Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kardashians vs. Rachel Dolezal

I'm risking life and limb by asking this on the DL with sincere and serious intention: Are Kim and the other Kardashians meaningfully different than Rachel Dolezal?

I do understand that Dolezal went to Howard University on a scholarship for black students and that is fraud. So yes to that, granted. But she was dedicated to advancing people of color in the US, a real advocate, and she went on to head an NAACP chapter.

The Kardashians are not black. In the US, based on their ethnic backgrounds, they're not 'people of color.' Their mother is of Scottish ancestry and their father is Armemian—literally Caucasian in the Caucuses mountains. Arguably Middle Eastern, but adjacent to Turkey, Georgia, Iran and Azerbaijan—generally, people from those areas are regarded as white in US constructs.

The Kardashians are white women. And not only white women, but super-wealthy white women. They didn't need to go to college on a scholarship, and so it's not really fair to say Dolezal did that and that makes her different than a Kardashian. The Kardashian women seem to fetishize black people. They date and marry black men. They wear typically black styles.

Kim Kardashian has gotten a lot of positive attention for fighting on behalf of wrongfully imprisoned black people, and pursuing law to fight for justice for black people.

...and that is what Rachel Dolezal did. She headed an NAACP chapter and tried to advance equality for black Americans. Yes, she impersonates black people but look at Kim Kardashian—so does she. She's made herself over into a person of color through hairstyles and spray tans and makeup, and she has children of color to complete the picture.

The Kardashians are insanely rich and celebrated for doing what Rachel Dolezal's entire life was destroyed for doing.

Or am I wrong? What is the difference?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47December 16, 2022 3:34 PM

[quote]What is the difference?

At no point did any of the Kardashians publicly claim they were black, which is what Doležal did despite being white.

by Anonymousreply 1September 13, 2022 11:19 AM

The Kardashians live in a bubble. And they all cosign their bullshit existences.

by Anonymousreply 2September 13, 2022 11:49 AM

[quote] "Hashtag fact, my baby is black, I love Black c**k, hashtag I only like Black c**k. That's what I would say" before she allegedly uses the N-word saying, "I'm gonna get called as a n**** lover all day long, who the f*** cares".

Classy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3September 13, 2022 11:55 AM

[quote] Over the years, her and her family have not only been accused of cultural appropriation (think cornrows, Yaki ponytails, acrylic nails) but Kim herself has been called out for wearing blackface. In 2017, the allegations were heavy as her skin was noticeably darker in photos for her KKW Beauty marketing campaign. The backlash was so bad that she eventually switched out the images. She was also accused of copying Black fashion for a Vogue cover story that ran earlier this year. Her personal life, which consists of high profile relationships with several Black men, is also another way Kardashian monetized proximity to Black culture; She also used Black women as surrogates for two of her children.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4September 13, 2022 11:57 AM

I don't know if they fetishize black men so much as see them as easy marks.

by Anonymousreply 5September 13, 2022 11:58 AM

R5 Khloe at least said "I like big black cock." That's fetishization. It's even regarded by many as a historically racist way of objectifying black men as animalistic.

For context, it's the excuse Milo Yiannopoulos always gave to claim he isn't racist. "I can't be racist. I like big black cock." It was obviously intended as an ironically offensive deflection, and incredibly, Out Magazine printed this unironically, as if no, he can't be racist because 'he likes big black cocks.'

by Anonymousreply 6September 13, 2022 12:02 PM

The Kardashians would NEVER want to BE Black. They just want Black cock and the Black aesthetic.

Dolezal suffers from psychosis and thinks that she IS Black.

by Anonymousreply 7September 13, 2022 12:05 PM

She’s not a fraud compared to them As Rachel did a lot for the lack community she truly wanted to be part of. She didn’t just fuck blacks and buy huge asses to look african, she worked hard to help the community in need and the black people in that area said she was the best NAACP President they had. The Kuntrashian Klan is a bunch of fame hoeing no talents who morph into whatever they can to get the most exposure. Now Kortney is a “rock chick” so Kim got jealous of her getting the attention so she skinnies herself to “white people body” and fake dates the hot white comic of the moment for 9 months. They all need to be sent to the Taliban and kept there.

by Anonymousreply 8September 13, 2022 12:05 PM

R6 I can agree but I also think they see wealthy Black men like the ones they hook up with as easy monetary marks. I read that Pimp Mama Kris taught them that.

by Anonymousreply 9September 13, 2022 12:07 PM

KK referred to herself as a "person of color" in an interview. It was around the time she visited Armenia before her last marriage.

by Anonymousreply 10September 13, 2022 12:11 PM

Black person here. I hate them both, but they're not the same. Rachel Dolezal is a fraud. She misrepresented herself as a Black person and pressured others to help her continue her deception. She's a white person who thinks she understands "The Black Experience" when she's enjoyed white privilege all her life. That she had Black adopted siblings to whom she was close does not make her Black. A Black person is treated differently from birth. If she really were interested in helping Black people she could have done so without changing her appearance and lying about her race. NAACP offices in areas with tiny Black populations have had white presidents. Black people welcome white allies.

