Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Be careful who you go on vacation with

Woman travels to Mexico with friends and comes home dead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222May 20, 2023 7:48 PM

Been there done that

by Anonymousreply 1November 16, 2022 5:19 PM

And lived to tell the tale r1.

by Anonymousreply 2November 16, 2022 5:21 PM

Barely but yes

by Anonymousreply 3November 16, 2022 5:27 PM

The poor lady's life began with the wrong foot forward. Born and named Shanquella to her mother, Salamondra.

by Anonymousreply 4November 16, 2022 5:30 PM

Can the bitch who causes her injuries be sent to prison? In Mexico?

by Anonymousreply 5November 16, 2022 5:41 PM

The problem is that Mexico does not allow extradition as far as I know. I say this because my partner is Mexican and he has told me that. Unfortunately, a lot of people that are wanting to get away with things in an untraceable way go to Mexico to do it. The police there are very inefficient they’re basically at the level of security guards. They make very little money and are easy to bribe unfortunately.

I myself went there for a month with my partner and it was an interesting experience. Some (not all) police appear to be militarized, and will sometimes be hired as security guards in malls etc. The population just laughs at them.

For instance my partner‘s entire family refers to police that ride bicycles as policletas in a mocking way. Even if they see a police officer guarding something with machine gun they just say “oh what an idiot he’s just wanting to get off work, he’s a bureaucrat that doesn’t want to work”

The police and criminal justice system are laughed at in Mexico by the locals, especially if they are law abiding, and they would never ever call the police for help. these attitudes in the United States are culturally judged as something people that are criminals would say. However, in Mexico it’s the law abiding people that avoid the police at all costs, because the police often times work together with the cartels.

by Anonymousreply 6November 16, 2022 8:44 PM

Her best friend seemed to be using her for money/business advice. She paid for the AirBNB.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7November 20, 2022 5:36 AM

Are the friends turning on the murderess??

by Anonymousreply 8November 20, 2022 6:19 AM

Shanquella?

by Anonymousreply 9November 20, 2022 6:26 AM

Is the person beating her trans?

by Anonymousreply 10November 20, 2022 6:44 AM

I shit you not, but I worked with a woman whose husband lived in Mexico (probably had a 2nd family down there). One day she runs out of the office saying her hubby died in an accident. We’d always been a bit suspect as she lived very high on the hog, designer everything, 5-bedroom house that was about $2mil, & her husband was a farmer who couldn’t come up here to visit, she always had to go down there to see him.

He had a very unique name (I’d never heard anyone with that first name before), so an enterprising bilingual coworker looks up the Mexican news and finds out….he was a Mexican drug lord assassinated by a rival cartel! The weirdest part was that nobody was actually shocked.

When she came back she was very tight-lipped about what had happened & said she didn’t want to talk about it. Those of us in the “know”made a pact that we would never tell what we knew to the few coworkers we knew would blab to the higher-ups.

by Anonymousreply 11November 20, 2022 6:55 AM

Losing your life in Mexico. How embarrassing for her.

by Anonymousreply 12November 20, 2022 8:32 AM

True story.

My dumbass friend Barb vacations with her equally dumbass friends “The Lyles” They’re an odd, married couple, with individual issues as well as married couple issues. Anyway, Barb always goes on car weekend trips with them only to be bitten in the ass. I’ll single out a weekend trip to Branson MO a couple weeks before Xmas last year. Branson MO is approx a 5 hr drive from where Barb and the Lyles live. The Lyles told Barb she will be staying in a nearby hotel so the Lyles can stay with Mr Lyles adult daughter during the weekend. Saturday and Sunday will be spent together doing Branson at Christmas stuff. They drop Barb off at the hotel around 7 pm Friday night and tell her they’ll probably back around 8 am the next day. They text each other constantly so Barb isn’t concerned with the exact times. After Barb has settled in she shoots Mrs Lyle a text around 9 pm asking her about Mr. Lyle’s daughter’s house and if they’re settled in. No response. Barb texts again later and no reply. She goes to bed around 10 pm. The next morning Barb Texts Mr Lyle and Mrs Lyle around 8 am. Nothing. She then attempts to call both of them to no avail. It just goes to voice mail where Barb begins to leave desperate messages consisting of of “where are you”? And “why aren’t you guys responding “? They abandon Barb and return home on Saturday. Apparently a big family fight at Mr Lyle’s daughter’s home happened and they decided to forget that their friend Barb was at a nearby hotel. Barb calls me on Saturday ranting and raving. Pissed off. Sunday she’s even more pissed off. Texting me saying the Lyle’s are bitches and she will murder them, etc. on Monday the hotel desk associate takes pity on Barb because Barb has shared every detail of her miserable weekend abandonment with her. She offers to drive Barb the 5 hours it takes to drive her home after her shift ends at 9 am. It was extremely nice of this stranger to do this for Barb. Barb, being a famous tight wad , only offers her $20 for her trouble. Anyway, Barb had it out with the Lyles and makes up with them by December 25th. All is well so it can happen again in another 6 months.

by Anonymousreply 13November 20, 2022 4:52 PM

Im glad this story is getting a lot of national attention, it is rare for a crime involving a black victim

by Anonymousreply 14November 20, 2022 4:56 PM

[quote] The problem is that Mexico does not allow extradition as far as I know.

¿Qué?

by Anonymousreply 15November 20, 2022 5:05 PM

This is a horrid story.

She was allegedly internally decapitated and also had a broken spine.

Fucked up.

Not even Barb’s shitty experience in Branson compares to this.

by Anonymousreply 16November 22, 2022 2:08 AM

R14 Agreed. No Negress has ever caused problems. EVER.

by Anonymousreply 17November 22, 2022 2:11 AM

R6 "I myself"

Oh, dear - as opposed to just "I."

by Anonymousreply 18November 22, 2022 2:12 AM

[quote] Is the person beating her trans?

I’ve read that, but not sure if it’s true or not. The video is very, very disturbing. Hope she gets justice.

by Anonymousreply 19November 22, 2022 2:23 AM

I thought Shanquella was a man.

by Anonymousreply 20November 22, 2022 2:52 AM

Its insane that friends kill one another. Crazy ass bitches.

by Anonymousreply 21November 22, 2022 3:24 AM

Sharkeisha should have been protecting her.

by Anonymousreply 22November 22, 2022 3:36 AM

Why are ghetto names so ridiculous?

by Anonymousreply 23November 22, 2022 3:45 AM

I rarely vacation but when I do I go on my own. I wouldn't inflict me on anybody.

by Anonymousreply 24November 22, 2022 3:56 AM

The woman who killed her is ON FILM. Why has she hot been arrested?!

by Anonymousreply 25November 22, 2022 4:11 AM

[quote]Agreed. No Negress has ever caused problems. EVER.

