Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Butterfly Kisses

It's about molesting your kid, right?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12August 19, 2022 5:16 AM

The lyrics read like a confession

There's two things I know for sure: She was sent here from heaven and she's daddy's little girl. As I drop to my knees by her bed at night She talks to Jesus and I close my eyes And I thank god for all of the joy in my life Oh, but most of all For butterfly kisses after bedtime prayer Sticking little white flowers all up in her hair "Walk beside the pony, Daddy, it's my first ride." "I know the cake looks funny, Daddy, but I sure tried." Oh, with all that I've done wrong, I must have done something right To deserve a hug every morning And butterfly kisses at night. Sweet 16 today She's looking like her mama a little more everyday One part woman, the other part girl. To perfume and make-up from ribbons and curls Trying her wings out in a great big world. But I remember... Butterfly kisses after bedtime prayer Sticking little white flowers all up in her hair. "You know how much I love you, Daddy But if you don't mind I'm only gonna kiss you on the cheek this time." Oh with all that I've done wrong I must have done something right To deserve her love every morning and butterfly kisses at night. All the precious time Like the wind, the years go by. Precious butterfly. Spread your wings and fly. She'll change her name today. She'll make a promise and I'll give her away. Standing in the bride-room just staring at her. She asked me what I'm thinking and I said "I'm not sure-I just feel like I'm losing my baby girl." She leaned over Gave me butterfly kisses with her mama there Sticking little white flowers all up in her hair "Walk me down the aisle, Daddy-it's just about time." "Does my wedding gown look pretty, Daddy? Daddy, don't cry" Oh, with all that I've done wrong I must have done something right. To deserve her love every morning and butterfly kisses I couldn't ask God for more, man this is what love is. I know I gotta let her go, but I'll always remember Every hug in the morning and butterfly kisses...

by Anonymousreply 1August 19, 2022 3:47 AM

I wonder if we'll ever get a Chris Hansen remix?

by Anonymousreply 2August 19, 2022 3:50 AM

Those weren’t butterflies, she had fleas in her cunt.

by Anonymousreply 3August 19, 2022 3:54 AM

It's one of the most annoyingly maudlin songs ever written. It's right up there with "The Christmas Shoes".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4August 19, 2022 3:57 AM

Some people have sick minds. There is nothing strange or unusual about a strong father-daughter relationship or a strong mother-son one. Daddies' Girls and Mamas' Boys are quite common and I would say understandable. It is sometimes more difficult for people, especially straight people, to connect emotionally with someone of the same gender like they do with the opposite. Why, I don't know.

by Anonymousreply 5August 19, 2022 4:01 AM

I was away at college for 2 yrs & had no real exposure to Tv & radio for a while, & missed out on a lot of entertainment during this period.

My mother called me & told me she’d just been yelled at by our dental hygienist during a routine cleaning. I guess the song had come on & the hygienist was waxing rhapsodic about it, & my mom scoffed at her & said the song was crap.

I eventually saw the video years later on VH1 & was glad my mom didn’t cave & just agree with our hygienist.

by Anonymousreply 6August 19, 2022 4:07 AM

As music is so personal to people I try to never scoff or call any song crap. It might be crap to me while being very special to someone else. Maybe the hygienist was a daddy's girl, who's father had died.

by Anonymousreply 7August 19, 2022 4:10 AM

My pussy stinks!

by Anonymousreply 8August 19, 2022 4:12 AM

I love this song!

by Anonymousreply 9August 19, 2022 4:25 AM

r6, your mom is extremely brave. Never piss off the people using picks and drills in your mouth

by Anonymousreply 10August 19, 2022 4:59 AM

R6 another story that never happened.

by Anonymousreply 11August 19, 2022 5:14 AM

Yes it did, are you a conspiracy theorist or just a sad troll?

by Anonymousreply 12August 19, 2022 5:16 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!