Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Theranos-Elizabeth Holmes sentencing delayed to Oct 17

Sentencing was scheduled for today, 9/22, and was delayed again. She will get away with this fraud because: white female, new baby, powerful friends.

by Anonymousreply 29December 2, 2022 6:19 AM

Her father worked for Enron and her mother was a lobbyist. Never trust someone with that family pedigree. Anyways, by the time the sentencing happens half of her dumb Old Geezer marks will have kicked the bucket.

by Anonymousreply 1September 22, 2022 5:43 PM

Link to mini-series

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2September 22, 2022 5:45 PM

Jennifer Lawrence movie is on hold until sentencing is announced. Similar to In Cold Blood. Truman Capote had to wait until the Clutter family killers were hung to finish his book.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3September 22, 2022 5:48 PM

Naveen Andrews was actually attractive. Why did they have to flatter that asshole by casting Andrews? Seyfried is much prettier than Holmes too of course.

by Anonymousreply 4September 22, 2022 5:49 PM

Jesus, she bred? When she was facing prison time? I really hate this bitch. I hope they lock her up.

by Anonymousreply 5September 22, 2022 5:50 PM

R5 That's how manipulative she is. The only reason for the baby was to gain sympathy from the jury at her trial. Elizabeth was allowed breaks in the trial to feed her child. Yikes.

by Anonymousreply 6September 23, 2022 2:46 AM

Did Elizabeth comment on Amanda’s Emmy win?

by Anonymousreply 7September 23, 2022 3:16 AM

Amanda won? Good.

by Anonymousreply 8September 23, 2022 3:39 AM

Yes, and she looked great!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9September 23, 2022 3:51 AM

Her eye makeup looks awful. She looks like a raccoon.

by Anonymousreply 10September 23, 2022 3:54 AM

Update. Elizabeth Holmes has requested lenient sentencing next week. Her defense counsel has suggested an 18-month home confinement. Some thoughts in reaction this article, DL:

1.) Elizabeth wants to be seen as a “human being,” yet she didn’t see patients, i.e., her victims that way. She knowingly sent them faulty lab results. Many of these victims had serious or life-threatening conditions, or her faulty results made them think they did.

2.) It bears noting that even as a now-convicted felon on four counts, this requested home confinement would be served in a mansion in Atherton -- one of the leafiest, wealthiest enclaves not just in Silicon Valley, but all of America. Even Lori Loughlin and Felicity Huffman did their tiny sentences at Club Fed in Dublin, and I don’t recall either of them defrauding investors or endangering other people’s health to get their shitty kids into college.

3.) Theranos was an “ambitious, inventive, and indisputably valuable enterprise.” What a braggadocios bag of bullshit. It’s “value” is “disputable” and I dispute it. When the hell is ANY of the patented-but-defective IP left over from that train wreck EVER going to materialize into something useful for business or health care? What other venture would touch it and risk the stench of her fraud on their brand, or fear her trying to sue them down the road for financial gain?

4.) I take all women seriously when they make claims of assault or rape. But I also take pause when the woman in question is a known pathological liar, probable sociopath, and has incentive to do anything to gain leniency for her crimes. On that last point, also insert her two pregnancies into that category.

5.) To hell with this crazy bitch, give her the full 20 years and send her to Guantanamo. She can be the prison girlfriend of Khalid Sheikh Mohammed. 😡🙄

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11November 12, 2022 3:45 AM

Her fucking kid will be in high school by the time they get around to sentencing this sociopathic cunt.

by Anonymousreply 12November 12, 2022 3:50 AM

What's the likelihood of her getting more than 5 years? More than 10 years? 15 years in prison?

by Anonymousreply 13November 12, 2022 4:05 AM

I ardently hope she gets a minimum of 10 before chance of parole.

by Anonymousreply 14November 12, 2022 4:35 AM

Ok let's place bets. I'm guessing between 8 and 12 months, with only 8 months served.

by Anonymousreply 15November 12, 2022 4:58 AM

Well, she's a white woman and it was white-collar crime, so that all works in her favor.

by Anonymousreply 16November 12, 2022 5:01 AM

𝐂𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐮𝐞

Elizabeth Holmes has included a letter of support from New Jersey Senator Cory Booker in a bid to avoid being sent to prison when she is sentenced by a judge next week.

