Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Disney has 6 Different Endings for Indiana Jones 5, So Far All Of Them Failed at test screenings!

Allegedly the storyline begins in the 1960s with Indiana Jones and his goddaughter Helena, played by Phoebe Waller-Bridge. Apparently, they go back in time via a portal at Stonehenge to both the Roman era (as seen in set photos) and to the 1930s during the time of the original films. There old Indy meets young Indy and in one of six different endings both are killed off before Phoebe takes up the hat and whip as a female incarnation of the character – or at least one who takes up the mantle as a sort of Lara Croft...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69December 2, 2022 2:53 PM

OP's photo of Harrison Ford make me MOIST!!!!! I'm dripping!!!!

by Anonymousreply 1November 14, 2022 2:01 AM

I still only watch the first two. And FUCK Disney anyway.

by Anonymousreply 2November 14, 2022 2:02 AM

Goddaughter? So just some random chick basically?

by Anonymousreply 3November 14, 2022 2:02 AM

Is the secret to the whole thing hidden in Phoebe Waller-Bridge's gross forehead mole?

by Anonymousreply 4November 14, 2022 2:04 AM

They should have figured out in the Crystal Skull movie that if they wanted to transition to a female Indy, they should have had Shia's character be a daughter. A girl who was half Indy and half Karen Allen's character would have been a really cool character.

They are never going to have an ending with two dead Indys be popular. People don't like seeing their favority childhood characters killed off and they already killed Ford's Han Solo. They will end up having him retire to some island and hand off the hat and whip to her.

I hope she's a better character than Lara Croft ended up being in the Tomb Raider movies. Or, they finally get serious and make a good Tomb Raider movie.

by Anonymousreply 5November 14, 2022 2:08 AM

Wow - that whole plot sounds terrible. Also, why is Ford so insistent on his characters dying.

And, let's be blunt. As much as you may or may not like Phoebe Waller-Bridge, the reason why this movie will fail is that it's more concerned about being woke than having a good story. Agenda is taking priority over having a good story. This is Ford's last run at the character - there should be no other priority than a good Indy story. Replacing Indiana Jones with a woman is like replacing Bond with a women 007.

If six different endings have failed, it's because the rest of the movie fails to setup that or any ending well. The problem isn't the ending, but that the rest of the movie is likely an incoherent mess for which NO ending would be satisfactory.

by Anonymousreply 6November 14, 2022 2:12 AM

Mangold denies there have been any screenings. (But, wouldn't he say that either way?)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7November 14, 2022 2:13 AM

Why do they have to kill him? Just let him retire and move down to Florida.

by Anonymousreply 8November 14, 2022 2:13 AM

R6 how do you know it's concerned with being woke? Have you seen the film?

by Anonymousreply 9November 14, 2022 2:14 AM

Here's a radical idea: Disney doesn't need to continue the franchise. In the old days movies came to a natural end. Let the Indiana Jones saga end without any further films. After all, the only reason Disney wants to keep making these is the hope of making money from them. They're not interested in making a good movie, they're interested in making good money.

I can't be the only person who is completely fed up with sequel following sequel following sequel following sequel...

by Anonymousreply 10November 14, 2022 4:14 AM

This series was a great trilogy. Why they couldn’t leave well (of souls?) enough alone… I’ll never know.

by Anonymousreply 11November 14, 2022 4:23 AM

I still love the first and the third film, and I am prepared to pretend like it was a trilogy, still.

the third had three of my all time screen heartthrobs: Ford, Connery, and Phoenix (River played young Indy).

by Anonymousreply 12November 14, 2022 4:27 AM

R10, R11 This movie isn't for you.

You are old. Disney wants to capture the fresh new generation of buyers.

by Anonymousreply 13November 14, 2022 4:27 AM

Anything has to be a step up from Crystal Skull.

by Anonymousreply 14November 14, 2022 4:31 AM

This new movie wasn't succeed unless it contains Gugu Mbatha-Raw as Indy and Tanisha Laverne Grant as Indy's lover.

by Anonymousreply 15November 14, 2022 4:32 AM

Hasn’t Hollywood learned from the Terminator and even Star Wars to not replace beloved male characters with new female characters. Murdering men and women taking over franchises doesn’t work.

Of course it’s going to fail.

by Anonymousreply 16November 14, 2022 4:38 AM

I've never seen any of these movies, are they any good?

by Anonymousreply 17November 14, 2022 4:40 AM

[quote]This new movie wasn't succeed unless it contains Gugu Mbatha-Raw as Indy

I'd actually love that. She's great. They should make her the new Lara Croft.

by Anonymousreply 18November 14, 2022 4:42 AM

R17 I saw the first movie.

It was pastiche of 1940s B Movies and cheap serials and was to star that non-actor named Tom Selleck.

