Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The View — P.art 26, Season 26

It was nice to see the gals back at the table!

by Anonymousreply 275November 26, 2022 5:18 PM

That poor republican woman seems afraid to say anything. As soon as she starts to bring up the "other side" the others jump down her throat.

by Anonymousreply 1September 7, 2022 5:07 AM

I liked how Joy mentioned this iteration of the cast gets along great & they all like one another.

Did I miss a season where there was tension or an obnoxious cohost?

by Anonymousreply 2September 7, 2022 5:13 AM

r2, hahahahahahahaha, whose my daddy, whose my dady?

by Anonymousreply 3September 7, 2022 12:37 PM

They got rid of the Princess of Arizona for MAGA Barbie.

Great idea, said no one.

by Anonymousreply 4September 8, 2022 12:44 AM

Barbara Walters also said “I love this cast best” and then promptly fired Joy, Elisabeth and Sherri Shepherd…so take that with a grain of salt

by Anonymousreply 5September 8, 2022 12:54 AM

I loved that Sara said she missed everyone and Joy said "I missed you too." Whether or not it was intended, that was definitely a dig at Meghan whom she said she missed "not at all. zero." when she was on maternity leave.

by Anonymousreply 6September 8, 2022 1:29 AM

Kinda like NeverTrumper Barbie.

by Anonymousreply 7September 8, 2022 2:33 AM

One note Barbie wants reparations from Britain for blacks and browns.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8September 10, 2022 11:11 PM

Sunny is insufferable. She’s tiresome. I’ve stopped watching because of her

by Anonymousreply 9September 13, 2022 12:22 AM

Sunny has gone nuts. Maybe Nutmeg was a good influence on her. Within 30 seconds of opening her mouth now, she's playing the Race Card. She's boring and annoying. The other day she was bitching that the Queen needed to pay reparations and the US needed to pay reparations too. Thank you, Sunny the Millionaire, the mid-terms on 6 weeks away. How helpful. Ana chimed in noting the Catholic Church had also enslaved and murdered people - black and native Americans. They should pay reparations too. Sunny the Professional Catholic and Pro-Life hypocrite was non-plussed.

by Anonymousreply 10September 13, 2022 12:30 AM

ITA with all the posters that despise Sunny, her 15 minutes were over before she started her crap facial work. Does her husband even recognize who she is? All that botox, juvaderm has fried her brain. She seems racist to me.

by Anonymousreply 11September 13, 2022 12:40 AM

Sunny ruins the show for me. Not only are her opinions one note and usually asinine, but her demeanor is totally obnoxious. She talks over others, hogs camera tie, and makes visible faces when she disagrees with someone. There are so many other women who could offer nuanced views and actually be pleasant to the rest of the panel. I really don't understand why she's still there.

by Anonymousreply 12September 13, 2022 11:54 AM

You know why she's still there, as does everyone in the US.

by Anonymousreply 13September 13, 2022 12:37 PM

OP is a fat frau

by Anonymousreply 14September 13, 2022 12:47 PM

I hate The View. It's irritating or boring at all times.

by Anonymousreply 15September 13, 2022 12:59 PM

Is Babsy gonna make a guest appearance this year?

by Anonymousreply 16September 13, 2022 1:02 PM

r14, I started this thread by request.

Not a fat frau.

More like the picture of that obese naked guy at the keyboard.

by Anonymousreply 17September 13, 2022 1:32 PM

Today on The View Sunny managed to talk for almost 3 minutes before introducing the Race Card about poor Meghan Markle who was trying to kill herself because of all the racism and she didn't even have access to a psychiatrist... unlike her husband Harry who has been in therapy for years.

by Anonymousreply 18September 13, 2022 11:26 PM

Now Meghan is going on record and saying she's not close to Sherri Shepherd after "disparaging" Meghan by saying...that they're not close.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19September 14, 2022 2:25 AM

Mrs Domenech is desperate for relevance in a post daddy, post View world.

Pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 20September 15, 2022 3:01 PM

What race card did Sunny play today?

by Anonymousreply 21September 15, 2022 7:36 PM

She talked about the migrants being sent to Martha's Vineyard and how welcoming a place it is because it was one of the first places to allow blacks to own land. Other than that, she did her usual slobbering over the black female guest. Today it was Viola Davis who must have been sitting in a puddle of Sunny's drool from yesterday's interview with Stacey Abrams.

by Anonymousreply 22September 15, 2022 7:42 PM

The new MeAgain doesn’t have “it” and unless she loosens the fuck up she’ll be gone before Xmas

Whoopi, please find something else to do. Anything other than this show.

by Anonymousreply 23September 15, 2022 7:43 PM

R22 I'm so relieved. I would hate for Sunny to miss a day of race baiting.

by Anonymousreply 24September 15, 2022 8:02 PM

Meghan is pregnant again. I wonder what she’ll name it.

by Anonymousreply 25September 17, 2022 8:13 PM

[quote]Meghan is pregnant again. I wonder what she’ll name it.

Daddy.

by Anonymousreply 26September 17, 2022 8:26 PM

If it's a girl : Freedom

boy: Senator.

by Anonymousreply 27September 18, 2022 12:05 AM

Aside from race issues, Sunny's a fucking Conservative Prude. There's a reason she's the only one who still talks to McCain. Birds of a feather......

Sunny was the one who when they were discussing the 10 year old girl who got pregnant in Ohio, just had to point out that she is against ALL forms of abortion, even in cases of rape and incest. Because "her Catholic faith" makes her pro life. The fact that she had to stress this during this particular story was disgusting, and no one had the guts to jump all over her the way they would have if Maga Barbie or Princess of Arizona had said the same thing.

Joy did let her have it last week, when she was whining over Camilla's new title. She was offended that someone who committed adultery should be granted a royal title. Joy laughed and told her to grow up because adultery has been happening in the Royal Family since it began.

by Anonymousreply 28September 18, 2022 12:38 AM

Sunny is a total prude. And not in a “it’s just not for me” way but in a completely judgmental bitch way. It also annoys me that she goes on and on about her Catholic faith when talking about abortion but then never brings it up even once when talking about her supposed support of gay rights. So either she’s a hypocrite or she’s a liar. Likely both.

by Anonymousreply 29September 18, 2022 12:53 AM

And can we stop with her being "mortified" over discussing anything about sex? She's been "mortified" for five years now. The act has worn thin.

by Anonymousreply 30September 18, 2022 1:12 AM

The show needs to be canceled

-Barbara Wawa

by Anonymousreply 31September 18, 2022 2:45 AM

Last week Ana caught Sunny out when Sunny was ranting and raving about how the British royal family should pay reparations for slavery and Ana pointed out the Catholic Church should too and Sunny shut up.

by Anonymousreply 32September 18, 2022 3:08 AM

WTF happened with The View today? Did they show a rerun because of Betty being planted?

by Anonymousreply 33September 19, 2022 5:08 PM

"Because "her Catholic faith" makes her pro life. The fact that she had to stress this during this particular story was disgusting, and no one had the guts to jump all over her the way they would have if Maga Barbie or Princess of Arizona had said the same thing."

Imagine if Elizabeth said that and based it on her Christian faith ? Joy would've ripped her up one side and tore her down the other on national TV. But let a PoC say that and everything is fine.

by Anonymousreply 34September 19, 2022 11:01 PM

Last week they were talking about short men who undergo surgery to be taller because studies show they attract more women, make more money, etc. Sunny's response was "I don't understand why short men don't just wear lifts." Another way she's a hypocrite. If there were studies showing black women made less money or were discriminated against because of their hair and someone suggested "I don't understand why they don't just straighten their hair" she would have gone ballistic. But of course it doesn't affect Sunny, so the prejudice here is just fine and these men should just learn to conform.

by Anonymousreply 35September 19, 2022 11:40 PM

Sunny is being extra cunty this morning.

by Anonymousreply 36September 20, 2022 3:21 PM

Agreed. She went on a rant about not liking Nikki Haley because she uses a nickname and is supposedly “hiding” from her identity. Thankfully Sara pointed out that Sunny’s real name isn’t even Sunny. And Whoopi who uses a fake Jewish last name joked that she’s authentically Whoopi Goldberg. But, really, I wish they’d gone at her harder for being such an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 37September 20, 2022 3:42 PM

What's wrong with Sunny? I used to like her. Now it's like she's black woman bitterness personified. She should be delighted with her successful facelift.

by Anonymousreply 38September 20, 2022 5:04 PM

You missed the best part R37. Her excuse for going by Sunny is that most Americans can't pronounce her name due to their lack of education. And again, no one called her out on such a rude ass, elitist remark.

