Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Who Wants One?

They're ready!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29December 3, 2022 3:06 AM

No thanks. Once you've cooked with an Amana Radarange, there is no going back.

by Anonymousreply 1November 20, 2022 11:41 PM

Excuse me but that pic is way too old to be from 1979.

by Anonymousreply 2November 20, 2022 11:45 PM

I'm sorry, but I tried one when I was 11 and it was not easy! You had to push the pan down a track with a rake-like thing and sometimes it got stuck.

It was like no oven I'd ever seen and over all, I was was not impressed.

by Anonymousreply 3November 21, 2022 12:10 AM

Let's be real. They were pieces of shit toys.

by Anonymousreply 4November 21, 2022 12:12 AM

I got one and I’m a boy. It looked like a microwave— giving my age away. But my mother never let me use it. She’d say in her pre-menopausal voice: “That’s gonna make a fuckin mess!” and my personal favorite, “It’s got raw egg so I don’t want you playing with this toy. It’s dangerous!”

I even had the McDonald’s apple pie kit. I wanted to use that damn thing so bad. Never did, got thrown out with Katrina. And dad still thinks I’m not gay!

by Anonymousreply 5November 21, 2022 12:18 AM

Trixie Mattel is obsessed with Easy Bake Ovens.

My sister had one, but it was boring and she never played with it. I coveted her Miss America Barbie, her Barbie wig head that you could style, and her Knit Magic machine. She also had an original Kenner Blythe doll that would be worth a fortune today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6November 21, 2022 12:37 AM

You mean there are other types of ovens out there besides deez ones!??

by Anonymousreply 7November 21, 2022 12:46 AM

R5, oh honey, he knows! You ping from Space and it isn’t just your sad little oven…

by Anonymousreply 8November 21, 2022 12:51 AM

I loved my easy bake oven. Had fun with it, but don't cook at all as an adult.

by Anonymousreply 9November 21, 2022 1:00 AM

Well, you certainly aren't skipping meals.

by Anonymousreply 10November 21, 2022 1:24 AM

Now she's obsessed with bidets.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11November 30, 2022 9:25 PM

LOL, OP. My sister had one growing up. And we even ate the horse shit when it was done!

by Anonymousreply 12November 30, 2022 9:31 PM

Had one, and the bitch was beige!

by Anonymousreply 13November 30, 2022 9:36 PM

My cousin has one that a lovely shade of peach and I borrowed it for a Saturday. I was trying to bake a fucking cake and the little tray got sideways in the oven. My uncle finally got it out but it was too late to salvage the evening.

It just ruined my dinner party with my teddy bear and pet rabbit. I should have sued then and there. Mother fucking hot lightbulb.

by Anonymousreply 14November 30, 2022 9:37 PM

I had an Easy Bake Oven that shade of turquoise. I miss my Easy Bake Oven. It was so much fun. Loved baking little cakes in it!

Yes, I'm a male. And I had an entire kitchen set -- a child size sink, stove, refrigerator and counter top -- that I loved playing. Spent hours playing in that kitchen. But only place I could actually bake anything was in my Easy Bake Oven.

And yes, amazingly enough, my parents were completely surprised that I turned out gay.

by Anonymousreply 15November 30, 2022 9:47 PM

I begged for a Mini Bale Oven as a kid in the 70s, but parents refused because it was a "girls toy." As a teen, I got one at a garage sale but my dad threw it out before I was able to use it.

When I moved out into my own apartment at 18 for college, I bought myself one -- the newest model.

But as I stood there -- in my own kitchen -- I realized "god dammit I have my own oven now, who needs this thing??"

by Anonymousreply 16November 30, 2022 9:57 PM

This has already ended in tears:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17November 30, 2022 10:16 PM

Which one of you 65 year old fat whores is the boy in this commercial?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18November 30, 2022 10:24 PM

My sister had one of these. I don't remember her using it too many times. I'd rather teach my child how to bake in the kitchen, than waste time and money on this garbage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19November 30, 2022 10:32 PM

My older sister out grew her Easy Bake Oven, so I claimed it as my own. First, I used it to melt crayons until I found the miniature Betty Crocker mixes in the toy section of Fred Meyers. Mom let me put the oven on the kitchen counter where I could bake right along with her. Mom even bought me The Boys & Girls Betty Crocker Cook Book. That's called unconditional love.

by Anonymousreply 20December 1, 2022 12:41 AM

I now have the adult, Easy Bake Oven, that is what I'm calling it. This one bakes, air fries and turns freezer section, cardboard pizzas into small slices of heaven. Early Xmas gift to myself. It arrived in the mail, yesterday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21December 1, 2022 12:48 AM

Once I got my Easy Bake, my brother wouldn't let up. For years after, he'd punch me in the stomach and call me dough boy, as in The Pillsbury dough boy.

by Anonymousreply 22December 2, 2022 5:24 AM

Doesn't it "cook" with a light bulb? That's what I always heard - even as a child, I thought that was a stretch.

by Anonymousreply 23December 2, 2022 7:54 AM

Let’s be real. I would totally be making munchies in it while watching TV Right This Very Minute if I had one.

by Anonymousreply 24December 2, 2022 8:04 AM

R23, yes it used a light bulb. My Dad got me one for Christmas one year. It wasn't this model though. My younger Brother got burned on the light bulb and my Dad threw it away, lol. I remember the little cakes it cooked were pretty bad tasting.

by Anonymousreply 25December 2, 2022 8:25 AM

I want one. But I am not in north.

by Anonymousreply 26December 2, 2022 8:28 AM

Mom didn't get one for us, said we would burn the house down, but I am sure she didn't want to clean up any mess we made.

by Anonymousreply 27December 2, 2022 12:52 PM

My grandmother always had a full batch of homemade cake batter and frosting in the fridge waiting for my sister... but really me. This is the oven she had from the late 70s/early 80s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28December 2, 2022 1:04 PM

Along with the Easy Bake Oven, I found an old metal oven in the bushes. It was rusty, but still worked and the burners heated, too. So Mom bought me a child's Revere Ware set (pots, pans, bake ware and tea kettle). My brother must have said something because Mom then enrolled me in little league and cub scouts.

by Anonymousreply 29December 3, 2022 3:06 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!