Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Canada’s Drag Race: Canada vs. The World — RuPaul rejects reunite!

With bizarre casting and a spotty judging panel, this will be the biggest trainwreck in All Stars history.

Anyone watching?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60December 31, 2022 1:39 AM

First episode is out now.

by Anonymousreply 1November 19, 2022 5:35 AM

It’s pretty bizarre that Brooke Lynn is judging two girls she competed against in US Drag Race. Seems like a pretty major conflict of interest, especially since she’s accused of over praising queens she’s friendly with.

Even last night, she pretended like her good friend Rita Baga did way better than she actually did.

by Anonymousreply 2November 19, 2022 5:47 PM

I enjoyed it. I love Icesis and even Vanity pulled it out of the bag and showed why she deserved to be there after a weak uk run.

My fave bit though was Kendall asking if she was going to be Pagina Heeled and kicked off before her time, as if she has the range to be Pangina.

by Anonymousreply 3November 21, 2022 3:49 PM

Victoria Scones never shuts her fucking mouth. And is just wrongly awful.

by Anonymousreply 4November 21, 2022 4:26 PM

r4 Yep, she was complaining about them using the term 'fish'. How have we got to a place where women feel so entitled; like She is a woman doing 'drag' and then getting upset at aspects of 'drag' culture. Insane. Its possibly the worst drag race thing I have seen, boring and full of unlikeable people. Kendall gender is an ex-gay; after years of saying he is a gay man, now doesnt as he is dating a MTF - and gives a lovely 'message' about how sexuality is fluid and 'you shouldn't put yourself in a box'.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5November 29, 2022 2:32 AM

This whole franchise was run into the ground long ago and I have a hard time believing there’s enough demand for nearly continuous seasons. Add to that all the gender ideology bullshit that’s pushed through in the last few years and I just can’t watch anymore. It’s now just fucking insulting to me as a gay man. I’m guessing not many feel the same though given how there’s a new season every 10 weeks or so?

by Anonymousreply 6November 29, 2022 3:09 AM

I don’t know what’s more off putting about this:

Brook’s weird face

The cis gendered woman doing drag (someone return this franchise to the og definition of drag)

Silky Nutmeg complaining about black queens not being respected in the US - bitch you are on RuPaul’s drag race. Ru fucking Paul.

by Anonymousreply 7November 29, 2022 3:15 AM

R7

Uh, Silky’s right. The fans don’t respect the black queens like they do the white queens.

by Anonymousreply 8November 30, 2022 11:46 PM

R6, I think drag will go back to a niche form of entertainment. I can't imagine anyone taking over for RuPaul when he retires and I think with the controversy over Drag Queen Story hour and more people saying drag is 'Woman Face.,' drag won't be as lucrative as it is now.

by Anonymousreply 9November 30, 2022 11:57 PM

Eh r8. Bob, Shangela, Symone, Monet, Shea are stars with lucrative careers and big followings to name some obvious examples.

Many black queens have been widely embraced by the fans and the broader entertainment industry.

by Anonymousreply 10December 1, 2022 12:04 AM

[quote]Rita Baga

Shouldn't that be Ruta Baga?

by Anonymousreply 11December 1, 2022 12:42 AM

R8 This has always been such a dumb take. Drag Race has always been extremely diverse, and the only way people can claim it is racist in anyway is to cherry pick facts, or point to “the fans”. The thing about “the fans” however is that the term means nothing. Some people saying racist things online isn’t indicative of the fandom as a whole. Like R11 said, many Black queens have huge followings due to the show, and the host of the show is Black.

by Anonymousreply 12December 1, 2022 12:54 AM

R10

The Symone season really pissed me off because, despite Symone clearly being the best, fans supported Gottmik over her. And last I checked, Gottmik has more followers than Symone.

This is what tends to happen. A black queen can be exceptional, but she’ll always be overlooked for a white queen by many fans.

by Anonymousreply 13December 1, 2022 5:29 AM

R13 It’s almost like it’s a competition or something.

by Anonymousreply 14December 1, 2022 9:03 AM

R13 Gottmik started with more followers than Symone. They didn’t enter the contest on an equal footing. And Symone still beat him.

by Anonymousreply 15December 1, 2022 9:29 AM

R13 Once again fans treating their opinions like fact.

I don’t like Gotmik. I think SHE is a nepobaby and rich little white girl who became a gay man for oppression points. I think she has boring looks and is not funny, although I will grant her snatch game was good. But, that is only MY opinion. You can’t claim Symone is “better” because YOU like her more.

Symone has over a million followers. That is not indicative of a racist fandom just because Gotmik has more. Frankly I found Symone boring as well. One note, good enough looks but no charisma. The top 4 of that season were all boring.

by Anonymousreply 16December 1, 2022 9:33 AM

R7 Silky is repulsive.

by Anonymousreply 17December 1, 2022 11:11 AM

According to William, a lot of girls turned down this season because Ru wasn’t hosting. Of course, it IS William so take that with a grain of salt.

by Anonymousreply 18December 1, 2022 3:33 PM

Most American girls would rather do a normal All Stars season r18 than this low rent one. I assume that's why we are getting Queens they have already just done All Stars but see an easy way to get back on TV.

