Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Cop Fired After Shooting Teen Eating In Mcdonald's Parking Lot

San Antonio officer fired after shooting at teen sitting in McDonald's parking lot eating a burger'

The officer was responding to an unrelated disturbance call at the restaurant. Erik Cantu, 17, is "fighting for his life" in the hospital, his attorney said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117December 2, 2022 4:26 AM

Wtf. Was the cop tested for drugs and alcohol?

by Anonymousreply 1October 9, 2022 12:34 AM

What? I have Wendy's stock.

by Anonymousreply 2October 9, 2022 12:36 AM

Don't leave your house anymore. Between the street criminals, random street crime and trigger happy cops...ain't worth it.

by Anonymousreply 3October 9, 2022 12:38 AM

He should have never been a cop.

by Anonymousreply 4October 9, 2022 12:38 AM

At the end of the video, it said the cop was fired. I hope so....but more charges need to be filed.

by Anonymousreply 5October 9, 2022 12:40 AM

Fired and charged.

Taxpayers will be footing the kids medical expenses and huge lawsuit.

by Anonymousreply 6October 9, 2022 12:44 AM

Was the car stolen or not? And the officer says get out of the car, get out of the car, don’t try to escape. Cops react, only.

by Anonymousreply 7October 9, 2022 12:46 AM

I agree, R7

by Anonymousreply 8October 9, 2022 12:47 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9October 9, 2022 12:49 AM

Brennand had responded to an unrelated disturbance at the fast-food restaurant when he saw the Cantu inside the car, which had evaded him a day earlier, Campos said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 9, 2022 12:50 AM

I’m surprised the kid lived to be honest.

by Anonymousreply 11October 9, 2022 12:52 AM

Jesus, R5! It says he was fired in the fucking OP! You have taken stupidity to a new high on this site.

by Anonymousreply 12October 9, 2022 12:56 AM

No more fast food for Erik Cantu, soon he'll be eating at four or five star restaurants, living in a huge house complete with professional style kitchen and a cook. All made possible by the generous tax dollars of San Antonio ratepayers after young Mr. Cantu gets lawyered up and takes legal action.

by Anonymousreply 13October 9, 2022 1:05 AM

Disagree R7 if someone opened my door with a gun pointed at me yelling get out, I would have done the same thing. Never identified themselves as police officer, and never waited for backup for all the poor kids knew they were being carjacked. His immediate response was to use deadly force rather than chase him in his vehicle. It was attempted murder and he should be charged with second-degree attempted murder.

by Anonymousreply 14October 9, 2022 1:07 AM

As per the Daily Mail has better write of of story than most American news media outlets.

Former LE officer James Brennand is rather attractive.

by Anonymousreply 15October 9, 2022 1:07 AM

R12..You should be a cop. You're IQ fits the job...going from 0 to 100 in stupid reactions.

by Anonymousreply 16October 9, 2022 1:07 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17October 9, 2022 1:07 AM

Kid was mid chew eating a hamburger when he was shot. Wtf.

by Anonymousreply 18October 9, 2022 1:09 AM

This kid is evaded him the other day.

by Anonymousreply 19October 9, 2022 1:12 AM

[quote]You're IQ fits the job...

Okiedokie.

by Anonymousreply 20October 9, 2022 1:13 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21October 9, 2022 1:14 AM

Bad cop but kid was an idiot. Only fat whores eat McDonald’s. Also if anyone points a gun in your face, give them the car.

by Anonymousreply 22October 9, 2022 1:14 AM

Is the rest of the burger 🍔 ok?

by Anonymousreply 23October 9, 2022 1:15 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24October 9, 2022 1:16 AM

Lol R20...Okie dokie...I'll "oh dear" myself...

by Anonymousreply 25October 9, 2022 1:17 AM

"This kid is evaded him the other day."

So WTF does that mean? Are we back in days of Reconstruction South or whatever when just because someone ticked off LE next time an officer comes upon said person it's open season to kill?

Second of all only reason why Erik Cantu's vehicle was tagged by LE previous day was because license plate did not match car. Hardly a reason to approach the ride without back-up and gun blazing.