The Kardashians are trash, but they've never pretended to be Black. They enjoy the advantages of the white woman who has or adopts Black-ish features like a big butt or braids her hair. On her, it's sexy and exotic. On actual Black women, not so much. They appear, Kim especially, to have a Black Man fetish, which is not flattering. Black people, surprise, surprise, like to be viewed as multifaceted humans, not walking jungle fever stereotypes. Some years ago, she said that it had never occurred to her that her daughter (I forget the dumb name they gave her and refuse to look it up) would have different problems because she's half-Black and looks like a Black person. So Kim is ignorant as well. I feel sorry for their kids. Lucky for them they probably won't have to work.

by Anonymousreply 11September 13, 2022 2:37 PM

R7

Exactly right. It's fun for them to play dress-up. Recently there was a well-meaning but clueless white woman on Twitter who lamented that people still are judged by color. It's illogical! Look at the white people with tans! I said, Lady, if white people thought that a deep tan would make people confuse them with a Black person they would run screaming from the beach and the tanning bed.

It's all about doing what I want while maintaining my white privilege.

by Anonymousreply 12September 13, 2022 2:43 PM

These women all have science fiction faces and ghetto kids. No fathers in sight.

by Anonymousreply 13September 23, 2022 1:54 AM

White women tanning and wearing black hair is a known cultural appropriation issue when people got in a huff over cultural appropriation. The elites have forced everyone to bend the knee to their constant buffoonery at this point.

by Anonymousreply 14September 23, 2022 1:58 AM

What's the difference between this and black women wearing wigs & weaves dyed red or blonde and styled into hairstyles originally worn by white women, OP? What's even worse is the hair used in wigs & weaves worn by African American women is frequently acquired from the shorn heads of impoverished third world women who actually are being oppressed..

by Anonymousreply 15September 23, 2022 2:06 AM

It's high time Rachel had her own reality series.

by Anonymousreply 16September 23, 2022 2:17 AM

The Kardashians have enough black DNA in them to pass. Even if it is by injection or gargling.

by Anonymousreply 17September 23, 2022 2:18 AM

Is that Kim in the photo? Sorry, I didn't recognize her without a cock in her mouth.

by Anonymousreply 18September 23, 2022 2:20 AM

[quote]I do understand that Dolezal went to Howard University on a scholarship for black students and that is fraud.

Ok, passing herself off as a Black woman was wrong and to many unforgivable. But she didn't have a scholarship to Howard. She was considered white by the students and faculty and had blond hair at the time and wasn't trying to pose as a Black woman. She actually sued Howard for denying her a scholarship and teaching opportunity based on her race (white) that she wasn't trying to hide at the time. She caused controversy in her thesis project because professors (rightfully) questioned what business a white woman had doing an art show on the experiences of Black men in America.

Not defending her, just want to clear that up.

by Anonymousreply 19September 23, 2022 2:20 AM

Trash =Trash.

by Anonymousreply 20September 23, 2022 2:25 AM

Almost anybody is better than the Kardashians. They have no value to the US.

by Anonymousreply 21September 23, 2022 2:41 AM

r21 But...but..Kim passed the baby bar!

by Anonymousreply 22September 23, 2022 2:53 AM

You're missing a few facts but go on

by Anonymousreply 23September 23, 2022 3:01 AM

I remember years ago, there was gossip that Kim Kardashian called her black friends "the Auntie Jemima crew" behind their backs. I think it was around the time she was with Reggie Bush.

by Anonymousreply 24September 23, 2022 3:34 AM

The Kartrashians ain't white. And they ain't black either. Nobody wants to claim that carnival sideshow. It don't matter how many billions they. They're gross.

by Anonymousreply 25September 23, 2022 3:40 AM

OP, great thread. It reminds me of Coco Chanel's comment that "all fashion starts from the street". Rich white girls and boys mimic black culture...no idea why.

by Anonymousreply 26September 23, 2022 4:40 AM

R22

On like the fourth try, which was also her last chance.

by Anonymousreply 27September 23, 2022 9:54 PM

r27 I bet good money someone took it for her.

by Anonymousreply 28September 24, 2022 12:02 AM

All i know is kardashians choose the ugliest, scuzziest looking men.

by Anonymousreply 29December 13, 2022 11:30 PM

Wearing acrylic nails is cultural appropriation, now?

