend "Glo" Steinem? Whatever became of that?

by Anonymousreply 57November 30, 2022 2:17 AM

^^ good question. She's probably in the basement with Harry.

by Anonymousreply 58November 30, 2022 3:09 AM

Of course he’s sad that he won’t be able to create a show around her. She’s the type of personality that is perfect for his shows.

He should have recognized her superiority immediately, and presented hole.

by Anonymousreply 59November 30, 2022 11:05 PM

Grotesque, preening cunt.

by Anonymousreply 60November 30, 2022 11:06 PM

^^ she’s mad that Andy Cohen didn’t recognize her superiority immediately and is making him pay, now.

Speaking of making people pay for perceived slights… there’s going to be a race war in England and the US. We thought Trump was a divider? This bitch is sowing discord and chaos every single place she goes.

by Anonymousreply 61November 30, 2022 11:17 PM

We didn’t try cement shoes. What’s your size, dear?

by Anonymousreply 62November 30, 2022 11:20 PM

She’s every bad stereotype.

by Anonymousreply 63November 30, 2022 11:34 PM

People have forgotten her podcast existed, other than Serena Williams, only a bunch of nobodies and has beens bothered. You would think her socially calculating self will go after big names like Beyonce, Rihanna, Taylor Swift, Kamala Harris, Hilary Clinton or younger ones like Amanda Gorman and Simone Biles, but nope.

by Anonymousreply 64December 1, 2022 12:12 AM

Starlet married into the British royal family and comes to believe she speaks for some kind of women’s issue, why? Because she was treated poorly by the British press? Because she did not feel supported by the royal family? Trump, reality TV, Kardasians, now this. Who listens to this stuff? I never understand it. We had to listen to Trump- one of the most damaging influences on our nation in its history. Base mediocrity is on a level with real service, excellence and art. Why can’t people tell the difference?

by Anonymousreply 65December 1, 2022 12:13 AM

Oh, poor her.

by Anonymousreply 66December 1, 2022 12:20 AM

"Starlet"? That's playing pretty fast and loose with the English language, if you ask me.

by Anonymousreply 67December 1, 2022 1:04 AM

Happy she promoted this gay poet, though.

by Anonymousreply 68December 1, 2022 2:23 AM

[quote] there’s going to be a race war in England and the US. We thought Trump was a divider? This bitch is sowing discord and chaos every single place she goes.

As I keep telling, this cunt is divisive, greedy, and deplorable. King Charles must rein her in, or she will bring about the collapse of the BRF.

by Anonymousreply 69December 1, 2022 2:55 AM

Love the poster that applied the word grotesque to Markle.

So apt.

by Anonymousreply 70December 1, 2022 3:02 AM

Someone called her grotesque?

She would turn a gay man straight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71December 1, 2022 3:05 AM

You spelled Biden wrong r65.

by Anonymousreply 72December 1, 2022 7:44 AM

Meghan isn't anywhere close to destroying the monarchy. British people can't stand her and Harry and besides, it would take a generation or two to legally untangle the RF from the constitution. With all the unrest in the world right now, literally no one but us dorky royal watchers care about this family feud.

by Anonymousreply 73December 1, 2022 7:48 AM

I know it's been noted a million times but bitch needs to consult a dictionary-- her incorrect usage of the word archetype irritates the shit out of me.

by Anonymousreply 74December 1, 2022 10:44 AM

I tried to listen but couldn't get through the first few minutes. There is no room for anyone else. She is so self-obsessed, it's like a cat licking her own vagina.

by Anonymousreply 75December 1, 2022 11:29 AM

She didn't want to "embarrass" him, but she did it anyway. lol

The wife of the sixth in line (?) to the throne needs to get over herself. She's so smart that doesn't realize that her empowering women shtick doesn't make sense when the only reason she has any kind of platform is because of her husband. Insufferable cunt.

Go buy yourself another award, Meghan, then find something else to talk about if you must. Woe is me is boring.

by Anonymousreply 76December 1, 2022 11:47 AM

I just saw a trailer for their Netflix doc and it is everything you'd expect from this self-indulgent grifter duo.

by Anonymousreply 77December 1, 2022 11:53 AM

These cunts really are doing this to overshadow Will and Kate’s US tour. Charlie needs to cut them off completely.

by Anonymousreply 78December 1, 2022 11:58 AM

Starlet? She was not much more than a "veline" (one of those girls who assist game and talent show hosts on Italian TV), on "Deal or No Deal." Acting gigs that followed showed zero range as an actress.

by Anonymousreply 79December 1, 2022 1:45 PM

The important thing is that she is a star NOW.

by Anonymousreply 80December 1, 2022 1:51 PM

The duchess is now a Cuntess

by Anonymousreply 81December 1, 2022 1:53 PM

R80 except that she's a star in her mind only.

Sad!

by Anonymousreply 82December 1, 2022 3:28 PM

I’m starting to think that all of the women who married into this nutty brood are a bit crazy.

by Anonymousreply 83December 1, 2022 5:17 PM

Where was her Phaedra? Her Lady Macbeth?

by Anonymousreply 84December 1, 2022 5:42 PM

She's of so little importance in the UK you'd have to search for her to come up with any news about her. The fact is she was never of any importance to us Britons and that REALLY annoyed her. She's only ever been a laughing stock.

by Anonymousreply 85December 1, 2022 7:37 PM

After the podcast.

After the Netflix 6 part series.