"“As the officer attempted to gather information from witnesses, he noticed a vehicle that had evaded him the day before as the officer attempted a stop because the registered license plate did not match the actual vehicle,” she said."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26October 9, 2022 1:20 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27October 9, 2022 1:22 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28October 9, 2022 1:22 AM

R15, Daily Fail is a joke

by Anonymousreply 29October 9, 2022 1:23 AM

R13, he wouldn't have to sue if a cop didn't shoot him for no reason. Of course you think the "taxpayers" are the victims. You conservatives weren't worried about the taxpayers footing the bill for all those bullshit election audits

by Anonymousreply 30October 9, 2022 1:24 AM

Don't they train the police any more?

by Anonymousreply 31October 9, 2022 1:25 AM

That car was stolen, I guarantee it.

by Anonymousreply 32October 9, 2022 1:28 AM

It’s a criminal’s paradise. Maybe the kid will move to West Hollywood if he gets millions. Hopefully he does.

by Anonymousreply 33October 9, 2022 1:29 AM

It doesn't say in the article what the cop was looking for.

by Anonymousreply 34October 9, 2022 1:30 AM

Former LE wasn't "looking" for anything.

Day or whatever before he spied what he believed was same motor vehicle, and upon running a check license plate and car did not match. Based upon that next time rookie cop saw same vehicle he sprung into action.

by Anonymousreply 35October 9, 2022 1:32 AM

There needs to be a better screening of applicants to join the police. Maybe a series of tests, intellectually and mentally. It seems they take anyone...maybe out of desperation. I don't think too many people want that job. Their training needs to be much more intensive in judging situations and how to react.

by Anonymousreply 36October 9, 2022 1:38 AM

Huh 35???

by Anonymousreply 37October 9, 2022 1:49 AM

The kid is Mexican I’m sure.

by Anonymousreply 38October 9, 2022 2:11 AM

Criminals rule today.

by Anonymousreply 39October 9, 2022 2:13 AM

What was the cop looking for. The kid evaded cops earlier. Why?

by Anonymousreply 40October 9, 2022 2:21 AM

It takes longer to become a hairdresser than it does to become a cop.

by Anonymousreply 41October 9, 2022 2:54 AM

The car was supposedly the same car that evaded him the day before you know because there can be only one car like that. The cop failed to identify himself, had his gun drawn, and used lethal force when he didn't have to. The police leaders there should do a full review of all new police persons. The man should also be arrested for attempted second-degree murder and be in jail. Get a cop to say that though. That is the problem with the police. They protect their own even when they are fucking monsters.

by Anonymousreply 42October 9, 2022 3:07 AM

When I first read the headline I thought, "Rogue cop shoots teen in cold blood". Of course the real story is much more complicated. Teen tried to run over cop.

If they keep refusing to support cops, no one is going to want to be one. I wouldn't. You have to be a marksman, wrestler, marriage counselor, Social Worker... no way.

by Anonymousreply 43October 9, 2022 3:15 AM

R36 The pay in some places is really bad plus the training is terrible. In a small town not far from where I live, training is 45 days and the starting pay is $26K.

by Anonymousreply 44October 9, 2022 3:25 AM

"If they keep refusing to support cops, no one is going to want to be one. I wouldn't."

People won't support cops if they keep shooting unarmed people.

And I bet you supported the Jan. 6th rioters who beat the shit out of cops

by Anonymousreply 45October 9, 2022 3:27 AM

Cops are very necessary and I think most people do want to support them. Doing shit like this though is disturbing and just makes the public question and mistrust them. There's so many failures in their requirements and hiring process and especially psychological testing. People need to be able to trust and have faith in them. My Brother was a Cop, and he told me years ago, there were too many failures within. Just awful, that he shot that kid, when he didn't have too. Disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 46October 9, 2022 3:31 AM

Fuck off R45, nobody is saying they supported the Jan 6th rioters. People have a right not to get fucking shot, beat up, or set up in some way, when they walk out of their house.🖕

by Anonymousreply 47October 9, 2022 3:34 AM

So the cop was fired. I now hope he goes to jail for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 48October 9, 2022 3:50 AM

I was raised by a cop.

People become cops for all the wrong reasons and it’s usually driven by insecurity.

The cops working the streets are usually idiots. The dumbest stay on patrol, the smart ones pass exams and move on to higher positions.

There’s tons of exams cops have to take to get promoted and a lot of them fail. Being a patrol officer is the bottom of the barrel.

Good / smart cops move onto state police or become detectives, homicide, Narcs, etc. The shitty cops keep working the streets.

And what you think bottom of the barrel jobs are, are actually not. The cop you see directing traffic at a construction site could be a homicide detective working overtime.

