Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Collin Gosselin: My mom is a bitch and I hate her.

His side of the story. For the first time, Collin Gosselin candidly addressed his time at various institutions, revealing how the experience ended his relationship with mom Kate Gosselin.

Collin, 18, recalled being placed into the Fairmont Behavioral Health Institute after his mother claimed he required assistance for his "special needs" in 2016.

"It was definitely hard, like, not being in the media to kind of explain everything 'cause, you know, I wanted to take time for myself and I wasn't able to give the truthful answers," he told Entertainment Tonight on Monday, November 28. "I mean, there were just things out there, you know, not my words — other people’s words. It was tough, but, you know, it's good now to be able to put my own word out there."

According to Collin, his time in two different institutions affected his mental health. "Institution — [it was a] scary place, but I learned a lot about myself," he added on Monday. "I was in a dark place mentally. I think being in a place like that does more damage than it helps you."

He continued: "I spent my 13th and 14th birthday there, so I was young. I didn't have a lot of life skills. I didn't really know even what to expect, what to think of being there at the time, so I was hopeless and, you know, I figured out how to write to my dad and that was kind of one thing that kind of helped me mentally figure out that there was a way out of there in fact."

Collin recalled how that time caused him to cut ties with his mom, saying, "After being there, I didn't have a relationship with her. Even before then, I don't think we had much of a relationship and I think that just kept tearing it even more down so."

The former child star also reacted to Kate's past quotes claiming he has special needs. (Jon previously stated that Collin has ADHD.)

"It's unfortunate that that's how my mom, you know, phrased me as a person," he shared. "You know, I don't see those things and I don't think anybody else sees those things, but if that's how she sees me then, you know, that's her point of view and I hope that, if we met again one day, she would understand that, you know, it's not the case."

Kate, 47, first became a mom when she gave birth to twins Madelyn and Cara in 2000, whom she shares with ex-husband Jon Gosselin. Four years later, the pair welcomed Collin and his sextuplet siblings — Alexis, Hannah, Aaden, Leah and Joel.

After a decade of marriage, Kate and Jon, 45, called it quits. The TLC personalities eventually began battling for custody of their children amid their messy split. In 2016, Jon revealed that he hadn't seen his kids in years.

“[The twins] stopped coming [at 12 or 13]. I was just like, 'Hey, do what you want, be with your friends' and then it just became, ‘They're not coming.’ Then I had six [kids]," he detailed to ET at the time. "I was just focusing on the ones that did come and then a couple years went by and then Collin stopped coming. I thought, maybe he just wants to do stuff with Mommy or whatever, and then it became long-term."

It was revealed that same year that Kate had placed Collin in treatment. Jon ultimately removed the teen from Fairmont Behavioral Health Institute after his son begged for help in a 2017 letter, which was later made public.

"I told Mom I want to live with you, she said no. But right? She can't choose for me. I'm old enough now, I'm YOUR son, not hers. She was abusive to me after I left your house. I'm sorry. Take this to court because … you’re my dad, my savior," Collin wrote in the letter. "I'm counting on you to get me out of here. Daddy, I love you. Save me. Please come FAST. I love you. Help me. BYE."

Jon was awarded legal and physical custody of Collin in December 2018 after Kate and her attorney did not show up to court.

"It didn't really bother me," Collin said about his mother not fighting for custody. "I mean, it’s like I said, it's on her own terms and if she doesn't want to show up she doesn't have to show up."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106December 2, 2022 7:12 PM

Following the public ups and downs with his mother, Collin wanted to set the record straight about his life.

"I would say just from things that have been said and things that have been seen in the media, a big misconception about me is that I'm incapable or, you know, that I'm still kind of hung up on the things that I've been put through because I'm not," he explained. "I work just like everybody else. I go to school. I hang out with my friends. You know, my life is great and I'm very fortunate for the life I have now."

by Anonymousreply 1November 29, 2022 4:26 AM

Was this conversion therapy? Is he the gay kid?

by Anonymousreply 2November 29, 2022 4:32 AM

I wouldn't trust anyone insane and narcissistic enough to spend thousands on ivf when they have 2 children already.

by Anonymousreply 3November 29, 2022 4:34 AM

I would have institutionalized him for his bad grammar.

