Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I have the Covids

who wants my stuff?

by Anonymousreply 62December 11, 2022 9:29 PM

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 1November 27, 2022 12:11 AM

It depends. Are you one of the poors or the darfur orphen?

by Anonymousreply 2November 27, 2022 12:12 AM

I may be poor, r2, but I can at least afford spellcheck.

by Anonymousreply 3November 27, 2022 12:15 AM

Wow, someone has covid. Is this patient zero? I hadn’t heard of anyone else getting that disease.

by Anonymousreply 4November 27, 2022 12:17 AM

You’ll live. We’ve had it… Sucks to high heaven.

by Anonymousreply 5November 27, 2022 12:17 AM

No one wants your stuff with its COVID cooties OP

by Anonymousreply 6November 27, 2022 12:19 AM

Ouch R3 Darfur Orphan. If you will help me with my spelling, I will give you a new recipe for stone soup ;)

by Anonymousreply 7November 27, 2022 12:22 AM

OP, I’ll take your caftans.

Mine are getting a little worn out.

by Anonymousreply 8November 27, 2022 12:24 AM

I need a new bedroom set. Lol, seriously OP, I hope you get better fast.

by Anonymousreply 9November 27, 2022 12:35 AM

You're all hateful, hateful bitches!

I knew I could count on you. xo

by Anonymousreply 10November 27, 2022 12:46 AM

Are you fully recovered, OP?

Covid hospital admissions in New York State are the highest they've been since February 2022.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11December 7, 2022 7:58 PM

I have it too, OP. I've had it for almost 2 weeks and the coughing and headache is unreal. Shit.

by Anonymousreply 12December 7, 2022 8:07 PM

OP, Be sure to leave all your china and silverware to Darfur Orphan. You never know when he might want to throw a dinner party. He could impress all his fellow orphans with the beautiful table setting.

And if you have a dining room table and chairs, I'm sure he could use that too.

by Anonymousreply 13December 7, 2022 8:15 PM

Los Angeles County appears in the midst of another full-blown coronavirus surge, with cases doubling since Thanksgiving.

Also on the rise is the number of coronavirus-positive patients being cared for in hospitals, sparking concerns about renewed stress on the region's healthcare system and raising the specter of an indoor public mask mandate if the trends continue, possibly shortly after New Year's Day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14December 7, 2022 8:22 PM

I've had something bad for a week but am finally on the upswing. The thing is, I've had a very "productive" cough. I'm coughing up all kinds of shit. I thought Covid was a dry, hacky cough. Please advise.

by Anonymousreply 15December 7, 2022 8:24 PM

Covid is a phlegmy cough in my experience and it's really painful when you cough.

by Anonymousreply 16December 7, 2022 8:42 PM

My COVID was diagnosed by my doctor with tests, etc. The cough started it all. Dry hacking cough, ticklish throat, and with what I thought was a "sinus infection." Then the fever and chills hit so I went to the Doctor. This was two weeks ago. I still have the cough and it's more like a horse cough I have to f orce it to be productive. I may have gone in to Pneumonia. Not sure, but I will go for an ex-ray tomorrow. I still run a low grade fever in the evening. Around 100. Very low energy. Get exhausted and short of breath from the least exertions.

by Anonymousreply 17December 8, 2022 1:30 AM

I had a bad cold last week.

by Anonymousreply 18December 8, 2022 1:37 AM

I have monkeypox

by Anonymousreply 19December 8, 2022 2:38 AM

^ Yay whore!

by Anonymousreply 20December 8, 2022 2:40 AM

R18- I've been passing some BAD wind tonight.

by Anonymousreply 21December 8, 2022 2:42 AM

How much watch? What time o'clock?

by Anonymousreply 22December 8, 2022 2:46 AM

I just finally got it too... Never had it until now. Fully boosted, etc... Sucks. Cant smell... taste is partially lost. Cough.... so sad

by Anonymousreply 23December 8, 2022 3:13 AM

You’ll do fine! Hang in there.

by Anonymousreply 24December 8, 2022 3:19 AM

[quote]I may have gone in to Pneumonia.

