Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Intradermal Monkeypox Vaccine

Santa Clara County, California will be administering monkeypox vaccine using the intradermal method. The vaccine will be delivered between layers of the skin. Somehow this method will allow one dose of vaccine to provide 5 doses, thereby allowing more people to be vaccinated. I'm just wondering what other people think about this, and is it advisable to get the vaccine this way?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14October 1, 2022 10:04 PM

I hope this will not cause a rise in manki pox again if this method turns out to be faulty.

by Anonymousreply 1August 21, 2022 12:04 PM

Right now, the best vaccine is the one you can get.

by Anonymousreply 2August 21, 2022 12:06 PM

[quote]and is it advisable to get the vaccine this way?

It is, there are many more immune cells in that layer than there are in the fat layer, so you get the same immune response with just one fifth of the dose. Hurts less, too.

On the flipside, it can cause redness and swelling more often than a regular injection. You also need someone who is properly trained in this method -- if they go too deep, the vaccine will be ineffective; if they go too shallow, the vaccine might seep out.

by Anonymousreply 3August 21, 2022 12:11 PM

What percentage of the people testing poz for monkeypox got the mRNA injection?

by Anonymousreply 4August 21, 2022 12:26 PM

God to St. Pete. "Even the Pox, can't get them prayin' & behavin'!! Send them the new improved gay plague."

by Anonymousreply 5August 21, 2022 12:54 PM

I got mine deep up the valley side of LA. They had 500 doses whereas WeHo only had 200. Something was fishier than Cheryl's cunt on that one.

by Anonymousreply 6August 22, 2022 1:54 AM

D.C. is also doing it this way also in order to extend the number of available doses. I already received the first dose via intramuscular administration. If the person who is giving the second dose knows what they’re doing, I assume it’ll work the way the FDA intends it to. But it does seem like a gamble.

by Anonymousreply 7August 22, 2022 2:48 AM

I think it's tremendous.

by Anonymousreply 8August 22, 2022 3:26 AM

My arm still has a sore, red mark. I've seen a few other guys with it. I feel like it is our Scarlet Letter. Should I still have this after almost two weeks?

by Anonymousreply 9August 27, 2022 5:18 PM

Will they reuse the needles like they did with the Hep vaccinations in the late 70s?

by Anonymousreply 10August 27, 2022 5:21 PM

r9, probably not. Who knows what'll happen to you next, injecting mystery chemicals into your body.

by Anonymousreply 11August 27, 2022 6:30 PM

R9. Yeah. With both intradermal doses, I had a red itchy mark for a couple weeks. I've been looking at guys' forearms when out and about to see if I see other vaccinated guys.

by Anonymousreply 12October 1, 2022 7:25 PM

Forearms?

Is that where they inject intradermally?

I had to get it the regular way in the upper arm because I keloid.

They didn’t ask me if I had a history of keloiding when I got the first shot; I guess they hadn’t come up with this new approach yet.

But they did ask me before the second injection.

I got a mole removed once, the resulting keloid was at least twice as big as the mole they removed and lasted 25-30 years

Keloids are wack!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13October 1, 2022 7:37 PM

Almost five weeks later and there is still a small but noticeable red mark where the intradermal dose was administered. I imagine that it will fade eventually, but for now it is easily seen.

by Anonymousreply 14October 1, 2022 10:04 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!