He writes like a special needs child.

Looks like he takes after mom and dad in the fame whore department.

by Anonymousreply 4November 29, 2022 4:39 AM

I watched this interview of Collin Gosselin. You don't institutionalize someone for ADHD. I'm guessing he was the most rebellious and outspoken out of the 8 kids. Kate, the control freak, couldn't handle it, so she sent him away. He then becomes the family scapegoat. 6 out of his 7 siblings won't touch him with a 10-foot pole. They don't want to be on the outs with KATE.

Jon (father) seems not ideal, too. After the divorce, the show went on without Jon. So, Kate had all the money. For that reason, I can believe that she out-lawyered him when it came to child custody.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5November 29, 2022 4:46 AM

I thought both of his parents were awful. Not just the Narc mom.

by Anonymousreply 6November 29, 2022 5:00 AM

R6 He is but obviously not as bad towards his son

by Anonymousreply 7November 29, 2022 5:02 AM

Wow I could've typed the OP title word for word. Poor guy I feel for him. I know what it's like to have a bitch mom who hates dad but takes it out on her children in passive aggressive mentally abusive ways, so she has plausible Plausible deniabiliity later when you inevitably react to her bad treatment. She can put the blame on dad or simply label you " the problem child" if there are other children in the home, anything to not take accountbillty for her actions. And since society worships even the worst moms and gives them the benefit of the doubt, you're almost never believed because everyone has such an amazing mother that they can't fathom a woman who completely hates her kids and purposely abuses them, but such women do exist and maternal abuse leaves life long scars. This is why I encourage family counseling after a divorce and no bashing the other parent in the child's presence.

by Anonymousreply 8November 29, 2022 5:14 AM

KHate is the ultimate Karen.

by Anonymousreply 9November 29, 2022 5:19 AM

Did she trade her 'Karen-bob' hairstyle for 'The Kardashian'?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10November 29, 2022 5:19 AM

Let's not forget that she stole a bunch of money from her kid's trust fund and claimed she was owed reimbursement for raising them. Jon is a smarmy fuck but he's a million times less gross than her.

by Anonymousreply 11November 29, 2022 3:41 PM

I can tell from that letter he's a manipulative punk. There are some male children that love punishing their mothers for having the courage to leave an unhealthy relationship. They don't stop until they destroy mom's life. Unfortunately for him, Kate is one strong bitch and turned the tables on him. He's well on his way to becoming an unproductive bum, like his father.

by Anonymousreply 12November 29, 2022 3:57 PM

r12, you sound like a psychopath.

by Anonymousreply 13November 29, 2022 4:04 PM

Nah. R12 is just Kate’s fuck toy bodyguard, watching her back.

by Anonymousreply 14November 29, 2022 4:11 PM

R8 is babbling. Society doesn't worship mothers. It worships children and men. It's just that some women don't think mothers should be footservants to children and are apparently punished for that.

by Anonymousreply 15November 29, 2022 4:37 PM

Good for him for having the guts to speak honestly about how much pain she has caused him. She's a vile cunt who deserves to go to hell.

by Anonymousreply 16November 29, 2022 4:45 PM

I always felt bad for Jon. Not everybody does well when it comes to employment. He has a passive personality and wasn’t up to providing for his family. That is a failure, but I don’t think that makes him a bad person.

I think Colin comes across as pretty smart for a teenager despite using “you know” every couple of words.

by Anonymousreply 17November 29, 2022 4:45 PM

Poor kid. Not shocking, but the whole thing is pathetic & sad.

How many reality “stars” has TLC ruined ?