Personally I think the whole idea of getting offended by cultural appropriation is stupid. Unless you're trying to be pass as a member of another race, for reasons of personal gain, why can't you wear cornrows? Who made that law? Don't people of other races wear European or white clothing, hair styles, or listen to "white" music? It just seems like another thing minoritites can hold over white people, and the ever-accommodating whites of a certain type or class fall in line and do whatever they're told to do, or not do.

by Anonymousreply 30December 13, 2022 11:58 PM

I imagine the reason that cultural appropriation is so touchy is partly due to the fact that a lot of black women were denied the privilege of wearing their natural hair or in what would be considered ethnic hairstyles so then to see white women co-op those styles and be allowed to exist in the spaces where they themselves would be denied if they were wearing the exact same kind of hairstyle.

by Anonymousreply 31December 14, 2022 12:02 AM

R31 Can you give me an example where this actually happened?

by Anonymousreply 32December 14, 2022 12:41 AM

[quote] I don't know if they fetishize black men so much as see them as easy marks.

Some time ago I recall seeing a story about the mother training the daughters to seek out black men because they are easier to manipulate , control, and dispose of when no longer useful. History since then would indicate that item was correct.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33December 14, 2022 1:07 AM

[quote]The Kardashians are not black. In the US, based on their ethnic backgrounds, they're not 'people of color.' Their mother is of Scottish ancestry and their father is Armemian—literally Caucasian in the Caucuses mountains. Arguably Middle Eastern, but adjacent to Turkey, Georgia, Iran and Azerbaijan—generally, people from those areas are regarded as white in US constructs.

Armenia is considered culturally and politically part of Europe, OP.

by Anonymousreply 34December 14, 2022 1:13 AM

R32 no. You should be capable of using Google yourself but clearly you'd rather just be an a******.

by Anonymousreply 35December 14, 2022 1:47 AM

Hi R32 - look

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36December 15, 2022 1:24 AM

R35, R36 You missed my point. I was asking if you could give any example of this claim you made:

[quote]so then to see white women co-op those styles and be allowed to exist in the spaces where they themselves would be denied if they were wearing the exact same kind of hairstyle.

I don't recall white women wearing these exact hairstyles being allowed to exist in spaces where black women would not be allowed at the exact same time.

By the way since that article mentioned Angela Davis, I actually met Angela Davis and I admire her, and I remember the original trend of black men and women wearing natural hairstyles. (At the time, white people with naturally curly or frizzy eventually also wore fros, because they thought it was a cool or attractive style. At the time black people weren't tryng to make them stop wearing that style. I think people were more sensible then.

by Anonymousreply 37December 15, 2022 1:35 AM

...So-called cultural appropriation is usually not intentional or done with any malicious intention, it's usually from admiration.)

by Anonymousreply 38December 15, 2022 1:36 AM

Kartrashians are gypsies.

by Anonymousreply 39December 15, 2022 1:37 AM

[quote] How Natural Black Hair at Work Became a Civil Rights Issue

Sometimes that backfires

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40December 15, 2022 1:38 AM

Sad. Should have put it up. More professional anyway.

by Anonymousreply 41December 15, 2022 2:43 AM

You're thinking of Shaun King with his scholarship to Morehouse College, OP.

Dolezal taught at Howard University (as a white woman), and sued them for discrimination against her for being white.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42December 15, 2022 2:54 AM

[quote] The Kardashians would NEVER want to BE Black. They just want Black cock and the Black aesthetic. Dolezal suffers from psychosis and thinks that she IS Black.

This pretty much sums it up. Dolezale thinks she’s black and lives as such. She’s crazy. The Kardashians don’t want to be black. I don’t even think they want black kids (see how Khloe lightens her kid with filters). I think they just go for black guys, at least Kim. Not sure why the rest of them do.

by Anonymousreply 43December 15, 2022 8:44 PM

R42 Why does she have a beehive on her head?

by Anonymousreply 44December 15, 2022 11:38 PM

R44 That's a crown of blonde dreadlocks.

by Anonymousreply 45December 16, 2022 9:55 AM

Shaun King IS Black, btw.

by Anonymousreply 46December 16, 2022 9:58 AM

R45 No kidding! I thought it was a real beehive.

by Anonymousreply 47December 16, 2022 3:34 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!