Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

An Apartment of Neutrals

Uptalk much?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94December 2, 2022 8:05 PM

That bar!

by Anonymousreply 1November 21, 2022 11:18 PM

He’s cute.

by Anonymousreply 2November 21, 2022 11:19 PM

Don’t you mean “that baaaarrr???”

by Anonymousreply 3November 21, 2022 11:22 PM

He had annoying way of taking but the upspeak is not really as rampant as it is among many.

The decoration is a horror.

by Anonymousreply 4November 21, 2022 11:31 PM

Hard to spot the cum stains in that place.

by Anonymousreply 5November 21, 2022 11:41 PM

I really like it. He seems happy and content.

by Anonymousreply 6November 21, 2022 11:42 PM

It's nice but I mentally checked out when he likened himself to Carrie Bradshaw.

by Anonymousreply 7November 21, 2022 11:59 PM

Yikes

by Anonymousreply 8November 22, 2022 12:00 AM

Is he an alcoholic?

Overall I think his decorating style is really bad. There's nothing about that apartment I find even remotely attractive.

by Anonymousreply 9November 22, 2022 12:03 AM

I seriously thought he was Pandora Box.

by Anonymousreply 10November 22, 2022 12:04 AM

Nice - I like it. But too many bottles - I would prefer a smoother, cleaner wall/cabinet. But I like minimalistic. He had some good insights about color and variations of white. Where do I find these Ball and Farrow “color people”?

by Anonymousreply 11November 22, 2022 12:15 AM

They weren't his insights R11. He repeatedly states that a color consultant selected the colors and explained how they best worked together.

by Anonymousreply 12November 22, 2022 12:18 AM

not to my taste but tastefully done. I love people who make their dreams come true

by Anonymousreply 13November 22, 2022 12:29 AM

R;9 I thought the same thing. Quite a full bar.

by Anonymousreply 14November 22, 2022 12:34 AM

Life is too short to be taupe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15November 22, 2022 12:35 AM

How far is this monochrome color scheme craze from being over?

by Anonymousreply 16November 22, 2022 12:36 AM

Sorry but that R15 would cause me stress. I want my house to be calming, clean, and neutral - with maybe some good colorful art and some earthy wood and broth pillows. Too much color is too stimulating in our overstimulated modern lives. IMO.

by Anonymousreply 17November 22, 2022 12:43 AM

Tasteful in a safe, vanilla way.

by Anonymousreply 18November 22, 2022 12:45 AM

A sleeping space that confined would give me panic attacks in the middle of the night.

Ronan Farrow's Balls are super chic and expensive, but worth every penny if done right.

by Anonymousreply 19November 22, 2022 12:47 AM

Good God R15.

by Anonymousreply 20November 22, 2022 12:47 AM

R17 You're 'sorry?' Ok.

by Anonymousreply 21November 22, 2022 12:48 AM

More about Ronan Farrow's balls please R19.

by Anonymousreply 22November 22, 2022 12:48 AM

Why Ronan Farrow’s Balls, R19?

by Anonymousreply 23November 22, 2022 1:00 AM

This is a Farrow and Ball ad. Who is this guy? He is cute. I either love the bar or am alarmed by it. Anyways.. point made on the paint. There's more than one shade of white.

by Anonymousreply 24November 22, 2022 1:35 AM

The bar is a not-so-silent scream for help. Better stick to clear liquor if you'll be barfing on white furniture.

by Anonymousreply 25November 22, 2022 1:43 AM

Mediocre man highlights mediocre apartment.

Observations:

-He’s a drunk

-He doesn’t/can’t read.

-Despite that crazy long “table, I doubt he has enough friends to fill it. And if he did, who could eat with all the pretentious shit on the table. Also, the galley “common Room” gives off Oliver Twist vibes.

-The dining room is apparently is art-free, as guests have to slither about the walls to wheeze in there. And how the hell would you serve for in that over-sized closet? And the overhead light fixture is too large and visually shrinks the room…which it certainly doesn’t need.