She's insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 39September 21, 2022 12:19 AM

I couldn't understand her questioning why Nikki Haley didn't go by her birth name (which is Native American), hinting that there's something to hide or be ashamed of. Meanwhile, she goes by the name "Sunny" instead of her Latina birth name ('Assunta') and she's sitting next to Joy Behar, who doesn't go by her Italian birth name ('Josefina'). She's a whack job.

by Anonymousreply 40September 21, 2022 12:30 AM

Nimrata is an Indian name. She was one Sikh bitch. Praise Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 41September 21, 2022 12:56 AM

Annnnnnnnnnnnnd Nikki Haley fights back and calls Hostin a RACIST !

She will have some apologizing to do tomorrow - wait and see !

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42September 21, 2022 1:02 AM

I personally find those who refuse to use their given ethnic name to be reprehensible ingrates. Their parents gave them the name, so they should be proud to use it. They are cowards who should not be trusted.

by Anonymousreply 43September 21, 2022 12:24 PM

Nazi Ben Domenech weighed on the Sunny/Nikki Haley controversy on twitter. He's not on Sunny's side. Will this effect Sunny's supposed ongoing friendship with the unpleasingly plump Mrs. Domenech?

by Anonymousreply 44September 21, 2022 12:35 PM

Have they ever discussed the Tiffany haddish scandal?

by Anonymousreply 45September 21, 2022 12:56 PM

The unpleasant Mrs Domenech, of paternal memory, is pregnant again?.

Looking forward to the birth of Freedom Domenech.

by Anonymousreply 46September 21, 2022 2:39 PM

No, but I can already tell you Sunny’s thoughts on the matter, which are that Tiffany Haddish is a black woman, so it’s fine.

by Anonymousreply 47September 21, 2022 2:39 PM

It's Sunny's self-love that bothers me. Her mugging is obnoxious, and her constant references to her judicial background are nauseating. Wonder if Manny loves her as much as she does.

by Anonymousreply 48September 21, 2022 2:51 PM

Will Sunny Hostile eat humble pie today?

by Anonymousreply 49September 21, 2022 2:52 PM

Sunny is a walking, talking mess and so I’m kinda excited to see this be her downfall

by Anonymousreply 50September 21, 2022 3:01 PM

Sunny would NEVER address the Tiffany Hadish scandal. And if she did, she would say that TH was the victim somehow.

by Anonymousreply 51September 21, 2022 4:01 PM

Funny, Ana rarely brings up that she is a lawyer.

by Anonymousreply 52September 21, 2022 4:07 PM

She's getting more blowback from the media.

Has she addressed the fact that Joy Behar is a chameleon for not using her Italian birth name 'Josefina' and goes by the nickname 'Joy' all her life ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53September 21, 2022 4:10 PM

I watched a little today and Sunny managed to get through almost 2 minutes before playing the race card. Joy was - logically - pointing out that Republicans welcome Cubans because they're fleeing communism and Venezuelans are also fleeing communism. So why aren't the Republicans supporting Venezuelans? Sunny then - of course - had to say Haitians were the most suffering people in the whole wide world but couldn't answer Joy when Joy reminded her the question is communism and the Republicans loathing of it, not race.

Seriously, Sunny appears to be losing it.

by Anonymousreply 54September 21, 2022 7:47 PM

Sonny is a mess!

by Anonymousreply 55September 21, 2022 10:19 PM

Sunny thinks a black Republican is an oxyMORON. She's become demented.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56September 21, 2022 10:40 PM

What is Sunny’s problem? She’s become unbalanced.

by Anonymousreply 57September 22, 2022 7:28 AM

Didn't watch today. I wonder how many minutes it took Sunny to play the race card.

by Anonymousreply 58September 22, 2022 7:34 PM

Sunny is unwell. Seriously

by Anonymousreply 59September 22, 2022 7:41 PM

So Whoopi made a joke today in a conversation with White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre about Lady Lindsay Graham, and apparently outed him. She said that if he wanted to get married, he'd better do it soon before marriage equality ends.

"Senator Graham said maybe about a month ago, in early August, that he believes, when it comes to marriage, when it comes to abortion, it's for the states to decide, so, Senator Graham, what changed?" Jean-Pierre asked, to which Goldberg responded: "Well, maybe he's getting married? Do it quick, because I know people are fooling around with our marriage rights, wherever you stand."

When The View returned from the break, Goldberg turned to the camera and spoke to the audience.

"I need to make clear that I was doing what I do as a comic. Sometimes I make jokes, and it was a joke, nothing more than that," the outspoken, Oscar-winning actress said. "I just got a whole conversation about people misunderstanding the joke. I mean, okay. I should probably never do this show again, if this is what it's coming to. It was a joke, guys."

Though Goldberg did not specify whom she had a "whole conversation" with about the joke's impact, a source close to the situation tells EW that the follow-up statement was a clarification she wanted to make on her own.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60September 22, 2022 8:11 PM

Will she get suspended yet again?

by Anonymousreply 61September 22, 2022 8:15 PM

If she gets suspended again, she may choose not to come back. As she said in her answer - she made a joke, and that is what she does since she's a comic. If it's gotten to the point where she can't make jokes on the show, then she herself questions whether she should be doing the show at all.

by Anonymousreply 62September 22, 2022 8:23 PM

Maybe she did this deliberately to get out of her contract?

by Anonymousreply 63September 22, 2022 8:28 PM

Why isn't this a separate thread on data Lounge already?

by Anonymousreply 64September 22, 2022 8:32 PM

"Why isn't this a separate thread on data Lounge already?"

Because it's part of Season 26.

by Anonymousreply 65September 22, 2022 8:55 PM

Bill Maher (among others) hint at Graham's assumed gayness all the time. And in much more graphic terms. Is Whoopi in Dutch because she's on a daytime show? When she started explaining, I couldn't even think what she had said that might be objectionable.

by Anonymousreply 66September 22, 2022 10:43 PM

I wish someone would just ask him at the end of an interview, “Mr. Graham, are you a homosexual?”

by Anonymousreply 67September 23, 2022 12:19 AM

I wish someone would just ask him at the end of an interview, “Mr. Graham, are you a homosexual?”

Sorry, you don't embarrass a Southern Belle with a surprise question like that. Next you will be asking her how old she is.

by Anonymousreply 68September 23, 2022 12:28 AM

Ana Navarro is a republican? HUH? She always seems on the democrat side.

by Anonymousreply 69September 23, 2022 8:03 AM

Sunny is a blatant racist who needs to be shown the door.

by Anonymousreply 70September 23, 2022 8:16 AM

Ana is a traditional moderate Republican. That real estate is now firmly center right Democratic.

by Anonymousreply 71September 23, 2022 10:36 AM

Yesterday they were discussing the border with the White House press secretary and they mentioned protections for people fleeing communism in Cuba and Venezuela. Sunny, of course, chimed in that she’d like to see those same protections for Haitians despite that not being remotely the topic at hand. But since Haitians are black Sunny obviously had to shoehorn them into the discussion.

by Anonymousreply 72September 23, 2022 2:03 PM

Joy didn't stand for Sunny's inclusion of Haitians, though. She even questioned her - asking if Haitians were fleeing communism, and Sunny had to suck in her overbite on that one. Joy then redirected the conversation back to Cuba and Venezuela.

by Anonymousreply 73September 23, 2022 3:37 PM

That was what happened last week, R73. Sunny again forced in a mention of the Haitians yesterday when everyone was discussing Venezuelans and Cubans.