The good / intelligent cops are the ones who go after white collar crime and the dumb ones go after blue collar / poverty crime.

by Anonymousreply 49October 9, 2022 4:28 AM

James Brennand, 25, was charged in the Oct. 2 shooting of Erik Cantu, 17, according to a police statement. He turned himself in to police Tuesday night and remained in custody, said Police Chief William McManus.

Cantu is unconscious and on life support, his family said Tuesday.

“There is no improvement in his condition,” the family said in a statement delivered by their lawyer, Brian Powers. “The last two days have been difficult, and we expect more difficulty ahead, but we remain hopeful.”

Powers said it’s “an incredibly difficult time for them.”

A rookie officer, Brennand reported that the vehicle in which Cantu was sitting had evaded him the night before during an attempted traffic stop. Brennand said he suspected the vehicle was stolen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50October 12, 2022 1:47 AM

I have never read of a cop shooting an unarmed citizen suspected of rape or murder.

by Anonymousreply 51October 12, 2022 1:48 AM

[quote] Rookie Texas cop, 25, fired for shooting cheeseburger-eating teen

OH, FUCK YOU, OFFICER! You broked my cheeseburger!

by Anonymousreply 52October 12, 2022 1:57 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53October 12, 2022 2:00 AM

Train them not to kill people and not to shoot first and ask questions later.

by Anonymousreply 54October 12, 2022 2:16 AM

The cop has been charged with 2 counts of aggravated assault. It’s been 9 days since the teen was shot and he is still listed as critical but stable. He is unconscious, most likely in a medically-induced coma, and has a life-support machine breathing for him.

Still unknown is if, or if not, the car was the one which the cop called about days prior. That attempted traffic stop was because the plate didn’t match the make/model. Personally I doubt very much this was even the same vehicle as what are the chances the cop runs into it again in San Antonio?

This wasn’t a traffic stop. The cop didn’t even wait for dispatch to respond before he yanked open the door. Of course the kid thought he was being carjacked and robbed. Cop fired 5 shots as the car reversed, then 5 more shots as Erik pulled forward. The female passenger and bystanders were lucky they were not hit.

by Anonymousreply 55October 12, 2022 2:29 AM

The ex-cop is hot, I strongly feel that he is certainly not guilty. The kid was looking for trouble himself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56October 13, 2022 4:12 AM

I agree R56.

by Anonymousreply 57October 13, 2022 4:18 AM

[quote] The kid was looking for trouble himself.

He was committing the ultimate crime in the eyes of DataLoungers: eating fast food! Serves him right. Doesn't he know that you can make delicious cheeseburgers at home?

by Anonymousreply 58October 13, 2022 4:20 AM

He evaded the cop - twice.

by Anonymousreply 59October 13, 2022 4:21 AM

There is zero proof this kid evaded anyone, that this car is the one the cop thinks he tried to pull over the day before etc. There is at least one person posting straight lies in this thread to imply that this kid somehow had it coming. You know we can see the video, right?

by Anonymousreply 60October 13, 2022 4:59 AM

R59 Dude, the cop is fired and charged. The cop was in the wrong.

by Anonymousreply 61October 13, 2022 4:59 AM

R60 These people are so sick at this point. They’ve been defending cops so long they can’t tell right from wrong anymore.

by Anonymousreply 62October 13, 2022 5:00 AM

Killology training is the reason these extrajudicial shootings keep happening and will keep happening.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63October 13, 2022 6:04 AM

R61, it's the verdict of the DL court of skewed justice. Learn to live with it.

And the kid is ugly, therefore, he's a menace to society.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64October 13, 2022 6:18 AM

The cops are the ones saying he’s in stable condition when he’s actually on life support. Have not heard anything more on whether it was the same car, not that it matters. The penalty for switching license plates is not death. Charging the victim with aggravated assault just because the car door the dumb cop yanked open without warning hit the cop as the kid backed up in a panic is insulting. I can’t believe no one else was hit when the cop fired wildly at the fleeing car.

by Anonymousreply 65October 13, 2022 6:32 AM

Poor kid. There are good cops and bad cops. You just never know what you're gonna get.

by Anonymousreply 66October 13, 2022 6:38 AM

It doesn't matter if he was a teen or an adult teen or he was driving a stolen car or eating a Happy Meal... When he backed-up and knocked the cop down with his door, he was now using a weapon: his vehicle. And only he knows what he was planning to do with it next. Cop was defending himself. He's no longer employed because they didn't want riots.