I been to that club. Their version of go-go dancers ain’t my thing.

by Anonymousreply 25December 8, 2022 12:45 PM

Isn't the loss of smell just due to congestion?

by Anonymousreply 26December 8, 2022 1:24 PM

No - my nose isn't really all that stuffed up... Smell is somewhat back this morning though... not perfect, seems a bit "off" but at least there is some sensory perception... very odd when you smell nothing at all...

by Anonymousreply 27December 8, 2022 2:09 PM

For the first time in two weeks I fell like I may be getting better. I am not there yet, but today is a definitely improvement. I hate this. Wear your masks and wash your hands and social distance when you can. Let's just get through this Season. By April you can resume being careless. And for Christ's sake get your fucking boosters and flue shot. PLEASE.

by Anonymousreply 28December 8, 2022 2:24 PM

[quote]flue shot.

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 29December 8, 2022 2:39 PM

R29 I'm ill. It has affected my ability to spell. I was coughing and my hand hit the "e" (not even plausible.)

by Anonymousreply 30December 8, 2022 3:07 PM

But you’re cute as a button, so you get a pass.

by Anonymousreply 31December 8, 2022 4:14 PM

[quote]Isn't the loss of smell just due to congestion?

It can last many months beyond any congestion.

by Anonymousreply 32December 8, 2022 5:17 PM

My kid had the flu right after Thanksgiving which I think is a bit early. She was tested so the dx is correct. Very tired & congested with barely any cough. She didn't get the flu shot but I did and I got nothing so that's comforting knowing that the shot worked.

by Anonymousreply 33December 8, 2022 5:39 PM

Actually I am cute. Seriously cute. I have legions of admirers.

by Anonymousreply 34December 8, 2022 5:39 PM

OK. I just called my Doc. He wants me to go to urgent care for an xray and he wrote a script for steroids. I never had steroids before. I* can't stop coughing. I've been sick for more than 2 w eeks now. THIs cough is a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 35December 9, 2022 8:15 PM

[quote]I never had steroids before.

Neither have I.

by Anonymousreply 36December 9, 2022 8:28 PM

The flu has been running rampant since Thanksgiving. I wonder if people have that and are mistaking it for Covid.

by Anonymousreply 37December 10, 2022 12:25 AM

I was diagnosed with the Covid. I'm getting my steroids because I cannot stop coughing and it's two weeks. I feel like shit. I have COPD and I'm in my mid= 60's so I'm high risk.

by Anonymousreply 38December 10, 2022 1:55 AM

fuck.

by Anonymousreply 39December 10, 2022 4:17 AM

What good were the vaccines, then?

by Anonymousreply 40December 10, 2022 4:53 AM

Check out the graph linked below, R40.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41December 10, 2022 5:06 AM

They shouldn't cut off the booster age to 50. A lot of people under 50 could've avoided getting Covid if they allowed all ages.

by Anonymousreply 42December 10, 2022 5:23 AM

I thought that anyone could get the bivalent booster.

by Anonymousreply 43December 10, 2022 5:39 AM

No, R26. Loss of smell from covid is due to brain damage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44December 10, 2022 5:44 AM

My partner and I both tested positive for Covid last night. Woke up throughout the night with terrible chills and a headache. We’re both fully boosted, but it’s still knocking me on my ass. I have diabetes, so I’m at higher risk. Symptoms started around Wednesday. Is it too late fr the steroids?

by Anonymousreply 45December 10, 2022 5:45 PM

You need Paxlovid, not steroids, and you need to start it within five days of symptoms, so you still have time if you can find someone to prescribe it for you over the weekend. Or find a pharmacy that will prescribe it for you. I know CVS pharmacists can do it.

by Anonymousreply 46December 10, 2022 7:36 PM

THe problem is too many people got either no vaccine at all or they only got partially protected because they only had one or two shots. The rate for boosters is very low. And How many people got flu shots? So here we are.. People ought to know by now there are variants and variants mutating every Fall./Winter. THe reason so many mutations is because the virus is so active because of low rates of vaccination. So we have only blame. I have had ALL my shots, including Flu. I am high risk. I have been sick for two weeks. And now my symptoms are coming back and I'm starting to feel like shit again.