Today the UN Ambassador was the guest and everyone was asking about Putin, refugees, her approach to diplomacy, etc. Sunny, naturally, pointed out that she grew up a poor black woman in the south and asked her about that. Sunny was also wearing a nearly identical outfit to her, which I hope to god was a coincidence.

by Anonymousreply 74September 23, 2022 3:49 PM

Nothing is coincidental with Sunny - everything is strategic.

by Anonymousreply 75September 23, 2022 3:52 PM

Sunny would make a great Trumpette.

by Anonymousreply 76September 24, 2022 12:35 AM

Sunny’s a beyyyyattttchhhh!

by Anonymousreply 77September 24, 2022 2:35 AM

Did Sunny insult Gwyneth? '

I was flipping by Gutfeld! and just caught the end of the conversation. Seemed like that's what they were talking about.

by Anonymousreply 78September 24, 2022 9:17 AM

There were no insults. Just Sunny once again talking about not conforming by straightening her hair, etc.

by Anonymousreply 79September 24, 2022 1:54 PM

This season Sunny is wearing the same wig Whitney Houston wore in 1987 for the video "I Wanna Dance With Somebody". I guess she bought it at the Whitney Houston estate sale this summer in New Jersey. I hope she didn't spend more than $5 on it. She looks more like 'The Cowardly Lion' in it than she does Whitney.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80September 24, 2022 3:14 PM

The show is way too self-important.

by Anonymousreply 81September 24, 2022 5:37 PM

It is an official part of ABC News division and is one of the few places you can catch a UN Ambassador on TV, a closeted US Senator or members of the J6 Committee.

Doesn't sound like Sheila Graham or Rhona Barrett Daytime TV. Hell, it isn't even Kelly Clarkson.

by Anonymousreply 82September 24, 2022 6:47 PM

Joy looks refreshed. What did she have done?

by Anonymousreply 83September 24, 2022 7:17 PM

Joy had an enema and it gave her a whole new perspective on life. She looks great for someone who will be 80 in a few weeks.

by Anonymousreply 84September 24, 2022 9:31 PM

Joy cleaned out her bowels.

by Anonymousreply 85September 24, 2022 11:02 PM

I can't believe Whoopi has been hosting this show since 2007, and she STILL doesn't know how to segue into a commercial break. She becomes flustered and exasperated when the music starts to play. Everyone else in her shoes who moderates a talk show panel knows how to segue into a commercial - yet 15 years in, she's still acts like it's her first day on the job.

by Anonymousreply 86September 26, 2022 4:06 PM

Anyone else noticing the tension between Ana and Sunny lately?

by Anonymousreply 87September 26, 2022 4:15 PM

I think Whoopi's ineptness comes from not giving a shit about the job.

by Anonymousreply 88September 26, 2022 7:42 PM

As bad as Whoopi’s segues are, they used to be even worse. This is a sadly huge improvement over when she started.

I agree about some tension between Anna and Sunny but I think it’s mostly Anna finding Sunny as much of an annoying broken record as the rest of us. I loved her calling out the hypocrisy of Sunny not understanding anyone who doesn’t immediately jump ship from the Republican Party while continuing to carry on about her Catholic faith.

by Anonymousreply 89September 27, 2022 3:25 AM

Sunny has become such a bore.

by Anonymousreply 90September 27, 2022 9:57 PM

Joy is looking foxy (old term..lol) lately. I love her earrings today!

by Anonymousreply 91September 28, 2022 3:05 PM

I'm thinking all these compliments they are giving her and the way her wardrobe assistant is dressing her will all lead up to a big bash for her upcoming 80th birthday on the show (OCTOBER 7).

by Anonymousreply 92September 28, 2022 3:31 PM

She looks a good 20 years younger. Great stylists!

by Anonymousreply 93September 28, 2022 3:42 PM

Good for Joy! She’s prolly also diddling her snatch for the first time in years because she can find it again.

by Anonymousreply 94September 29, 2022 2:12 AM

Of course Sunny had to derail the conversation about Lizzo playing James Madison's flute with a rant about James Madison having owned slaves. At this point they should just replace her with a cardboard cutout that says "black people, racism, slavery, and reparations" on it and save themselves a few million dollars a year.

by Anonymousreply 95October 2, 2022 8:08 PM

On Thursday, the four hosts from 'Shark Tank' were on the show. They're not only hosts, they are co-executive producers (so they call the shots). Sunny gushed all over them, telling them she never misses a show, blah blah blah.

This was an opportune time for Sunny to ask them why they have never had a Black or Latina woman on the show as one of the investors. There's J,Lo, Beyonce, Tyra Banks, Jessica Alba and so many more Black and Latina female entrepreneurs out there, and not once has one of them ever sat in as a guest 'shark' in all the years I've watched the show. These are co-exec producers who call the shots and cast the 'guest sharks' to come on the show each week. Why wouldn't Sunny ask them about not casting minority female investors ?

by Anonymousreply 96October 3, 2022 1:23 AM

[quote] Why wouldn't Sunny ask them about not casting minority female investors ?

Because she’s more than happy to cash those ABC checks.

by Anonymousreply 97October 3, 2022 2:06 AM

"Because she’s more than happy to cash those ABC checks."

In other words, she's a hypocrite.

by Anonymousreply 98October 3, 2022 2:34 AM

r96 but that gorgeous British black Skims woman has been on Shark Tank at least a few times as a guest shark. I really like her, I wish they’d replace Lori with her.

by Anonymousreply 99October 3, 2022 6:21 AM

They had Maggie Haberman on today. As much as I hate her, I want to read her book. I hope it will be serialized somewhere. I don't want to give her the money.

by Anonymousreply 100October 3, 2022 7:48 PM

Perhaps you could visit your local library?

by Anonymousreply 101October 3, 2022 8:08 PM

HAHAHAHA

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102October 4, 2022 11:54 AM

Whoopi Goldberg *IS* Fat Suit

Live at the St James theatre

16 weeks only!

by Anonymousreply 103October 4, 2022 1:44 PM

The View had the cast of 'Till' on today - Whoopi, Sunny and Sara interviewed them. There was so much ass-kissing going on it made me sick. Not to mention dropping the words 'Oscar buzz' every chance they got. Sara is Whoopi's biggest ass kisser.

by Anonymousreply 104October 20, 2022 2:55 AM

I hadn't seen this thread until today. I wondered why no one was talking about Sunny being such a full-on cunt lately - but you are! Thank goodness, it's not just me wondering how she gets away with all this shit.

Listening to Sunny the other day it occurred to me that she seemed very schooled and prepared on some conservative talking points of view. It just seemed forced and rigid, and very unnatural. She is really getting to be a full-fledged prissy pain in the ass. I used to suspect that people from FOX always prepared the Arizona Princess, and now I feel the same way about Sunny (who is not much of a sunny chickie babe at all). Christ, but she is full of herself.

by Anonymousreply 105October 20, 2022 4:39 AM

Sunny used to be on Fox, so that tracks.

by Anonymousreply 106October 20, 2022 6:21 AM

No shit R106! Had no idea!

by Anonymousreply 107October 20, 2022 7:08 AM

Gassy Whoopi cushion is full of fart. I will never ever ever ever ever watch her movie.

by Anonymousreply 108October 20, 2022 7:32 AM

[quote] I wondered why no one was talking about Sunny being such a full-on cunt lately - but you are! Thank goodness, it's not just me wondering how she gets away with all this shit.

Um, it's pretty obvious how she gets away with it.

by Anonymousreply 109October 25, 2022 2:56 PM

Damn ! More ass-kissing for Whoopi and her potential Oscar nomination for "Till" on the show today, this one from actress Kerry Washington. The usual kneeling at Whoopi's altar, letting her know how special and sacred she was to Washington who wanted to be an actress. Whoopi Guruberg smiles and nods her head knowingly.

