Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Georgian's React To Herschel Walker

Please let this attitude carry over to the voting booth!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54December 7, 2022 5:09 PM

Jesus Christ, OP, did you REALLY think you were supposed to add an apostrophe to the word "Georgian" to make it plural? It's such basic English not to do that.

by Anonymousreply 1November 29, 2022 1:43 AM

^ I bet Hershel would do that

by Anonymousreply 2November 29, 2022 1:49 AM

Walker sounds like an idiot hick

by Anonymousreply 3November 29, 2022 1:49 AM

Oh shut up R1. It was a simple typing too fast mistake. So stick your shitty attitude.

by Anonymousreply 4November 29, 2022 1:54 AM

The fact that this completely unqualified idiot got enough votes to force the contest into a runoff is a testament to the brain-dead GQP voters who would vote for a head of lettuce if it had an R after its name.

by Anonymousreply 5November 29, 2022 1:59 AM

That fucker is as stupid as a .....

by Anonymousreply 6November 29, 2022 2:03 AM

.....bag of dicks.

by Anonymousreply 7November 29, 2022 2:04 AM

He is literally the absolute worst candidate for the job and yet here he is in a run off

by Anonymousreply 8November 29, 2022 2:12 AM

OP R4 How we’re you typing too fast? It takes longer to add an apostrophe. However, R1 could certainly have toned down the attitude.

by Anonymousreply 9November 29, 2022 3:20 AM

OK, I get it. Autocorrect sucks. It’s the downfall of many a DLer. My apologies, OP.

by Anonymousreply 10November 29, 2022 3:23 AM

Shut the fuck up about the apostrophe

by Anonymousreply 11November 29, 2022 3:30 AM

All I know is when I saw that buffoon sitting between Rafael and La Senatrice, I was surprised they weren't showing everyone his teeth like they were at a slave auction. It was sickening.

Every person --but black people in particular-- should be absolutely disgusted with the Republican party. This trash is every racist stereotype and Republicans are saying that THIS was the best they could do insofar as finding a viable black conservative candidate.

by Anonymousreply 12November 29, 2022 3:36 AM

[quote]It was a simple typing too fast mistake. So stick your shitty attitude.

No, it wasn't. People who know the difference between possessive and plural forms of a word don't mix them up because they're "typing too fast." If you typed "All politician's are corrupt," which I'm sure you would, I have no doubt that you'd blame that on "typing too fast" as well. Anyway, people should take more care not to make such errors, ESPECIALLY when they start a thread and they know the title with the error will remain there for as long as the thread is active.

by Anonymousreply 13November 29, 2022 3:56 AM

[quote]I bet Hershel would do that

Would he even understand what an apostrophe is?

by Anonymousreply 14November 29, 2022 3:58 AM

The image of Walker sitting between those two perverts reminds me of the young, naive new inmate being set upon by the old " protectors" who just want a piece of his ass.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15November 30, 2022 2:21 PM

It was only a few years ago that Georgia elected JOHNNY ISAKSON who was somewhere to the right of Bismarck.

Applaud them that they're on the verge of re-electing a Black democrat, while their other senator is Jewish.

by Anonymousreply 16November 30, 2022 3:36 PM

Civiqs poll:

How Democrats view Raphael Warnock — 93% favorable, 4% unfavorable

How Republicans view Herschel Walker — 73% favorable, 12% unfavorable

I'm feeling like this may mean that Republicans will be less motivated to turn out for Walker. Could make the difference.

by Anonymousreply 17November 30, 2022 6:39 PM

The last lady in the ad is priceless.

by Anonymousreply 18November 30, 2022 6:43 PM

I wonder how Walker will respond if he loses? Will he accept it (if grudgingly) or will he go full on Kari Lake?

by Anonymousreply 19November 30, 2022 6:45 PM

[quote]However, [R1] could certainly have toned down the attitude.

Since you're apparently new here, let me tell you about the sacred DL tradition of the cunty R1 comment.

by Anonymousreply 20December 4, 2022 12:12 AM

I told you he was a trash candidate.

by Anonymousreply 21December 4, 2022 12:16 AM

R20 I’m not new here. Even though it’s expected, I can still manage to enjoy this site without assholing.

by Anonymousreply 22December 4, 2022 12:39 AM

[quote]I’m not new here. Even though it’s expected, I can still manage to enjoy this site without assholing.

All kidding aside, do you people really think that someone who doesn't know the basic rule of English regarding the difference between the plural and possessive forms of a word, as in "Georgians" vs. "Georgian's," DOESN'T deserve to be called out for displaying his ignorance in the title of a thread?

by Anonymousreply 23December 5, 2022 1:57 PM

Yesterday at a large intersection near my home north of Atlanta, there were 2 people wearing tacky flag clothes and MAGA hats waving Herschel signs and dancing like spazzes. The drivers reacted like they do when the legless panhandler makes his way out here. Staring straight ahead.

by Anonymousreply 24December 5, 2022 2:05 PM

STOP TALKING ABOUT THAT APOSTROPHE!

by Anonymousreply 25December 5, 2022 2:10 PM

Exactly what do they find favorable about Walker??? Do they approve of his obvious idiocy?