Honey boo-boo … what’s up with Jazz Jennings

by Anonymousreply 18November 29, 2022 4:46 PM

Shut the fuck up R15 that's the shit I'm talking about. Women always need to victimize themselves for THEIR CHOICES. And having kids is a choice silly frau, it's not being a "footservant" it's called being a MOTHER, being present for your kids if they are going through something and if you weren't prepared for the difficult times you should've kept your legs closed and got a dog. And If society doesn't worship mothers then how come mother's day is such a big deal In America but barely a peep on Father's day? Go back in the kitchen you fat frau and make your husband some breakfast.

by Anonymousreply 19November 29, 2022 4:52 PM

r15 Yes, incels are supported everywhere and the education system is entirely rigged in their favor.

Remember how everyone railed against that poor mattress girl?

by Anonymousreply 20November 29, 2022 4:53 PM

r15 even media agrees, do you recall the crime of manspreading?

by Anonymousreply 21November 29, 2022 5:00 PM

She would have loved him if he didn't look so Asian, probably.

by Anonymousreply 22November 29, 2022 5:08 PM

I watched that whole interview. He's fine. Kid's working full time while in high school and is thinking of joining the Marines upon graduation. I'm thinking he missed out on proper schooling while institutionalized.

Who the heck puts a kid with ADHD in a state run institution? I'm coming across as a Haus Frau and I'm sorry but ADHD isn't institution worthy, man!

I hope the best for those kids. Half a dozen of them were on t.v. from birth and I think that's bananas.

by Anonymousreply 23November 29, 2022 5:18 PM

Kate looks at the kid and sees her ex husband, which is sad and unfortunate.

by Anonymousreply 24November 29, 2022 5:19 PM

It's a fair bet that there was something more than ADHD that sent Collin to a hospital.

Kate may have wanted to just send him away like a rich man would send away his troublesome Victorian housewife, but that's not how hospitalization works these days. The doctors involved wouldn't have kept Collin institutionalized if there wasn't some reason for it.

by Anonymousreply 25November 29, 2022 5:26 PM

Is this one of the “Housewives?”

by Anonymousreply 26November 29, 2022 5:27 PM

Kate is the poster child of being a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 27November 29, 2022 5:51 PM

R19 is damaged goods.

by Anonymousreply 28November 29, 2022 5:55 PM

Kate seems completely non maternal and should never have had one child, let alone eight.

by Anonymousreply 29November 29, 2022 6:06 PM

Kate Gosselin is a monster. I hope all 8 kids write tell all books.

by Anonymousreply 30November 29, 2022 6:07 PM

Kick her in the cuntbone, Collin!

by Anonymousreply 31November 29, 2022 6:17 PM

I know where that "Fairmount Behavioral Institute" is at; it's No-nonsense state institution in Upper Foxborough in Philadelphia. Lots of drug& alcohol hard core addicts are send their by the Commonwealth of Penna and Philadelphia courts. They don't play there, a smart assed psycho druggie acting out like Collin would get his ass kicked by the people there.. Lots of sexual assault there!!!

At one time, "Fairmount Farms was a "drying out place" Hollywood& Broadway stars. It was surrounded by all woods, only one way in and out. You could never find the place back in the 1930's. 40's and 50's.

by Anonymousreply 32November 29, 2022 6:31 PM

jon signed away his rights to his 8 children because he spent his share of the monies he made on sleazy whore GF's and Ed Hardy shirts& clothe and parties. Jon had no money left and no prospects to make money to support him 8 children.

by Anonymousreply 33November 29, 2022 6:40 PM

This whole situation could have been handled so much more efficiently.

by Anonymousreply 34November 29, 2022 6:53 PM

R19 = Colin on a bender with dad. I'm not your mommy, kid. Quit babbling and get on some medication.

by Anonymousreply 35November 29, 2022 6:55 PM

[quote] Let's not forget that she stole a bunch of money from her kid's trust fund and claimed she was owed reimbursement for raising them

No, that's LuAnn DeLesseps from the Real Housewives of New York.

by Anonymousreply 36November 29, 2022 7:11 PM

[R25] Oh you sweet summer child! People with money can and do have doctors who will pretty much do their bidding. It's the same way that the stars get prescription drugs they don't need and sometimes die from them.