-The kitchen…we’ll, it certainly is just that, girl. The large sink takes up too damned space. And the cabinet colors are a violation of THE Neutral Rule!

-The LR…really? Repurposing a sectional is fine if you’re in your 20s…shameful now as he’s clearly over 30.

-The bedroom…it’s a Full-sized bed right? Where do your tricks sleep? (I suspect one of the storage units holds a Murphy bed.)

-The bathroom appears to be functional, but the product-placement is shameful. Also, no group showers are happening in that joint.

-The “art” throughout is lazy/tacky/uninspired.

-Obviously, no red wine is served.

by Anonymousreply 26November 22, 2022 2:35 AM

If OP's guy ever decides to transition, all he'll need to do is transpose his names to become Janelle Patrick.

by Anonymousreply 27November 22, 2022 2:59 AM

Alcoholism is so sad. And even more tragic when one is so brazen about it.

by Anonymousreply 28November 22, 2022 3:04 AM

R15 Marry me, WHERE IS THAT AT?! I wanna see more of that place.

by Anonymousreply 29November 22, 2022 3:08 AM

R26 You seem INSUFFRABLE and TIRING!

by Anonymousreply 30November 22, 2022 3:21 AM

And R30 is the hostess of this shameful YouTube infomercial.

by Anonymousreply 31November 22, 2022 3:25 AM

is this in Manhattan or brooklyn?

by Anonymousreply 32November 22, 2022 3:30 AM

I dig the wall art

by Anonymousreply 33November 22, 2022 3:30 AM

is this an ad for fallow and ball? he mentions it a million times

by Anonymousreply 34November 22, 2022 3:31 AM

the bedroom is too samll and how can he have the AC right above the bed, he wont get any sleep.

by Anonymousreply 35November 22, 2022 3:44 AM

Samll.

by Anonymousreply 36November 22, 2022 3:46 AM

The upspeak is awful, but not as heinous as most we've dissected here, still....cut it out!

He says "like" too often, which is juvenile and waters down whatever one is trying to express. Yeah, that Skinny Girl dining table and hallway he's placed it in are just a bit too narrow to actually be functional, but the kitchen I like.

Other than a bottle of red wine on the counter I've always found displayed liquor bottles gauche. Put that shit away!

by Anonymousreply 37November 22, 2022 3:49 AM

Bland and unmemorable. Mostly a blank. Like its owner. Color is not the enemy, kids.

by Anonymousreply 38November 22, 2022 4:00 AM

Those bottles are empties topped up with tap water.

And as for “like”, “like”, “like”, “like”, “like”? Grow the fuck up you silly queen.

by Anonymousreply 39November 22, 2022 4:05 AM

I still don't get what he does. Is he a lifestyle expert or an influencer?

by Anonymousreply 40November 22, 2022 4:06 AM

He said he has an app about making cocktails at home, so I guess that's why he has that huge bar. there is no TV. this was decorated just for this video. he doesn't really live like this.

by Anonymousreply 41November 22, 2022 4:09 AM

I feel a little better and less envious of his space because he's 40+ at least.

by Anonymousreply 42November 22, 2022 4:09 AM

One can never have enough liquor in the house.

by Anonymousreply 43November 22, 2022 4:11 AM

R17

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44November 22, 2022 4:20 AM

Aww. New Yorkers and their tiny spaces.

by Anonymousreply 45November 22, 2022 4:38 AM

Where was the dildo room? Are they hidden amongst the liquor bottles?

by Anonymousreply 46November 22, 2022 5:18 AM

They are the liquor bottles, R46.

by Anonymousreply 47November 22, 2022 5:25 AM

Is it possible he's a homosexual?

by Anonymousreply 48November 22, 2022 5:55 AM

I'm fairly devoted to Farrow & Ball paints but that's about the only thing going on in the apartment. All those shades of off white make sense for the space and it's different rooms with different exposures, but it's simple, really, and our host tries to turn it into a science. Not crazy for the "hint of green" in the front room (bar.)