by Anonymousreply 47December 10, 2022 10:01 PM

Well, shit. Guess I’ll have to schedule a booster shot now. And start wearing a mask again too. Booo

by Anonymousreply 48December 10, 2022 10:10 PM

MAsk up in public places. Wash your hands frequently and avoid crowds whenever you can. it's not difficult. Think about it. By May you can get back to normal. We decided to have our big family Thanksgiving dinner (California) Outdoors. We set up the buffet, got some card tables, etc. and decorated the yard with Christmas lights. It was a lot of fun. Obviously temps in the 70s helped a lot, but to the degree you can be outdoors, even with those big heaters, or fire pits,do it.

by Anonymousreply 49December 10, 2022 10:16 PM

[quote]I have had ALL my shots, including Flu. I am high risk. I have been sick for two weeks. And now my symptoms are coming back and I'm starting to feel like shit again.

Uhhh….

by Anonymousreply 50December 11, 2022 6:20 PM

No one should be shocked by this. Holiday parties, the increase in air travel, and people being indoors all the time helped contribute to this new wave of COVID cases.

But people cry like babies when asked to mask up, so here we are again…

by Anonymousreply 51December 11, 2022 6:38 PM

Lots of landfill coming, just sayin!

by Anonymousreply 52December 11, 2022 6:40 PM

I like the idea of social gatherings out doors where ever possible, even with giant heaters or fire pits. It can be fun and then people go home early. Bye! R51 is correct. But I'm appalled by people who are careless about being vaccinated. I'm talking about people who are not ideologically opposed, but the people who see no urgency and will get around to it when they have a chance. Those are the ones. I had to get pissed off and yell at my older sister because she travels for work in and out of airports. She flies into different time zones, get's home after midnight from the airport and she runs around without being vaccinated. She's "too busy." She also likes to stop in a bar for a drink with her friends and go out to dinner. She "tries" to wear a mask but they are "So annoying."

by Anonymousreply 53December 11, 2022 7:21 PM

Get well, sooner, OP!

I'll put my name on the bottom of your Jadeite, but strong preference that you live. You can still give me your Jadeite, though.

by Anonymousreply 54December 11, 2022 7:25 PM

I got it too, OP. I got tested last Monday and they didn't tell me I was positive until Thursday night. I got a robocall letting me know. I'm bit miffed at them for not being timelier, they said they didn't have my email (?) like that prevents them from calling me.

by Anonymousreply 55December 11, 2022 7:27 PM

Man I want to salute the workers and medical professionals at urgent care facilities because they seem to be carrying the burden as far as diagnosing and treating. I went to one early Saturday, and by the time I left, 90 minutes later the lobby was full...of old people! And they were all coughing.

by Anonymousreply 56December 11, 2022 7:30 PM

Other half's brother in currently in ICU with the flu(low oxygen level). He is 65 with underlying conditions, but still.....

by Anonymousreply 57December 11, 2022 8:08 PM

R50, uhhhh, he'd probably be dead if he wasn't vaccinated, moron.

[quote]My kid had the flu right after Thanksgiving which I think is a bit early. She was tested so the dx is correct. Very tired & congested with barely any cough. She didn't get the flu shot but I did and I got nothing so that's comforting knowing that the shot worked.

What kind of asshole gets vaccinated but doesn't get their kid vaccinated? And, don't even try to pretend your kid is allergic or something. I can smell that bullshit through the computer.

by Anonymousreply 58December 11, 2022 8:22 PM

Take a gin enema, no ice !

by Anonymousreply 59December 11, 2022 8:28 PM

What happens if we take one with ice?

Uh, asking for a cold friend.

by Anonymousreply 60December 11, 2022 8:42 PM

ice dispenser

by Anonymousreply 61December 11, 2022 9:25 PM

[quote] What good were the vaccines, then?

I really want to punch you in the balls.

by Anonymousreply 62December 11, 2022 9:29 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!