His casting tells you that it was a tongue-in-cheek semi-camp exercise in Speelburg nostalgia and brainless derring-do.

by Anonymousreply 19November 14, 2022 4:46 AM

You sound like a real drag, R19.

by Anonymousreply 20November 14, 2022 4:49 AM

R20 You sound like a 1940s kiddie who spent his Saturdays at the picture show.

by Anonymousreply 21November 14, 2022 4:52 AM

there was literally an always sunny episode about this

by Anonymousreply 22November 14, 2022 4:59 AM

I love seeing meltdowns from fragile manbabies when women are allowed to star in movies.

by Anonymousreply 23November 14, 2022 5:03 AM

Oh, R23, is Gugu Mbatha-Raw a woman?

by Anonymousreply 24November 14, 2022 5:06 AM

[quote]Replacing Indiana Jones with a woman is like replacing Bond with a women 007.

r6, that's exactly what happened in the last Bond movie, and despite the conservative media trying to gin up outrage before the movie came out, when it finally did, no one cared about that part.

by Anonymousreply 25November 14, 2022 5:06 AM

Wait! Isn't he immortal after drinking from the Holy Grail?

by Anonymousreply 26November 14, 2022 5:08 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27November 14, 2022 5:08 AM

my friend saw him in NYC just a few days ago. He was walking by himself on park ave in midtown around 55th street. My friend didn't bother him but told me that they made eye contact. He looked great for 80 yrs old!

by Anonymousreply 28November 14, 2022 6:24 AM

R24, yes, she is a woman.

by Anonymousreply 29November 14, 2022 8:54 AM

The 1992 Indy TV series is considered canon by Disney. So Indiana Jones will not die before he's at least 93. There are still plans for another Indy series at Disney +. Disney will not kill off a second legacy character in their franchises played by Harrison Ford who may be will to narrate a new series.

by Anonymousreply 30November 14, 2022 9:23 AM

The new "Indy" is going to be played by an actress best known for her snarky, icy, personality? Will they replace the whip with her sharp tongue?

by Anonymousreply 31November 14, 2022 9:37 AM

Is there actually an audience for this?

by Anonymousreply 32November 14, 2022 11:13 AM

The source this article is citing is YouTuber Doomcock, who is notorious for leaking incorrect spoilers. His track record for accurate leaks is terrible.

by Anonymousreply 33November 14, 2022 11:36 AM

R11, I see what you did there.

by Anonymousreply 34November 14, 2022 12:18 PM

I'm surprised they didn't cast Laverne Cox as the goddaughter.

by Anonymousreply 35November 14, 2022 12:23 PM

[quote]The source this article is citing is YouTuber Doomcock, who is notorious for leaking incorrect spoilers. His track record for accurate leaks is terrible.

Yeah, he's pretty much an idiot who is unreliable. He and Mike Zeroh pretty much just make-up stuff for clicks.

by Anonymousreply 36November 14, 2022 12:28 PM

It's not "rocket science" is it? set in the 1960s, during the cold war, why not Indy vs the russians in various locales....

the only issue should be the ending, Indy perhaps retires but wink win is a consultant a rogue consultant to the, with the government....karen allen brought back as his one true love at the end...

by Anonymousreply 37November 14, 2022 12:34 PM

I haven't heard one word of Karen Allen's involvement in this movie from any of the official media reports, which is the biggest red flag for me. If they kill off Marion between movies, I'm definitely not interested. I wasn't thrilled with how they used her in Crystal Skull, but bringing her back was the one thing they got right.

by Anonymousreply 38November 14, 2022 12:37 PM

Is testing audience reactions to movies,.something they always do?

by Anonymousreply 39November 14, 2022 1:01 PM

Yes and no r39. In this case Lucasfilm, the producers of Indy 5 only do in-house test screenings, meaning they will show the film to employees for feedback. They do not test with the general public.

Another reason to think this report is suspect.

by Anonymousreply 40November 14, 2022 1:04 PM

Thanks R40.

by Anonymousreply 41November 14, 2022 1:10 PM

Maybe if Miss Greater Derry would pick up the baton...

by Anonymousreply 42November 14, 2022 1:19 PM

Harrison’s casual yet intense sex appeal was an important part of the earlier movies. They should get Joe Manganiello involved in this somehow

by Anonymousreply 43November 14, 2022 2:19 PM

[quote]Harrison’s casual yet intense sex appeal was an important part of the earlier movies. They should get Joe Manganiello involved in this somehow

Before he proved himself to be a complete nozzle, I would have suggested Chris Pratt would be a good replacement. Now, I wouldn't see the movie if he were involved.

Young Nathan Fillion (Firefly era) would have been a good alternative at the time. They really screwed the pooch on the franchise by not getting Fillion for the Uncharted movies when they had a chance. Now, he's too old for either.

If you could be a time lord, Jackie Chan as a grown up Short Round would have been an interesting casting choice for an Indy sidekick.

by Anonymousreply 44November 14, 2022 2:28 PM

No Karen Allen… no movie. Fuck. That. She is a great actress and Spielberg is such an aspies asshat sometimes, he didn’t know what to do with her in the last movie. Probably because he’s loyal to that shrill wife of his.

by Anonymousreply 45November 14, 2022 2:29 PM

If Indy is not recast as a disabled, trans, neurodivergent POC I will be LIVID.

by Anonymousreply 46November 14, 2022 2:39 PM

Is it really recasting if they simply transfer the basic premise - adventuring archeologist who is smarter and luckier than the rest - who swashbuckles his way through movies?