After SPARE, Harry's tell-all.

After – presumably – ME, Meghan's tell-all.

THEN what?

One doubts they will have drained their well of hate, but diffuse irrelevance and ennui seems to loom.

by Anonymousreply 86December 2, 2022 8:52 AM

The "well of hate" is fed by a constant supply of artisanal overwhelmingly-negative Daily Mail articles and Piers Morgan rants, as well as psychotic losers across the interwebs.

by Anonymousreply 87December 2, 2022 11:00 AM

I’m so tired of these two. I felt for her AT FIRST same as Harry. But they’ve worn out the welcome and pity from me. They claim they’re poor but every deal they sign is insane Oprah type money and what exactly are they doing for content? Who gives a fuck about her views ? Their interviews with other rich annoying mostly black celebrities? I still hate what her jealous fugly disabled sister said about her to the press but damn Megan STFU already.

by Anonymousreply 88December 2, 2022 12:23 PM

[quote]It's funny how she keeps telling people "I was the smart one" when she was growing up, and yet she doesn't seem very smart.

Nah, that's common. Seriously smart women will never tell you they are. They assume their accomplishments speak for themselves, and if you don't get it, what's the point of insisting? In fact, most spend time covering it up when not in the workplace (and sometimes even then) because it still makes people uncomfortable.

by Anonymousreply 89December 2, 2022 12:53 PM

Her need for attention is pathological.

And that facial expression she always has on… the unhinged wide-eyed combination of desperate little girl/very manipulative adult.

It’s all beyond insufferable.

And he’s just a wet ginger blanket.

by Anonymousreply 90December 2, 2022 12:59 PM

[quote]She's of so little importance in the UK you'd have to search for her to come up with any news about her. The fact is she was never of any importance to us Britons and that REALLY annoyed her. She's only ever been a laughing stock.

Yet you are posting about her all the time. Can you explain why if she's of so little importance in the UK? She must be important to you somehow.

Are you an American or a Britisher?

by Anonymousreply 91December 4, 2022 6:11 PM

[quote] Yet you are posting about her all the time.

Says someone who is posting about her all time.

Oh the irony.

by Anonymousreply 92December 4, 2022 6:18 PM

R87 = butthurt Meghan

by Anonymousreply 93December 4, 2022 6:18 PM

They never got anywhere near that kind of money r88.

by Anonymousreply 94December 4, 2022 8:11 PM

Blind ltem #2 The alliterate one's podcast isn't being renewed. She can still keep doing it, but she needs to find a new sponsor.

by Anonymousreply 95December 6, 2022 9:54 PM

I really don't mind either way but why do they insist on always being in the media/public eye so much!! When they stood down from the Royal family i had alot of respect for their decision but I honestly don't understand this need for all this attention.

by Anonymousreply 96December 6, 2022 10:05 PM

Let's list things that we'd rather do than listen to one of her podcasts.

by Anonymousreply 97December 6, 2022 11:06 PM

She's quite obsessed with feeling "protected" and using her "voice." Those two things come up again and again. She takes herself very seriously, and is starring in a monumental, earthshaking, epic drama in her head. She has managed to manifest it to some extent. Wants nothing less than "icon" status. I guess that's what growing up on the fringes of showbiz will do.

Was just looking at pictures of Meg at her "anti-racism" do. She looks nice, been dieting hard. Wasn't host Kerry Kennedy the frau who had the torrid extramarital affair years ago? I remember listening to Howard Stern say how he found that kinda hot, that a plain soccer-mom type like Kerry had to blow up her marriage in order to satisfy her carnal desires.

by Anonymousreply 98December 6, 2022 11:33 PM

Meghan as usual is wearing something cut for a much taller woman, with a good figure.

by Anonymousreply 99December 7, 2022 8:16 AM

Her podcast was named no.1 for 2022 and just won an award.

by Anonymousreply 100December 7, 2022 8:21 AM

Where r100??

by Anonymousreply 101December 7, 2022 8:24 AM

'She then said she “didn’t want to embarrass him” by bringing the incident up, but “thought it was funny to try to remember how things were”. '

Mother of god she's trying to cap AC, i.e. "Now I'm the greatest tiger in the forest!" Pathetic, bathetic, bah.

by Anonymousreply 102December 7, 2022 9:09 AM

[quote]'What didn't you do to bury me?'

Enough, darling. We didn't do enough.

by Anonymousreply 103December 7, 2022 9:49 AM

[quote]As I keep telling, this cunt is divisive, greedy, and deplorable. King Charles must rein her in, or she will bring about the collapse of the BRF.

In a weird way, she's a gift to the BRF. As an example, she's continually attacked/shaded Kate, but Kate has never been more popular. The only people who buy her shit is Americans & no one (including other Americans) care what they think anyway. For however flawed they may be, her continually attacks, complaining about what did or didn't happen just makes her look deranged loon. And who hasn't had at least one drama queen family member, on a perpetual hunt for grievances?

It's been said to death, but it's so true: the inevitable crack up of their marriage is going to make the Brangelina break up look like a lovefest

by Anonymousreply 104December 7, 2022 10:45 AM

I’d enjoy the NPD cray cray more if she could have coupled it with a sense of humor. She’s 100% unlikeable.

by Anonymousreply 105December 7, 2022 10:58 AM

[quote]Why on earth would Andy Cohen DO this? For the anecdotes?

You're kidding, right?

by Anonymousreply 106December 7, 2022 11:27 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!