by Anonymousreply 67October 13, 2022 6:53 AM

R67 Nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 68October 13, 2022 7:06 AM

Y’know, if the cop hadn’t barged in and opened the door, it wouldn’t have hit him when the kid backed out, thinking he was being carjacked.

by Anonymousreply 69October 13, 2022 7:25 AM

Thank God that kid wasn't black.

by Anonymousreply 70October 13, 2022 7:47 AM

In and Out, Wendy's or Shake Shack would have been acceptable. The kid got what he McDeserved.

by Anonymousreply 71October 13, 2022 11:54 PM

Why couldn't this happen to tRump when he's eating in the McDonald's parking lot?

by Anonymousreply 72October 14, 2022 12:51 AM

Dumb kid. Dumber cop.

by Anonymousreply 73October 14, 2022 4:23 AM

1) Did the cop follow through on the incident he was supposed to be at the scene for?

2) Did he bother to run the plates THIS day, or did he just forge ahead?

by Anonymousreply 74October 14, 2022 4:40 AM

^ I can hear him reading the plate to dispatch, but did he wait for an answer? The sound cut out.

by Anonymousreply 75October 14, 2022 4:44 AM

The kid looked right at him and couldn’t tell he was a cop? Lights flashing behind him?

by Anonymousreply 76October 14, 2022 5:11 AM

Well the kid's either going to die or be disabled for life, r76, so he's going to be punished for being "dumb" just like you want.

by Anonymousreply 77October 14, 2022 5:13 AM

Cop wasn’t knocked down by door either.

by Anonymousreply 78October 14, 2022 5:49 AM

Having to deal with an ugly Latino teen boy would scare the shit out of me, maybe dealing with ugly kids, in general, would too.

by Anonymousreply 79October 14, 2022 8:52 AM

The kid was preoccupied by his meal, probably didn't even notice a cop car in the parking lot until the door of his car was yanked open.

The kid was with a group of friends..Was the car radio on?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80October 14, 2022 9:07 AM

The kid did nothing wrong. The cop attempted to murder him. These facts aren't in dispute for normal people who don't have their faces permanently lodged in cops' buttholes.

You don't really need to deep throat the boot, coplovers.

by Anonymousreply 81October 14, 2022 11:08 AM

The cop approached him from behind. Anyone can buy a fake badge, uniform and flashing police light on Amazon. That kid was caught off guard and had no reason to suspect he was subject to a cop coming up from behind him with his gun drawn.

It's amazing what some people will try to defend and justify.

by Anonymousreply 82October 14, 2022 11:10 AM

It was dark, there was a street light behind the cop. Probably his face, the front of him, was in shadow so the kid only saw a shape with a gun screaming at him.

by Anonymousreply 83October 14, 2022 1:00 PM

If there was stolen, we probably will never know, and I side with the cop that it was.

by Anonymousreply 84October 14, 2022 1:03 PM

*this car

by Anonymousreply 85October 14, 2022 1:03 PM

If the car was stolen, the police would’ve announced it immediately.

by Anonymousreply 86October 14, 2022 1:13 PM

No, they won’t. They don’t want any grief or protests, that’s why he was fired instantly. We don’t live in normal times anymore. It’s a criminal’s paradise.

by Anonymousreply 87October 14, 2022 1:15 PM

maybe things are different where you are from r87 but it is not illegal to eat a meal in your car.

by Anonymousreply 88October 14, 2022 1:26 PM

It was normal times for cops to shoot teenagers in their car while eating a burger and get away with it? And now it's not normal times because if a cop does that, they get fired? What in the fuck is even happening on this thread

by Anonymousreply 89October 14, 2022 1:32 PM

From Daily mail: "The former police officer has one child with his wife, Danielle Arnold, Arnold is also a dog handler with the US Army"

This sentence isn't grammatically correct, right?

by Anonymousreply 90October 14, 2022 1:40 PM

I didn’t realize it was illegal to eat in a McDoonald’s parking lot. Is that true of all fast food joints?

by Anonymousreply 91October 14, 2022 1:40 PM

R79 What a moron you are.

by Anonymousreply 92October 14, 2022 1:41 PM

Cop has lower Sanpaku eyes. Cursed with bad luck.

by Anonymousreply 93October 14, 2022 1:49 PM

There is a procedure for picking up a suspected car thief. It doesn't include yanking the car door open and firing on the occupants of the car.

George Floyd was accused of passing a bad twenty dollar bill.