Booker was among more than 130 people who submitted letters to Judge Edward Davila extolling Theranos founder Holmes' character.

Booker, a Democrat, described her as a friend who 'holds onto the hope that she can make contributions to the lives of others, and that she can, despite mistakes, make the world a better place.'

In Senator Booker's letter to the judge he explains the circumstances under which the pair met - and how they bonded over both being vegan and sharing a bag of almonds together.

'I knew Ms. Holmes for about six years before charges were brought against her. We first met at a public policy conference hosted by the late Senator John McCain, bonding at a dinner when we discovered we were both vegan - there was nothing to eat, and we shared a small bag of almonds,' Booker states.

'In the years since, l've always been struck by the way our conversations focused on her desires to make a positive impact on the world.

'To me, Ms. Holmes was always most interested in talking about world events and national and global challenges.

'She often passionately spoke of her interest in philanthropic causes, in meeting global challenges like climate change and world hunger, and about the grave crisis of limited access to affordable, quality health care for populations across the world and here in the United States.

'Her focus was always thoughtful, demonstrating a depth of knowledge about such issues, a curiosity to know more, and a determination to make a difference herself.

'I believe, from those conversations, she was not only sincere about her interests but a person who would indeed dedicate herself to making positive contributions in the world beyond her company,' Booker wrote in a glowing letter of support.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17November 12, 2022 5:07 AM

That's repulsive of Booker.

And he needs to come out already.

by Anonymousreply 18November 12, 2022 5:08 AM

Cory Booker is a deeply annoying fag and I am surprised to discover that I am capable of hating him even more than I did previously after reading R17.

by Anonymousreply 19November 12, 2022 5:09 AM

Please tel me they are going to throw the book at her.

by Anonymousreply 20November 12, 2022 5:24 AM

OMG she is now claiming she was raped at some frat party after she got drunk and passed out.

Babies, rape, coercion by her abusive partner. Oh I forgot her dog was just killed by a cougar. That's got to be worth some months off her sentence.

The judge will go by the sentencing guidelines. On ONE - just one of her convicted counts - the sentencing guideline is 9 to 11 years. That's just one count.

Naturally she is challenging the guidelines as calculated by the probation office and her lawyers want the judge to completely ignore them anyway. LMAO. Not happening.

Will the judge make them concurrent or consecutive sentences? I don't know. Federal defendants serve 85% of their sentences.

by Anonymousreply 21November 12, 2022 5:27 AM

Who are we kidding you know she fed that dog to the cougar.

by Anonymousreply 22November 12, 2022 5:29 AM

Lol r22, nothing would surprise me. She’s on an entirely different level.

by Anonymousreply 23November 12, 2022 5:33 AM

That was my instant thought, R22. She created a human being in order to make herself look more sympathetic, so sending a dog out to be eaten by a coyote isn't something she would have a problem with.

Imagine what kind of mother she's going to be. That baby is SCREWED.

by Anonymousreply 24November 12, 2022 6:36 AM

It seems like she's methodically going through a checklist of anything that will make her sympathetic.

I do dread the inevitable social media whitewashing of her though. How long until Netflix farts out some 10 hour doc showing that Holmes was really the victim of American misogyny and fear of super strong and smart women?

by Anonymousreply 25November 12, 2022 2:54 PM

That's not going to happen with her, R25, at least not on Netflix. They already did a miniseries showing her for what she is.

by Anonymousreply 26November 12, 2022 2:57 PM

I forgot to add her new look of being some flowy hippy innocent virgin who couldn't hurt a fly.

What's that worth? A month or two?

by Anonymousreply 27November 12, 2022 5:06 PM

She's a sociopath--it's not surprising that she's doing everything she can to weasel out of justice and feels no remorse about the people she hurt.

If her kid is lucky, Holmes will go to prison and stay there until the child has mostly grown up free of potential toxic influences.

by Anonymousreply 28November 12, 2022 6:49 PM

I can't wait to learn how this plays out -- will she ever set foot in a confined setting? That must be why the Jennifer Lawrence movie version is still on hold.

by Anonymousreply 29December 2, 2022 6:19 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!