Let's hope the Academy sees right through this crap and ignores her during nominations. If it's not the guests at the table, it's Sara, Anna, Sunny or AFG letting her know what a great actress she is each day, and how important this film is. (Joy wisely shuts up).

by Anonymousreply 110October 27, 2022 2:25 AM

Let's see if Whoopi mentions the 'tepid' box-office for 'Till' this weekend. It opened in wide release and landed at #6 at the box office ('Tar' did worse).

by Anonymousreply 111October 31, 2022 3:53 AM

They really skewered Whoopi this weekend On Saturday night live.

by Anonymousreply 112October 31, 2022 3:55 AM

Skewered ? That was one of the worst parodies I've ever seen them do of 'The View'. SO much funnier when Keenan plays her. And that Sarah Silverman as Joy ? Wow - she missed the mark by a mile. It was awful.

by Anonymousreply 113October 31, 2022 3:59 AM

[Quote]let's see if Whoopi mentions the 'tepid' box-office for 'Till' this weekend. It opened in wide release and landed at #6 at the box office ('Tar' did worse).

It did worse than Bros did in its opening weekend

by Anonymousreply 114October 31, 2022 5:25 AM

R113 you really missed the mark, it’s Sarah Sherman!

But her Joy was awful, so loud & screechy. They got the hair right at least.

by Anonymousreply 115October 31, 2022 7:05 AM

They got Sunny right too with Punky just sitting there pursing her lips and making faces.

by Anonymousreply 116October 31, 2022 3:28 PM

How did that happen? ^^^

by Anonymousreply 117October 31, 2022 4:17 PM

Somebody must have changed the programming here.

by Anonymousreply 118October 31, 2022 4:18 PM

Sunny is embarrassing at this point. Everyday is a cringe

by Anonymousreply 119October 31, 2022 4:37 PM

I'm honestly shocked by what they let Sunny get away with or that they think she's in any way an appealing TV presence. Either she's much different behind the scenes or they're absolutely terrified of the accusations she'd toss around if she got canned.

by Anonymousreply 120October 31, 2022 4:47 PM

After years of hate watching through Meghan McMyFather's stomach turning tenure, I actually stopped watching last season because of Sunny.

McCain held the show hostage and now Sunny has taken up the mantle.

by Anonymousreply 121October 31, 2022 5:10 PM

I'm guessing Whoopi won't be bringing up TILL any time soon with it flopping at the box office. Guests this week best keep their mouths shut and not mention the movie.

by Anonymousreply 122October 31, 2022 9:01 PM

Oh I bet she gives it one last blast out over the airwaves. She never gives up that easily, and it's FREE publicity.

by Anonymousreply 123October 31, 2022 9:30 PM

It will happen during nomination season.

by Anonymousreply 124October 31, 2022 10:07 PM

Oh yes - once January rolls around, the Whoopi ass-kissing will begin again. Sara will keep saying "Ghost" is her favorite movie, and try to coax Whoopi into saying "You in trouble girl!" (which Whoopi won't do, so Sara will do). Sunny will bring up her role in 'The Color Purple' and remind everyone she was nominated back then. They'll throw in "Sister Act" and "Sister Act 2". All just to remind everyone that Whoopi is an Oscar winner, and should be nominated again.

Keep in mind, they never ever mention "Burglar" or any of Whoopi's other string of flops.

by Anonymousreply 125October 31, 2022 11:24 PM

Today was the first live show since "Till" opened nationwide this past weekend and Whoopi said .............................NOTHING. Nada. Zip.

No mention of the box office flop she's been promoting for the past five weeks on the show. Sarah, Sunny, Joy and Alyssa didn't dare mention it.

by Anonymousreply 126November 2, 2022 2:19 AM

Gals and a table??? Was it a glass table???

by Anonymousreply 127November 2, 2022 2:39 AM

Joy forgot the name of the movie.

by Anonymousreply 128November 2, 2022 3:08 AM

Bad Scripts!

Bad Directors!

by Anonymousreply 129November 2, 2022 3:16 AM

Whoopster was also on GMA and not a word about the flop movie.

by Anonymousreply 130November 2, 2022 4:28 AM

We all know the movie flopped due to systemic racism in this country. Americans don’t want to talk about history.

by Anonymousreply 131November 2, 2022 12:30 PM

Has Kathy najimi released a statement?

by Anonymousreply 132November 2, 2022 12:43 PM

I’m a black woman. If you’re not a black woman, don’t talk to me.

by Anonymousreply 133November 2, 2022 1:32 PM

Excuse, I’m an Afro Latina woman. Please recognize my full identity. It’s the only thing I have going for me.

by Anonymousreply 134November 2, 2022 1:51 PM

Charo was cute on the Halloween episode. I wish she played proper flamenco music though.

by Anonymousreply 135November 2, 2022 2:10 PM

It was like seeing a flauta sitting next to an enchilada.

by Anonymousreply 136November 2, 2022 2:42 PM

On yesterday's show, Sara and Sunny got 'into it'. Sara was stating facts about why AA should be removed from colleges (she was reading off her blue index cards, so not sure who did the research for her) , and Sunny wasn't having it. Whoopi chimed in a bit, but she seemed to be impressed with Sara holding her own. Joy and Alyssa - for the most part - stayed out of it and watched these two go at it. In the end, Sunny pursed her lips and glared at Sara. Sara simply wasn't taking it from Sunny - I was never a fan of Sara's until yesterday.

For the record, Sunny keeps saying her son Gabriel is a student at Harvard (which we all know) and that she had to pay tuition out-of-pocket because the family didn't qualify for any financial assistance. (Ummm, she's the co-host of THE VIEW, legal analyst for ABC News and her husband is a prominent NYC orthopedic surgeon....she's really expecting financial assistance from Harvard ?).

What she hasn't said was how much money they donated to Harvard (which she claims she's dead-set against) to get her son admitted to HU in the first place. I'm sure they dropped a hefty sum - and I wish someone at HU would 'leak it' to the press !

by Anonymousreply 137November 3, 2022 2:49 PM

I saw that too, R137, and Sara is my favorite because I think she's the only one who actually articulates any kind of nuance about most topics. I've also noticed how frequently Sunny acts like white people's dislike of certain liberal policies or ideas are solely rooted in a dislike of black people. For example, whenever CRT comes up, Sunny insists that white people don't want to teach our history or acknowledge the racism in this country. In reality, white parents just don't want their kids being taught that they're inherently oppressors because they're white. I remember last year that Sunny got into it with Condeleeza Rice when Condeleeza articulated that exact point. In this case, Sunny seems to think any dislike for affirmative action is solely rooted in animus towards black people--and Whoopi said argued something similar about how white folks just don't want black folks at their school. The real issue, though, is that, just like black kids don't want to be discriminated against based on the color of their skin, white kids applying to college don't want to be either.

by Anonymousreply 138November 3, 2022 7:16 PM

I'm also super annoyed by Whoopi's constant interruptions whenever the subject of the Dem's prospects in the midterms come up. Every time someone starts to say that the Democrats are potentially looking at getting slaughtered based on polling, past precedent, etc., she jumps all over them to insist no one should tell anyone what's gonna happen in the election because we don't know what will happen, it's up to us to decide, etc., etc. And of course she's right that no one can predict the future, but that's no reason that they shouldn't be allowed to discuss polling or pundit chatter.

by Anonymousreply 139November 3, 2022 7:20 PM

Today Sunny called white suburban women voting for Republicans who support abortion bans like "cockroaches voting for insecticide." Alyssa rightfully called her out on how obnoxious that was and then she and Sara both had to explain the idea of not being a single issue voter. I mean, seriously?

by Anonymousreply 140November 3, 2022 7:30 PM

Sunny Hostin is slowly morphing into Revereand Sunny Sharpton on this show, right before our very eyes. Like Sharpton, Sunny's shtick is to play "professional race victim" every day on television. I'm really getting tired of it, as it's growing old and stale.