The procedure to detain a suspect accused of passing counterfeit bills doesn't include hopping up and down on the suspects neck until he dies in the street in front of a traumatized community.

by Anonymousreply 94October 14, 2022 1:50 PM

You got to love DailyMail for publishing photos

by Anonymousreply 95October 14, 2022 1:53 PM

OF COURSE the trigger happy cop is ex-military, OF FUCKING COURSE. Fucking psychos.

by Anonymousreply 96October 14, 2022 1:59 PM

Fired? And charged for attempted murder I hope.

by Anonymousreply 97October 14, 2022 2:00 PM

Both r97 and the kid is still hospitalized.

Guess who is paying for the kids hospital stay.

by Anonymousreply 98October 14, 2022 2:04 PM

The teenage kid "evaded" him earlier - lol. How terrible of a cop is he that he could know for certain that this was the same car, but let a 16 year old kid "evade" him.

The kid is driving what, a Kia or something.

What a ridiculous excuse.

by Anonymousreply 99October 14, 2022 2:09 PM

Is anyone here in law enforcement? I truly want to know what in the hell is wrong with these cops? Are they roided out? Mentally ill? We see this over and over and over. They shoot first, barge in acting crazy, lose control, park the car on the train tracks and get a suspect mangled half to death ,etc.

What on earth is going on with these guys?

by Anonymousreply 100October 14, 2022 2:10 PM

R87, he was only fired immediately because he was new to the job and still on probation. Otherwise he’d be on paid leave and eventually reinstated.

by Anonymousreply 101October 14, 2022 2:25 PM

R100, why do you think anyone in law enforcement would answer your questions honestly? Cops are notoriously corrupt and always cover for each other.

by Anonymousreply 102October 14, 2022 2:47 PM

Wow^.

by Anonymousreply 103October 14, 2022 2:54 PM

R92 is ugly and she doesn't like people calling her out.

The cop is not guilty. If the kid thought criminals would approach him and spook him out so easily in the parking lot, why would he choose to eat there? If he had to be scared of people walking up to his car. This doesn't make any sense.

by Anonymousreply 104October 14, 2022 3:30 PM

The cop has been terminated and is facing criminal charges.

by Anonymousreply 105October 14, 2022 3:47 PM

What happens with MAGA is normal behavior is pathologized and aberrant behavior is normalized.

Sitting in the car, stuffing your face with food is normal in American culture, American fat asses invented drive thrus it certainly isn't illegal or even suspicious.

A trained law enforcement officer yanking a car door open and firing a gun on the occupants is fucking cruel and unprofessional.

by Anonymousreply 106October 14, 2022 3:53 PM

R104 You truly are a moron. Let me guess, a republican

by Anonymousreply 107October 14, 2022 4:30 PM

The former cop has been indicted.

What say you, DL, is he good looking enough to be absolved of his crimes?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108December 2, 2022 1:24 AM

R67 Well now the cop is indicted in jail.

The scary part is there’s cops who think like you. Clearly.

by Anonymousreply 109December 2, 2022 1:32 AM

Erik Cantu, the 17-year-old boy who was shot by a San Antonio police officer in the parking lot of a McDonald's, is back home after spending nearly two painstaking months in the hospital, his family announced.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110December 2, 2022 1:48 AM

Your tax dollars paid for the 2 month hospital stay, the physical therapy the kid needs and will pay for the settlement this family is due to receive. it is also paying for the cops stay in prison.

Its fair to say taxpayers aren't receiving a good return on our investment. Criminals run wild and innocent civilians are being gunned down by cops and criminals alike.

by Anonymousreply 111December 2, 2022 1:52 AM

Since when are taxes an investment?

by Anonymousreply 112December 2, 2022 2:13 AM

Taxes are an investment for our society and we deserve a better return.

by Anonymousreply 113December 2, 2022 2:14 AM

No, we are paying for services…schools, roads, lights to stay on, etc.

by Anonymousreply 114December 2, 2022 2:18 AM

This kid's grandkids will have their college paid for.

by Anonymousreply 115December 2, 2022 3:10 AM

[quote] As per the Daily Mail has better write of of story than most American news media outlets.

How could anyone contradict such an eloquent statement?

by Anonymousreply 116December 2, 2022 3:17 AM

I’m glad the kid made it this far although being well enough to leave the hospital doesn’t mean he doesn’t have long term health repercussions. The look of panic on his face when the cop yanked his door open. This just has to stop.

by Anonymousreply 117December 2, 2022 4:26 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!