You know damn well that was NOT what the other poster was inferring. They were saying, the death of a Black person, who dies under mysterious circumstances, never gets the sort of attention like that Gabby Petito chick did and that creepy guy who killed his wife and kids, the ugly guy DL had orgasms over.

by Anonymousreply 26November 22, 2022 4:52 AM

I bet someone body slammed the victim on that tile floor. She suffered a long time before she died knowing her friends didn't give a fuck about her. Sick.

by Anonymousreply 27November 22, 2022 5:28 AM

Was it some kind of fight club?

by Anonymousreply 28November 22, 2022 7:47 AM

R28, the motive behind the brutal beatings have not been made clear, as the FBI has allegedly began investigating this.

Shanquella Robinson was beaten by three separate women, in succession. The one who looks like she may be trans (she’s not trans, because according to her SM accounts, she’s a single mom), was the one who body slammed her and caused the internal decapitation.

She allegedly grabbed Shanquella by the throat, and either body slammed her to the floor or a wall.

Allegedly, the FBI can bring charges forward upon the three women who beat her, the one who is included in the group of three who killed her, and the witnesses who did nothing to help her, yet filmed their friend’s beatings and death.

I hope that they go after these monsters, HARD.

Allegedly, Shanquella paid for the entire trip, as well as for the accommodations.

Rumor also has it, that this was premeditated.

I am not sure that these women intended to kill her, but her death was the end result, and hence, they most definitely need to be brought to justice.

Poor girl. May she RIP, and may our law enforcement agencies lock these cunts up for a long while.

Fucking heartbreaking 💔.

by Anonymousreply 29November 22, 2022 11:05 AM

Reminds me of this story

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30November 22, 2022 11:07 AM

A warrant has been issued for one of the perpetrators.

Great news!

by Anonymousreply 31November 25, 2022 10:43 PM

[quote]the FBI has allegedly began investigating this.

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 32November 25, 2022 10:50 PM

A warrant for the crime of FEMICIDE!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33November 25, 2022 11:33 PM

Has anyone here seen the video of this poor young lady being beaten to death?

I saw it, without any edits, and this poor girl was brutalized. After I watched it, it hit me like a ton of bricks, because I realized I had just basically watched a snuff film.

Every single person in that room who did nothing to help this girl, and instead, stood around filming her imminent demise, needs to be arrested and charged.

Also, these cunts perpetuate the old trope of angry black women.

It’s dumbfounding that these cunts couldn’t just enjoy themselves on a trip the girl they murdered paid for. Absolute trash, the lot of them, and murderers and co-conspirators, too.

by Anonymousreply 34November 27, 2022 1:39 AM

Why aren’t warrants issued for the bystanders? They’re all culpable.

by Anonymousreply 35November 27, 2022 2:55 AM

Those trashy names rip

by Anonymousreply 36November 27, 2022 3:57 AM

R35. They will just say they were afraid to interfere for getting their own asses beat.

by Anonymousreply 37November 27, 2022 9:24 AM

R36, I don’t understand these names either.

However, so what?

Shanquella’s biggest problem was that she surrounded herself with people who despised her, & she obviously had no clue.

Other than that, by all accounts, she was a hard worker, owned her own business and had some successful side hustles.

She wasn’t a beauty queen, but she apparently had her life going in the right direction. She wasn’t a single mom with kids from different guys. She didn’t appear to do drugs and wasn’t a huge partier. Allegedly, she was in Mexico for work, and decided to bring these ghouls with her.

Traveling in a large group can be tricky. Hell, even traveling with one friend can end a friendship. But to kill someone?

I hope these people are held legally responsible for murdering her. All of them, not just one.

by Anonymousreply 38November 27, 2022 10:16 AM

All of them are being extradited to Mexico and they will all spend their lives in Mexican jail, one of the worst systems in the world next to Russia.

by Anonymousreply 39November 27, 2022 11:42 AM

R38 Sadly I doubt they will spend their lives there. Probably just a few years each.

Im surprised this thread isn’t getting more traction but since this is DL and the killer isn’t a white straight guy, there isn’t anyone for DL to thirst over. On well, at least there is LSA…

by Anonymousreply 40November 27, 2022 11:49 AM

No, Mexican government is going to make a big example of them. Several of them will get life.

by Anonymousreply 41November 27, 2022 11:53 AM

The guy who filmed the beating was mocking her while she was being beaten to death.

by Anonymousreply 42November 27, 2022 11:58 AM

Ugh. Poor lady.

by Anonymousreply 43November 27, 2022 12:29 PM

If they are being extradited, why haven’t they been already? Why are the not officially named? Are they free right now? I think Mexican officials might be smoke and mirrors if they’re still roaming free.

by Anonymousreply 44November 27, 2022 2:19 PM

[quote] I myself went there for a month with my partner and it was an interesting experience. Some (not all) police appear to be militarized, and will sometimes be hired as security guards in malls etc. The population just laughs at them.

Mexico! It's just like us.

by Anonymousreply 45November 27, 2022 2:20 PM

One of those rare examples of social media being a force for good. If that video hadn't gone viral, what would have happened?

by Anonymousreply 46November 27, 2022 2:24 PM

[quote]If they are being extradited, why haven’t they been already?

The Mexican government cannot just enter our country and take one of our citizens. There will be a court battle first.

by Anonymousreply 47November 27, 2022 2:28 PM

R46, yes, perhaps.

But SM may have been why she fell for this killer trip. She wanted to post pics & bask in the clicks

by Anonymousreply 48November 27, 2022 2:42 PM

R47, I can't imagine the US will put up much of a battle, just make a show of ticking off all the legal boxes before agreeing to extradite. It just takes time to get a court date and get the lawyers prepped to make a show of legality.

by Anonymousreply 49November 27, 2022 9:29 PM

[quote]Other than that, by all accounts, she was a hard worker, owned her own business and had some successful side hustles.

r38 That's probably why they despised her. You'd be surprised how many "so-called friends" in your social circle are lowkey haters who only stick around you to pull you down. That's why I mostly stay to myself. People be on some bullshit most of the time.

by Anonymousreply 50November 27, 2022 9:33 PM

R49, I agree, but that person asked why they haven’t been extradited already.

by Anonymousreply 51November 27, 2022 9:36 PM

Apparently the US asked Mexico to extradite the person who beat her, so ship their ass back there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52November 27, 2022 9:41 PM

Mexico won’t extradite to the US, I don’t think. That’s why Dog the Bounty Hunter got in trouble. Now, the shoe is on the other foot: they want the US to extradite someone (the alleged killer of Shanquella) to Mexico. We’ll see what happens. Should be interesting.

by Anonymousreply 53November 27, 2022 9:43 PM

Sorry, Mexico won;t extradite if the person faces the death penalty.

by Anonymousreply 54November 27, 2022 9:44 PM

The death penalty would be better than a Mexican prison.

by Anonymousreply 55November 28, 2022 3:42 AM

One of the alleged perps may be Daejhanae Jackson, who will be deported to Mexico.