Again, yesterday she spoke out against "legacy" admissions, and spoke up for "affirmative action" . Sara pointed out she was against both - believing neither is fair. Sarah also tried to squeeze in that she's against 'big donor' admissions, those families who make a generous donation to the school to 'help' their child get into Harvard (she brought up Jared Kushner being one of those who benefited). At that point, Sunny Sharpton 'sucked in her teeth' and 'pursed her lips'. Not a mention if she is for or against 'donations' to get your kid in...

Which reassures me - her kid got in on a BIG donation. I so wish this would leak to the press !

by Anonymousreply 141November 3, 2022 7:31 PM

Today Sara talked about how her husband doesn’t want his kids to be easily identifiable as Jewish because he’s worried about them being targets of anti-semitisim. I so desperately wanted to hear Sunny say again how she doesn’t like people who are chameleons and can “pass.”

by Anonymousreply 142November 4, 2022 4:23 PM

You mean Sunny didn't interject and tell us about her Jewish ancestry, and how hard it is to be a Black Latina Catholic Jew in today's world ?

by Anonymousreply 143November 4, 2022 6:29 PM

Oh, she did interject to talk about her Jewish grandfather. Of course.

by Anonymousreply 144November 4, 2022 6:40 PM

Sunny Hostin is insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 145November 5, 2022 1:21 AM

A whole week's worth of "The View" and not one mention of Whoopi's flop movie "Till". How embarrassing!

by Anonymousreply 146November 5, 2022 1:46 AM

LSA troll says what?

by Anonymousreply 147November 5, 2022 1:53 AM

Nicolle talked to Whoopi and was exuberantly praising the movie. Is the movie any good or is it that it's such a downer for right now.

by Anonymousreply 148November 5, 2022 1:57 AM

The movie has gotten great reviews from critics and movie-goers. However, it didn't do well at all at the box-office opening weekend (last weekend). Did worse than "Bros". I honestly think the cohosts and guests on the show have now been warned not to say a word about the movie - unlike the past six weeks where all they did was talk about the movie and 'Oscar buzz' for Whoopi.

by Anonymousreply 149November 5, 2022 2:16 AM

Nobody want to spend money going out to see a kid getting beat to death. Going out is for escapism these days. The only reason it was released in theaters is foe awards.

by Anonymousreply 150November 5, 2022 2:27 AM

Well, r149, if the critics like it, it won't be forgotten at awards time.

by Anonymousreply 151November 5, 2022 2:31 AM

This will probably sound dumb as dirt but the reason I can't stand Sunny is that she seems to believe she is so adorable. The way she overloads the makeup, the hair, her clothes, the smug, self-righteous little pouty looks she's always throwing out to the cameras. She has become a serious diva. On other sites does she get as much grief as she does here? Am I a pouty poodle to be thinking these awful things about her? Is it just us?

by Anonymousreply 152November 5, 2022 5:46 AM

It's pretty universal on many TV message boards I'm on that Sunny is losing her appeal with viewers. She's full of undeserved self-importance, and people are tired of her and her attitude. I'm sure ABC is taking note.

by Anonymousreply 153November 6, 2022 6:48 PM

Sunny has turned herself into a Kardashian.

by Anonymousreply 154November 6, 2022 7:18 PM

Except people like the Kardashians.

by Anonymousreply 155November 6, 2022 7:23 PM

"Till" dropped from 6th place to 8th place in it's second week of wide-release. The movie scored $1.9M this weekend at the box office, bringing it's 4 week total to $6.6M. Yeah, no one's going to talk about this dud with Whoopie on 'The View' any more. It's over.

by Anonymousreply 156November 7, 2022 3:11 AM

[quote]Today Sara talked about how her husband doesn’t want his kids to be easily identifiable as Jewish because he’s worried about them being targets of anti-semitisim.

But isn't Sarah's husband reportedly a Trumper?

by Anonymousreply 157November 7, 2022 3:48 AM

Sorry, that should've been Sara, not Sarah.

by Anonymousreply 158November 7, 2022 3:50 AM

r156, Woopie is positioned to be the Black Mirimax for the Oscars.

Cash will be spent.

by Anonymousreply 159November 7, 2022 4:21 AM

no r157

by Anonymousreply 160November 7, 2022 7:40 AM

Did Whoopi fart on Sara Thursday? It sounded as though she cut a big one by Sara.

by Anonymousreply 161November 7, 2022 8:14 AM

Who the hell decided to dress up Sunny like an Easter Egg on Monday (11/6) show ???

Her top was a sheer, sparkly purple something and the bottom was pink and sparkly. In November ? This was more appropriate for April or May. Not November.

And she agreed to wear this hideous thing ?

by Anonymousreply 162November 8, 2022 3:07 PM

I also noticed her hideous outfit. Maybe she's as cunty to the wardrobe department as she is on air.

by Anonymousreply 163November 8, 2022 3:20 PM

Someone needs to tell Sunny to SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!

by Anonymousreply 164November 8, 2022 3:22 PM

Moogan had the worst wardrobe and hair styles...now that she's gone, it's Sunny's turn. Sunny's..."I'm the shit, Mz. Laatinaa." attitude is making her a very unlikable character. Her face mugging is punchable.

by Anonymousreply 165November 8, 2022 3:35 PM

That blonde wig/extensions Sunny wears every day - makes her look like she stole it from Whitney Houston's closet c. 1987 for the "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" video.

by Anonymousreply 166November 8, 2022 3:42 PM

I remember Sunny once going on a rant about how she had to embrace wearing her natural hair on TV. I was like "bitch, that hair may be natural, but it definitely aint yours."

by Anonymousreply 167November 8, 2022 3:58 PM

I loved when, today, Whoopi had to stop Sunny and Amy Farah Fowler from arguing.

Farah Fowler was brought back to apologize for misquoting Sunny.

DELISH!

by Anonymousreply 168November 8, 2022 6:24 PM

"The View" was once again forced to a commercial break on Tuesday morning, but it wasn't because of protestors. This time, it happened in order to cut off an on-screen argument between hosts Sunny Hostin and Alyssa Farah Griffin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169November 8, 2022 6:57 PM

I like Farah Fowler but never forget she is a Republicunt.

by Anonymousreply 170November 8, 2022 8:09 PM

Why do Weird Al and Sunny Hostin have the same hairstyle?

by Anonymousreply 171November 9, 2022 1:20 AM

[quote] Farah Fowler was brought back to apologize for misquoting Sunny.

Yeah, that was ridiculous. Almost as ridiculous as Sunny claiming that she didn't call white suburban women who vote Republican cockroaches because she only said they were *like* cockroaches. Talk about splitting hairs. Her point about no one taking offense when she made a similar comment about latino voters was also stupid. There's a big difference between her commenting on latinos, a group she loves to claim she's part of, and white suburban women, of which she is very much not one.

by Anonymousreply 172November 9, 2022 2:00 AM

Sunny was talking about people voting against their interests, and these women were like cockroaches voting for Raid. Jews for Hitler is better?

by Anonymousreply 173November 9, 2022 3:54 AM

Is someone in management or production servicing Sunny?

by Anonymousreply 174November 9, 2022 6:47 AM

ALl AFG did was refer to Sunny's 'comparison' last week, which has gotten plenty of bad press coverage (and Sunny, you can tell, is embarrassed by that). So Sunny decided to take this opportunity to 'walk back her statement' - and poor AFG got the brunt of it (can you imagine if it was McCain sitting there ????)

First Sunny denied it, then she said she was repeating a 'joke' which Jon Leguziamo said, then she said she identifies with these white women because "my mother is caucasian' . Huh ? Since when? She has always identified her mother as Latina, which she has always claimed is not caucasian.