Han Solo was (mis)recast with Alden Ehrenreich. James Bond is actually being recast and reinvented each time they cast him. But, unless they actually call the character Indiana Jones and make it the same character, I wouldn't call it recasting.

That said, I'm not all that interested in seeing a swashbuckling archeologist other than Indy.

by Anonymousreply 47November 14, 2022 3:17 PM

R42 Can he bend over that far?!

by Anonymousreply 48November 14, 2022 3:20 PM

The inclusion of Phoebe Waller-Bridge aka Unholy Massive Moley is a massive red flag. I'm assuming she is playing a trans character who uses her gigantic facial mole for some nefarious act of evil. Indiana Jones must somehow try to slice off the massive growth from her face to save the world.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49November 14, 2022 3:31 PM

Phoebe Waller-Bridge's time as the IT girl in Hollywood came and went so quickly. This is the first time I've seen her name mentioned in over a year.

by Anonymousreply 50November 14, 2022 3:42 PM

When is Hollywood going to realize that sometimes audiences prefer their white male legacy characters? Does every single one have to be replaced with somebody else who checks certain boxes? Holy fuck, I'm as liberal as they come, and this constant category casting annoys the fuck out of me.

by Anonymousreply 51November 14, 2022 4:26 PM

R44 I agree about everything except Chris Pratt - never would’ve been a draw for me lol.

by Anonymousreply 52November 14, 2022 4:49 PM

Kathleen Kennedy is a white apologist now.

by Anonymousreply 53November 14, 2022 5:09 PM

wonder which ending they have chosen...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54December 2, 2022 3:30 AM

They should end 'Indy 5' in such a way that the fate of Indiana Jones is unknown; he disappears. Establish some younger compatriots who can eventually serve as a bridge to the next film.

But the next film needs to wait until CGI overlay (such as has been used to recreate Governor Tarkin, Princess Leia, and Luke Skywalker) has been perfected and made cost effective. Then the fate of Indiana Jones can be revealed to have been the discovery of Ponce de León's Fountain of Youth, and further stories can be told using a younger Indiana. No need to trouble Harrison Ford.

by Anonymousreply 55December 2, 2022 4:53 AM

I think it looks great. I can’t believe one fucktards false news about a bad test screening was taken as fact. It hasn’t tested anywhere for anyone.

by Anonymousreply 56December 2, 2022 5:08 AM

Time travel? WTF? Time travel isn’t possible. This isn’t a Marvel fantasy or Back to the Future. Are they going to introduce time travel in the next Bridgett Jones movie too or the next James Bond?

by Anonymousreply 57December 2, 2022 5:12 AM

Wasn’t River Phoenix available?

by Anonymousreply 58December 2, 2022 5:21 AM

Crystal Skull was so awful. Shia is nuts but he was right to trash the movie and Spielberg deserved to be dragged for it.

I'm also not happy that Karen Allen is not back. She has such great chemistry with Ford but I assume they want to make people forget the last turd of an Indy movie.

by Anonymousreply 59December 2, 2022 5:23 AM

R58 Judy Davis has been made permanently indisposed.

by Anonymousreply 60December 2, 2022 6:00 AM

How hard can it be for them to understand that we don't want another female lead in a role written for a man that has nothing to do with women in real life??

by Anonymousreply 61December 2, 2022 6:06 AM

[quote]Allegedly the storyline begins in the 1960s with Indiana Jones and his goddaughter Helena, played by Phoebe Waller-Bridge

This is where I stopped reading.

I don't know what Disney was thinking.

by Anonymousreply 62December 2, 2022 6:08 AM

R51... I SO SO hear you!...

by Anonymousreply 63December 2, 2022 1:03 PM

His goddaughter? The fuck?

by Anonymousreply 64December 2, 2022 1:20 PM

[quote]R57: Time travel? WTF? Time travel isn’t possible. This isn’t a Marvel fantasy or Back to the Future. Are they going to introduce time travel in the next Bridgett Jones movie too or the next James Bond?

You know what else isn't possible? The supernatural elements of the Ark of the Covenant, Sankara stones, and the Holy Grail; hell, setting the supernatural aside, there's no evidence any of these artifacts existed. One cannot remove internal organs like the heart without breaking the skin, and leaving the subject alive. The Indiana Jones stories are already laden with impossible fantasy. Time travel isn't any more improbable.

Having said that, though, I am uncomfortable with the idea of integrating time travel fiction into the storylines of the Jones franchise. It just doesn't feel like it fits.

by Anonymousreply 65December 2, 2022 1:20 PM

The only ending should be Indiana opening a casket and Callista Flockheart's boney form coming out and choking him. The two turn to dust.

by Anonymousreply 66December 2, 2022 1:36 PM

Seeing the trailer, I'm willing to suspend my judgement in R65.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67December 2, 2022 2:21 PM

Desiccated. Withered looking. 100 years old and looks his age.

by Anonymousreply 68December 2, 2022 2:26 PM

I don't buy that the industry really believes movies like this will succeed. It must be a psyop. Wrap yourselves in foil before watching this one!

by Anonymousreply 69December 2, 2022 2:53 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!