by Anonymousreply 26December 5, 2022 2:29 PM

I bet all those voting for Herschel wouldn't even notice the incorrectly used apostrophe!

by Anonymousreply 27December 5, 2022 2:32 PM

R27, that's a fairly safe bet, but I'll bet few people who frequent the DL would vote for Walker, and I'll bet that freaking apostrophe is very annoying to people who do frequent the DL.

by Anonymousreply 28December 5, 2022 3:52 PM

Herschel say, “that call the comma up top.”

by Anonymousreply 29December 5, 2022 3:54 PM

R26, yes, people favor familiarity far more than competence

by Anonymousreply 30December 5, 2022 3:57 PM

R23 They should be called out. I started a thread called Apostrophe Hell a while back out of frustration. But I try not to be a jerk about it.

by Anonymousreply 31December 5, 2022 4:08 PM

Attention DL Grammar Nazis: “typing too fast” has nothing to do with adding an inappropriate apostrophe - it has to do with not noticing that ducking autocorrect has inserted one before you post.

by Anonymousreply 32December 5, 2022 4:25 PM

OP's right--typos don't indicate lack of intelligence. But they do indicate lack of care, and it doesn't require a great effort to quickly proofread what you're posting before you post it.

by Anonymousreply 33December 5, 2022 4:31 PM

Christ almighty this brain damaged foobaw star beat his wife, abandoned his kids and aborted the rest, but the real problem is some apostrophes

by Anonymousreply 34December 5, 2022 4:39 PM

R33, everyone makes typos, and in most cases, I agree that they indicate a lack of care rather than a lack of intelligence. But I'm sorry, if someone types "Georgian's" instead of "Georgians," or "American's" instead of "Americans," or "Republican's" instead of "Repulicans," I think chances are they just don't know the difference.

R34, no one said this is the main issue here. It's just that I find mistakes like this so annoying, especially when the mistake is in the title of a thread and we have to see it again and again, every time we go to the thread.

by Anonymousreply 35December 5, 2022 4:43 PM

AND...Walker stated "This ERECTION if of the people" while Cruz and Miz Lindsey were nodding in agreement, Luke a couple of bobbleheads!

by Anonymousreply 36December 5, 2022 4:55 PM

White Republicans will vote for Walker, not because they have all of a sudden become accepting, but they see Walker as a stereotype - a stupid black man who can be easily controlled by his massas. Unfortunately, in this case, their assessment is 100% correct.

by Anonymousreply 37December 5, 2022 5:51 PM

Christ almighty this brain damaged foobaw star beat his wife, abandoned his kids and aborted the rest, but the real problem is some apostrophe's

by Anonymousreply 38December 5, 2022 7:15 PM

R38, :-)

by Anonymousreply 39December 5, 2022 8:45 PM

The real problem is the polls should never have had him even in the double digits- let alone virtually tied with a far superior opponent. Warnock may somehow squeak by Tuesday, but what about next time? Jim Jordan for SCOTUS? MTG for POTUS? Where are we headed?

by Anonymousreply 40December 5, 2022 9:27 PM

R23, I think that this isn't a second grade English class, and as long as we know what OP was trying to say, we should just let it go, instead of derailing the thread. This is a message board, not a dissertation or a legal brief.

For context, in my Scruff profile, under "What I Do" I have: Stamp out superfluous apostrophes.

by Anonymousreply 41December 5, 2022 9:57 PM

R41, I hardly think I was "derailing the thread" in commenting on that stupid mistake in the thread title, and I wouldn't have mentioned it again if people like you didn't keep insisting how unimportant it is. But anyway, no further comments, now that I'm sure I've made my point very clearly.

by Anonymousreply 42December 5, 2022 10:34 PM

Tiresome scolds never think that they are tiresome scolds.

by Anonymousreply 43December 5, 2022 11:13 PM

Sigh:

“They’re bringing pronouns into our military, they’re bringing wokeness into our military—I don’t even know what the heck is a pronoun,” he said at a rally Sunday. “I can tell you that I’m sick and tired of this pronoun stuff. What I want our military men and women to do is to be at war fighting.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44December 5, 2022 11:19 PM

SNL's recent parody of him probably was influenced by OP's video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45December 5, 2022 11:28 PM

R19, Walker will do what he’s told to do. There is absolutely nothing about his campaign that is self-directed.

by Anonymousreply 46December 6, 2022 2:19 AM

Anyone who votes for him is as stupid as he is.

by Anonymousreply 47December 6, 2022 2:25 AM

If this was a site where we could change the title of the thread, we could change this to Datalounger's React to Inappropriate Apostrophe

by Anonymousreply 48December 6, 2022 3:17 PM

They're voting for two black guys. That's progress... right?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49December 6, 2022 3:36 PM

He won't concede.

by Anonymousreply 50December 7, 2022 2:34 AM

He prob can’t even say the word anyway r50.

by Anonymousreply 51December 7, 2022 2:41 AM

I bet he concede's.

by Anonymousreply 52December 7, 2022 3:50 PM

He did. I'll give him credit for finding sufficient grace and maturity to accept his loss and not going down Kari Lake Road.

by Anonymousreply 53December 7, 2022 4:48 PM

So goddamn glad it wasn't a 125 vote difference.

by Anonymousreply 54December 7, 2022 5:09 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!