You may not be able to get a doctor to lock up your troublesome child, but a rich person and in particular a rich celebrity would have no problem at all.

by Anonymousreply 37November 29, 2022 7:23 PM

I find it shocking that many here defend this twat. Having kids is fucking hard, but I guarantee this kid was just given away because she just couldn’t be bothered. If you were given away by your mother, then you have the right to speak — I was emotionally “given away” because I was and still am unwanted. I understand this kids pain.

He lost everything a kid has, his parents, his siblings, his school, his friends, his house. Annnnnd, then put into an environment that robbed him of any remaining innocence. Who is accountable for that shit? The fucking custodial parent, this bitch is accountable! And you act like she’s being crucified because she’s a woman? Bullshit! She’s a horrible person who gave up on her hurting kid, whose pain she caused to begin with.

by Anonymousreply 38November 29, 2022 8:07 PM

R33 is Kate Gosselin

by Anonymousreply 39November 29, 2022 8:19 PM

The Asian genes are strong in this one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40November 29, 2022 8:42 PM

The kid seems to be doing better despite the circumstances. It's a very cold world when you have no family support so I'm rooting for colin. He's the underdog of his family.

by Anonymousreply 41November 29, 2022 8:53 PM

[quote] She would have loved him if he didn't look so Asian, probably.

They all look that way.

None of her kids look white.

by Anonymousreply 42November 29, 2022 9:35 PM

She spent a lot of time fame-whoring and trying to get other reality shows. Lots of primping, preening and PR. She just sounds like a dreadful person to chase fame over caring for her son and getting him appropriate help.

by Anonymousreply 43November 29, 2022 10:54 PM

Remember when she thought she could easily hook up with with "a minor celebrity like Jeff Goldblum"?

by Anonymousreply 44November 30, 2022 7:21 AM

or Hasselhoff

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45November 30, 2022 7:23 AM

Hilarious, r44

"Kate is serious about going Hollywood", yep, I believe she was. No time for a kid struggling a bit.

by Anonymousreply 46November 30, 2022 9:09 AM

After giving birth to 8 kids and looking it, she thought she could bag a celebrity like Goldblum who ended up with a woman 30 years younger. She either has no self awareness or is batshit crazy.

by Anonymousreply 47November 30, 2022 9:33 AM

You have a very generous definition of "rich celebrity," r37. If she was rich enough to be able to pay to have a child institutionalized when he didn't quality for it, then she wouldn't have been stealing from her kids' trust funds.

The rich send their troublesome spawn to posh residencies, not to cheap state hospitals.

by Anonymousreply 48November 30, 2022 9:47 AM

Jeff Goldblum has a beercan jewcock, so he probably prefer a woman a little 'loosey-goosey' down there.

by Anonymousreply 49November 30, 2022 9:54 AM

I miss Gosselins Without Pity

by Anonymousreply 50November 30, 2022 11:56 AM

This poor kid. I never could stand his parents. Especially his Mother. Imagine not talking to or helping your own kid. I wish the best for Colin. His interview was heartbreaking.

by Anonymousreply 51November 30, 2022 12:00 PM

I can't believe he hasn't spoken to his siblings, minus the one who also went with Jon, in 5 years. Kate's a real bitch for allowing that to happen.

by Anonymousreply 52November 30, 2022 12:05 PM

She seems like a sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 53November 30, 2022 12:59 PM

She is THE Karen of all time.

by Anonymousreply 54November 30, 2022 1:05 PM

He fell asleep at the wheel and flipped his car in the middle of the afternoon...he says he was just tired from going to school and working full time. Does he not have any kind of savings or trust fund left after all those years on the show? After having his entire childhood exploited, you would think he could afford to just focus on school for now.

by Anonymousreply 55November 30, 2022 1:33 PM

Reality TV ruined my family. Yet he runs to do an interview along with being open to returning to reality TV. Dim or unfortunately cult programmed.

by Anonymousreply 56November 30, 2022 1:55 PM

This woman always comes across as a pycho bitch who just uses her kids and everyone else. I alway got the impression Jon was bullied and just along for the ride and she made the decisions.