It's a good opportunity for international girls who aren't going to get cast on a normal All Stars, not for American queens.

by Anonymousreply 19December 1, 2022 4:57 PM

I'm going to also disagree with R8 and the assertion that the fanbase preferred Gottmik to Symone during Season 13.

I will never not think that the powers that be saw how popular Symone was among the viewers and switched their original choice from Gottmik to her, just like how they probably wanted [redacted] to win Season 12 until..... you know. Remember, Gottmik won both Snatch Game and the ball challenge, and avoided the bottom two the entire way - at least once by the narrowest of margins. Even on DL, there was near universal support for Symone to win.

by Anonymousreply 20December 1, 2022 11:28 PM

R20 Nail on the head. Gotmik was probably who production wanted: a Black queen already won two seasons in a row so no need for a 3rd, she was trans, so could help deflect criticism of Ru, and already had a following. Plus she and horse faced snore fest GiGi Goode were drag sisters and could have been cast on an All Stars together. But, the fans liked Symone more, and she won.

by Anonymousreply 21December 2, 2022 12:54 PM

Gotmilk and her fucking kabuki makeup every week got tiresome quickly. And she is unfunny and boring.

by Anonymousreply 22December 3, 2022 3:00 AM

The fat woman is insufferable. I’m sure she’ll have lots of issues with the roast jokes.

by Anonymousreply 23December 3, 2022 5:26 AM

Last episode made me a fan of Victoria Scone.

by Anonymousreply 24December 5, 2022 9:34 AM

It did the opposite for me. Reinforced my dislike for her.

Are Anita's facial contortions due to a medical condition or is she really that annoying? Watching her talk is torture.

by Anonymousreply 25December 5, 2022 1:19 PM

I don't mind Victoria calling out fishy. I mean ultimately she is not wrong, it does come from the juvenile humor of saying a woman's vag smells like fish. Probably the drag scene should move past using it.

I am enjoying this season more than I thought I would. It's been pretty fun so far. Though 4 Canadian girls were too much, but it made Kendall and Stephanie easy sacrificial lambs to go home first.

by Anonymousreply 26December 5, 2022 3:56 PM

Over the fat woman

by Anonymousreply 27December 11, 2022 11:14 AM

Drag is oversaturated at the moment.

Give it a rest for a decade or two.

by Anonymousreply 28December 11, 2022 11:48 AM

Fish, fish, fish, fish, fish, fish, fish, fish, fish, fish, fish, fish….

by Anonymousreply 29December 11, 2022 11:54 AM

When Drag Race was a smaller show, on a network for gay men, it was fine to say words like fish and CUNT.

Now it is a huge show, on a huge platform, and as such it needs to play by a different set of rules.

by Anonymousreply 30December 11, 2022 9:11 PM

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

by Anonymousreply 31December 13, 2022 7:50 PM

No one watching these clodhoppers? I’m hate watching at this point. Silky is slaying, but damn she looks like bags of mashed potatoes.

by Anonymousreply 32December 17, 2022 11:08 AM

It's never been "juvenile humour" to call women "fish," R26 . It's just disgustingly misogynistic and ignorant. Drag is steeped in appropriation and misogyny. It's womanface. Drag also normalised MEN being called "girls" (which are female children) and being addressed by female pronouns as well as pushing the misogynistic notion that womanhood is superficial which is how we have ended up with the trans cult today.

by Anonymousreply 33December 17, 2022 11:21 AM

Massive 🙄🙄 at R33

by Anonymousreply 34December 17, 2022 11:27 AM

No, R4. Actual "entitlement" is men dressed in womanface appropriating from female performers and then having the fucking audacity to complain about women who are not particularly thrilled by being called misogynistic slurs..

by Anonymousreply 35December 17, 2022 11:28 AM

If women referred to gay men by a homophobic slur you would soon complain, R34. Let's not be hypocrites. Drag should have stayed in the gay clubs, imo. It's over saturated in the media and everyone is sick of it.

by Anonymousreply 36December 17, 2022 11:38 AM

And some women don’t, R36? Not all gay men were out there calling women “fish”, just as not all gay men are out there doing drag. And not everyone is sick of drag - just Q loons.

by Anonymousreply 37December 17, 2022 11:41 AM

I think it's hysterical that Canada Drag Race is so bad, that almost all the Canadians are gone at this point. Rita has to last till the end, even though she's pretty weak. It would be such a slap in the face if she doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 38December 17, 2022 12:26 PM

Acting challenges should be banned. They're always some of the worst of any season.