(I guess it pronounced “dejeuner”?)

by Anonymousreply 56November 30, 2022 5:18 AM

I bet ten dollars Daejhane's mom got the idea for his name when she heard this commercial

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57November 30, 2022 6:28 AM

So few reputable sites have picked up this story. I am concerned no arrests will be made.

by Anonymousreply 58November 30, 2022 1:51 PM

I knew a black girl once, then she died.

by Anonymousreply 59November 30, 2022 2:04 PM

I was once peripherally involved with a Mexican case (custody, not murder), which became Kafka-esque.

by Anonymousreply 60November 30, 2022 2:16 PM

Go on, r60 👀

by Anonymousreply 61November 30, 2022 2:41 PM

All international custody cases become Kafkaesque.

by Anonymousreply 62November 30, 2022 2:52 PM

So what happened? Haven't followed. She was killed by that she beast beating on her like a gorilla?

by Anonymousreply 63November 30, 2022 2:54 PM

So witnesses were just watching? Don't most people try to stop fights?

by Anonymousreply 64November 30, 2022 3:07 PM

Not since 2014 or so, R64.

Onlookers can't both stop an attack AND livestream it at the same time, so a choice must be made!

by Anonymousreply 65November 30, 2022 3:20 PM

r58 Black social media is being credited for how swiftly the investigation is moving so I think the progress will continue. Daily updates are posted on practically every blog targeted towards African Americans and its trickling over into other social media. I really cannot remember anything like it

by Anonymousreply 66November 30, 2022 3:21 PM

I've been reading a lot of Black media trying to catch myself up with this. They are discussing toxic friendships and some are even speculating it was a set up. I don't believe that but I can believe that alcohol and being separated from family along with jealousy exploded. I think the she-gorilla beating on her was most likely jealous as hell.

by Anonymousreply 67November 30, 2022 3:27 PM

What the fuck does the ridiculous 'Barb' story have to do with this?

by Anonymousreply 68November 30, 2022 3:38 PM

I can only assume the woman beating the shit out of Shanquella assumed Shanquella was fucking her man.

This is why you don’t act like a low-life in real life. She reminded me of when Candiace on Potomac gets violent. It’s not something to be celebrated. It’s not cute.

by Anonymousreply 69November 30, 2022 4:40 PM

Preach, R69. The Chappelle Show had the same idea ....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70November 30, 2022 5:42 PM

Jesus, what absolute beasts. Shall they all rot in Mexican prison.

Does anyone know Daesh.. Daej... Jackson's actual sex for sure?

by Anonymousreply 71November 30, 2022 6:24 PM

I liked the Barb story.

by Anonymousreply 72November 30, 2022 7:47 PM

I don't think there were any transgendered persons involved in the situation. I've been keeping up with this story via YouTube. One of the black YouTubers said that the hotel / villa staff thought that one of the women was transgendered because they (staff) saw her wigs (in the hotel room) and, also, saw the woman in a wig cap (something you wear on your head before you put on a wig).

by Anonymousreply 73November 30, 2022 7:59 PM

[quote] They will just say they were afraid to interfere for getting their own asses beat.

Some of the bystanders were men, so that doesn’t fly.

by Anonymousreply 74November 30, 2022 8:05 PM

Be careful

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75November 30, 2022 8:08 PM

South of our open border

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76November 30, 2022 8:10 PM

Caution

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77November 30, 2022 8:11 PM

Can'tcun

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78November 30, 2022 8:12 PM

Hidden dangers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79November 30, 2022 8:15 PM

Mexico wouldn't be my first choice of a vacation spot b/c I've lived in southern CA and other places that were close to the water.

But if I did want to go to Mexico, this incident wouldn't deter me. She was killed by one or more of the "friends" she traveled with - friends from the U.S., not friends from Mexico.

According to what I have heard, so far, the friends were late in calling for medical help. When medical help arrived, Shanquella was passed out (uncommunicative) and the friends told the medical person that she had alcohol poisoning (vs. broken vertebrae).

Despite being given misleading info on Shanquella's condition, it sounds like the first responder should have escalated the situation faster than they did.

by Anonymousreply 80November 30, 2022 8:23 PM

R68 It was an engaging and funny reiteration of the point made in this threads title.

Curious if there's any communication between the assailants/friends discussing this attack while still in the US. It seems too elaborately staged for crime of passion (or alcohol induced rage). I'm not trying to see the video but from whats described, it sounds like it was calculated.

by Anonymousreply 81November 30, 2022 9:33 PM

R81, I'm guessing that they've all turned on each other, at this point. The shit has hit the fan. None of these people were related by blood. It sounded like it was "more the merrier" due to splitting the cost of the "villa."

One reason why I like being older is that I know to avoid that kind of "vacation," sharing accommodations with semi-randoms.

The last time I went on a vacation, I shared a room with someone I had known for a few years. Due to different sleep styles (snoring, need for a night light (ugh)), I decided that, for now on, I get my own room, no matter what.

Even if I travel "back home" to visit family, I will find my own accommodations. My family is too crazy and moody and I need a place to retreat from the bullshit. Due to the expense, I rarely travel back home to see my family.

by Anonymousreply 82November 30, 2022 10:17 PM

What kind of successful business owner has time for a couple of “side hustles”? Sounds like she was in an MLM, poor lady.

I do know a successful business owner with one side hustle, which is renting out his fabulous beach condo. But that’s because he has a good assistant who does the actual work of dealing with VRBO and Airbnb.

Was Shanquella in an MLM? It seems many of these tragically dead women are. Or were.

by Anonymousreply 83November 30, 2022 11:00 PM

R83, I haven't heard about Shanquella being involved in any MLMs. What I did hear was that she had a hair-braiding business.

People, now, are so proud of their side hustles and multiple jobs. I'd rather just have one job that pays my basic bills.

I've had multiple jobs before and it was tiring. So many miles put on my car during that time.

by Anonymousreply 84November 30, 2022 11:33 PM

The purpose of this trip? Was to kill the victim.

by Anonymousreply 85November 30, 2022 11:39 PM

Seems that way, r85. 😞

by Anonymousreply 86December 1, 2022 1:30 AM

It was planned.

by Anonymousreply 87December 1, 2022 12:08 PM

Day of the dead

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88December 1, 2022 1:21 PM

Idk if it was planned. What for? To live out the fantasy? A woman living out the fantasy of beating someone to death? And the others would risk their freedom just to watch? It's too weird.