If it were McCain or Hassleback who said something like this about Black women or Latinas - there's no way in Hell that the show would allow them to 'walk it back' the way they let Sunny did yesterday. They would've made them 'own it'.

by Anonymousreply 175November 9, 2022 3:30 PM

No, Amy Farah Fowler said that Sunny called suburban women COCKROACHES.

That was wrong as you are,cunt.

by Anonymousreply 176November 9, 2022 4:25 PM

Hi Sunny @ R176. I’m glad you’ve found Datalounge. Now tell us again about how you’re personally opposed to abortion because of your Catholic faith yet also claim to be totally fine with the gays.

by Anonymousreply 177November 9, 2022 9:48 PM

Like I tell Manny, my pussy my rules.

by Anonymousreply 178November 9, 2022 9:58 PM

Has she lightened her skin? She looks different than when she was on CNN.

by Anonymousreply 179November 9, 2022 11:14 PM

No, R179, she lightened only her brain.

by Anonymousreply 180November 10, 2022 3:52 AM

Whoops! "Till" dropped to ninth place at the box office this weekend -five weeks in and it finally hit $8M. Don't think Whoopi will be announcing this 'benchmark' tomorrow on the show.

by Anonymousreply 181November 14, 2022 7:37 AM

Is $8m really that bad? I would think that's pretty decent for a harrowing period drama nobody really wants to see, with actors no one has ever heard of before (except Whoopi who is borderline unrecognisable and barely in the trailer). People go to the cinema for the Marvel & Disney spectacle, not to be taught a difficult lesson.

To me it's doing more than enough that it will still have a shot at some categories come awards season. Especially with all the critical acclaim.

by Anonymousreply 182November 14, 2022 8:14 AM

What was Basement pulling in for the So Koreans this time last year?

by Anonymousreply 183November 14, 2022 10:13 AM

[R182] Yes, it is really that bad.

Considering the amount of publicity this film got just on :"The View" from the start of Season 26 until the day of release, yes it should have done much better. I don't think anyone was expecting it to bomb this big.

by Anonymousreply 184November 14, 2022 2:28 PM

People are tired of hearing about the plight of black people. That must be it.

by Anonymousreply 185November 14, 2022 2:38 PM

“Bros” has grossed $14 million, so far.

by Anonymousreply 186November 14, 2022 3:25 PM

OMG!!!

NO WHOOPI !!!

NO JOY !!!

GO SARA!!!

by Anonymousreply 187November 14, 2022 5:03 PM

Sara was good as moderator. Though you know Sunny was seething she didn't get the gig. Of course, Sunny introducing Zoe Kazan as "Joe Kazan" shows exactly why she didn't get it.

by Anonymousreply 188November 14, 2022 5:06 PM

[Quote]“Bros” has grossed $14 million, so far.

and Till has grossed $8M

by Anonymousreply 189November 14, 2022 9:14 PM

Why TF is Joy off every Monday lately? She’s the main reason I watch! I like everyone else ok but the show just isn’t funny without her.

by Anonymousreply 190November 15, 2022 3:20 AM

She's 80 years old. Probably negotiated a 3-day week.

by Anonymousreply 191November 15, 2022 4:23 AM

Whoopi has a 4 day M-Th schedule.

If joy has most favored nation status, a Joy 4 day Tu-Fr schedule would not be out of bounds.

Bless her Calabrian ass!

by Anonymousreply 192November 15, 2022 4:55 AM

I also wonder if the producers decided to give Joy the day off on Mondays as a way of finding more airtime for Anna each week. Either way, Joy has definitely earned it.

by Anonymousreply 193November 15, 2022 4:59 AM

Joy must arrive at the studio an hour early to have all that pancake foundation applied to her face each day.

by Anonymousreply 194November 15, 2022 5:05 AM

Whoopi's birthday was Sunday, so I wasn't surprised to see her off on Monday. She was probably still stoned from the festivities and would be less comprehensible than she is on her best days.

by Anonymousreply 195November 15, 2022 8:26 AM

Sara was glad that Whoopi wasn’t around to fart on her Monday after a particularly gassy food binged birthday weekend.

by Anonymousreply 196November 15, 2022 10:00 AM

Sometimes you really can see Sara's eyes watering because of the farts. She plays it off really well actually on the air, such a good friend.

by Anonymousreply 197November 15, 2022 12:10 PM

What a pleasant experience to see a show without Whoppi and Joy.

by Anonymousreply 198November 15, 2022 12:33 PM

Whoopi was out because she has Covid. This season Joy negotiated to work only 4 days, Tuesday - Friday. Whoopi also only works 4 days, Monday - Thursday. Anna is on as the fifth member on Mondays and Fridays.

by Anonymousreply 199November 15, 2022 12:40 PM

Maybe Whoopi an Joy can go on the Johnny Carson schedule.

by Anonymousreply 200November 15, 2022 12:44 PM

They had Sara moderate on Monday. Hasn't Sunny been there longer?

by Anonymousreply 201November 16, 2022 8:59 AM

The reverend Sunny Sharpton has stated her boundaries and will not be denied the host position again

by Anonymousreply 202November 16, 2022 10:16 AM

Both Sara and Sunny joined The View in 2016. Maybe the producer went alphabetically and since Haines comes before Hostin, Sara got to fill in as moderator. Or they tossed a coin and Sara won. Or perhaps any day now we will learn that ABC has been served with a lawsuit claiming systemic racism courtesy of Ms. Hostin.

by Anonymousreply 203November 16, 2022 10:34 AM

[quote]The reverend Sunny Sharpton

Sad but true. I used to somewhat like her.

I hate watched during McMyFather's reign but quit watching this season due to Sunny's extreme behavior. I never would have guessed Sunny would be the final straw for me but she was.

by Anonymousreply 204November 16, 2022 10:38 AM

Why does Sara receive second billing, before Joy?

by Anonymousreply 205November 16, 2022 12:01 PM

^^I think they announce in order of seating arrangement?

by Anonymousreply 206November 16, 2022 12:05 PM

I think Sara got picked on Monday because she actually has hosting / moderating duties from the brief time she hosted "GMA 3" back in 2018-19 with Michael S. Hostin hasn't had experience like that yet.

by Anonymousreply 207November 16, 2022 9:20 PM

And Sara hosts The Chase on prime time. And very well.

by Anonymousreply 208November 16, 2022 10:27 PM

I’d be curious to know Sunny’s Q rating.

It was Star’s declining Q rating that led to her contract not being renewed.

by Anonymousreply 209November 16, 2022 10:39 PM

Sunny’s contact was renewed over the summer for this season and the next two. God only knows why. I’ve honestly yet to encounter anyone who enjoys her on this show.

by Anonymousreply 210November 16, 2022 10:43 PM

I enjoy Sunny for the most part. I think she's very smart. The DataLounge gods must have answered your prayers because she was absent from the show today.

by Anonymousreply 211November 17, 2022 5:31 PM

Sunny is very smart. It’s her opinions that are stupid.

by Anonymousreply 212November 17, 2022 5:32 PM

Don't know if I'd say she's 'very smart' - I'd say she's 'very educated'. 'Smart' is something else, and as she has shown in her opinions on different topics - she's not smart. Just educated on different (legal) subjects.

by Anonymousreply 213November 17, 2022 7:00 PM

Two days without Sunny. Wonder if it's punishment for equating female conservative suburban voters to rodents to weeks ago and later standing up for that..

by Anonymousreply 214November 18, 2022 8:49 PM

Is it me or does Sunny look much “darker” than she did a couple of years ago?

by Anonymousreply 215November 18, 2022 8:59 PM

The last 2 days without Sunny have been VERY enjoyable.

by Anonymousreply 216November 18, 2022 9:10 PM

Sunny, you in danger, gurl!

by Anonymousreply 217November 18, 2022 9:32 PM

This is the second time Whoopi got covid...I think.

by Anonymousreply 218November 18, 2022 10:57 PM

r214, you can repeat and repeat the derivative but calling some voters as cockroaches voting for Raid, voting against their self-interest, It wasn't rodents you snake.

by Anonymousreply 219November 18, 2022 10:57 PM

r218, Whoopi?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220November 18, 2022 11:00 PM

Hmmmm...^^

by Anonymousreply 221November 18, 2022 11:03 PM

So apparently Kathy Griffin was offered 1.4 million to join the panel sometime around when Elizabeth first joined. She was making 7-10 million per year at that point, so she asked them to raise their offer and then essentially walked. She revealed this in her recent interview with Ross Matthews. It's a crazy lowball offer, but so interesting to hear her spill the real numbers.