Does this kid not have grandparents?

by Anonymousreply 57November 30, 2022 1:59 PM

I think she had those kids just to make money. Bitch made a fortune too. R57:asked where are his Grandparents. That's a good question. I think John was bullied too. Colin said he only talks to his Sister Hannah but he misses his family. This kid will always have problems and so will his siblings became they're under her thumb. I don't know about John, he seems off too. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 58November 30, 2022 2:10 PM

When he was little he was expelled from school for getting violent with his classmates. A few years ago he got into a fistfight with Jon and the cops were called. Jon tried to downplay the incident.

So it’s definitely more than adhd. Jon is still pissed off at Kate and TLC so I’m not surprised he’s putting all the blame on Kate.

by Anonymousreply 59November 30, 2022 2:16 PM

No aunts, uncles, cousins or any relatives seem to be in their lives.

by Anonymousreply 60November 30, 2022 2:17 PM

School

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61November 30, 2022 2:20 PM

A boy who was emotionally neglected his entire childhood engaged in fisticuffs? Why, I never!!

by Anonymousreply 62November 30, 2022 2:20 PM

Altercation with Jon

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63November 30, 2022 2:21 PM

So are you saying this kid deserved to be kicked out if his family with zero contact r63?

by Anonymousreply 64November 30, 2022 2:26 PM

K has that psycho incest survivor vibe, the ones who never deal with Daddy so they marry a submissive man who will never challenge them and she is OCD to control everything and take their bullshit out on the world. A nasty human being.

by Anonymousreply 65November 30, 2022 2:45 PM

Wow, Jon looks old and haggard in that pic at R63. He is only 45. 8 kids and an ex from hell would probably do that to anyone, I guess (though I don't think Jon is faultless by any means).

by Anonymousreply 66November 30, 2022 2:49 PM

Wasn't Collin the one we all speculated, when the show was in its heyday, would kill his family in their sleep?

Or was that Joel?

Or was Joel the gay one?

Wasn't Maddie off her rocker, too?

by Anonymousreply 67November 30, 2022 3:49 PM

I remember people used to say Collin and Hannah both looked a touch "special" back in the day. Interesting that they are the two living with Dad now and not with the other siblings.

by Anonymousreply 68November 30, 2022 3:53 PM

You could show movies on that giant forehead.

by Anonymousreply 69November 30, 2022 6:25 PM

Despite my dislike for Kate Gosselin, I do think there's more to the story than just ADHD.

Too late now, but Kate & Jon should have been content with the twins girls that they already had.

Kate was *horrible* on Dancing with the Stars. She looked like a zombie being dragged around by her dance partner. Her face was always in "I smell a fart" mode.

She also had a chance hosting The View and got into it with Whoopi Goldberg for calling the police on Jon during a custody exchange.

by Anonymousreply 70November 30, 2022 8:27 PM

[Kate says this development "makes me sick to my stomach."

"I do not want this buried, swept under the rug or minimized. As a mother, I am not going to sit quietly and idly by while my child, any of my children, is assaulted by anyone, let alone their own father," she says. "I am spotlighting this, and I will keep shouting about it, in the hopes that the authorities and the courts will finally do the right thing. Do not return my child to an abuser's home. Jon needs to be charged with a crime. If this were your child, would you feel okay with having it swept under the rug?"]

Um, okay but this is the kid SHE put in an institution because SHE couldn't deal with him. She still has nothing to do with him, even after the terrible incident between Collin and John. Take away the father, however fucked up, and who has Collin got? And John has to be fucked up to first get with Kate and second to allow her to pursue fame via her massive brood of kids. I would trust her to raise a pet properly, nevermind so many kids.

