Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kevin McCarthy has a HIT LIST if he becomes Speaker of the House

WASHINGTON – House Republican leader Kevin McCarthy served further notice Sunday that his potential speakership will be politically volatile, saying he will try to keep three high-profile Democrats off of certain committees.

Democrats said McCarthy will do whatever his right wing wants him to do because he still lacks the votes to land the speaker's job.

In stumping for the position, McCarthy has targeted Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn., a member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee; and Reps. Adam Schiff, D-Calif., and Eric Swalwell, D-Calif., members of the House Intelligence Committee.

McCarthy and other Republicans have for months said these members' past statements and actions regarding issues like Israel, China and Russia should keep them off these committees.

"I'll keep that promise" to remove them, McCarthy told Fox News' "Sunday Morning Futures."

Schiff and other Democrats said McCarthy is trying to court support from hard-right conservatives like Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, R-Ga. – who was expelled from committees during a 2021 vote of the full House because of her incendiary statements about Democrats.

"I suspect he will do whatever Marjorie Taylor Greene wants him to do," Schiff said on ABC's "This Week." "He is a very weak leader of his conference, meaning that he will adhere to the wishes of the lowest common denominator. And if that lowest common denominator wants to remove people from committees, that’s what they’ll do."

McCarthy is favored to become Speaker of the House when Republicans take over the chamber next year – but it is not yet a done deal.

Conservative Republicans like Reps. Andy Biggs of Arizona and Matt Gaetz of Florida said they will oppose McCarthy. Every vote counts because the GOP majority will likely be no more than 10 seats.

"He does seem to be struggling" to get to the 218 votes necessary to win the speakership, said Rep. Hakeem Jeffries, D-N.Y., who is expected to be Democratic leader in the next Congress.

"Let's see what happens on January 3," Jeffries said on CNN's "State of the Union."

Rep. Adam Kinzinger, R-Ill., who is retiring from Congress and ran afoul of McCarthy over the latter's support of Donald Trump, told CNN the presumed speaker has made a lot of promises to Greene and other hard-right conservatives.

Right-wing Republicans won't be happy if McCarthy has to cut deals with Democrats to get essential business done, Kinzinger said, and he could wind up as their political hostage.

"I, frankly, don't think he's going to last very long," Kinzinger said. "Maybe he will prove me wrong. But it's sad to see a man that I think had so much potential just totally sell himself."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18December 2, 2022 7:20 PM

Well...Stevie Wonder could see this coming.

by Anonymousreply 1November 20, 2022 9:14 PM

I had picked Schiff and Swalwell as the two who would be kept off committees in the tit-for-tat response to Democrats previously removing Greene and Gosar, but I hadn’t foreseen Omar. I thought it was just going to be two in the retaliation.

by Anonymousreply 2November 20, 2022 9:22 PM

I'm surprised he hasn't targeted AOC, Tlaib, and Presley too.

by Anonymousreply 3November 20, 2022 9:23 PM

[quote] Kevin McCarthy has a HIT LIST

That girl has me at the top of his hit list. With a gavel, no less. It’s the last wood he’d ever swing if he touches me.

by Anonymousreply 4November 20, 2022 9:24 PM

[quote] It’s the last wood he’d ever swing if he touches me.

Plus, he can be charged with Elder Abuse.

by Anonymousreply 5November 20, 2022 9:31 PM

If this happens, I volunteer to comfort Daddy Swalwell sexually.

by Anonymousreply 6November 20, 2022 9:36 PM

[quote] If this happens, I volunteer to comfort Daddy Swalwell sexually.

Sorry, R6. You're not his type.

He prefers female oriental spies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7November 20, 2022 11:28 PM

So do a lot of people, Kevin.

by Anonymousreply 8November 20, 2022 11:39 PM

"Oriental"? R7, how's the weather back there in 1959?

by Anonymousreply 9November 21, 2022 10:14 PM

He's also going to let MTG head up an investigation of Nancy Pelosi's involvement and what she did on Jan.6 and the "murder" of Ashley Babbit.

Seriously.

This is going to be a long 2 year shitshow.

by Anonymousreply 10November 21, 2022 10:24 PM

Challenging his manhood.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11November 21, 2022 11:58 PM

I hope Kevin's hit list doesn't include Nancy Pelosi since he has said that it will be difficult not to hit her over the head with the gavel when she passed it to him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12November 22, 2022 1:02 AM

Many, many people are saying that Kevin McCarthy lets MTG fuck him in the ass with her 9" cock.

by Anonymousreply 13November 22, 2022 1:05 AM

Michael Steele

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14December 2, 2022 6:41 PM

SSDD

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15December 2, 2022 6:46 PM

If he really carries through with these "investigations" he's proposing (along with Hunter Biden, who no one gives a shit about) , the Republicans can kiss any chance of winning elections in 2024 'good bye'. Americans don't care about who's on his 'hit list' for investigations. There's more important things to cover in the next two years.

by Anonymousreply 16December 2, 2022 6:52 PM

He has to get elected speaker first. Given that he can't lose more than four votes- and five reps have already signaled their NO.. he will need to promise the moon just to get elected.

At best he will continually whipsawed by MTG and her squad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17December 2, 2022 6:53 PM

What if this thread was a Martin Scorsese movie about the government?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18December 2, 2022 7:20 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!