She really should be on the show - its a great format for her - but at this point there's too much drama as it is and Kathy would only kick up more.

by Anonymousreply 222November 18, 2022 11:08 PM

The View is notorious for its low pay. Rosie O'Donnell has talked about this in the past. R222, Can Kathy Griffin even do the View at this stage in her life? I thought she lost most of her voice due to her lung cancer and subsequent treatment for it.

by Anonymousreply 223November 18, 2022 11:19 PM

Elisabeth joined in 2003, and I don't think KG was pulling in $7-10M per year at that time. She really didn't become famous with her Bravo show until a few years later. Plus, Walters was in charge of hiring back then and she loathed Griffin - that was an open secret. No way would she even entertain the idea of hiring Griffin in 2003 (plus there were no other vacant chairs except for the one Lisa Ling was leaving and EH took over).

by Anonymousreply 224November 18, 2022 11:53 PM

Kathy Griffin lies.

by Anonymousreply 225November 19, 2022 4:39 AM

A little Kathy Griffin goes a long way.

by Anonymousreply 226November 19, 2022 4:49 AM

R224 I totally thought so too, but Kathy told Ross she sat down with Babs and Sweaty Getty to discuss the offer and then they parted amicably.

I don't think Babs was above hiring a potentially annoying person if they might be good for ratings (see Elizabeth, Sherri, Star, Rosie...)

Kathy probably doesn't have the stamina now or the voice which is still faint. Plus, she's openly called out Hollywood for turning their back on her...so which guests could she interview without it being awkward? None.

Plus MAGAS would be gunning for her and she doesn't need any more of that shit.

by Anonymousreply 227November 19, 2022 7:08 AM

I thought she said on a podcast recently that she was up for the slot Sheri Shepard got.

by Anonymousreply 228November 19, 2022 7:40 AM

[R227] Her story just doesn't add up. Not the timing, not the money offered, not the meeting with Walters and Geddie. "The View" was at the top of their game when Hasslebeck was hired in 2003, and there were many women trying out for the vacant conservative chair (including Kathie Lee Gifford, who was considered 'too old' for the seat, at 49).

Maybe she meant in 2013, when Hasslebeck left after 10 years - but then again, Walters was still in charge and she hired Jenny McCarthy (whom she didn't like, either).

by Anonymousreply 229November 19, 2022 3:23 PM

When the hired Hasselbeck they specifically were looking for a young married woman who could give them ratings boosts when pregnant like Kelly Ripa did for her show.

by Anonymousreply 230November 20, 2022 7:00 AM

I may be wrong but I don't think the fifth spot was considered the conservative chair back then but rather the "younger woman" chair. When Elisabeth was hired, she was replacing Lisa Ling who herself replaced the original host Debbie Matenopolous.

by Anonymousreply 231November 20, 2022 1:56 PM

[R230] Hasslebeck wasn't married then - she went by her maiden name 'Elisabeth Filarski'.

[R231] I would say Ling was a conservative voice at the table, considering she came from a conservative Asian family which she shared stories about. And Debbie came from a conservative Greek family, whom she used to speak about and share her 'limited experiences' as a 20-something living with them.

by Anonymousreply 232November 20, 2022 4:23 PM

Lisa and Debbie came from socially conservative families but they were not politically conservative. Elisabeth was the first political conservative on the panel and the show has decided ever since that the fifth seat should also be the conservative one. What's never made sense to me, though, is why the conservative one also has to be the young one. Elisabeth and Meghan's immaturity was more of a turn off than their political views.

by Anonymousreply 233November 20, 2022 4:50 PM

Really good point R233. I never noticed that all of their conservative hosts have been on the young side. Even Faux News skews young with most of their female talent. Maybe conservative messaging tests better with focus groups when it comes from a young, attractive women?

by Anonymousreply 234November 20, 2022 6:49 PM

When Lisa and Debbie were on, the show was not politically-centric as it is today (that didn't happen until 2006 when Rosie took over). Most of their topics were on social issues - not necessarily political - and Debbie and Lisa lent a very conservative viewpoint. When Elisabeth was hired, there was still less talk about politics and the emphasis was on social issues. I remember a few issues they talked about repeatedly those early seasons were 'living together before marriage', 'premarital sex' and 'birth control'.

Once Rosie came in, the show and it's focus changed to political issues - and hit the jackpot in the ratings. Aside from Elisabeth and Meghan, other social / political conservative hosts on the show since 2006 included Jedediah, Born-Again-Christian Paula Farris, and Mormon Abby Huntsman.

by Anonymousreply 235November 20, 2022 7:41 PM

Hasslebeck was grating on the ears. That voice. Aye-Yai-Yai. Add to the nails on a chalkboard voice the propensity to be a flipped-out Jesus freak, and on top of that mound of shit, a warped sense of political reality, so what are you left with? 10 years of grief. I went through very long periods of not watching. Very long.

I like the makeup of the current squad. Well, except for Sunshine. She can leave at any time. If production gets a whiff of how unpopular she is becoming we may be in luck.

by Anonymousreply 236November 21, 2022 12:37 AM

R236, Each day, Joy is caked in layers of makeup that make her coffin ready.

by Anonymousreply 237November 21, 2022 1:13 AM

Lisa Ling is a legitimate reporter who had very little tolerance for some of the nonsense that was on the show. She was not right for the show. The whole political crap was all on Rosie.

by Anonymousreply 238November 21, 2022 1:14 AM

In fairness, I think Rosie was exactly what the US needed. We talk all the time about how women are given a platform and how lesbians might contribute a lot to politics because of their (general) no-BS attitude/let's get things accomplished outlook.

Rosie had been "The Queen of Nice" (remember that?) on her own show for years and I think had moved into a new phase of wanting to say things that mattered. We got a taste of it when she ambushed Tom Sellick about gun control during her old show. Rosie feels strongly about making America smarter and safer. Less guns, less rhetoric and BS, and better treatment towards troops - those are things that quickly came through about her. Calling out Trump for being a misogynistic asshole years before the world learned it the hard way was MASTERFUL. I really, really, really wish Rosie had stayed on The View. She was willing to talk real talk on air, and granted, she's no genius and no angel, but she made good solid points about American values and social problems. The problem was, Barbara wanted total control, the producers wanted to play up the arguing between Rosie and Elizabeth and it all just blew up and hurt Rosie and the show frankly. Whoopi was an easy replacement because she had no desire to really be there or really talk about anything.

Honestly, not to overstate The View's importance, but had Rosie weathered a few more years on the show, I wonder if we'd be where we are now. Americans were watching, listening, thinking, debating..."big fat mean old lesbian Rosie" disappearing off tv sets only fueled the idea that she was "just a loudmouth" and didn't belong on tv. That the show kept whiny and young and skinny Christian Elizabeth on the show - even though she was pointless and said nothing - and was happy to let Rosie twist in the wind says a lot.

I get it's supposed to be about different points of view...but look where giving all viewpoints a platform has lead us. Give the morons equal time in the limelight as intelligent thinkers and people on the outskirts who understand what oppression really is (gay people) and the morons will only gain followers.