It looks like it was furnished in two hours by a crew from a furniture rental company. Except the crazy bar shelving (he seems to have one of everything where a more confident host would have made some choices, "Two kinds of gin in my house,: X or Y?".

What furniture there is is a bit ridiculous, not least in his "office" which consists of a small high square bar table and three wire-frame bar stools. No laptop, no lamp, no place for a lamp not to plug anything electrical into an outlet.

It's not a bad space, buy it would look better with even a bit of adult furniture.

by Anonymousreply 49November 22, 2022 6:54 AM

Love, love love the pressed metal ceilings. Loved the minimalism (except the bottle store) through out. Dining area didn't offend me either. I liked all the clean lines.

by Anonymousreply 50November 22, 2022 7:37 AM

What’s the obsession with people here posting videos of gays in god awful tiny Manhattan apartments?

by Anonymousreply 51November 22, 2022 12:03 PM

Most people don’t want to live like Paul Lynde or Joan Crawford R15.

by Anonymousreply 52November 22, 2022 12:12 PM

I laughed out loud at that R25. It caught me off guard.

by Anonymousreply 53November 22, 2022 12:14 PM

this isn't a good use of space. The neutral colors didn't offend me but the bedroom is too small.

by Anonymousreply 54November 22, 2022 2:19 PM

It's not bad, calming for me, you big queens AWAYS go too far and throw everything in and call it good, it's not good, it's a big gay mess especially with all your Precious Moments and Hummel's from granny. This is nice.

by Anonymousreply 55November 22, 2022 2:52 PM

All his taste is in his mouth.

by Anonymousreply 56November 22, 2022 3:01 PM

Everything is fine, until he comes around the corner in a translucent PVC slicker with a large power tool in hand.

by Anonymousreply 57November 22, 2022 3:02 PM

Fucking hideous. Looks like a slightly more masculine version of the Instagram Incest Survivor aesthetic that tries to copy Queen Daddyfucker Kim K.

by Anonymousreply 58November 22, 2022 3:04 PM

I wish that man would fuck me all throughout that tasteful apartment.

by Anonymousreply 59November 22, 2022 3:37 PM

His Instagram account drives me crazy. He is a “lifestyle influencer.” Staying in presidential suites at Rosewood hotels, traveling first class to Singapore, taking tuxedo clad yacht trips around Manhattan, etc. This is one rich bitch.

by Anonymousreply 60November 22, 2022 3:41 PM

What does this cunt contribute to the world?

by Anonymousreply 61November 22, 2022 3:43 PM

someone report him to the IRS. I bet he's a tax cheat!

by Anonymousreply 62November 22, 2022 3:53 PM

It's really not bad, but too bland. I like colour, I don't even mind something gaudy as R15.

In fact, I'd love for ONE room in a beige/white home to look like a unicorn vomited sparkles. Just to make it interesting.

by Anonymousreply 63November 22, 2022 3:53 PM

Look like an outpatient insane asylum

by Anonymousreply 64November 22, 2022 4:09 PM

I didn’t get the office space - there was no storage or equipment. Sitting at the table with his laptop (and a cocktail) I guess.

by Anonymousreply 65November 22, 2022 4:14 PM

I like the apartment. But seriously this is like an after hours speak easy.

I had to laugh when he kept talking about his "color consultant" - who came up with Skimmed Milk White and some other white. A friend's job once was to come up with names for hair dyes IIRC for Clairol. She made a really good salary in NYC. Seriously that was her job.