Usually families with eight or so kids have them spread out more so by the time the last baby is born, the older kids can help out some. These kids never had a chance. It's amazing they aren't all fucked up and acting out. If Kate died in a car crash tomorrow, I bet the ones who stayed with her would have some tales to tell.

by Anonymousreply 71November 30, 2022 11:06 PM

Life with Kate, in her own words.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72December 1, 2022 12:05 AM

Kate has an intense resting bitch face....scary.

by Anonymousreply 73December 1, 2022 12:20 AM

The cunt R12 needs to read what R72 posted.

by Anonymousreply 74December 1, 2022 12:40 AM

Sadistic bitch probably also had him circumcised.

by Anonymousreply 75December 1, 2022 12:58 AM

[quote] Kate Gosselin ‘Would Be Open’ to Reconciling With Estranged Son Collin But Is ‘Still Bitter’

After four years of separation, Kate Gosselin “would be open” to reconciling with her estranged son, Collin Gosselin, a source tells In Touch exclusively.

"She is still bitter over things he has said about her,” the insider explains of Collin’s past comments about Kate, 47. “He is her child, and she loves him regardless, but she can be very spiteful. Once you cross her it is difficult to recover.”

After Kate and Jon Gosselin divorced in 2009, the mother of eight revealed that Collin, 18, was admitted to an institution to address his behavioral issues. After leaving the institution in 2018, Collin – who is one of the former couple’s sextuplets – moved in with Jon, 45, who was granted full custody.

"Her side of the story is totally different from what Collin explains,” the source continues. “Kate claims Collin needed behavioral help and that sending him away to school was for his own good. But he and Jon have never seen it that way.”

The insider adds that Collin and Jon “think she sent him away as punishment, as if she didn't want to deal with the issues he was having, noting that his behavioral issues were “caused by the show and their fame.”

On November 28, Collin – who has remained relatively private since his days on television ended – opened up about his relationship with Kate during an interview with Entertainment Tonight, admitting “it would be ideal” to get back in touch. He also addressed the previous dynamic he had with his mother, claiming that it was complicated long before he was sent away.

“I didn’t have a relationship with her,” the former TLC personality shared. “Even before [being] there, I don’t think we had much of a relationship, and I think that just kept tearing it even more down.”

The Jon and Kate Plus 8 alum added that being raised on a reality TV show led to his strained relationship with his mother. “I want to believe it was because of TV and what being in the public eye does to a family. I think it tore us apart,” Collin told the outlet. “It gave us less time to actually be together as a family, [and] more time to be in the public eye.”

Collin also reflected on his December 2018 custody hearing, in which Jon earned sole custody after the I Just Want You To Know author didn’t show up to court. Before the meeting took place, Kate’s request for the court date to be postponed was declined.

“It didn’t really bother me,” he said of Kate’s absence. “It’s like I said, it’s on her own terms and if she doesn’t want to show up, she doesn’t have to show up.”

As for the Kate Plus 8 alum, the source tells In Touch that she “thinks about her children every day,” but her pride has gotten in the way of mending her relationship with Collin.

“She is saddened by the state of their relationship, but she is so proud that she gets in her own way. Maybe seeing how willing Collin is to reconciliation will make her realize that things don't need to be this way."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76December 1, 2022 1:27 AM

He seems normal enough here.

Is he on meds or something?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77December 1, 2022 1:35 AM

Horrible woman

by Anonymousreply 78December 1, 2022 1:50 AM

I wonder how much Collin made from the ET interview?

He seems to be the smart one.

Still in high school, driving a Corvette, and making money from television interviews.

Not a bad gig.

I like how when he's asked if he would do reality television, he replies "I'm a natural at it."

by Anonymousreply 79December 1, 2022 1:55 AM

Whoops.

Here's the interview, referenced at R79.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80December 1, 2022 1:57 AM

"[R8] is babbling. Society doesn't worship mothers. It worships children and men. "

Yes. I've heard endless criticism of Kate, who by all accounts is an awful mother, but who has at least been supporting and raising the kids while their father... seems to have totally checked out of being a parent years ago.