It's beyond sad what the show is now. McCain was horrendous and stripped the show of any dignity it had left. She was just a brat and made it unwatchable. My sympathies go to Joy, who was generally polite and funny and watchable, because she's suffered through all these cast changes and...for what? The paycheck?

by Anonymousreply 239November 21, 2022 4:54 AM

sorry how women *AREN'T* given a platform ^

by Anonymousreply 240November 21, 2022 4:54 AM

R236, Let's see how *you* look when you're 80. You'll have so damn much makeup on that you'll scare the neighborhood dogs.

by Anonymousreply 241November 21, 2022 5:26 AM

^Mary!

by Anonymousreply 242November 21, 2022 6:04 AM

no r232

She was Filarski on Survivor but was always Hasselbeck on The View.

And I said she was hired because they wanted babies being born.

Ling was fired according to that recent book about the show.

by Anonymousreply 243November 21, 2022 6:23 AM

[Quote] I think Rosie was exactly what the US needed.

Oh, my sides!

by Anonymousreply 244November 21, 2022 6:50 AM

I enjoy this current iteration of the show although I think Whoopi should step down from the moderator role.

by Anonymousreply 245November 21, 2022 6:55 AM

R245, The new girl, AFG, is too hesitant in expressing her conservative views.

by Anonymousreply 246November 21, 2022 9:52 AM

Whoopi gases up the show. Poor Sara having to smell Whoopi’s farts day after day.

by Anonymousreply 247November 21, 2022 10:18 AM

R246 Amy Farah Fowler is an anti-cunt.

She is not hesitant, she is respectful.

I'm a convert.

by Anonymousreply 248November 21, 2022 11:10 AM

R248, The woman is scared shitless to express an opposing view for fear of having Joy, Whoopi and Sunny jump down her throat.

by Anonymousreply 249November 21, 2022 11:30 AM

AFG is hesitant because she will suffer the wrath of Sunny, who has the deck of 'race cards' in her pocket. And Sunny is not afraid to use them.

by Anonymousreply 250November 21, 2022 4:08 PM

I like Alyssa. When the topics get lighter, she laughs and joins in.....unlike the humorless, pouty screecher before her. Alyssa fits in much better. She does try to be respectful, even with her opposing opinions. She could be wary, too...not wanting to be ganged up.

by Anonymousreply 251November 21, 2022 6:36 PM

Nicolle Wallace said they fired her because she didn't know anything about the Kardashians. Alyssa's not bad but I would think she would already incur Sunny's wrath because she is a paid CNN contributor, commenting on politics and nobody gives a shit about Sunny's politics.

by Anonymousreply 252November 21, 2022 6:43 PM

Yesterday Racism Barbie told Jared Polis that she was *shocked* he was the first openly gay governor and today she was *shocked* that Kumail Nanjiani was the first south Asian superhero. In what world would this be shocking? She is so annoying.

by Anonymousreply 253November 23, 2022 6:22 PM

How many times this week did Sunny mention her in-laws dying from COVID?

by Anonymousreply 254November 23, 2022 6:28 PM

How many trowels does it take to apply Sunny’s makeup each morning?

by Anonymousreply 255November 23, 2022 7:12 PM

I only noticed her mention her in-laws once this week in the context of shaming people who don't want to get boosted because Manny's parents died of Covid. It truly made no sense, though, because her in-laws died before the vaccines were available and if they were alive now and boosted themselves then other people's reluctance to get boosted would be moot for them.

by Anonymousreply 256November 23, 2022 7:30 PM

[quote]Yesterday Racism Barbie told Jared Polis that she was *shocked* he was the first openly gay governor and today she was *shocked* that Kumail Nanjiani was the first south Asian superhero. In what world would this be shocking? She is so annoying.

When you are only concerned with one group of people, you are out of the loop on everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 257November 23, 2022 8:18 PM

r252, so is Ana.

by Anonymousreply 258November 23, 2022 8:38 PM

So glad they had a table filled with food today, and Whoopi couldn't hide her facial expressions on some of the food (like cranberry-stuffed meatballs). She did perk up at the mac-n-cheese balls, though. Lucky for us none of them ate on camera this morning - nothing more gross than when Whoopi stuffs her mouth and tries to talk to the camera at the same time.

Yesterday, someone dressed Sunny up in an astronaut's suit. Today she looked like she was at a wake.

by Anonymousreply 259November 24, 2022 12:57 AM

R254 “my in-laws died from Covid” is the new “my father, John McCain.”

by Anonymousreply 260November 24, 2022 4:37 AM

Whoopi Goldberg paused midsentence during her opening remarks on Wednesday morning's episode of "The View," in which she was addressing the latest mass shooting in America, committed Tuesday night in Chesapeake, Virginia. Why? Because she was distracted by co-host Joy Behar loudly popping a Tic-Tac.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261November 24, 2022 5:01 AM

The show is so much better now. I cannot believe the producers kept Megan for so long. She made it unwatchable.

I am glad they cover news and public policy too. What was the reason to prevent this? Too keep woman from current political and news events. How sexist is this?

It is better now. Need better guests to discuss serious issues.

by Anonymousreply 262November 24, 2022 5:26 AM

So Whoopi can fart loudly all hour long but Joy can’t pop a tic tac? Alrighty then.

by Anonymousreply 263November 24, 2022 10:22 AM

Whoopi and Patti were kinda cute together. Two old broads who have been through it in showbiz but are still there.

The show is still very messy, from ill-advised segments, to Sunny's dog whistle race-bait rambling, to Whoopi being entirely unable to read the teleprompter even though she's almost 20 years into doing this job every day... but the mess has kept it going. You can tell the producers really tried to make Me-Again work because the potential for drama was strong, but she was too bad at being on television. It doesn't matter what side you're on, if you're screeching and throwing tantrums and interrupting your co-hosts every day and talking about grief? The people at home will not want to watch you. I can see why the new republican chick is playing it safe.

by Anonymousreply 264November 24, 2022 12:22 PM

Say what you will about MeAgain, but ratings skyrocketed during her tenure, propelling the show to #1 in daytime ratings. It has slipped since she left at the end of 2020-21.

by Anonymousreply 265November 24, 2022 4:04 PM

I don't miss Moo-ghan. I may not like Sunny, but no one is as bad as the screeching pouter. Maybe on occasion, major drama may make give the show some spark, but it happened too often with McCain. I don't want to see big fighting and screaming all the time.

by Anonymousreply 266November 24, 2022 4:18 PM

....major drama may *give...(omit make)...^^

by Anonymousreply 267November 24, 2022 4:20 PM

[quote] It doesn't matter what side you're on, if you're screeching and throwing tantrums and interrupting your co-hosts every day and talking about grief?

No, but you can cast side eye, purse your lips, and talk over people and it's fine.

by Anonymousreply 268November 24, 2022 4:21 PM

Ha!^^

by Anonymousreply 269November 24, 2022 4:23 PM

Today, they repeated the show from October with the cast of "Till" - right before it opened in wide release. The cast of hosts are so giddy - kissing Whoopi's ass and throwing "Oscar nominations" into the conversation. Of course, the movie opened and flopped big time at the box office - and since this episode, they never mentioned "Till" again. I guess everyone got the memo not to piss Whoopi off by ever mentioning this bomb.

by Anonymousreply 270November 24, 2022 4:23 PM

If McCain was a POC, and still behaved the same on the show - would people accuse her of throwing a tantrum, screeching, etc. ? Of course not. Everyone would be called 'racist' for suggesting that if she were black or brown. She would be considered 'voicing her opinion', and that would be that.

by Anonymousreply 271November 24, 2022 4:29 PM

R270, Were the hosts forced to attend a screening of “Till”, like they were forced to attend John McCain’s funeral?

by Anonymousreply 272November 24, 2022 7:47 PM

Whoopi knows how to shop for an Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 273November 24, 2022 8:34 PM

Keke Palmer Opens Up About How Sex Advice From Whoopi Goldberg Changed Her Life: ‘Start With Pleasing Yourself’ Story by Jamal Osborne • Tuesday

Pleasing yourself?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274November 25, 2022 8:26 AM

This thread has been paywalled. Please move to: P.art 27

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275November 26, 2022 5:18 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!