He did a really nice job - maybe he and his friends are colorful enough.

by Anonymousreply 66November 22, 2022 4:26 PM

I mean, I can MAYBE understand the bar area if the guy is in his twenties and he’s an incipient alcoholic, but over forty?? GUUUURRRRRLLLLLLLLLLL. It’s time for some AA. If I walked in and saw that, I’d leave shortly after.

by Anonymousreply 67November 22, 2022 4:27 PM

The bedroom is depressing and sad R54.

by Anonymousreply 68November 22, 2022 4:28 PM

R67 “incipient”, darling? He’s full-fledged

by Anonymousreply 69November 22, 2022 4:29 PM

A text from Patrick:

“Want to come over for some drinks? 🥃🍾🥂🍹🍸🍷🍺🍶🥃🍾🥂🍹🍸🍷🍺 🥃🍾🥂🍹🍸🍷🍺🍶🥃🍾🥂🍹🍸🍷🍺 🥃🍾🥂🍹🍸🍷🍺🍶🥃🍾🥂🍹🍸🍷🍺 🥃🍾🥂🍹🍸🍷🍺🍶🥃🍾🥂🍹🍸🍷🍺 🥃🍾🥂🍹🍸🍷🍺🍶🥃🍾🥂🍹🍸🍷🍺 🥃🍾🥂🍹🍸🍷🍺🍶🥃🍾🥂🍹🍸🍷🍺 🥃🍾🥂🍹🍸🍷🍺🍶🥃🍾🥂🍹🍸🍷🍺 🥃🍾🥂🍹🍸🍷🍺🍶🥃🍾🥂🍹🍸🍷🍺. 😄”

by Anonymousreply 70November 22, 2022 4:31 PM

^ I'll drink to that! (hic)

by Anonymousreply 71November 22, 2022 4:32 PM

that is not a tiny place

by Anonymousreply 72November 22, 2022 4:34 PM

He mentioned that he and his brother had an app where they have drink recipes. So maybe this is his actual J O B. Which means he can write off that entire living room.

I love vintage barware. I'm just not much of a drinker. He has some nice artwork. There is a cute lithograph/drawing in the hall with a man moving a statute and it looks like he has his arm loving wrapped around it. I'd love that.

by Anonymousreply 73November 22, 2022 4:36 PM

OP- I thought you were going to discuss a new category of gender called

NEUTRALS

by Anonymousreply 74November 22, 2022 4:37 PM

[quote] He mentioned that he and his brother had an app where they have drink recipes. So maybe this is his actual J O B. Which means he can write off that entire living room.

I think you may be on to something R73. A friend of mine worked for an interior designer in NYC who had all kinds of A list clients, decorated Richard Gere's apartment, etc. She always was late on payroll to pay the black seamstresses making the curtains yet she would go on binge shopping sprees buying $500 shoes or $1000 purses, which she could then write off as business expenses. The logic being she had to look the part to land all of those wealthy clients. It really PO'd me that she'd treat her employees so poorly. The IRS needs to tighten up on these kinds of deductions IMO.

Ok, rant over. Carry on with bitchy comments about the alkie gay boy.

by Anonymousreply 75November 22, 2022 4:51 PM

What part of town? Those tin ceilings make me think of Soho/Nolita, but who knows?

by Anonymousreply 76November 22, 2022 5:06 PM

I like it. Someone with a drinking problem isn't likely to display hundreds of bottles of liquor. Wealthy people have private wine cellars but no one freaks out and implies they are alcoholics. Alcohol doesn't go bad so it's not unusual to amass a large collection of opened bottles. Especially for someone who likes to make up new cocktails and have parties. I rarely drink liquor but one of my lower kitchen cabinets is fully stocked with booze, most of it leftover from parties and people bringing a bottle of something. Some of you are so uptight.