I feel like they are desensitized morons and the murderer just got carried away. Maybe she often beats people up for shits and giggles slowly escalating herself to murder, barely realizing it, not caring whatsoever. I just hope she won't harm anyone in prison but instead be harmed. Gang up on that troll, prison ladies!

by Anonymousreply 89December 1, 2022 3:46 PM

No, I also don't think it was planned.

by Anonymousreply 90December 1, 2022 3:51 PM

People keep their business to themselves and you will not be in the loop.

Why was it planned?

I don't know.

Was drugs involved?

Money?

I don't know.

by Anonymousreply 91December 1, 2022 7:11 PM

Why do I think this murder was planned.

Because the murderer was fully clothed who carefully wrapped her hair up to prevent her hair from damage during the"fight".

It wasn't a fight it was an attack..

The victim was incapacitated by alcohol or another substance.

The victim was assaulted while she was nude to add an additional layer of humiliation to her victim-hood.

All those cameras recorded her murder for the same reason, to titillate the bystanders and humiliate the victim.

by Anonymousreply 92December 1, 2022 7:29 PM

[quote] I bet ten dollars Daejhane's mom got the idea for his name when she heard this commercial

Dejeuner is French for lunch.

by Anonymousreply 93December 1, 2022 7:38 PM

[quote] What kind of successful business owner has time for a couple of “side hustles”? Sounds like she was in an MLM, poor lady.

I agree. She lost their money and they went Murder on the Orient Express on her, BET style.

by Anonymousreply 94December 1, 2022 7:41 PM

Usually when people are partying together, everyone is drunk and high.

In this case, only the victim was incapacitated and only the victim was nude.

Was the victim drugged or encouraged to drink more than usual while everyone including the males who recorded her death stayed sober?

by Anonymousreply 95December 1, 2022 7:46 PM

They slipped her a mickey so they could play human pinata on her.

Where can I find the entire video?

by Anonymousreply 96December 1, 2022 7:52 PM

Is this one of the perps?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97December 1, 2022 8:05 PM

The victim posted one final video before her murder to a social media platform.

She recorded footage of the rooms in the resort and can be heard looking for her traveling companions from room to room.

After a bit of searching, the victim finds the rest of her companions holed up in a single room.

When she comes into the room, the murderers look up at her with irritation and contempt. In hindsight, this is the moment the victim interrupted their scheming.

The purpose of this trip was to harm the victim.

by Anonymousreply 98December 1, 2022 8:06 PM

And then after all that. The murderers might have gotten away with murder but for the one person who uploaded footage of the victim being assaulted to a social media platform.

The family of the victim was told she died of alcohol poisoning.

But the recordings shows their daughter being beaten and told to" fight back" by the males who witnessed her murder, recorded her murder and uploaded the footage of the victim's murder to a social media platform.

by Anonymousreply 99December 1, 2022 8:41 PM

Yeah that’s fucked up. “And we would have gotten away with it if it wasn’t for us meddling kids!”

by Anonymousreply 100December 1, 2022 8:46 PM

Actually, they probably would have gotten away with it, if they hadn't been fool enough to put the murder videos on social media!

I'm not convinced it was a deliberate, pre-planned murder, I think it's more likely that the group decided she deserved a beating for some perceived misdeed, and even if they'd put the video of the beating on social media it's unlikely that the Mexican authorities would have done squat. But of course, the beating turned out to be fatal, and these fools uploaded snuff films, which has to be a crime in itself.

by Anonymousreply 101December 1, 2022 9:09 PM

[quote] I think it's more likely that the group decided she deserved a beating for some perceived misdeed,

You mean… A DISRESPECTING?

by Anonymousreply 102December 1, 2022 9:16 PM

Gonna step away from this conversation because I am the only one making any sense and this is pretty damn scary.

Y'all kinda. Slow.

by Anonymousreply 103December 1, 2022 9:27 PM

I'm very glad I read through this thread, now I know not to watch the video.

by Anonymousreply 104December 1, 2022 9:40 PM

What about the male who posted the video saying “ our first dead body”? The same one who filmed her murder.

by Anonymousreply 105December 2, 2022 1:58 AM

Who is going to star in the BET miniseries?

by Anonymousreply 106December 2, 2022 2:03 AM

The posters who said it was a jealousy thing probably got it right. Simmering jealousy that she had some hustle and a business turned into total rage because they perceived her as ‘showing off’ ‘disrespecting’ etc. found some little thing to go bananas on her about. Finding them all in a room looking pissed was not a good foreboding.

I wondered though if it was a fight over a man. Women don’t support each other and are by nature competitive so I can see if these women were particularly fucking crazy some sort of set up to beat the shit out of her that ended up in death.

The guy who films it also puts it on social media though? Did he not think about how that gives them all up?

Disturbing she was undressed at the time too. The whole thing is just savage.

by Anonymousreply 107December 2, 2022 2:16 AM

R107 men aren't particularly supportive when they find out another man is banging their woman. As for competitive, well, multiple studies have shown how wrong you are.

by Anonymousreply 108December 2, 2022 2:21 AM

Do tell r108. Would love to see these studies.

by Anonymousreply 109December 2, 2022 2:25 AM

[quote] The guy who films it also puts it on social media though? Did he not think about how that gives them all up?

It could have happened this way:

Someone in Mexico (one of the group) sent the video to someone "back home." The person back home then posted it.

by Anonymousreply 110December 2, 2022 2:28 AM

R108 read the post again. It was not stated that women aren’t supportive specifically if they find out someone has been sleeping with…”. The two statements that women aren’t supportive of each other and that there was maybe some set up to act like they had a grievance over a man are not mutually exclusive. It was not stated that the woman did sleep with someone else’s partner either either. They clearly picked a fight with her and none of it justified what happened to the woman. What do you think it was over? Borrowing lipstick?

Waiting for those studies by the way….

by Anonymousreply 111December 2, 2022 2:33 AM

R111 it's called testosterone and it causes quite a bit of aggressive competition among men.

As for not producing an answer in the time you expected it, you're an entitled cunt and I don't answer to your beck and call. If you make a blanket statement about women, the onus is on you to prove it, not me to disprove it. Get it now, putrid shrieking cunt?

by Anonymousreply 112December 2, 2022 2:43 AM

R107 waiting for the proof of the blanket statement that women don't support each other. I demand it NOW!

by Anonymousreply 113December 2, 2022 2:45 AM

R111 you specifically stated that you wondered if it was over a man immediately followed by the statement that women aren't supportive of each other. You need to learn to write more clearly if you don't want to be misread. Still waiting for proof of your blanket statement.

by Anonymousreply 114December 2, 2022 2:49 AM

Jesus r112. Calm down

by Anonymousreply 115December 2, 2022 2:50 AM

R115 sorry but demanding anti social losers who have no one to talk to and expect internet strangers to respond to their requests immediately, irritate me.

by Anonymousreply 116December 2, 2022 2:52 AM

The group was vacationing in a villa in a resort. And instead of chilling by the pool or beach like normal people do, they were hiding out in a room plotting like the weirdos that they are.