He didn't see the kids and probably contributed little or nothing to their support, but when *one* of his eight children moves in with him then suddenly he's the hero parent and Kate is a monster! Well, they're both monster parents, but he's gotten a pass from the public.

by Anonymousreply 81December 1, 2022 2:03 AM

I could never stand Kate. She’s awful. That said, if the kid was really psycho, then she did the right thing. Look at all the school shooters who were clearly troubled and never got help. However, if he wasn’t truly a sociopathic kid, then she was wrong. All she had to was send him to live with the ex and see what happens. I still think she’s horrible as she doesn’t appear to give a shit about her kid.

by Anonymousreply 82December 1, 2022 4:52 AM

It's not so great growing up in a large family. That's 8 kids living together with cameras on all the time (loss of privacy). At least they all have the same mother and father. It's worse when you have a "blended family" like what I grew up in.

I was part of the younger or second "batch" of children. The older kids were plain fucking mean & abusive. The house was too damn crowded, never enough privacy.

by Anonymousreply 83December 1, 2022 4:58 AM

When you have that many kids at once a few are not going to turn out right, sad to say. Kenny and Bobbi McCaughey who had all those kids some of theirs are handicapped.

by Anonymousreply 84December 1, 2022 5:01 AM

Honestly I wish more mothers would institutionalize their kids. How many kids have I met who were assholes when young and grew up to be even bigger assholes because mommy is always there to bail them out? Dozens. And how many miserable women I've met who have given up their lives to clean up their kids' messes? Countless.

Society would do a lot better to bring back military school and truly discipline bratty kids. Guarantee that even without cameras around this kid would still have been a shithead. In fact, most shit heads are that way and have never had a camera on them.

by Anonymousreply 85December 1, 2022 5:08 AM

"Reality TV ruined my family. Yet he runs to do an interview along with being open to returning to reality TV. Dim or unfortunately cult programmed."

He's started television before most kids start pre-school. What else does he know?

by Anonymousreply 86December 1, 2022 6:08 AM

My mother was insane. When you are a kid you think their insanity is normal. Then you grow up and realize Mommy is crazy.

by Anonymousreply 87December 1, 2022 6:11 AM

You can tell there are a lot of incels posting in this thread. That letter he wrote to "Daddy" is pure manipulation. He's a little sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 88December 1, 2022 8:00 AM

OP, where in the article does it say that Collin hates his Mom?

by Anonymousreply 89December 1, 2022 8:50 AM

“Colin Gosselin” is a terrible name.

by Anonymousreply 90December 1, 2022 9:03 AM

^ which is why he's Collin, not Colin. Big difference, dear. LOL

by Anonymousreply 91December 1, 2022 9:10 AM

What happened when the parents broke up? Didn't Kate fight hard for custody (and with it another TV show, Kate plus 8) and John wanted out of the original show? In that case, the producers would likely have funded Kate's legal representation and other costs to keep the juggernaut going. I never watched the show, but I heard enough about it to figure she's a huge bitch using those kids as mealtickets. Didn't she also fall out with lots of family members and friends who'd helped with the kids when the six were born?

by Anonymousreply 92December 1, 2022 10:32 AM

The video at R80 is very telling.

Do you know how savvy it is for high school kid to be able to cry on cue, like Collin did? He's not kidding that he has a knack for reality tv.

I have a feeling that the real reason Kate hates him is because he is the smart one in the family. The one who always called her out on her bullshit. The one who always questions her motives, and points out her flaws.

Then they get into screaming matches, while the other kids cower in the shadows.

There's always one in the family who stands up to the "authority," and gets punished for it.

Those kids are also the smart ones who go on to make something of themselves.

The other five will go on sucking off of their mom's teat for the rest of their lives.

Meanwhile, Collin will be out there making a name for himself, and asserting his independence.

Good for him.

by Anonymousreply 93December 1, 2022 4:04 PM

Collin posting about himself at R93.