I lived in a studio on E57th that was billed as having a "private sleeping alcove." It technically couldn't be classified as a bedroom because there was no door or closet but it was tucked out of view from the kitchen and living room. My closets lined the hallway leading to the bathroom. I always thought Mary Richards could have thrown up a wall or even a pony wall on the landing by the window and made a space for a proper bed.

by Anonymousreply 77November 22, 2022 5:16 PM

The old Alkie Queen at R77 making excuses for the young Alkie Queen.

by Anonymousreply 78November 22, 2022 5:19 PM

TLDR rambling drunk at R77.

by Anonymousreply 79November 22, 2022 8:45 PM

R77 Are you using cocaine?

by Anonymousreply 80November 22, 2022 9:12 PM

[quote]Aww. New Yorkers and their tiny spaces.

Oh, hon. There are bungalow style houses in L.A. with smaller footprints, get real.

by Anonymousreply 81November 23, 2022 1:42 AM

I suspect those two bicycles on the wall are merely ornamental.

No clean man would carry these implements with their ordure-stained wheels into such a clean place.

by Anonymousreply 82November 23, 2022 1:58 AM

[quote] liquor … most of it leftover from parties

Beware. Some alcohol such as Bailey's Irish cream goes off.

by Anonymousreply 83November 23, 2022 1:59 AM

[quote] He mentioned that he and his brother had an app where they have drink recipes. So maybe this is his actual J O B. Which means he can write off that entire living room.

No, he can't write off his entire living room as a tax deduction. He can write off a certain amount of square footage (of the living room), though. The write-off has to be for space that is used for work, only, not dual purpose space.

by Anonymousreply 84November 23, 2022 2:03 AM

Loved the ceilings. I like off-white paint on walls. All of his walls looked like the same color on video.

The liquor shelves overtook the space. I also wouldn't have liked it if it were all books. I think he could have stored all that liquor in the bedroom and used his "office" as a bedroom.

Other than the liquor, living room is a nice, large space.

The dining room was too narrow, plus, it makes ingress / egress to the kitchen difficult.

Kitchen: I liked, but that little table was stupid in that it was in the wrong place. Made the area seem like an obstacle course. (Squeezing through the dining area to get to the kitchen, then the kitchen has an obstacle as well.)

The office ... I doubt he works in there. Like I said, that space could be used as a bedroom.

The bedroom was fine, IMO. I'd be able to sleep in there.

Bathroom was nice. Neon sign that he had to crouch to switch on seemed silly.

by Anonymousreply 85November 23, 2022 2:14 AM

The “office” could’ve been used as an intimate dining room while using the narrow, awkward “dinning room” as an extension of the kitchen for more informal dining.

by Anonymousreply 86November 23, 2022 5:16 AM

All the walls look the same color, this was just an advertisement for the paint company, which is how he makes his money. Also whats with all the stupid little tables scattered around, his last apartment was even worse.

by Anonymousreply 87November 23, 2022 7:16 AM

He's obviously doing something right. The money is coming in. He has lots of brand deals on Instagram.

by Anonymousreply 88November 23, 2022 6:30 PM

Where are these bungalows that people are talking about?

by Anonymousreply 89November 25, 2022 1:22 PM

He's a lush!

by Anonymousreply 90November 25, 2022 1:43 PM

Isn't there dental work that can correct a lisp?

by Anonymousreply 91December 2, 2022 3:17 PM

Overall I like it.

Observations: - How did that long dining room table even get into the apartment? I'm assuming they reassembled. - The kitchen marble is beautiful. They cabinet color is horrible and don't look like they belong in that space. - The office looks uncomfortable seating with those stools without back support. How can you work there for hours? I see it as a gathering place rather than an office. The wallpaper or mural on the right is great though. - I never so so much alcohol in one place outside of a bar or liquor store.

by Anonymousreply 92December 2, 2022 3:39 PM

Yay! My house interior is painted in Glidden's Navajo Sand which is almost the same color, without all the pretentiousness. I lack the 'bar that looks like an apothecary' feature in the living room, tho.

by Anonymousreply 93December 2, 2022 7:57 PM

Once he opens his mouth, the attraction is over.

by Anonymousreply 94December 2, 2022 8:05 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!