Jealousy? It is normal. It doesn't feel good to be jealous but it is a normal human emotion.

Hiding out in a room, plotting someone's death? Very abnormal. Very insane.

I don't believe jealousy is the motive because why were the males participating in this?

by Anonymousreply 117December 2, 2022 2:53 AM

Is it correct that most reporting on this story has basically come from Black Twitter, Black Reddit, the victim’s family and some local news outlets?

It’s odd to see such little coverage in this day and age.

by Anonymousreply 118December 2, 2022 6:22 AM

Glad to find this thread. I thought Datalounge was going to ignore it. Wonder if the Daily Mail is gonna do their thing?

I'm still thinking about the guy there who said, "Fight back dammit" or something like that - and she said "No." (a strongly voiced no, like she was fairly ok at the time, but maybe not - most people would fight back instinctively, but 1 against 3 or more? Wouldn't work anyway.

Strange case.

by Anonymousreply 119December 2, 2022 6:58 AM

OMG I feel so bad about not using some euphemism for it which should not be named. I hate Murdoch too but those guys always do the best job on crime reports.

by Anonymousreply 120December 2, 2022 6:59 AM

They arrested the gorilla and are waiting to send her to Mexico. There was no, they all chipped in and split the cost of the villa. The victim footed the bill, then her free loading jealous "friends killed her.

by Anonymousreply 121December 2, 2022 7:21 AM

She footed the bill for five or six "friends" on a Mexican vacation? smh

by Anonymousreply 122December 2, 2022 7:40 AM

Little coverage because media doesn’t care if black people kill other black people.

by Anonymousreply 123December 2, 2022 8:55 AM

So where is the whole video?

by Anonymousreply 124December 2, 2022 9:00 AM

R112 r113 r114 is actually the same (and only) putrid shrieking cunt on the thread. Here’s a lesson for you. Don’t state you have studies to disprove someone’s firsthand knowledge unless you actually can produce them. The onus is not on r111 when you claim to have academic proof of otherwise. You’re the one refuting and claiming proof. The onus is on you.

by Anonymousreply 125December 2, 2022 12:33 PM

She also complains in other threads of “vaginal insults” then calls someone here a putrid shrieking cunt. Angry frau at r112 r113 r114.

Hit ignore like I just did and we will return to more civilized discussions.

by Anonymousreply 126December 2, 2022 12:39 PM

I hope the full video has been taken down. It seems so macabre to have someone’s suffering and murder posted for everyone to see.

by Anonymousreply 127December 2, 2022 12:41 PM

The news media uses clips of the assault.

by Anonymousreply 128December 2, 2022 12:54 PM

Did the victim come into money recently?

I'm curious as to why she was friends with a bunch of freeloaders.

by Anonymousreply 129December 2, 2022 1:08 PM

The victim wasn't friends with this group but one of her murderers was close with her.

There are still a lot of questions about this crime.

The victims mother knew something was up because each person had a different story about her daughter's death, nothing adds up.

by Anonymousreply 130December 2, 2022 1:12 PM

Gang initiation?

by Anonymousreply 131December 2, 2022 1:13 PM

[quote] Is it correct that most reporting on this story has basically come from Black Twitter, Black Reddit, the victim’s family and some local news outlets?

Yes, I think so. I first heard about this via the Daily Mail. Then, the follow-ups are now on YouTube, from black YouTubers, who do seem to take credit for keeping the story alive.

by Anonymousreply 132December 2, 2022 3:30 PM

[quote] The victims mother knew something was up because each person had a different story about her daughter's death, nothing adds up.

Jordan Peele presents RASHOMON

by Anonymousreply 133December 2, 2022 3:31 PM

R125 and R126 makes a claim then when he gets called out blocks a poster. Typical coward.

Btw, your "firsthand knowledge" doesn't count for shit. However the affects of testosterone on the body, the fact that almost all supporting roles in society are filled by women and that almost every competition in the world was started by men does count.

by Anonymousreply 134December 2, 2022 4:04 PM

R125 talking about yourself in third person? You are R111 dear and you aren't that important

by Anonymousreply 135December 2, 2022 4:06 PM

As a matter of fact men are eons more likely to kill each other for competition than women. No, women are not angels either, but to pretend like a murder like that makes MORE sense for women than for men would be completely ridiculous obviously.

It's only the last few decades that vicious girl on girl beatings became a thing, no?

by Anonymousreply 136December 2, 2022 4:38 PM

I can’t but help but think they lured her down to Mexico to kill her. It’s so violent & crime ridden there.

Don’t know why they wanted to kill her.

Maybe it was for no other reason than they they wanted a snuff film.

Maybe that’s the new edgy thing. Perhaps Balenciaga can pay homage to snuff films in their spring campaign.

by Anonymousreply 137December 2, 2022 4:48 PM

The victims credit cards were stolen and used by her murderers. A cold evilminded group

by Anonymousreply 138December 2, 2022 5:13 PM

The dude filming who is yelling fight back, was the victim's best friend. They were so close, he even went on vacations with her family. When he got home from Mexico, he met with family to double down on lie that their daughter had died of alcohol poisoning,

by Anonymousreply 139December 2, 2022 5:32 PM

Complete weirdos. Losers.

by Anonymousreply 140December 2, 2022 5:34 PM

And that’s why this year’s word is GASLIGHTING!

by Anonymousreply 141December 2, 2022 5:35 PM

You are in the Mexican Riviera, in a resort, in a private villa and instead of savoring that time, heading out to the pool you are in the corner scheming to kill someone you call a friend.

These people can't be saved.

I'm guessing they all identify as Christian?

The Christian Bible tells you, thou shall not kill, lie or steal.

These freaks managed to combine all of the worst sins on a vacation.

by Anonymousreply 142December 2, 2022 5:40 PM

[quote] As a matter of fact men are eons more likely to kill each other for competition than women. No, women are not angels either, but to pretend like a murder like that makes MORE sense for women than for men would be completely ridiculous obviously.

The countless beatings perpetrated by men, many of which are captured on camera, aren't motivated by competition you silly thing. It's motivated by comraderie and a sense of joy and brotherly love.

by Anonymousreply 143December 2, 2022 7:31 PM

"It's only the last few decades that vicious girl on girl beatings became a thing, no?"

No, *filming* vicious girl on girl beatings has only become a thing in the last few decades.