Sure, all the other children are the ones with a problem. All of them. Not this shining prince. Some of you need to get out in the world a bit more because it is obvious from his own words and actions that he's a sociopath. He and his father will be on the outs within two years.

by Anonymousreply 94December 1, 2022 5:02 PM

It's very typical in a large family for one kid to be the bad apple and frame it as being the only "good one" R94.

by Anonymousreply 95December 1, 2022 5:17 PM

It's also typical in a large family for one kid to be labeled a "problem child" and to be scapegoated by other members of the family, especially an abusive parent who spearheads and reinforces the labeling.

by Anonymousreply 96December 1, 2022 6:32 PM

Actually, R95, in most dysfunctional families there's a "target child", who's picked on by the parents and punished for everything that upsets them. they hold the family together by being the one everyone blames for everything, and often start acting out as a consequence of their appointed role in the family drama.

So IMHO there's equally good odds on him being Kate's "target child", or him having serious mental problems after growing up in that awful family. Hell, could be both, and if it's mental illness or both, he'll be out of his dad's house in a year or two. Kate may be a demon frau from hell, but Jon also feels free to ditch his kids when things get rough.

by Anonymousreply 97December 1, 2022 8:20 PM

Shut up cunts R88 And R35 bitter man-hating fat fraus who forget where they are. The smell of pussy is all throughout this thread and it stinks.

by Anonymousreply 98December 1, 2022 8:23 PM

R94=Karen/Kate trying to defend her shitty parenting. Hey it takes a sociopath to know one cunt face.

by Anonymousreply 99December 1, 2022 8:30 PM

R98, sorry your mom had you, but you don’t have to tantrum against all women. You just exhaust yourself.

Don’t forget your atypical antipsychotics.

by Anonymousreply 100December 1, 2022 9:06 PM

[quote]It's a fair bet that there was something more than ADHD that sent Collin to a hospital. Kate may have wanted to just send him away like a rich man would send away his troublesome Victorian housewife, but that's not how hospitalization works these days. The doctors involved wouldn't have kept Collin institutionalized if there wasn't some reason for it.

To be real fair, you don't know what you're talking about. Most of these places have to let patients out because the patients or their families either run out of insurance or run out of money. Anyone who a lot of money & is willing to pay cash, can lock their kid up for years.

by Anonymousreply 101December 1, 2022 9:50 PM

I watched this show when it was first on. Kate scapegoated Collin from the get-go, even as a tiny infant. Interestingly, the other child living with Jon - Hannah - was Kate's golden child. Kate is a total malignant narc.

I went down the internet rabbit hole when they first became famous and found a local site from their town where people were bitching about Kate. This was at the beginning when the sextuplets were young and they were still living in their first house. Jon was still working a real job and out of the house all day. While away, Kate not only had professional nurses come in to take care of the babies, several townspeople would rotate volunteering to help out. They said on non-filming days she would leave it all on them. She would take her tumbler and go sit in the driveway in a plastic garden chair practically all day, staring into oblivion, and only occasionally came in to get food and to boss them around. Then Jon would come home, thank everyone, and basically take over taking care of the kids. He may be a schmuck in some ways, but it sounds like he genuinely cared about the kids and she couldn't be bothered unless the cameras were there. Those townspeople had her number pretty early on.

by Anonymousreply 102December 1, 2022 10:26 PM

[quote] Those townspeople had her number pretty early on

And so did Collin.

Which is why she hates him so much.

by Anonymousreply 103December 1, 2022 10:28 PM

[quote]It's also typical in a large family for one kid to be labeled a "problem child" and to be scapegoated by other members of the family, especially an abusive parent who spearheads and reinforces the labeling.

It happens in smaller families too.

by Anonymousreply 104December 1, 2022 11:22 PM

[quote] It happens in smaller families too.

I wholeheartedly agree.

by Anonymousreply 105December 1, 2022 11:33 PM

Don't forget to suck my left nut R100 SLOWLY

by Anonymousreply 106December 2, 2022 7:12 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!