Does Silky use any padding or is all of the lumps her natural body?

by Anonymousreply 39December 17, 2022 3:19 PM

R35 is Victoria Scone, frantically googling her name. She was on Twitter pathetically begging to be hired as the co-host of British Bake-Off. So thirsty and so irrelevant. I don’t see her selling out shows or becoming part of the Drag Race rotation. People want gender illusion, not failed actresses working a new angle.

by Anonymousreply 40December 18, 2022 6:09 AM

The fact that a woman is in a drag queen competition at all is a fucking joke. It shows just how ridiculous this whole franchise (and mindset) has become. That goes for Gottmik as well as Victoria Scone.

by Anonymousreply 41December 18, 2022 12:33 PM

Exactly, R41. It’s Gender Illusion, not Fat Lesbian Wears Makeup For First Time In Months.

by Anonymousreply 42December 18, 2022 12:53 PM

And please, It's Victoria "Scun!"

by Anonymousreply 43December 18, 2022 2:03 PM

Canadian drag queens.

Ptui.

And the "black drag is disrespected" is the usual black bullshit. I'm biracial and get tired of messy amateur performers whining that they aren't loved (aka monetized) because they're black. 'Tain't so. Don't blame the market and audience if the shit you're peddling isn't selling.

As I noted elsewhere, "You have a moral obligation to support my show" isn't how you attract audiences.

by Anonymousreply 44December 18, 2022 2:10 PM

[quote]Drag is steeped in appropriation and misogyny. It's womanface.

And there it is. Lol. Apparently now guys can't wear whatever the fuck they want without being misogynist out appropriating. Guess what. Women weren't born with oversized lashes or beaded gowns. If I ever felt that I wanted to do drag for whatever reason, I'm gonna do it. Lol I'll wear whatever the fuck I want. dresses, pants.... Those are societal offerings.

by Anonymousreply 45December 18, 2022 2:42 PM

When you look at a drag race runway it's nothing that a woman would wear in real life. Drag is camp and exaggerated, it's not about looking like an actual woman. Which is how you can have a bio female or a trans woman that still does drag.

by Anonymousreply 46December 18, 2022 11:22 PM

Apparently they've announced they are going to start doing normal Global All Stars season. Which makes the two Vs the World seasons seem like experimental relics. They both suffer from being these short 6 episode seasons that just isn't long enough for a good season IMO.

by Anonymousreply 47December 18, 2022 11:27 PM

Victoria Scone is the human equivalent of a bachelorette party at a gay club. Entitled members of the mainstream barging their way into a niche community where they’re not welcome, stomping their feet, and then demanding everything change to accommodate their delicate sensibilities.

Basically, she’s Drag Karen and it’s telling that she’s gained such support among straight female fans who would love drag even more if it didn’t involve gross gay people.

by Anonymousreply 48December 19, 2022 8:41 AM

R48

Uh, Victoria’s a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 49December 19, 2022 9:55 AM

R47 Link?

by Anonymousreply 50December 19, 2022 10:06 AM

R5, It was kind of expected from someone who chose a dimwitted drag name like "Kendall Gender." Nothing good was lost with him becoming "ex-gay."

by Anonymousreply 51December 19, 2022 5:32 PM

^They had a non binary woman complaining about “fish” on Dragula too. They really know how to suck the fun out of everything. The straight female fans have really run the show into the ground.

by Anonymousreply 52December 19, 2022 5:32 PM

R30, a lot of the gay male humour and talk has gone out of the show as well to appease the young heterosexual female audience. You don’t see much of the pit crew anymore and any conversations about love life is pretty neutered.

by Anonymousreply 53December 19, 2022 5:34 PM

I admit to being curious as to what the "drag is womanface" camp really think of Victoria Scone. Do they consider her to be a sellout?

And was anyone really clamoring to seeing her, of all people, return? Her winning this waste of time of a Drag Race iteration would really be icing on the cake.

by Anonymousreply 54December 19, 2022 5:36 PM

I would say a lot of the drag queen aesthetic has gotten pretty ugly as well over the years. They look more like transvestites than drag queens. One of the reasons why I stopped watching is because two thirds of the cast are repulsive looking.

by Anonymousreply 55December 19, 2022 5:36 PM

R54

Yes, people were really disappointed they didn’t get to see more from her and wanted her back.

by Anonymousreply 56December 19, 2022 5:42 PM

R56 More of her? Like her back rolls?

by Anonymousreply 57December 19, 2022 6:23 PM

R52 And then they have Signourny Beaver, one of the most popular contestants on the show, my personal favorite, and clearly a master of her craft. You can tell she wouldn’t care about getting called fish.

by Anonymousreply 58December 19, 2022 6:30 PM

Where's are the protesting of man clowns? Is that man face? Should we stop clown altogether?

by Anonymousreply 59December 19, 2022 9:23 PM

[quote]Are Anita's facial contortions due to a medical condition or is she really that annoying? Watching her talk is torture.

This is what I wondered too R25. Does Anita have some kind of facial tick or is it a learned behavior? I noticed the cameras spent as little time as possible on her face when she was talking. It is very uncomfortable and distracting to watch.

by Anonymousreply 60December 31, 2022 1:39 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!