I'm sure the Victorian or ancient Roman street prostitutes had similar ways of settling disputes.

by Anonymousreply 144December 2, 2022 9:11 PM

I don't know about Roman street protitutes, but it seems as if even low class schoolgirls or girls in orphanages in the say 1960's to 1980s didn't really o that. It started sometime after. Now it pops up again and again and not ALWAYS in combination with filming it on cell phones.

by Anonymousreply 145December 2, 2022 9:18 PM

I always thought the Latina culture was pretty confrontational. I knew a guy who married a feisty Puerto Rican and he finally left her after she threw a small television set at his head. And African-American, like these - similar.

White girls are nasty bitches in a passive aggressive way, but I think they're raised to be non-violent, except the trailer park or honky tonk sort, but even they don't seem to go as far.

Said as though I have wide acquaintance with any of these people - I'm a watchful loner.

by Anonymousreply 146December 2, 2022 9:26 PM

Is that part of the shock value though?. People aren’t “expecting it” from females?

by Anonymousreply 147December 2, 2022 9:39 PM

Look at women like Lucrezia Borgia, for example when thinking of a medieval woman capable of bumping you off without thinking twice. Women have the capacity to be much more vicious, than men who are more brutal. Cultural expectation was one reason in antiquity poison was always considered a womans weapon. Not to mention the way they'd ruthlessly eliminate competition from other women when it came to their 'resources ' or men as it were.

Gangs are great examples of how brutal women are to other women. Since the veil of civility is lifted the physical abuses have exponentially grown.

Another, more contemporary example: Griselda Blanco

by Anonymousreply 148December 2, 2022 9:47 PM

Gangs of women? Now you're just making shit up. Almost all gangs are formed and comprised of men.

by Anonymousreply 149December 2, 2022 9:48 PM

R149

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150December 2, 2022 9:57 PM

Like I said, almost all gangs are formed by men R150. And odd example here and there does not make a trend.

by Anonymousreply 151December 2, 2022 10:01 PM

"I don't know about Roman street protitutes, but it seems as if even low class schoolgirls or girls in orphanages in the say 1960's to 1980s didn't really o that."

How do you know? Were you a low-class schoolgirl or orphan during those years? Were you a teacher or child-minder that had close contact with the unfortunate girls of that era? Because if you weren't, you probably never heard about how such girls settled disputes. The press wasn't interested, and their teachers and orphanage workers wouldn't have been interested in publicizing girl fights, or other internal problems that made them look bad.

No, I think the advent of the camera phone and social media has just made the public aware of something that always existed.

by Anonymousreply 152December 2, 2022 10:18 PM

“ to pretend like a murder like that makes MORE sense for women than for men would be completely ridiculous obviously.”

And no one actually has done that.

by Anonymousreply 153December 2, 2022 10:21 PM

When a poster says these girls must have beaten this woman out of jealousy followed by a false statement about how women are competitive and unsupportive, then yes, that is exactly what one is doing.

by Anonymousreply 154December 2, 2022 10:30 PM

^ nope. The ones doing the beating were women actually so they are capable in this instance.

Lots of examples of the women often “not being supportive” examples too. It’s not some kumbaya world where all women link arms in sisterhood.

And jealousy seems to be the common possible motive people are discussing. Unclench r154

by Anonymousreply 155December 2, 2022 10:40 PM

We don't know why that poor woman was targeted by the whole group, maybe they thought she needed to be taken down a peg for being successful, maybe there was jealousy over a man, maybe the victim had insulted the primary assailant and the group decided that the murderer had the right to challenge the victim to a fight, maybe somehow robbery was a motive, we just don't know.

But I'm fairly sure we will, I think one of those clowns is going to go on social media or talk to the press at some point, and try to justify their actions. They'll claim that attacking the victim and humiliating her by stripping her and filming the assault was justified because the victim had done something to deserve it, and that the death was purely accidental and everyone should stop making a big deal out of it. That's when we'll know the details, or a very self-serving and inaccurate version of the details.

by Anonymousreply 156December 2, 2022 10:43 PM

Is it possible when the conspirators were having their bitch session and Shanquella walked in on them that it might have been the women bitching about her and the men nodding in agreement? Perhaps they thought she should be "taught a lesson" and it went too far? I am not defending the awful vindictive "friends", I am just wondering if that lead monsterwoman went too far. Also, why was Shanquella naked? I could not bear to watch the videos. I definitely think jealousy was the motive.

by Anonymousreply 157December 2, 2022 11:33 PM

Goodness. What an angry troll. Bitching at multiple posters and adding nothing. Bye!

by Anonymousreply 158December 2, 2022 11:38 PM

A YouTuber (Chronicle Speaks, IIRC) said that Shanquilla was naked because she was in bed, sleeping. Somebody woke her up and got her out of bed and attacked her.

by Anonymousreply 159December 2, 2022 11:40 PM

That is just savage r159

by Anonymousreply 160December 2, 2022 11:43 PM

Shanquella was apparently in Cabo for less than 24 hours before she died. This was definitely premeditated. I don't care what anyone says. They planned to do this hateful, vile, shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161December 3, 2022 2:54 AM

Also...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162December 3, 2022 2:56 AM

Thanks for posting those YouTube videos.

by Anonymousreply 163December 3, 2022 4:01 AM

Video sleuths, who interview Shanquella's aunt and her father in this video, also say at Minute 23:

Instead of Dejeuner (sp?) it was one of the other female friends in that room, named “Winter”, who bodyslammed Shanquella and broke her neck/spine. Why?

These “friends” robbed Shanquella of $10,000 (plus paying for vacation) so maybe they didn’t want her to report that she was robbed so they could keep the money – this was according to one of Shanquella’s friends who did not go to Cabo (she posted this on Facebook). There’s apparently more video out there and maybe the accused Dejeuner has it and is holding onto it until she’s charged.

Sorry I haven't looked up how to spell Dejeuner but I'm sleepy - this video popped up after R162's video on YT. They also show the group having a dinner, drinking, apparently happy and partying, at a dinner table at a restaurant or something, soon after they arrived at Cabo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164December 3, 2022 4:54 AM

Also in video: Winter Donovan's voice on the phone saying she won't go into details because it's up to Dejeuner to speak for herself

by Anonymousreply 165December 3, 2022 4:57 AM

[quote]Sorry I haven't looked up how to spell Dejeuner but I'm sleepy

Dejanae

by Anonymousreply 166December 3, 2022 4:57 AM

^ *Daejhanae

Jeebus... -_-

by Anonymousreply 167December 3, 2022 4:58 AM

Sorry... it's probably upthread - I'm just real dopey right now and didn't think to scroll up.

by Anonymousreply 168December 3, 2022 4:58 AM

Hell, even I was guessing, r168. Just being real.

by Anonymousreply 169December 3, 2022 5:00 AM

I think it was Winter Donovan who's interviewed in the R164 video who said Shanquella did some crazy shit while drunk and that's why they were fighting

by Anonymousreply 170December 3, 2022 5:00 AM

Dijonnaise. He was born around 1996 which was also when Hellman's Dijonnaise commercials were in heavy rotation. His mom heard the commercials and the word Dijonnaise registered on a subliminal level in her mind. By the time he was born, she thought she came up with the name herself

by Anonymousreply 171December 3, 2022 5:08 AM

I didn't see a fight. I saw footage of a woman being assaulted which lead to her death. Her assailants told the victim to "fight back". The victim was nude, her murderers clothed.

by Anonymousreply 172December 3, 2022 5:41 AM

Thanks for the vids. Honestly queen Shiba's theory is the first time this crime makes sense. Why did she pay, why were they there.

Who hasn't watched: The theory Wenter and Dejane (have got no time for all them letters) + Khalil probably being smugglers and actual heavy duty criminals and Shanquella and some of the others being their cover. though it's possible that they were promised money, a free trip or something.. Maybe Shanquella only paid from her card because she has a clean slate and she should have gotten it back in cash. She then might have heard/seen too much,

It would explain why Alysse supposedly screamed around and made them stop as soon as she saw the attack, but then didn't get help or tell the truth. She would be scared.

All these videos seem very sure Wenter killed her and is a scary psycho.

by Anonymousreply 173December 3, 2022 5:58 PM

It makes sense there would be some drugs/smuggling background.

If only because little else does make sense.

by Anonymousreply 174December 3, 2022 6:09 PM

No. I can't watch a thirty minute presentation. The hosts have speech impediments. No.

by Anonymousreply 175December 3, 2022 6:17 PM

One of the host pronounced, Cabo as "kyebow".

No.

by Anonymousreply 176December 3, 2022 6:22 PM

Was this simply a case of “crabs in a barrel”…?

Did they take her down simply because she was doing better than they are?

I’m FB friends with a very successful family — they also happen to be black. They both worked their asses off in college for their degrees…computer science & law. Their posts include a lot of humble-bragging…& some not so humble bragging. He actually has mentioned something about how much money they are making…& shows photos of them buying luxury cars. And buying expensive toys for the kids. Going out to eat…vacations…

They’re a great family — the kids make high grades & win first place in their school competitions.

Maybe Shanquella was doing well & her friends felt like she was rubbing their noses in it…maybe she showed off some cash & they wanted to go in together to steal it.

I just can’t figure out a motive. Would people do this to a friend for a measly $2K?

by Anonymousreply 177December 4, 2022 12:14 AM

r171 gurl please.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178December 4, 2022 12:32 AM

Any news, DL sleuths? Will there be justice for Shanquella?

by Anonymousreply 179December 6, 2022 9:59 PM

I'm under the impression that Americans can be tried in the US for crimes that they committed outside of the US. Especially sexual abuse of children, but other things as well.

by Anonymousreply 180December 6, 2022 10:43 PM

This pdf document I'll try to link says:

“...the United States may give extraterritorial effect to U.S. laws in cases involving: 1. U.S. citizens abroad…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181December 6, 2022 11:09 PM

Nancy Grace is now covering the story.

I can’t help but think that 10 or 15 years ago this would be all over CNN.

Certainly during the Piers Morgan era.

by Anonymousreply 182December 7, 2022 3:11 AM

I don't get how you can just beat someone to death and then nothing happens for 2 months. What is the deciding factor if murder is a problem for the authorities or not? Is it really because she's black? Is it just that prisons are full right now?

by Anonymousreply 183December 7, 2022 7:23 AM

DL sleuths are we sure that rough ghetto bitch has been arrested for this? There is no jail location or mug shot for the perp

by Anonymousreply 184December 7, 2022 8:13 PM

Next season, on "The White Lotus."

But seriously, the creation of reality television launched the end of modern civilization.

by Anonymousreply 185December 9, 2022 6:02 PM

A goddam tragedy what happen to this young woman. These goons needs to be locked up for the rest of their lives, all of em. Heartless sobs.

The are rumors circulating that the girl beating her is an MTF trans.

by Anonymousreply 186December 9, 2022 6:05 PM

Any mugshots yet?

by Anonymousreply 187December 10, 2022 9:18 AM

Unfortunately it sounds like this case isn’t going anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 188December 10, 2022 12:37 PM

R186, the “Wenter” chick does look trans. But her voice sounds female.

I hope these f*ckers do not get away with this.

by Anonymousreply 189December 10, 2022 1:22 PM

I wonder why Shanquella didn’t fight back.

Did she know she didn’t stand a chance? And that fighting back would only make it worse?

by Anonymousreply 190December 11, 2022 10:13 PM

R190 She looks like she had already been roughed up by that point. They probably jumped her, she was already out of it, and that was the finishing blows. Poor baby.

by Anonymousreply 191December 11, 2022 10:19 PM

But her male “friend” told her to fight back & she said “no.”

What if…the other girls were stealth trans. And the guys were on the downlow with them. And Shanquella was blabbing.

by Anonymousreply 192December 11, 2022 10:22 PM

Where are all the true crime Reddit fraus?

by Anonymousreply 193December 11, 2022 11:30 PM

R192 That guy is not on the downloaw; he is gay as the day long and openly gay from reports. Supposedly that was her "best friend" I think she may have been drunk in addition to being completely in shock.

by Anonymousreply 194December 12, 2022 3:03 PM

I have not re-read this thread in a couple of days. I *did* start watching the video, almost by accident, before I knew almost anything about this murder, but knowing that the victim was dead ahead of time, I quickly turned it off. There has been virtually NO news on this case in the past week. It is just incredible. I found the attached newstory from a local news reporter (NC), where Robinson is from. I don't think this was pointed out on this thread yet and it's stunning: the murder happened within the first full day of their arrival. That afternoon, a doctor was called and was present with Shanquella for almost 2 hours, maybe longer, before she died. The doctor did not *notice* that her neck was broken! (Allegedly). The DOCTOR did not call an ambulance until Shanquella was on the verge of death! The Coroner's Report stated that Shanquella had died that afternoon at around 3 pm, of a broken neck, yet the doctor was there with the victim and Shanquella's "friends", AND the police (who arrived eventually) until nearly 6 p.m. the same evening, when THEY say that Shanquella died! The Coroner and the police and doctor are off from each other by over 3 HOURS!! The friends returned to Mexico and ALL of them told the mother different stories, on the phone, about how Shanquella had died...WHY hasn't the suspect who is wanted in Mexico been ID'd in the press in the US, and why hasn't everyone in those videos been arrested for assault, or [something...??- filming someone being murdered in your hotel living room and doing nothing to prevent it?] I'm an attorney and this just doesn't make any sense to me.

Also, does it seem likely to anyone else that Shanquella must have been drugged? Roofies or something like that? She wasn't fighting back in the attack. It also seemed in the report linked below like she was alive but really unresponsive to the doctor, again for HOURS, like she must have been doped up. How could a fucking physician not have figured any of this out over a period of 2 hours!? Very very strange.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195December 14, 2022 10:11 PM

"That afternoon, a doctor was called and was present with Shanquella for almost 2 hours, maybe longer, before she died. The doctor did not *notice* that her neck was broken! (Allegedly). "

A lone doctor on the scene of a trauma can't do much about serious injuries, they can suture wounds, they can give painkillers, maybe they can set broken the more obviously broken bones. But to save someone from a serious spinal injury, the patient needs to be at a trauma center, with a variety of xray machines and CTs and MRIs, and an operating room that was either staffed or could be staffed on short notice, and perhaps if the poor woman had been taken to a trauma center she might have had a chance.

If she lived for hours after her neck was broken, she may have had an incomplete injury that didn't have incredibly obvious symptoms, or the language barrier or the patient's impaired mentation may have kept the doctor from realizing what was going on. And of course there would have been no honest information to be had from the witnesses, but if there really was a doctor there I suspect negligence.

by Anonymousreply 196December 14, 2022 10:29 PM

Yes, I think the "friends" may have dropped something in Shanquella's drink. I don't understand why the suspect has not been identified either.

by Anonymousreply 197December 15, 2022 3:08 AM

I think we know who they are - but what's happening with the case? A few days ago, the mother or sister or something said she wanted these two (or just Wenter?) to be extradited to Mexico and to be in a Mexican jail (a different link that the one below that names the attackers as per a video of the murder, apparently from the guy who was filming it there - her friend who told her to fight back?)

"Sooo apparently there’s another video out there with Shanquella.

It’s being alleged that after the fight with Daejhanae Jackson, Wenter Donovan put her arms around Shanquella’s neck and body slammed her, and after that she didn’t get back up"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198December 15, 2022 3:41 AM

Dec 12: Shanquella's family asks for justice:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199December 15, 2022 3:42 AM

Why is Winter’s name spelled “Wenter”?

by Anonymousreply 200December 15, 2022 4:07 AM

I prefer Wenter to Daejhanae.

by Anonymousreply 201December 15, 2022 4:29 AM

there are no details to this case.

by Anonymousreply 202December 15, 2022 7:47 AM

WORD, OP!

by Anonymousreply 203December 15, 2022 7:51 AM

Shanquella don't live here no moh.

by Anonymousreply 204December 15, 2022 10:52 AM

The police in the United States *could* arrest the individuals identifiable in the videos (at a minimum) for what they are shown doing just in those films, it's clear evidence of the commission of serious crime. These people could all be arrested in the states where they live here (presumably or likely NC). Nobody cares? R195

by Anonymousreply 205December 15, 2022 12:59 PM

I want justice for Shanquella. How awful to spring for vacation lodging for your friends only to be betrayed and killed by them.

Her poor mother. 😭

by Anonymousreply 206December 17, 2022 9:22 PM

Any news?

by Anonymousreply 207December 21, 2022 4:05 AM

I lost track of this case, but I said upthread weeks ago that it was all smoke and mirrors about the friends getting arrested. It would have happened already.

by Anonymousreply 208December 21, 2022 4:29 AM

No one cares. It’s a tragedy.

by Anonymousreply 209December 21, 2022 2:34 PM

Still no charges filed. I hope people dont forget about this tragic case.

by Anonymousreply 210January 14, 2023 8:00 AM

It’s heartbreaking.

by Anonymousreply 211January 15, 2023 2:59 AM

Any updates?

by Anonymousreply 212February 5, 2023 6:50 PM

What is going on with this?

by Anonymousreply 213February 5, 2023 7:30 PM

[quote]R6 "I myself" Oh, dear - as opposed to just "I."

There's nothing wrong with using "myself" to add emphasis. Nothing funnier than a grammar Nazi who doesn't know what she's talking about.

by Anonymousreply 214February 5, 2023 7:35 PM

[bold]Family of Shanquella Robinson calls for diplomatic intervention months after woman's death in Mexico[/bold]

Mexican authorities have requested that a suspect be extradited from the U.S.

Robinson's family and their attorneys gathered at a press conference in Washington, D.C., and demanded a diplomatic intervention by President Joe Biden and the State Department to help assist in her case.

Robinson of Charlotte, North Carolina, was found dead in San Jose Del Cabo, Mexico, in October during a group trip where she and her acquaintances traveled for vacation.

The group allegedly blamed Robinson's death on alcohol poisoning; however, an autopsy later concluded that she had suffered trauma to her neck and spine.

In a video that went viral shortly after her death, Robinson is seen being severely beaten by another woman in a hotel room while at least two people in the room are watching and recording the incident.

"No one has been arrested," Sallamondra Robinson said during Friday's press conference. "The people who knew what happened to my daughter are living their lives. They have returned to work and my family is left to wait and wait to beg for answers."

Mexican authorities said the investigation is ongoing and an arrest warrant was issued for a suspect in November for the crime of femicide, a form of gender-based violence, according to a local prosecutor.

The warrant was issued for an unnamed alleged perpetrator, "a friend of hers who is the direct aggressor," said Daniel de la Rosa Anaya, a local prosecutor for the state of Baja California Sur.

Mexican authorities have requested that the suspect be extradited from the U.S., but legal experts say it's unusual for the U.S. to extradite its own citizens.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215March 10, 2023 6:38 PM

That poor young woman and her family! It is beyond strange that nothing has really moved forward from a law enforcement aspect and the family had to take it the State Department and the President to request help.

by Anonymousreply 216March 10, 2023 7:53 PM

Tough luck Shanquella. The feds don't care.

𝐔𝐒 𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐤 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐨𝐟 𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚 𝐑𝐨𝐛𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐢𝐧 𝐌𝐞𝐱𝐢𝐜𝐨

Department of Justice prosecutors met with the family of Shanquella Robinson and told them that after “careful deliberation,” they determined there was not enough evidence to seek charges in the case.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217April 13, 2023 2:05 AM

That sucks, r217. 😡

by Anonymousreply 218April 14, 2023 10:24 PM

Her poor mother. I can’t imagine how she feels right now.

by Anonymousreply 219April 14, 2023 11:27 PM

Scum bags got away with murder.

by Anonymousreply 220April 15, 2023 5:13 AM

Poor Sonequa. Black girls literally have millions of choices of what to do with their professional lives. May black girl RIP.

by Anonymousreply 221May 20, 2023 12:28 AM

Horrible.

If this girl was white and blonde, it would be reported far differently.

by Anonymousreply 222May 20, 2023 7:48 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!